Posted at 10:43 AM ET, 04/23/2009

Britney's Not Pregnant, Y'All. Calm Down.

By Liz Kelly

No bun in this oven, says Britney Spears's manager. (AP)

As reported in this morning's Mix, Ryan Seacrest let fly with one whopper of a rumor yesterday: that the gossip world's fave erstwhile pop-wreck, Britney Spears, was pregnant.

This morning, though, tabloid editors and a handful of paparazzi agencies had their hopes quashed when Brit's manager, Adam Leber, firmly denied any rumors that another bun was cooking in Spears's oven.

Leber shared this enervating revelation with blogger to the stars Perez Hilton:

"She's absolutely not pregnant. I have no idea where this ridiculous rumor came from. Ryan has communication with our camp and could have checked this before saying it."

Darn tootin', Adam Leber. How could anyone be idiotic enough to think Britney -- or anyone with the surname Spears -- would do something so unexpected and clearly crazy? Why, that would be akin to wearing a pink wig long enough to cause scalp mold or addressing one's public in a really bad faux British accent, y'all.

Where did the rumor originate? A "reliable source," according to Seacrest. We'll be watching Seacrest's Twitter page closely today in the hopes of getting either a retraction or a fuller explanation.

Spears is already mom to Sean Preston, 3, and Jayden James, 2. She's recently been rumored to be dating suitors as varied as her manager, a back-up dancer, a real estate developer and ex Kevin Federline.

By Liz Kelly  | April 23, 2009; 10:43 AM ET
Categories:  Britney Spears
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lindsay Lohan Says Split was a Surprise; Jolie to Play Kay Scarpetta
Next: Jay Leno Hospitalized; Madonna and Jesus, Together Again?

Comments

What about those rumors about Perez Hilton being pregnant by Clay Aiken?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 23, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

call the ghost twitterer... ryan needs help, STAT!

Posted by: memphis1 | April 23, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Forget the ghost writer. Call Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 23, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

So Ryan said Britney's pregnant. Yawn. The next covers of Us and People will say the same thing, but with photos.

And hello, Adam Leber? Refuting the story via Perez Hilton? What, Larry King's line was busy? Was Dr. Phil on the can when you called?

Ryan and Perez: Who is the lesser evil? I would say Ryan, but he's stooping pretty low these days. Speaking of Perez Hilton, this is a pretty funny rant against him:

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 23, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Brit reminds Octomom that she INVENTED crazy. Spotlight over here, please.

Posted by: hodie | April 23, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Kind of looks like she's having the baby in that picture.

Posted by: kirstenpaulson | April 23, 2009 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Shouldn't the title have read, "Yo fattie, Britney's not pregnant. Carm down!"

Posted by: MzFitz | April 23, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

I usually don't believe much of what I read on gossip pages, but Ryan Seacrest is OK! Magazine - guess I wouldn't think he'd throw it out there unless he had a really, really good source (or I am totally naive!)

Posted by: suzannepdc | April 23, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Shouldn't the title have read, "Yo fattie, Britney's not pregnant. Carm down!"

Posted by: MzFitz | April 23, 2009 12:41 PM
=============
The title read "Carm down!" when it was first put up.

In plotest, I learry shourd mix up my "rs" and "ls" fol the lest of the day.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 23, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

wold up, mdleadel. some peopre obviousry don't undelstand inside jokes. letalded editols.

Posted by: eet7e | April 23, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

mdreader & eet7e, I miss Liver City Lorrel, who famousry needrepointed that sentiment onto a bookmalk for Queen Riz.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 23, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Ought to be Nosy Palkel.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 23, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Loooking at that pic, I thought it was of Madona, her kissin' cousin. I was also struck with the phrase "pop tart." Can I coin that one?

Posted by: kabuki3 | April 23, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

This bunch is quick. I rove the plotest.

Pop wreck is what Pop Tarts become when they star cracking from the pressure of being Pop Tarts.

Posted by: epjd | April 23, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

That leminds me. When does Dolkus Maximus letuln from his South Calorina sojouln?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 23, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

May.

Not that I am keeping track or anything.

Posted by: epjd | April 23, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

I assume that "May" is directed at me, epjd, but "can" is in fact correct usage: "can" as in am I ABLE to coin it (I could only coin it if it hasn't been used before) as opposed to "may" I coin it (do I have your permission to coin it). I can submit a comment and Liz and her minions may decide to post it.

By the way, the image of a cracked pop tart (the Kellog's kind) is still with me.

Posted by: kabuki3 | April 23, 2009 8:56 PM | Report abuse

Actually Kabuki it was referring to the month and was in response to TD's question about when Dolkus Maximus will be back.

Posted by: epjd | April 23, 2009 10:02 PM | Report abuse

Recently I found a hot club -- SeekingTall . c o m -- just for sexy tall gals and guys to find their cupid. Come on, tall singles. Don't miss your love.

Posted by: salawhite08 | April 25, 2009 3:41 AM | Report abuse