Posted at 8:27 AM ET, 04/10/2009

Farrah Fawcett Released from Hospital; Madonna Building Malawi Home?

By Liz Kelly

Katy Perry purses her lips as she arrives at Paper Magazine's The Beautiful People Party in New York on Thursday. (Getty Images)
Friday

Headlines: Farrah Fawcett released from hospital... Beyonce earned $80 million in 2008... FBI warns of "Oprah" ticket scam e-mail... Liam Neeson to play Zeus in "Clash of the Titans" remake... Miley Cyrus says boyfriend Justin Gaston has brought her "closer to the Lord", admits to snooping through his text messages... "Real Housewife" Luann de Lesseps dumped via e-mail... Pink and Carey Hart "rebuilding" relationship... Quentin Tarantino to coach "Idol" hopefuls... Meghan McCain lands six-figure book deal... Ex-girlfriend sues David Caruso for $1.2 million, house... Prince sings about Salma Hayek... Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze, Jr. expecting first child... Paul McCartney's Web site hacked... Heidi Klum's father recovering from stroke.

Pix & Video: Mischa Barton on the cover of U.K. Cosmopolitan... Kathy Griffin's bikini bod... Pete Wentz parties with Vegas strippers.

Rumor Mill: Madonna planning to build home in Malawi?... Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt planning April 25 wedding/"Hills" season finale... Cancer survivor Christina Applegate spotted smoking?... Billy Joel's wife dating Israeli designer?... Jennifer Lopez has wig room, claims tabloid... Spice Girl Geri Halliwell target of stalker?

Say What?
"Over my dead body. She needs to stop doing drugs and get a grip. Then maybe we'll talk." -- Stevie Nicks reacts to news that Lindsay Lohan wants to play her in a big screen biopic.

"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM." -- The dope Kanye West.

By Liz Kelly  | April 10, 2009; 8:27 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: 'Dead is Dead'
Next: Woody Harrelson Pushed to the Edge by Paparazzo?

Comments

I think I just fell in love with Stevie Nicks.

In an entirely non-lesbian kind of way.

Posted by: franchiseinATL | April 10, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Justin Gaston has brought Miley Cyrus closer to the Lord, she explains to Billy Ray on why he heard her screaming "Yes God, Yes God, YES, YES!" through the bedroom walls.

Quentin Tarantino to coach Idolettes. Too bad blind guy, Scott, and washing-machine girl, Megan are gone. Would have been hilarious to see them do that Pulp Fiction Dance move.

"Hey Valentina, tell your mama she should give me a call/ When she get tired of runnin' after you down the hall/And she's all worn out from those late-night feedings/and she's ready for another rock and roll meeting," the lyrics go.
Sounds like the child size__ (what's the male word for Diva?) would like some milk too. Get in line behind Sasquatch.

Kanye, you're not dope, you ARE a dope.

Posted by: hodie | April 10, 2009 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Liz,

Please shave your giant bush!!!

Posted by: wiatrol | April 10, 2009 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Right there with you, franchiseinATL!

Posted by: jaybbub | April 10, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Steve, if you throw stones, a landslide'll bring you down. (Google "stevie nicks drugs" -- "about 389,000" results. Just sayin'.)

There is no way that's Kathy Griffin's body. No. Way. In her dreams maybe.

They should start calling Billy Joel the Grand Piano Man. That photo! When did he start looking so old?! No wonder she's now hanging out with someone born after 1970.

Everytime I see the name "Carey Hart" I start singing, "Sunglasses at Night." That Carey needs to change his name to stop confusing me.

Quentin can give "Idol" that adrenaline spike to the heart it so badly needs.

After some of the wacky celebrity baby names of late, let's hope the Gellar/Prinze child is named Freddie Prinze III if it's a boy.

C'mon Farrah! I'm pulling for you, Jill Munroe! Time to get healthy and get back on that skateboard! (OK, my Farrah references are stuck in the 70s; sue me.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 10, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

A "Clash of the Titans" remake is *exactly* the sort of thing Ares & Hephaestus would cook up to get Zeus & Hera exercised. We need to sacrifice some sheep and goats to calm them down, pronto!

Quentin Tarantino coaching "Idol" hopefuls ought to be worth watching if only to find out just how many songs include the word "motherf*****."

"Meghan McCain lands six-figure book deal." Every time the McCain family farts it makes the news?

David Caruso reacts to news of suit -

CARUSO: That's not a lawsuit [PAUSE] - that's extortion! [CARUSO whips off sunglasses to SFX - WILHELM SCREAM]

Kathy Griffin's bikini bod is also is *exactly* the sort of thing Ares & Hephaestus would cook up to get Zeus & Hera exercised. We need to sacrifice some sheep and goats to calm them down, pronto!

"Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt planning April 25 wedding/"Hills" season finale..." Geez. Are Ares & Hephaestus on commission?!?!?!

"Jennifer Lopez has wig room, claims tabloid..." and the 2009 Prius has 20% more wig room than other cars in its class, claims Toyota.

Stevie Nicks lecturing LiLo (or anyone) about drug use is rich. I'm pretty sure my copy of Tusk is pressed on dried cocaine.

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 10, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

The South Park episode that has Kayne suddenly "humbled" was great. I highly recommend it. Very snark-licious against Mr. West.

Posted by: Osteph | April 10, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

What on earth does Meghan McCain have to say that's worth 6-figures? I actually like her a lot, even if I disagree with her politically on a lot of things. I just can't imagine she has a whole book worth of something to write.

I didn't understand the South Park the other night. I'm admittedly not up to speed on *all things* celebrity/pop culture. The Kanye thing went over my head for the most part, and was overkill IMHO. The Cartman/Jimmy part was hilarious though.

In defense of Stevie Nicks, I don't necessarily think that she's hypocritically lecturing her for "doing drugs." I think she's lecturing her for letting drugs ruin her life. You can do drugs and not let them ruing your life, and I'd argue that Stevie is an example of that.

Posted by: VTDuffman | April 10, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

byoo is on such a roll today he cannot be topped. hodie and td are no slouches, either.

We do learn that Prince has good taste in women.

Do not understand all this hatin' on Ms. Nicks.

Kanye, who can top a quote like that?

Liz, must apologize. My first two reads of the last sentence in pix came out, "Pete Wentz parties with Vegan strippers." Imagine my disappointment.

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 10, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

-must first address luann being dumped by email. because of my character flaw, i'm addicted to the rhonyc. and that husband of hers has been suspect from the being. never there. doesn't show up to the daughter's events. etc. so not a huge surprise they're getting divorced, but to notify your spouse of 15 or 16 years by email is the height of cadism. he's one, big fat toad.
-as far a meghan mccain goes, we'll see. can't imagine her being able, on her own, to write an entire book. and the rich get richer.
-kudos to byoolin for the bodily function reference as regards the mccains. (i'm from arizona and all too familiar w/them)
- best wishes to farah fawcett and heidi's dad.
-i read kanye's website take on the south park episode. he recognized it was a beatdown and that he has been acting like a big fat toad. promises to make amends.
-vt duffman has it right. stevie's drug problems are well known. she's fought against them and has been sober for quite awhile. so she knows of what she speaks. besides, does LL have any talent left? sad.
- if jlo has a wig room, what does cher have? a place the size of the spelling mansion to house all her hair? jlo is a piker compared to cher.

Posted by: frieda406 | April 10, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

I think Kanye West's comment- with capslock- is so profoundly obvious that it actually approaches wisdom from the opposite side, as it were. Sort of a Zen koan for the Internet age.

Now, if Tarantino is coaching Idol contestants, does that mean Simon Cowell will get an ear sliced off with a straight razor next season? I might actually have to start watching "Idol".

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | April 10, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

"Liam Neeson to play Zeus in "Clash of the Titans" remake"

Tee hee. Does Liam look good in a skirt?
Zeus to Lincoln. Quite a resume.

Posted by: jezebel3 | April 10, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Dakota Fanning loooks pretty grungy in the Eye on Entertainment Gallery...or was she having a bad hair day?

Posted by: jezebel3 | April 10, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

The quote from Stevie Nicks is just a brief sentence in a long article in the NY Times about her style. In the story, Stevie readily admits past drug use and her sobriety.
I'm not a big Stevie Nicks fan but I don't blame her at all for wanting to make sure that some train wreck/pop tart doesn't play her in a movie.

Posted by: pras40 | April 10, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

"Clash of the Titans" remake is an OK idea. But it'll never approach the total awesomeness of "Jason and the Argonauts".

Posted by: jaybbub | April 10, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Truer (and dare I say wiser) words have never been spoken.

Also, totally agree with frieda regarding the Count--what a tool.

Posted by: spartan123 | April 10, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Anyone else think that picture is NOT Christina Applegate? Looks more like Jenny McCarthy.

Posted by: hodie | April 10, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Hooray for Smidge and FPJr! Way to stay out of the spotlight!

Posted by: otherliz | April 10, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

You go, Stevie Nicks! Love it.

Miley, next time you feel like invading someone's privacy, just think to yourself, WWJD? (That is if you really are "closer to the Lord".)

I can't help wondering if Nicole Kidman ever gets to see her other 2 children.

Madonna, continuing to careen down the path of Angelina Jolie-ness. Next thing you know she'll be spending each day in a different country.

Posted by: Californian11 | April 10, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

"Close to the Lord"...huh...these kids & their wacky names & phrases for "penis."

Posted by: wadejg | April 10, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Wow. When Stevie Nicks (or any other rocker who survived the 1970s/80s) thinks you're doing too many drugs, it's time to head for inpatient, non-celebrity, we-will-not-pamper-your-a&& rehab.

Posted by: northgs | April 10, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse