Posted at 7:30 AM ET, 03/23/2009

Natasha Richardson Laid to Rest; Bruce Willis Marries

By Liz Kelly

Hugh Jackman attends the Broadway opening of 'God Of Carnage,' a new play starring Jeff Daniels, Hope Davis, James Gandolfini and Marcia Gay Harden, Sunday in New York. (Getty Images)
Monday

Headlines: Natasha Richardson buried in upstate New York... PSA re-enacts alleged details of Chris Brown, Rihanna incident... Bruce Willis marries for second time as ex Demi Moore looks on... British reality star Jade Goody succumbs to cancer... Singer M.I.A. names son Ikhyd Edgar Arular Bronfman... "Wonder Years" star Danica McKellar marries longtime boyfriend.

Pix & Vid: Ashton Kutcher twitters pic of Demi's derriere... Suri Cruise hangs with the Beckham boys.

Crime Watch: Erykah Badu twitters about alleged stalker.

Rumor Mill: Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart engaged... Alleged cousin dishes to radio show about LeAnn Rimes's marital woes; claims husband is gay... Is Lindsay Lohan spending all of Samantha Ronson's money? (Not on food)... Record label reportedly rejects new Amy Winehouse recordings... Michael Jackson planning to adopt?... 50 Cent out of upcoming Sylvester Slallone movie... Simon Cowell installs tanning salon in Beverly Hills home... Lauren Conrad halts production of clothing line.

By Liz Kelly  | March 23, 2009; 7:30 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: Who Can Bring the Funny Back to 'SNL'?
Next: Comment Box: A Magazine Cover Double Standard?

Comments

That Hugh Jackman, such a ladykiller. Even Marcia Gay Harden is checking him out from behind. The scarf's a bit much, though.

M.I.A.: Is that Ikyhd as in "Ickitt" or "I kid, my son's real first name is Edgar c'mon people you are so gullible"?

Great example Bruce and Demi are giving their kids on how to choose a second spouse. I hope Rumer's checking out the local daycares in her area, because chances are Hubby Number 2 is currently learning all about shapes, colors, and where the potty is.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 23, 2009 9:24 AM | Report abuse

So this is a Demi Moore day. Her ex remarries, and her bf twitters pics of her butt. If that is her butt. It is obviously somebody's butt, and it could be hers, but I for one, want more proof.

The article on Danica McKellar alleges that Winnie Cooper is all grown up now, but at the same time mentions that she wore a "mermaid" wedding dress.

The first time I read the Leann Rimes thing, it thought it was her "alleged cousin." Since she is from Mississippi, I didn't think it was all that unusual, since some people are their own cousins. But then I discovered it was her husband's alleged cousin and he's from Michigan. Now I'm confused. As, perhaps, is he.

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 23, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Hey, don't pick on Danica McKellar! All love for the math nerds! And, if anyone out there has a tween daughter, I highly recommend her book.

Posted by: otherliz | March 23, 2009 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Actually, I was picking on the author. Marrying your longtime boyfriend is a grown up thing to do.

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 23, 2009 9:58 AM | Report abuse

us nerds, we get jumpy and socially awkward!
"Kiss My Math" *was* good, though.

Posted by: otherliz | March 23, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Color me impressed by Demi Moore and Ashton Kutchner and Bruce Willis and his new bride. (Well, mostly Bruce Willis and his new bride.) They all seem to be handling the whole breakup-remarriage situation like adults, which is a change for Ashton and Demi (at least if you judge them by their Twitter posts). Good for them.

And Hugh Jackman, I love you to tiny little pieces, even when you jam my gaydar. You. Look. FAAAAA-bulous.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | March 23, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Erykah - she wasn't a stalker. It was SXSW - what band didnt have a fan that was being hogtied and pepper sprayed? Seriously, I think the stalker-types were probably down at Asia Nite 2 chasing Stereopony... you probably just had one of the locals that live downtown and hadnt had any sleep for 72 hours.

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | March 23, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Was anyone else a little startled by the Posts' current front page image? I'm sure Tim Geithner is a lovely gentleman, but he looks like he's about to eat somebody's finger in that shot. I have to suppress a little shriek of alarm every time it appears.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | March 23, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Geithner is just responding to "probing" questions.

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 23, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

I'm thinking that there would be many more comments if the butt pictured had been Hugh Jackman's, who mqay or may not be the self-identified cousin, Hugh Jass.

Michael Jackson denies rumors that his primary criterion for selecting a child to adopt is how well the child's nose matches up with Jacko's nasal bone.

Was I the only one who read the middle name of MIA's new son as "Arugula"?

Simon Cowell installs a tanning bed so that any butt pictures tweeted by Ryan Seacrest will be well-tanned.

Is Danica McKellar going to teach her new husband the rudiment of multiplication?

Is it any wonder that Amy Winehouse's record label rejected her latest recordings? I don't know too may people who would willingly pay to download sound files of Amy Winehouse upchucking after shooting up.

However, I do know that a lot of men would pay to download hulu files of LiLo and Sam having a lesbian cat fight.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 23, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

I'm glad I get to write this and not say it this morning.

Whose hand is Hugh holding?

Or does he always carry fingers when he walks?

Lindsay Lohan wants to work for IMG. She's certainly skinny enough to be a model.

Without the last name and a bit rearranged, MIA's kidlet is "A Regular Hydra Kid." So I don't get what all the fuss is about.

Back to Hugh. Nice plugs!

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 23, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Re: the Hugh Jackman photo - yeah, you're straight. Mmm hmm.

Posted by: jaybbub | March 23, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Whose hand is Hugh holding?

----------------------------------
Probably the hand of LeAnn Rime's husband. Perhaps they could double date with LiLo and Sam.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 23, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

LC Canceled her Clothing line?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Posted by: VTDuffman | March 23, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Beckham boys probably thinking " Damn, Suri's mom doesn't wear pointy heels to the park, she'll be able to catch us!" But look on the good side, boys, she won't be a stick-in-mud, literally.

If the record label won't buy Amy Winehouse's recordings, perhaps Apple can make a new ap called iretch.

Posted by: hodie | March 23, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Re: the Hugh Jackman photo - yeah, you're straight. Mmm hmm.

Posted by: jaybbub | March 23, 2009 10:40 AM

Jaybub -- beat me to the punch on that one. Hugh looks totally flaming in that get-up. (Cute scarf, fab shoes and a double-breaster to die for.) I'm sure he has no insecurities about it, though, afdter getting on all those Sexiest Man in the Universe lists.

Posted by: rashibama | March 23, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Re: the Hugh Jackman photo - yeah, you're straight. Mmm hmm.

Posted by: jaybbub | March 23, 2009 10:40 AM

Posted by: rashibama | March 23, 2009 11:27 AM

Ha, ha, ha. Check out how Hugh is almost centered between the spigots in the photo. What are the odds?

Posted by: jezebel3 | March 23, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Ikyhd, Ickitt, you say tomato I say tow-mah-tow.

Same diff.

Posted by: wadejg | March 23, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

RE: Hugh's outfit

Definitely made my eyebrows raise HOWEVER I still find him SEXY!!! And if he actually did play for the other team, I would do my best to bring him to the dark side of the force. "HUGH, BE MY BABY'S FATHER".

SlackingAgain...nka...Darth Krazar :)

Posted by: linda1413 | March 23, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

So, what's the latest on what caused the "blunt force trauma" on Ms Richardson's head?

Did she hit a rock or something?

VTY,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | March 23, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Hugh is doubtless holding his wife's hand in that picture. I think he looks great! Yum!

Every Amy Winehouse story is just...sad. I can't even think of a bigger trainwreck of a person and a life anywhere in the world.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | March 23, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Dang! Hugh probably IS holding his wife's hand. :( He does seem to be a devoted husband/father. Very hot!

Posted by: linda1413 | March 23, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

I guess Natasha Richardson could have hit her head on ice. Or possibly just the force of the fall and/or a sudden jerking motion can sometimes cause an artery to tear - which is the kind of injury that a helmet can't protect against.

Yikes. It's just so sad any way you look at it.

Posted by: jaybbub | March 23, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

jaybbub, I seem to recall hearing that what made Natasha's fall lethal was that the trauma was to one of her temples, where the skull bone is apparently the thinnest, thus affording the least protection.

I suppose the only good to come of this tragedy for the Neeson/Redgrave family is that perhaps the public will now know to get immediate emergecy medical care upon suffering a head injury.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 23, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse

This just in: In voting to name the newest module of the International Space Station, write-in votes for "Colbert" swamped all other choices.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 23, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Hate to break it too you Sas but Colbert reported on that himself at least a week ago.

Posted by: sjcpeach | March 23, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Latest module name "Colbert"?

Excellent.

This is the first I've heard of it.

Thanks for the keen reporting, Sas.

Sorely out of touch,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | March 23, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse

****
nosy, even that doesn't always work. a friend's son went skiing in the denver area. she was with him. he had a minor fall. they could tell something was wrong. he was air evacuated. he was taken into surgery immediately. he survived but with significant brain damage. has a small job and knows how to get on a bus, but that's it. so even if everything had aligned in her favor, ms. richardson could have survived with significant brain damage.

Posted by: frieda406 | March 23, 2009 8:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sjcpeach | March 23, 2009 4:55 PM
---------------------------------------------
I think that was when Colbert requested the Colbert Nation to go to the NASA website and write him in. I had meant to do so but forgot. Good thing my vote wasn't needed.

The voting results were also announced on Marketplace earlier tonight.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 23, 2009 10:50 PM | Report abuse