Posted at 7:50 AM ET, 03/20/2009

Natasha Richardson Died from Blunt Trauma to Head; Is Madonna Done with Jesus?

By Liz Kelly

Grace Jones performs in Amsterdam on Thursday. (Getty Images)
Friday

Headlines: Natasha Richardson died from blood clot in brain caused by blunt trauma, says medical examiner; Canadian officials consider ski helmet law... First lady Michelle Obama welcomes stars, including Alicia Keys, to White House... "Mentalist" Simon Baker named TV's sexiest actor... Angelina Jolie named "Yummiest Mum" on film... Celebrity Twitterers on the rise... 50 Cent to star in new Sylvester Stallone movie... T.R. Knight involved in minor car crash... UCLA grads protest choice of James Franco as commencement speaker.

Pix & Vid: Michelle Rodriguez, quick-change artist... Jimmy Kimmel recreates the Octo-mom birth video... Rosie O'Donnel, Kathy Griffin and Gloria Estefan do lunch... Joaquin Phoenix rocks the EZ-comb... Tom Hanks flips the bird at pesky paps.

Crime Watch: Dane Cook's brother indicted on charges he stole millions from comedian... Ex-mobster Henry Hill ("Goodfellas") wanted in California... Police cite Rihanna's driver for missing front license plate.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan turns to Baldwin brothers for help (please please be a reality show)... Is Madonna through with Jesus Luz?... Bruce Willis and girlfriend to marry this weekend?... Tom Sizemore investigated for cell phone heist... Mariah Carey could be Hugh Hefner's new girl next door... Mark Wahlberg and girlfriend expecting fourth child?

By Liz Kelly  | March 20, 2009; 7:50 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: 'Namaste'
Next: Friday List: Who Can Bring the Funny Back to 'SNL'?

Comments

That ski helmet law they're talking about in Quebec appears doomed to fail, if for no other reason than that the helmets they're proposing look just like the one Grace Jones is wearing in that picture.

Fiddy cent is about what I'd pay to see a new Stallone move.

"T.R. Knight involved in minor car crash" - who wants to bet that six months from now poor George will *still* be moping around the scene of the accident?

"Dane Cook's brother indicted on charges he stole millions from comedian." Unanswered question: how does Dane Cook's brother know any comedians?

Stephen & Danny Baldwin, LiLo? Were Ryan & Griffin O'Neal tied up?

"Is Madonna through with Jesus Luz?" Liz Kelly, I believe the phrase you wanted to use was "Has Madonna cut Jesus Luz?" (You're welcome.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 20, 2009 8:43 AM | Report abuse

Well done! Take a bow, Byoo.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | March 20, 2009 8:46 AM | Report abuse

James Franco? Oh. Right. Francisco Franco is still dead. "Franco lacks 'the wisdom and perspective such a speaker is meant to provide the graduates.'"

Nothing against him, but was Tobey McGuire busy? "Wisdom" and "perspective" are fine, but another quality of a decent commencement speaker is, well, the ability to speak. UCLA could do worse than Franco.

Mariah and Hef. Talk about a vision of love.

Better Lindsay Lohan talks to the Baldwin brothers than the Jackson brothers (though it'd be fun to see a "LiLo and Tito" headline).

Liz, nice Madonna song reference with the "Take a bow" props for byoolin.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 20, 2009 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Thank goodness for photo captions. I thought that was a Brechtian restaging of Wicked.

Posted by: yellojkt | March 20, 2009 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Would it kill the "21 other megawatt stars, billionaires, actresses, philanthropists and businesswomen" who met the First Lady at the White House to display a little sense of decorum?

* "There was Sheryl Crow in black jeans" -- PSST, Sheryl. At least put on some dress pants, for Pete's sake. You're in the WHITE HOUSE.

* "[A]ctress and choreographer Debbie Allen, in a white baseball cap" -- PEOPLE. A baseball cap? Not enough time to do your hair before you went to the WHITE HOUSE? I can only hope Debbie tapped her yardstick for those schoolgirls and said, "Fame costs -- and here's where you start paying."

* "[T]alking with actress Fran Drescher" -- OK, stop right there and join me in a chorus of "one of these things just doesn't belong here." Fran?! I can only hope she was the role model for the "don't do this" portion of the event.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 20, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

td
"[T]alking with actress Fran Drescher"

Actually, Fran Drescher is a knowledgable, articulate and respected advocate on issues of concern to cancer patients, having had ovarian cancer herself (and a difficult time even getting a correct diagnosis). She's not to be confused with her "Nanny" character Fran Fine, and can in fact speak without any of that nasal Queens accent whenever she wants to (although it does seem to pay her bills).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 20, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

I wasn't around to comment on the photo posted in yesterday's chat of Lisa Rinna wearing a sandwich board begging to be cast in the remake of Melrose Place. That was so fffrrriggin' hilarious.

Posted by: pras40 | March 20, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: yellojkt | March 20, 2009 9:08 AM

yellojkt, had the same thought, wondered if Grace became the new Emminence of Munchkinland

Posted by: hodie | March 20, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Can't wait for the headline "Madonna Loses Jesus!"

Maybe Sheryl Crow wore jeans so she could help Michelle dig the new vegetable garden. She wore the platforms so she could see Michelle. But, yeah, she could afford dress pants after taking Federal bailout money to perform for the Northern Trust party. Only used one sheet of toilet paper, though...

Posted by: kabuki3 | March 20, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Wack-een, with your hair pulled back like that and sans shades, you look like Mel Gibson circa his drunk driving/anti-Semitic ranting phase. It's not a good look.

Lindsay Lohan and the Baldwin brothers? Wait a minute, what happened to Warren Beatty?

Grace Jones performing in Amsterdam... as an animatronic traffic cone?

Has Madonna cut Jesus Luz? So much for the pieta-terre rumors...

Mariah Carey and Hugh Hefner was not a thought I needed to have over breakfast. Urgh.

Michelle Rodriguez, baby, I love you, but the jeans under the dress thing is just weird. If it's that cold out, wear a lined pantsuit. Or even leggings under the gown.

Posted by: northgs | March 20, 2009 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Oh, and Liz, did you determine whether or not that really was Christopher Walken's Twitter feed or a hoax?
I read through some of the posts/tweets and it seemed as though it could be real...but there are some awfully clever people out there--some living in West Virginia whose name rhymes with duelin'

Posted by: pras40 | March 20, 2009 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Pretty funny octomom video. Suprised I could watch because normally you-tube is blocked at my work. Warning, it starts right away.

Don't play their game, Tom. I'm sure it's a contest among the paps to win points for whomever can make a celeb flip the bird, swear in public, cry, and bonus if the celeb punches them or runs over them with their car.

Posted by: hodie | March 20, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

OK, Nosy, I'll give you that Fran is more than the Nanny. But to me she's still that woman who joined George Clooney in railing against the paparazzi when Princess Diana died and made the story of her death about themselves instead.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 20, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

How does Dane Cook have millions of $ to steal?

Posted by: ronjaboy | March 20, 2009 10:44 AM | Report abuse

When I saw the announcement that yesterday was Crazy Hat Day, I thought participation was limited to my kids' school. But it seems Grace Jones, Debbie Allen and Gloria Estefan all wanted to celebrate too.

Remember when Grace Jones was cool? I bought her album in 1986.

Posted by: newengland1 | March 20, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Michelle Rodriguez, Gloria Estefan, and Cheryl Crow in black jeans. What could be better?

Posted by: reddragon2 | March 20, 2009 10:48 AM | Report abuse

I finally figured out what Grace Jones' hat reminded me of: one of those things you put into a hole to help stabilize screws when hanging heavy objects. (Yes, they have a real name, but it's escaping me at the moment.) My thought is that she found one backstage after they assembled the set and thought, "That would make an excellent hat!".

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | March 20, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

I hope Grace removes the hat before she starts jumping on the bed at her luxury hotel.

Forget about the Mariah Carey living next door to Hugh Hefner. What makes me queasy is that "Carey and Cannon were keen to move away from New York in a bid to focus on their respective acting careers in Los Angeles."

Tom Sizemore stealing cell phones? He isn't even related to Dane Cook.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 20, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

centrevilleMom, I believe they are called anchors, but then again. Hope she didn't run into a wall....she'll be there forever.

Posted by: irishone | March 20, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Thanks, irishone, "anchors" was indeed the word that slipped through my steel sieve of a mind. :)

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | March 20, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Irishone & Centreville Mom - So then, molly bolts are the thingies that go into the drywall and then open up into a kind of T shape?
I'm so not a Ms. Fix-It

Posted by: JLRGG | March 20, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

I'm so not a Ms. Fix-It

Posted by: JLRGG | March 20, 2009 11:48 AM

Not to be confused with this fine product:

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 20, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

JLRGG....that would be correct. At least that's what I'm remembering from my Grandfather...... I'm not a Ms Fix-it either...

Posted by: irishone | March 20, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Irishone, Centreville Mom, and JLRGG:

You are correct. They are called anchors. I know that for a fact, as I recently purchased some. I am Ms. Fix-It.

Posted by: BMore_Cat_Lover1 | March 20, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

I know that Grace Jones has always considered her body to be a temple, but I never realized that she considered it to be a Buddhist temple.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 20, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Is Madonna Done with Jesus? ... LOL. Thanks for the much-needed laugh.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 20, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone ever considered that someone with a name of Madonna doing the nasty with someone named Jesus is symbolic incest?

At least it is outside of West Virginia. Byoolin can speak to West Virginia law.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 20, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Sas, just as long as Madonna and Jesus don't change their names to Jocasta and Oedipus, I think they'll survive.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 20, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Guys, there are all manner of wall attachment hardware. For some examples, see

For other examples, take a walk through the hardware section of your local hardware store, BLowes or Home Despot.

However, there is only so much weight that a section of wallboard can support. Do yourself a favor and spend $15 or so to get a stud finder that can scan for metal or wooden studs, and can also detect electrical lines.

You'll thank me later.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 20, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 20, 2009 12:52 PM

---------------------------------------------
Don't let that brain bleach get in your eyes, Nosy.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 20, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Sas, is Screw_anchor your pet name for Rush Limbaugh?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 20, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Sas, is Screw_anchor your pet name for Rush Limbaugh?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 20, 2009 12:57 PM

------------------------------------------
Nope. My term of endearment for Rush is Colostomy Bag.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 20, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

I think the reason that the number of celebrity twitterers is on the rise is because, aside from the career consideration marketing factor, many of them are tempermentally attention hos (ex. John Mayer)and probably would be loathe to pass up any opportunity for exhibitionalism.

Add to that that it is, in most cases, not effort they are expending themselves but that of a hired minion.

Their memoirs are ghost-written (with notable exceptions such as Christopoher Plummer's stunningly wonderful book,the blogs on their websites are ghost-written (ex. Katie Couric) so, therefore, we can expect that the twitterers will also, no doubt, be mostly ghost writers.

Posted by: trwv | March 20, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Grace Jones - again, I betting bad plastic surgery. She's always covering her eyes with weirdo looks.

Posted by: Amelia5 | March 20, 2009 8:34 PM | Report abuse