Posted at 8:15 AM ET, 03/ 2/2009

Chris Brown and Rihanna Reunite; Phoenix Rep Denies Mental Illness Claims

By Liz Kelly

Liz Hurley and husband Arun Nayar arrive at the Roberto Cavalli show during Milan Fashion Week on Saturday. (Reuters)
Monday

Headlines: Rep denies Joaquin Phoenix is mentally ill... Snoop Dogg attends Nation of Islam event... Ed McMahon hospitalized with bone cancer... Annette Bening joins Hollywood delegation to Tehran... Britney Spears set for Tuesday tour opener... Jennifer Aniston and Owen WIlson eat dog treats on German talk show... Siegfried and Roy reunite with tiger for final show... David Arquette has surgery to remove benign tumor... Bruce Willis sued for $4 million.

Pix: Victoria Beckham teeters on super-high heels... Madonna steps out in snow with Jesus Luz.

Crime Watch: Police focus on two suspects in death of Mark Ruffalo's brother.

Rumor Mill: Rihanna and Chris Brown reunite in Miami; Rihanna's dad says he's supports his daughter's decision; Khloe Kardashian denies partying with Brown... Amy Winehouse rampages on flight back to London... Guy Ritchie refers to Madonna as "It"... Lindsay Lohan converting to Judaism?

First Lady Watch: Michelle Obama's first official portrait released... Will first lady's inspire sleeveless revolution?

By Liz Kelly  | March 2, 2009; 8:15 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Ka-Ching of Pop: Michael Jackson Unloads His Treasures
Next: Rihanna and Chris Brown: For Better or Worse?

Comments

Rhianna: Bad, bad idea. MAYBE if he gets counseling and you have a bodyguard always there. But still. There are lots of other guys. Only 3 weeks later and you are not only back with him, but in some isolated, private home - not like when he beat you in a car on the street so some one called the police.

Posh: the shoes look stupid. Not sexy. Not edgy. Just stupid.

Madonna: I think Lourdes is older than 12. I think she is 13 or 14. I think Madonna is claiming she's younger to reduce the ick factor that she's sleepingn with a 22-year-old. Well, less icky for herself - it's still probably icky for the 22-year-old.

It will only get ickier in 5 years or so, when the 22-year-old starts trying to date Lourdes.

Posted by: Amelia5 | March 2, 2009 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Madonna: the "It" Girl

Posted by: mat00 | March 2, 2009 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Funny story about Owen and Jennifer... Guy Ritchie rules ... Madonna can't afford to have her pants hemmed? or is she just too busy with her manchild... love the uber tasteful official portrait of Mrs Obama... Victoria B is not only wearing ridiculous heels, but at a theme park!...and I notice that Liz Hurley looks like she has not had any work done and she looks fantastic. That is all.

Posted by: msame | March 2, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Lourdes was born in Oct. of 96 which does in fact make her 12.

Posh's shoes make my feet hurt just looking at them

Posted by: mcleve | March 2, 2009 9:46 AM | Report abuse

if the rihanna/brown story is true, sadder than sad. sets a terrible example for young women - it's ok to go back to the person who beat you like a drum. also, advertisers who've paid her a great deal of $$$ to promote their products needs to look long and hard at someone who would return so quickly to the person who beat her. not someone i'd want as the face of my product.
victoria b is a twit. she confuses high fashion w/looking like a doof.
looks like madonna has begun that long, slow slide into norma desmondville.

Posted by: frieda406 | March 2, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

We've come a long way, baby.

Now Madonna can be as big a letch as those old, rich guys have been.

Welcome to cousin IT's casting couch, Jesus (somehow that doesn't sound right . . . ).

Religiously yours,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | March 2, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

I move that we lizards also refer to the Material girl as "It". Way scarier than Stephen King's "It" and that is saying something!

Anyway, I do have to admire that picture of "It" in the snow with Jesus. Love the "cat that swallowed the canary" look on her face. (I left it wide open for you guys).

Agree Posh's shoes are RIDICULOUS. Look at the shape of her foot in them. I forsee some podiatric surgery in the not too distant future for her. Anyway, can't wait for the shot when she actually falls in them. She must have uberstrong ankles.

JoPo's not mentally ill? Beg to differ. If you look in any dictionary under the word krazar(or is it Crazar?), you will see his picture. Right next to Amy Winehouse.

Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson eating dog treats. nah! Too easy.

Couldn't see the David Arquette story. What kind of tumor did he have?

Nice pic of the first lady (sorry ep-COME BACK!) They were talking about those arms on Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me this weekend. Pretty hilarious.

Posted by: hodie | March 2, 2009 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Per Posh's shoes:

First - Ow.

Second - she may not be able to comfortably wear flat shoes anymore. My grandmother spend most of her life in heels (not this high, though). After she tripped and fell in them and shattered her knee, she had to change to flatter shoes. It took a long time for her to be comfortable in them, since her feet were used to being arched up all the time.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | March 2, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Who would Jesus do?

Posted by: kabuki3 | March 2, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

kabuk, I'll never be able to look at those WWJD bumperstickers and wristbands the same again.

Posted by: hodie | March 2, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Probably not The Madonna.

Posted by: kabuki3 | March 2, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

All I know about March 2 is it's Jon Bon Jovi's 47th birthday!!

So grab your spandex, Aquanet, & visit Tommy & Gina making Bad Medicine again in celebration!!

Posted by: wadejg | March 2, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Hodie, totally agree re: Madge's expression in those photos. She got hers, and I'm guessing it was as good as it looks.

Posh's shoes are as far removed from normal footwear as her other pair of "shoes" is from her god-given assets. There's going to be painful surgery involved, too. Those are heels only a podiatrist could love.

Joaquin Phoenix isn't mentally ill, he's just on a magical mystery tour. Or however one says that in hip-hop.

Posted by: northgs | March 2, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

"Everyone from Kate Moss to Beyoncé, Gwyneth Paltrow to Madonna, has fallen for Louboutins, with their trademark scarlet soles."

And many have fallen in them too!

"But when I was 22, I did sleep with several 50 year old women and quite enjoyed it. I probably would've enjoyed it more if they looked like Madge. I've always considered women younger than 33 to be a waste of time, like a wine that hasn't reached its potential. Now that I'm 60, 50 looks great, especially on her.

Posted by: kabuki3 | March 2, 2009 10:31 AM"

Welcome to C-tology, Robert Wagner!

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 2, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Ed McMahon has local ties to the DC area as he was a graduate of Catholic University (BA, 1949). After his stint in the Marines during WWII, worked as a pitchman for vegetable slicers and paid his way through college. After he graduated, he was reactivated into the Marines and flew artillery spotting missions in Korea. He retired at the rank of Coronel.

An amazing life.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 2, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Joaquin Phoenix is *not* crazy, he's crazy like a fox. Like a fox that *is* actually crazy.

Is Snoop Dogg the next Malcolm Xizzle?

If Johnny Carson were still alive, I bet he'd regret that one Karnak routine when he zinged Ed with that line, "May you get bone cancer and die homeless."

After "Along Came Polly," "You, Me & Dupree" and "Marley & Me," you'd have thought Jen and Owen wouldn't want to be involved with yet another dog's breakfast.

When are Madonna & Jesus going to pose for their own version of the Pietà? (And where is Laszlo Toth these days, anyway?)

LiLo: once a shiksa, always a shiksa.

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 2, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Now that we've seen who Jesus would do, I think the question is what won't Jesus do? Although I suspect this relationship is all for show.

In the face of evidence to the contrary I really hope Joaquin isn't mentally ill.

Posted by: petalceleb | March 2, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

md, nice R.W. zing there.

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 2, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

"The recovering alcoholic,[Lindsay Lohan,] who was brought up Catholic, now faces lessons in the Jewish faith before an official conversion can take place.

But it helps that she’s staying at singer Bryan Adams’ house while she’s in London putting the finishing touches to her new album."

How does staying with Bryan help? Is he sober? Is he Jewish? Is he writing the songs on her album?

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 2, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | March 2, 2009 10:22 AM
===
They make lovely wedge heels for just those sorts of activities like trotting around an amusement park. No need to wear teeter totter spikes that get stuck in the gravel.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 2, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

My guess is that if Page 6 had been able to listen to recordings of Guy Ritchie referring to Madonna, they would have heard an "sh" in front of the "it."

In those snow pictures with Madonna Jesus looks like a smiling glazed doughnut [straight line alert]. He's enjoying the free publicity as one of the world's best known gigolos. However, Dr. Hodie, I don't know that Jesus would like you referring to Little Jesus as a "canary."

Unlike Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson, Ed McMahon never ate the Alpo.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 2, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Victoria Beckham's shoes are the next big step in F-me Pumps. They're "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up so you'll have to F-me here pumps."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 2, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

This is why attorneys don't want women on juries in domestic violence cases. We conclude that if she goes back, she deserves what she gets.

Victoria Beckham ... the very definition of fashion victim. I wouldn't be surprised if she was one of those pathetic women who had toes amputated in order to wear Christian Louboutins. I bet she wishes she'd grown up in China during the foot-binding age, it would have made her life so much easier. Who needs to walk properly anyway?

Love Michelle Obama! She's so classy and elegant.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 2, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Sas, I knew it would be you who replied to the canary remark! ; )

Anyone look at the David Arquette to see what the benign tumor he had removed was? The doc in me has to know. Was it Courtney Cox?

Posted by: hodie | March 2, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

That should say "Did anyone look at the David Arquette link...."

Posted by: hodie | March 2, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Hodie, article says it was an osteoma, removed from the bone above his right eye. Article also quotes Arquette as saying he can't move his right eyebrow - hope he doesn't have permanent nerve damage.

Posted by: northgs | March 2, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Thanks northgs. He may indeed have some nerve damage but doesn't sound like it is disfiguring.

So an osteoma on his forhead. Sounds like he was growing horns. Mmmmm, could it be? Jesus is already in the morning mix, does that mean that Arquette is...no can't be. I refuse to believe...

Posted by: hodie | March 2, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Hodie, just one, ergo he's a unicorn. But they could only be tamed by virgins, right? So no, can't be that either...

Posted by: northgs | March 2, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Hope David Arquette's OK. He's lucky though; if Keanu Reeves had a similar surgery that paralyzed his right eyebrow, he'd be seriously affected as an actor. Losing an eyebrow would drastically reduce, if not eliminate, his acting ability. (Sorry, Neo- I love ya, but it's true.)

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | March 2, 2009 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: northgs | March 2, 2009 1:18 PM

==
Aw hell, half of Hollywood can't move either eyebrow, due to all the Botox treatments.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 2, 2009 2:16 PM | Report abuse

***
hey, my feeling is not that she would deserve what she gets if she went back. i certainly don't believe that and don't know anyone who does. no woman deserves to be attacked and beaten, whether she goes back or not. evidence shows that if women go back to an abuser who has had no counseling or other help, the likelihood of the abuse resuming is huge. huge. no matter how good the attacker's intentions. why put yourself in harm's way if your partner is not really doing anything to deal w/it other than mouthing some platitudes?
in many instances of abuse, the one being attacked is at a distinct economic disadvantage, has children, low paying job, etc. rihanna has none of those problems, fortunately. so one can only help her boyfriend is getting counseling so he can understand why he did it and to not do it again.

Posted by: frieda406 | March 2, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Victoria, don't spend all of your money on shoes. You'll need some to pay the podiatrist that you'd better be keeping on retainer.

Frieda406, indeed we all hope that her boyfriend is getting counseling. The thing is, Rihanna needs to be away from him while he's getting counseling. If she really wants to forgive him and go back, she should do so AFTER counseling, when he has a clearer mind. And let's hope the pregnancy rumors are not true. If he beat her, chances are he'll beat the child as well.

Apologies for being so serious and glum. We now return to our regularly scheduled snark.

Posted by: mssnatchquatch | March 2, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Sorry frieda, I wasn't saying YOU felt that way. I was saying *I* felt that way. Not so much that she deserves it but that she is really, really stupid and asking for trouble. Not enough time has elapsed for the guy to have repented, plus now he knows it doesn't really matter if he beats her black and blue, there are no real consequences. Sad.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 2, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Wow. The whole Amy Wine-o saga is so crazy ... what a nutbag. Yeah, living in the 'burbs is really gonna help! I think not! Daddy Winehouse, enable much?

As for the soon-to-be-ex-husband of said nutbag, I don't know who is more stupid, Amy or the model who is apparently now dating him.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 2, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

What a fabulous pic of Michelle! Wow!

Californian, I'm not 100% on the law, but I'm fairly certain that the authorities can and do press charges with or without the victim's cooperation, so there may *still* be consequences for Chris Brown. I certainly hope so.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | March 2, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

As sad as it is to think that Rihanna would take Chris Brown back, it's not a bit surprising. I used to work on domestic violence cases, and while it's much, much harder to prosecute them without the cooperation of the victim, it still happens. The rules vary by jurisdiction, and some have statutes requiring the victim's participation, in order to avoid having the charges dropped on the victim's say-so. Californian is right, though, that many people (more commonly women, actually) conclude that when a victim of DV goes back to her/his abuser, they deserve what they get. "Why don't they just leave?" is a very, very common refrain. On average, it takes seven attempts at leaving an abusive relationship before the victim is successful. As far as we know, Rihanna now has one under her belt. Fortunately, she's really young and isn't tied to him by kids or financial dependence, so hopefully she's in a position to make better, more healthy decisions.

Posted by: Wikijen | March 2, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

I am a serious amateur photographer, and I could get a better shot of Michelle Obama than the official portrait. WTF is that white tulip doing in front of her left hand? And the background is waayy too busy. It appears that the photographer took the lesser evil of having a blue drape sprout out of Michelle Obama's head instead of a painting or a window.

Michelle is dressed very well. The dress showcases her arms and shoulders, which may be her best physical assets. And the dress plays off well against her hair. The pearls set off her face, which is quite pretty. If I were photographing her, I'd also like some shots in an outfit that blends well with her medium brown skin tone. I'd also take some head and chest shots to zoom in on her face and neck.
She's an excellent subject for a photographic study.

And while I voted for Obama, I think all the attention from the media will eventually rebound badly when citizens' unrealistic expectations are disappointed.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 2, 2009 5:17 PM | Report abuse

they are lovely, there are a lot of fans of them on a rich dating club ________DATERichSIngles.c0 m ________

very nice
they are so popular among them....

Posted by: springzyp01 | March 2, 2009 8:39 PM | Report abuse

Snoop Dogg as a Muslim? Has he renounced making rap videos that make all of the women in them look like prostitutes? I cannot imagine him toning down his lifestyle in the name of religion. Maybe Farrakhan is just too desperate to have celebrities in his group to see the damage someone like SD would do.

Posted by: Sutter | March 3, 2009 7:58 AM | Report abuse