Posted at 9:00 AM ET, 03/ 5/2009

Mr. Pitt Goes to Washington; Chris Brown Due in Court Today

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: Brangelina's temporary house has on-site fallout shelter, barber shop... Brad Pitt slated to meet Nancy Pelosi today as Angelina Jolie shoots "Salt" in D.C... George Clooney says Sudan's president should be brought to justice... Benicio del Toro meets with Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez... Reese Witherspoon says she was "humiliated" by divorce... Michael Jackson sues to stop sale of thousands of Neverland items... Mariska Hargitay hospitalized again... Supermodel Niki Taylor gives birth to baby girl... Sarah Silverman's Comedy Central show renewed for third season... U2 deliver Letterman top 10 list; diss Sting.

Chris Brown/Rihanna Watch: Chris Brown due in court Thursday... Source says Rihanna won't testify against Brown... Alleged interior shots of the Lamborghini leaked online... source says police have blood-stained gown... Star magazine claims couple married at Diddy's Miami mansion.

Rumor Mill: "Girl Next Door" Holly Madison joining "Dancing with the Stars" line-up... Amy Winehouse's husband dating 16-year-old?... Megan Fox spotted out and about with recent ex Brian Austin Green... Paris Hilton orders up diamond encrusted dashboard... Mischa Barton headed to "Melrose Place?"

Say What?
"I clutched my grilled cheese sandwich like it was the hand of my best friend. It pretty much was my best friend those days. I was done for." -- In an excerpt from Miley Cyrus's upcoming memoir "Miles to Go," the teen star details her suffering at the hands of school bullies (and an unhealthy attachment to grilled cheese sandwiches).

Chat Day: Hey worker bees, spend a productive afternoon chatting with me. At 2 p.m. ET, bring your best gossip to this week's edition of Celebritology Live. Then, at 3 p.m. we'll all notch another credit hour in the "Lost" master's class.

Trailer: Johnny Depp and Christian Bale in "Public Enemies"...

By Liz Kelly  | March 5, 2009; 9:00 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Celebritology 101: Secrets of Men's Celeb Crushes Revealed (We Hope)
Next: 'Lost' Dueling Analyses: 'LaFleur'

Comments

Brangelina's new house has fall out shelter. Well I can rest easy tonight knowing that when the big one hits that the Jolie-Pitts will survive to keep the human race going on.

Which one of you bought Chucky's sister? Michael wants it back.

Who made Paris' car? Mattel? Diamond encrusted dash board in today's economy Paris? Apparently you didn't see the movie Marie Antoinette and we know you didn't pay attention in history class.

Miley Cyrus, bully victim? Not likely. I'm not falling for it and gonna feel sorry for you, girlfriend.

Hope the Star report is wrong about Rhianna and Chris Brown. If it's true, I wonder if she suffered more head trauma than was reported.

Posted by: hodie | March 5, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Hi Liz. I love your site, don't get me wrong. But the fact that pictures of the Rhianna/Chris Brown ordeal are being "leaked" online is just one more example of the sickness that is the paparazzi and some individuals' need/desire to know absolutely everything about the lives of celebrities. Can you, with your good taste and sound judgement, not put up any more links to such pictures? I just can't even believe they're out there in the first place to be linked to. (And maybe those links don't even go to the pictures in which case never mind - I won't click on them to double check).

Posted by: melindaboyd | March 5, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Sarah Silverman's program was renewed- again?! I really start doubted Comedy Central when they renew this talentless hack. The only joke she has is "I'm a pretty Jewish girl so you'll be so surprised if I say this racist, disgusting, ugly, etc. thing." It is old and it was never funny. She should just go out with Dane Cook and maybe they'll try so hard to entertain each other that they'll leave the rest of us alone.

Posted by: lafilleverte | March 5, 2009 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Miley Cyrus, you're no Judy Blume.

Reese Witherspoon should've been more humilated by "Four Christmases."

U2 doing a Top Ten List on Letterman. How the Joshua Tree has fallen.

Sarah Silverman. Comedy. Nope, still don't see it.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 5, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Megan Fox is just trying to keep Brian Austin Green away from Tina Fey.

Enough about Sudan and Venezuela. How's Oprah's new puppy?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 5, 2009 9:57 AM | Report abuse

I was trying to come up with some clever comment that included both a grilled cheese sandwich and the inappropriate relationship between lil' Miley and ol' Billy Ray, but I've got nothing.

Meanwhile, I have a suggestion for the celebs who like to go to Venezuela and hang out with Hugo Chávez: imagine that in 2006, George W. Bush had assumed control over the entire electoral apparatus and most of the media in the United States, and then rigged a vote that allowed him to run for president until the end of time. Then imagine that he would almost certainly have been able to engineer a victory in each subsequent election. Does the thought make you uncomfortable? If so, maybe you should think twice before accepting your next invitation to Caracas.

Ok, stepping off of soapbox.

I thought Amy Winehouse's hubby was in jail? Where'd he get access to a 16-year-old to date? (Oh yeah, and ick.)

Posted by: ASinMoCo | March 5, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

If Paris Hilton's new car "has a tint on the windows to prevent photographs being taken of her inside" then how did the Sun manage to get pictures of her inside the car?

How does an estate auctioneer get a hold of items for auction if the estate doesn't grant him permission to do so?

Holly Madison joining DWTS...zzzz....Now, Hugh Hefner joining DWTS would be must-see TV in my household!

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 5, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Paris must have sold a whole celinedion load of Mary Kay to score that Bentley.

Posted by: jes11 | March 5, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Asinmoco, I'm totally with you on Venezuela. I'm not big on Latin American dictators from either the right or the left.

Hodie, looks like Brangelina are trying to jump start the human race on their own whether or not they need the fallout shelter. I'm assuming their permanent home is still in, to quote Valdar Conehead, "France."

Amy Winehouse's hubby joins Woody Allen and Roman Polanski in the Jailbait Club?

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 5, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ASinMoCo | March 5, 2009 9:59 AM

------------------------------------------

He wanted a woman who would act more maturely.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 5, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Oh yeah, and I want me some Reese Witherspoon. But I guess that comment really belonged in yesterday afternoon's chat.

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 5, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Liz,

Any word on how Mr. Gene W is doing after surgery?

With bended knee, I am,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | March 5, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 5, 2009 11:14 AM
-------------------------------------------
Okay, you can have Reese. And you got dibbs on Salma Haeyk from yesterday. that means you CAN'T have Halle Berry. She's MINE.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 5, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Mudge, I'm confident it won't be long before Gene W. has one or both feet back in his mouth, at least figuratively.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 5, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Miley, dearie. We all went to school. Do get over yourself.

Good that Brangelina's new roost is being referred to as exactly what it is: temporary.

She sure shoots a lot of movies. Is she the most prolific actress in Hollywood or does she just get more publicity?

I have a lot I'd love to discuss with Nancy Pelosi. Heck, I'd just love to meet her. So all I have to do is be a celebrity?

Posted by: Californian11 | March 5, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Sarah Silverman. Comedy. Nope, still don't see it.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 5, 2009 9:52 AM

----------------------------------------------
Add Demetri Martin's "Important Things" to "Scratching my head, trying to find the humor," list.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 5, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

For one, brief moment, I thought Liz' item read, "Angelina Jolie shoots self in D.C."

Freudian slip?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 5, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

BUT - Calinforian11 - does Miley even go to school? Or is education all over for her now that she's 16? Seems more and more like a Britney "I have no life b/c my childhood was sold" Spears future for Miley.

And yea what is up with the celebs visiting the Dictators? Why? To demonstrate to those of us who had doubts, the celebrity's complete lack of education - history, politics, etc. (Miley again!)

Posted by: Amelia5 | March 5, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

If anyone wants to see pix of Chris Brown's Lamborghini REALLY messed up, just set me up for a parking tryst with Salma Hayek, and we'll bang up the inside of that Lambo, big time. Stain colors might be a little different, but hey..

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 5, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

If the reports are true, the Chris Brown/Rihanna situation could well end up like OJ and Nicole Brown Simpson. The guy is a psychopath -- she needs an intervention and a restraining order. Very sad.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 5, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Sincere congratulations to Niki Taylor. I am glad she has found happiness after enduring so much tragedy.

Posted by: newengland1 | March 5, 2009 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 5, 2009 11:36 AM

Sas - you brute. If you're going to live among humans without being revealed, you'll have to learn to control your baser instincts. That, or run for Congress.

As ever,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | March 5, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

The best thing in the world is when you squeeze your grilled cheese sandwich's hand, and the grilled cheese sandwich squeezes you back. Maybe Miley and her sandwich did a Sas n' Salma in the back seat of Billy Ray's Firebird.

Posted by: jelo | March 5, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

To paraphrase Seinfeld, "That ... is one magic grilled cheese sandwich."

Posted by: Californian11 | March 5, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 5, 2009 11:25 AM

Sas, I believe that sound you just heard was Salma scratching your name from the feeding schedule.

Posted by: jes11 | March 5, 2009 1:23 PM | Report abuse

sas, I think I have to armwrestled tdinbaltimore for Salma, or was that Penelope Cruz? Guess I"m better off with Reese, even though she doesn't fit my usual celebrity-crush Latin type. (Eva Longoria, Michelle Rodrigues, etc.) This is all Sophia Loren's fault for the impressions she made on me when I was so young.

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 5, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

My first thought upon reading Miley's grilled cheese devotional was, "Was that the Jesus grilled cheese from eBay a few years ago?"

Posted by: northgs | March 5, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

those LAPD detective notes on Chris Brown and Rhianna... after all that they reconciled?

umm...

how about no

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | March 5, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jes11 | March 5, 2009 1:23 PM
----------------------------------------
OMG!! How could I have been such a boob???

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 5, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

I really hope Mariska's ok - she's one of my favorite actresses - really seems to have it together "just like us."

Did I miss it, or have they never said how she was injured?

Posted by: alisoncsmith | March 5, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Is it just me or is anyone else tired of all the "star" getting meet and greets with the politicians.

Okay, maybe I am just upset that I don't get to meet Nancy Pelosi myself.

Posted by: supersonic1 | March 5, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

If I met Nancy Pelosi, I'd ask her who did her face.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 5, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Exactly, that would be my number one question too!

Posted by: supersonic1 | March 5, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Talk about holding a grudge.

"Band Says Beijing Canceled Concert Over Tibet":

The popular British rock band Oasis has said that the Chinese government canceled the band’s scheduled debut concerts in China because a band member appeared at a Free Tibet concert in New York in 1997...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 5, 2009 4:25 PM | Report abuse

reddragon1, it's Penelope Cruz we'd have to arm wrestle over. Selma Hayek is up for grabs.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 5, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

If Chris Brown beat Rihanna as badly as the market has beaten up my investments, he'd be serving a life sentence for murder.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 5, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Selma Hayek is up for grabs.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 5, 2009 4:26 PM

--------------------------------------------
I like your choice of language, TD. :-p

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 5, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Chris Brown charged with assault, making criminal threats

Posted by: milesdy | March 5, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Please disregard my previous post, I completely forgot about Liz's chat and see that she's already covered it.

Posted by: milesdy | March 5, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

milesdy, I read the article (don't apologize, as it was worth while for you to have repeated it), and all I can say is that the beating was allegedly far more brutal than I'd realized. I also got the feeling that Rihanna had suffered such batterings before, as she seemed to have some strategies for dealing with the situation (which may or may not have saved her life).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 5, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse

"Chris Brown charged with assault, making criminal threats

Holly Cow!
And this is why I actually think that it was a good thing the pictures and such were "leaked". His buddies and friends need to fully understand what he did to another human being and stop "having his back".

On a lighter note: Congrats to Niki and family on the new arrival. She's had a hard road to get here.

Posted by: Vienna8425 | March 5, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse