Posted at 9:50 AM ET, 03/26/2009

Natasha Richardson's Organs Donated; Dolly Parton Denies She's Gay

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: Natasha Richardson's organs donated, says family friend... Dolly Parton denies she's gay... Simon Cowell says he turned down dinner with Barack Obama... Jeremy Piven's "Speed the Plow" exit headed for June arbitration... Cloris Leachman recounts affairs in upcoming memoir... Isaiah Washington facing eviction... "CSI's" Marg Helgenberger files for divorce.

Pix & Vid: Valerie Bertinelli dons a bikini on new People cover... Scarlett Johansson slims way down... Rihanna's gun tattoo.

A for Effort: Pharell Willams (unsuccessfully) sings for his supper at Paris McDonald's:

Crime Watch: Gun-toting Shawn Johnson fan arrested on "Dancing with the Stars" set... Ryan O'Neal's son pleads not guilty to drug charges... Wesley Snipes in hot water over Dubai visit.

Rumor Mill: Was Octo-mom Nadya Suleman a stripper for one day?; spends $1,500 on Bebe shopping spree... Sean Penn, Jim Carrey and Benicio del Toro to star in "Three Stooges" reboot?... Florida officials to re-investigate Anna Nicole Smith's death?... K-Fed raps about Spears split for upcoming second rap album... Wedding off for Jamie Lynn Spears?... Barbara Walters ready to retire?... Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz may team for romantic comedy... Elizabeth Arden cosmetics reportedly asks for "bereavement rate" in case Elizabeth Taylor passes away.

Chat Reminder: This week's Celebritology Live chat will take place tomorrow at 2 p.m. ET.

By Liz Kelly  | March 26, 2009; 9:50 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: If U Seek Britney Mania, Look No Further Than Verizon Center
Next: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: 'He's Our You'

Comments

I don't get the ScarJo "slims way down" thing. She looks about the same to me, except that her hair is a different color. Unless she's managed to find a diet that changes hair color, color me unimpressed.

Posted by: MStreet1 | March 26, 2009 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Wow, this is the "Mental Images We Didn't Need" blog today! Octo-stripper, lesbian Dolly, cheatin' Cloris, and Tom Cruise attempting a rom-com. With a woman who's what, a foot taller than him? Oy.

Posted by: northgs | March 26, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

I can't wait to red about Cloris Leachman's trysts during her time filming Young Frankenstein. Good day, Frau Blucher.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 26, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

I'm responding to the last two posts of yesterday's thread. Californian11, signing the back of your license is always a good thing to do, but it can be overruled by your next of kin. Make sure you tell them of your wishes, too. They're the ones who have to fill out the paperwork, which is extensive.

Bawlmer, glad to hear of your successful transplant. As someone who authorized a donation for my mom, all I can say is live your life to the fullest. That is all the thanks that is needed.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 26, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Marg is asking for spousal support?! Why? She's probably earning more than Alan these days.

Posted by: JLRGG | March 26, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 26, 2009 10:23 AM

The REALLY good stuff concerns Cloris' ex, George Englund:

- rumored to be one of Brando's many, many lovers.
- had quite a steamy affair with Joan Collins when she was young and mucho, mucho juicy .

Posted by: jezebel3 | March 26, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

I'm pleased but not at all surprised to know that Natasha Richardson's family made the decision to donate her organs. They've been the picture of grace and generosity (cooperating with photographers at the funeral!) while enduring pain most of us don't want to imagine. It's no surprise that their generosity would extend to organ donation.

Bawlmer, your post yesterday brought tears to my eyes. Clearly, your donor made a good decision.

Posted by: Wikijen | March 26, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

"Also on the drawing board: possibly hosting a children's TV show a la Pee-wee's Playhouse." No, Dolly Parton isn't gay at all.

I find it hard to believe that the President would invite Simon Cowell to dinner. Even harder to believe that Prince Phillip would recognize him.

I want to be Cloris Leachman when I grow up.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 26, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

I don't get the ScarJo thing either... I think the dress just doesn't have her "assets" pushed way up. Her arm looks exactly the same.

Posted by: JJ321 | March 26, 2009 10:44 AM | Report abuse

I can see the difference between Scarlett's before and after pics: her boobs pulled a Houdini. She went from a D cup to a no-cup. They are gone! *GONE*!!! Ladies! Please stop these crazy diets! We can end the senseless boob slaughter in our lifetime but only if we work together.

Posted by: j-man1 | March 26, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

- not to be singular minded, as the richardson tragedy has been in my mind for days, but the redgrave/neeson family have been marvelous. thanks to them, through organ donation, others will live. what a gift.
- dolly parton not gay. does anyone really care? why does she feel the need to address the rumors. just ignore them. esp. at this stage of her career.
- simon cowell, you big bag of wind.
- cloris leachman's snogging. why is it that people feel that have to divulge all personal info????? now, sophia loren, maybe. but what publisher/editor would say to cloris "we must have all details about your sex life"? that wouldn't be the topic foremost in my mind regarding ms. leachman. but hat tip to jezebel 3 about her husband. there's the book.
- rihanna w/a gun tattoo. no comment.

Posted by: frieda406 | March 26, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

btw, did anyone see the new apres plastic surgery photo of daryl hannah? holy bedsheets. terrifying. don't these people have enough $$$ to go to top docs so something like this doesn't happen?
- oh, and while it's not celebritology, some guy in michigan got sentenced for having sex with a car wash vacuum. gives new meaning to the song "car wash". get your car washed, yeah.

Posted by: frieda406 | March 26, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Oh great. Now I have "Here You Come Again" running through my head. Just when I was about to get myself together. Thanks a heap, Dolly.

Let's hope Jeremy Piven's suit doesn't start until August, when the mercury usually rises much higher.

Just promise me, Cloris, that you didn't lurk outside a Dairy Queen in your convertible (a la Yvonne DeCarlo) preying on Tony Curtis and Robert Wagner.

Even if you didn't, the idea of Lou Grant and Phyllis in flagrante delicto (never mind the separate, actual assignation with Popeye Doyle) is enough to make me go without food for quite some time. My waistline thanks you.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 26, 2009 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 26, 2009 10:59 AM

Tee hee. Who knew "Here You Come Again" was code for multiple orgasms?

Posted by: jezebel3 | March 26, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

The rumored "Three Stooges" movie "will not be a biopic but a fictional treatment that will be updated for modern audiences."

"Updated"? As in they'll hit each other with pressure treated lumber and cordless drills? Starring Sean Penn and Jim Carrey? Give me Kal Penn and Mariah Carey and maybe -- just maybe -- I'd consider going to see it.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 26, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

I like Dolly & it wouldn't surprise me, but so what if she's gay?

Posted by: fsteinbach | March 26, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Jeremy Piven's story is still fishy. Producers do NOT coherce stars into performing when their health is threatened.

Exhibit A: Robin Williams' Broadway show, "Weapons of Self Destruction," has been indefinitely postponed while the actor recovers from heart surgery.

Exhibit B: Actor James Gandolfini, currently one of a cast of four in Broadway's upcoming God of Carnage, was put on vocal rest, cancelling one performance, due to doctor's orders.

Exhbit C: On June 24, 2005 producers announced that "On Golden Pond" would end its run because its star, James Earl Jones was suffering from pneumonia.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 26, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

"Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz may team for romantic comedy" -- what was "Vanilla Sky" then? Surely it wasn't meant to be a serious drama.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 26, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Dolly has been working 9 to 5 just trying to find a women.

Posted by: Iowahoosier | March 26, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Here you come again
Lookin better than a body
Has a right to
An shakin me up so
That all I really know
Is here you come again
An here I go

Fade:

Here I go
An here I go
An here I go
Here you come again
An here I go
Here I go
An here I go

Posted by: jezebel3 | March 26, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

As an advocate of organ donation, I think that it was wonderful of the Richardson/Redgrave family to think of others in their time of deep sorrow.

To the "family friend" who leaked it to the press? I would like to slap you upside the head until you bleed. You do NOT expose organ donor families. Anyone who got an organ can do the math based upon her general time of death (which, thanks to the press, we pretty much know) and her location. Even in the NYC area, there aren't that many organ donations on a given day. I seriously doubt Liam Neeson and his sons will want to be harangued by someone who may or may not have gotten one of Natasha Richardson's organs.

Shame on the friend for reporting what the family obviously wanted to keep private, and shame on the press for not having a little more tact than to keep it private.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | March 26, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Mmmm, juicy Jeremy Piven details. Good points, mdreader. Unfortunately for Mr. Piven, I don't think "chronic asshattery" gets you a medical exemption.

Oh, Miss Dolly! Honestly, she's so fabulous I could care less who she sleeps with. She can pull off just about anything. (And just might.)

I found the second half of the Simon Cowell article much funnier than the Obama stuff. To wit:"Cowell later told Leno that, when home in England, he is treated like the sad man-child he is. Accordingly, after meeting Queen Elizabeth II once, her majesty proceeded to ignore Cowell before her husband, Prince Philip, called him a "sponger," one who makes their living using others."
/dead from laughter

And Last: thanks, everyone.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | March 26, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

I bet Ed Asner would have lost those last 3 pounds if he'd shaved his back.

Has anyone cross-referenced these celebrity tell all memoirs to verify whether both parties to a tryst tell the same story?

Oh no . . . let's hope that Ed Asner never feels the need to write one! Not enough brain bleach. Is he still alive?

Posted by: Questioner4 | March 26, 2009 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Ed Asner is still very much alive and kicking and being a bane to conservatives everywhere. He's recently divorced...so... maybe he's still available.

Organ donations are anonymous unless the family gives permission to release their name to the receipient. So unless that permission was given, the receipient family will never know.

Organs are matched, not bequeathed. It's a very sophisticated matching system, as any receipient on the list could tell you. You can't be angry because you didn't get an organ that was released if it didn't match your type.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 26, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

There's a warm wind blowin' the stars around. RIP, Dan Seals.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 26, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Have there been rumors about Dolly? Only rumor I have heard is that they have an "open" marriage. Either way (on the marriage and the gay thing), who cares?

If you look closely at the arms, neck and face of the ScarJo pic, you can definitely see she has lost weight. I'm sure it's for her role in Iron Man 2, as is the dark hair. She's playing a Russian spy who is a former ballerina. I like her curvier "before" figure, but the new look fits her character better.

Posted by: fft5305 | March 26, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Thank you, mdreader01!

ScarJo looks like Debi Mazar in that photo. And her new look "elegant"? I beg to differ. Now she looks like any other starved Hollywood actress and has lost what made her so sexy and unique. How very disappointing.

Classy, Rihanna. Glamorizing abuse; nice.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 26, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Plastic surgery or not, Daryl Hannah is the spitting image of Jennifer Coolidge now.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 26, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

The real knuckleheads will be anyone who pays $8.00 a pop to see the Three Stooges movie in a theater.

Babwa Wawa, the rest of us have long since been ready for you to retire. Perhaps you should revise your memoirs to include more of your assignations with the rich and famous. Especially if Dolly Parton is on the list.

Perhaps Elizabeth Arden's farewell use of Liz Taylor could be a picture of two women looking at a beatifully made-up Liz Taylor lying in a casket.

WOMAN1: The funeral home did a wonderful job! Doesn't she look lifelike?

WOMAN2: They must use Elizabeth Arden cosmetics!

I wonder when Elizabeth Arden will send me my commission for this idea.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 26, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

The proposed Cruise/Diaz movie "revolves around a woman who has terrible luck with men but finds her path intertwined with that of a mysterious handsome man she meets on a blind date."

Could this be a more generic storyline?

What role is Tom playing?

Will she laugh a lot? Will he smile a lot?

Will she be just a little klutzy?

Will he be filmed from below-chest level to make him appear taller?

Will each star have a wacky and at least slightly less attractive sidekick/sounding board (hers: Bonnie Hunt, Kristen Johnston, Rosie O'Donnell or Carrie Fisher; his: Jim Belushi, Kevin James, or Jack Black)?

So many questions I have.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 26, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Sas, you need a tagline for that brilliant idea. Something like:

Elizabeth Arden: You'll look even better alive!

Elizabeth Arden: When you want to look like death.

Elizabeth Arden: Woman are dying to wear our cosmetics.

Elizabeth Arden? Of Corpse.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 26, 2009 1:30 PM | Report abuse

One more then I'll stop:

Elizabeth Arden: Look Alive!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 26, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Dolly Parton could become an orgasm donor.

Posted by: yellojkt | March 26, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Looks like Valerie has been losing weight one day at a time.

Posted by: yellojkt | March 26, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

td, you've put a wonderful image in my head of a crew member assigned specifically to follow wee Tom around and stick an apple box under him for every scene to boost his height by three inches. ;-)

Yep, that sounds like the most generic horrible rom com idea I've ever heard, which is especially painful due to the fact I have an original and nifty rom com in submission right now that's getting lots of love but no offers yet. grrrrrrr

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | March 26, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Bawlmer, I'm so glad for your good fortune, and for the generosity of your organ donor and his/her family. You bring us Lizards the gift of laughter almost daily (though an occasional tear to the eye, thanks to the heads-up today re your post late last night).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 26, 2009 1:50 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat

I've heard that such a thing was done for wee Alan Ladd in his movies.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 26, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Californian11 | March 26, 2009 12:57 PM
==============
At least she's not the spitting image of Calvin Coolidge.

TD suggests Jim Belushi, Kevin James, or Jack Black as wacky sidekicks. Toss Josh Rogan in there and I say, you've got yourselves some stooges, my friend.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 26, 2009 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Suggested title for the 3 Stooges biopic: Dead Men Whup-whup-whupping.

Suggested title for steamy Ed Asner tell-all bio: You've Got Spunk. I hate Spunk.

(Must-read chapter: Lou Grant and Billy. Yes. Oh yes.)

Posted by: curmudgeon-1 | March 26, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz may team for romantic comedy.

Weren't Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan available? Or isn't there enough Botox in all of Hollywood?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 26, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Dolly Parton could become an orgasm donor.
Posted by: yellojkt
~~~~~~~~~~
SECOND!

Hell, she should get a lifetime achievement award by now. I think ScarJo should also be recognized for her contributions to the cause- both of them- although that might be the most awkward awards ceremony ever.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | March 26, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Did I type "Josh"? I meant Seth.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 26, 2009 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | March 26, 2009 1:45 PM
------------------------------------------------
I'm waiting for Tom Cruise to become a celebrity spokesperson for ExtenZe.

Yellojkt, I see that Weingarten has referenced your blog.

Whatever she now looks like, Darryl Hannah is probably thankful that she doesn't look like Carolyn Bessette.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 26, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Is that your equivalent of a Lindbergh baby joke, Sas?

Posted by: Californian11 | March 26, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Is that your equivalent of a Lindbergh baby joke, Sas?

Posted by: Californian11 | March 26, 2009 3:31 PM
-------------------------------------------
Something tasteless along that line.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 26, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse