Posted at 7:45 AM ET, 04/17/2009

Heidi Klum Expecting Fourth Child; Woman Arrested on Britney Spears's Property

By Liz Kelly

David Beckham channels his inner cyborg in a new cell phone campaign. (AP/Motorola)

Headlines: Heidi Klum expecting fourth child, husband Seal confirms... Natalie Cole opens up about past drug addiction... Suri Cruise celebrates third birthday... "Britain's Got Talent" sensation Susan Boyle gets 20 million YouTube hits (video)... Pam Anderson's "Baywatch" bathing suit up for auction... Gwyneth Paltrow trainer Tracy Anderson gets six-figure book deal... Beyonce announces U.S. tour dates... Jennifer Jason Leigh to join fifth seaason of Showtime's "Weeds"... Nadya Suleman's reality show not confirmed and more of a documentary anyway... Fantasia Barrino, however, will serve up a her own reality offering in 2010... Ashton Kutcher beats CNN in race for a million Twitter followers... Dionne Warwick, Burt Reynolds and Sinbad named on California tax evasion list... Katie Holmes's brother-in-law found dead.

Crime Watch: One-time "American Idol" auditioner arrested for sneaking onto Britney Spears's property... Alleged Tyra Banks stalker due in court today... "One Tree Hill" alum Antwon Tanner arrested in Social Security card scam.

Pix & Video: B is for Billy Ray Cyrus, in need of a stylist... Tori vs. Candy Spelling... Either Rupert Everett had massive plastic surgery or this ain't him... Is that actually Jennifer Aniston in the new "Management" movie poster.

Rumor Mill: Madonna's relationship with Brazilian model Jesus Luz back on?... Fourth Oksana linked to Mel Gibson... Family encourages Lindsay Lohan to return to rehab... Could Gwyneth Paltrow's "frenemy" be Winona Ryder?... Does Britney Spears's alleged new love interest already have a girlfriend?... Disgruntled former stylist threatens to share details of Queen Latifah's private life.

By Liz Kelly  | April 17, 2009; 7:45 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: 'Some Like It Hoth'
Next: Jamie Foxx, Hulk Hogan Lose; Barrymore and Boyle Win -- This Week's Best and Worst

Comments

Ugh, the Susan Boyle thing is starting to irritate me. I loved the video. It moved me to tears too. But it's the whole "makeover" thing that's bothering me. If she wants a makeover, fine. But otherwise let her be herself. The "loser" angle is also getting me. There's nothing wrong with never marrying, being devotely religious, and living with a cat. There's also no "loser" angle with being unemployed in Britain's economy either. Happens to lots of people! What matters is if she likes her life or not. I haven't seen any indication that she's desperately unhappy with her cat. She might be, but no one has asked. They just assume she must be.

Posted by: DCCubefarm | April 17, 2009 8:26 AM | Report abuse

As a Canadian, I get a little bit excited every time I see the words "Seal" and "baby" in the same sentence.

"Happy birthday Suri. Oh, your uncle Joe is dead." Bummer.

I can't decide if I'm more fascinated by Pam Anderson's "Baywatch" bathing suit as a cultural artifact or a feat of engineering.

Never mind "show," Nadya Suleman's version of reality is what's not confirmed.

What's Ashton Kutcher got that I don't (I mean other than 1, 024,085 more Twitter followers)?

Dionne Warwick's reaction to being on the CA tax avoision list: "Do you know the way to the Cayman Islands?"

Alleged Tyra Banks stalker due in court today... and we all hope Miss Jay throws the book at him.

Paul Simon foresaw Madonna & Jesus Luz on again: "I would not give you false hope/on this strange and mournful day/ for the Mother & Child reunion/is only a motion away."

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 17, 2009 8:28 AM | Report abuse

Oh Jesus - I haven't even read anything yet. I just aspirated the glass of water I was drinking when that weird-@ss picture of David Beckham popped up.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | April 17, 2009 8:38 AM | Report abuse

Per Rupert Everett:

You can find the video here for the Martha Stewart appearance (click on "Spring Arrangements #1)

At a certain angle, he looks like that unindentifiable picture. But straight on, he just looks like he's been pretty artfully nipped and tucked. I liked the wrinkles better to be honest.

Per Gwynnie's Frenemy:

I read that on GOOP yesterday (I subscribed once I realized what I was missing), and all I could think was that how classy of Gwynnie to air how shallow she could be on her public forum.

But because she *cared* she's a shallow, self-involved woman who got various counseling professionals to discuss how shallow people can be, then it's okay.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | April 17, 2009 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Good lord. Is that really Rupert Everett?

Posted by: StuckatWork | April 17, 2009 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Hmmm...did Katie Holmes' brother-in-law approve of her marriage or was he against it?

Because he then dies mysteriously in Sarasota - not too far from the epicenter of Scientology, Clear Water...

Were the Scientologists involved? Oh, or maybe I'm paranoid and have a psychiatric disorder? No - THAT can't be it b/c Scientologists don't believe in psychiatry. So my suspicions are rational.

Posted by: Amelia5 | April 17, 2009 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Family of illegal immigrants found living in Pammies swimsuit.

Don't bid on Lizard Jim's (no relation) microphone. You KNOW where it's been.

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 17, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Heidi and Seal - couldn't you have kept this new baby a secret a while longer? All you are doing is infuriating Brangelina by hogging all the press. I predict that Brangelina will go on another baby grab long before Heidi's new baby arives.

Posted by: Amelia5 | April 17, 2009 9:30 AM | Report abuse

"Natalie Cole opens up about past drug addiction." -- Um, Nat? It ain't no surprise. Now I have, "I've got drugs, on my mind" stuck in my head.

"Susan Boyle gets 20 million YouTube hits (video)." -- Susan, you are no Paul Potts, but you do have a lovely voice (a little rough in the low register, but the mid/high range is fantastic). Don't ever change.

"Fantasia Barrino, however, will serve up a her own reality offering in 2010" -- Is there an online guide to reality shows somewhere? First Keisha Knight-Pulliam and now Fantasia in the space of a couple days. It's getting overwhelming.

"Dionne Warwick, Burt Reynolds and Sinbad named on California tax evasion list" -- Taxes? Darnit! I saw those three names and was hoping for a remake of "Then Came You." Sounds like they all need the cash, and she's already sung it before.

"Fourth Oksana linked to Mel Gibson." -- I have been to Russia, and have met several Oksanas. If every one of them is linked to Mel, we're going to be tracking them a long time.

"Family encourages Lindsay Lohan to return to rehab" -- They should start by asking her to eat a sandwich. She looks horrible, and that faux personal ad creeped me out. I can't even watch "The Parent Trap" anymore.

"Is that actually Jennifer Aniston in the new 'Management' movie poster." -- Who are the people who design movie posters? Never mind whether or not it's her, but could they try to be the least bit creative? Did the artist use scissors and construction paper and that glue paste we had in kindergarten where the brush is attached to the inside of the red lid? What ideas were rejected? I am in the wrong line of work.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 17, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

How come the "Britain's got Talent" performers are allowed to be (pardon the harshness, it's for effect) fat, ugly losers, but the American Idol contestants (mostly the women) are not?

That's one of (IMHO) the biggest reasons why there's a dearth of female talent at this level of the competition - Simon's (likely a proxy of the producers) insistence on having hot chicks in the final 24 rather than good singers.

Posted by: VTDuffman | April 17, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Exactly what I thought Chasmosaur1. Gwyneth wanted to be such a kind and insightful person that she aired her dirty laundry and drew attention to her secret glee at her "friend's" humiliation.

Seems strange for someone wanting to avoid speaking ill of others.

BTW--it has to be Winona.

Posted by: amwatson1 | April 17, 2009 9:40 AM | Report abuse

td_in_baltimore:

Per bad posters, you gotta check this out (though technically work-safe, your boss might not appreciate all the pictures):

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | April 17, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Nadya Suleman. Reality. Isn't that an oxymoron? Her name should be Fantasia.

So many expecting or adopting celebs....Well, Baby Seal, welcome to the club! (did anyone just see the Spirit of St. Louis flyover?)

The Beckham Terminator photo looked more to me like an ad for Icy/Hot.

Burt, I'd pay up if I were you. It's not Smokey after you this time.

Is it just me or does Billy Ray look like he is in need of a Manzier?

Posted by: hodie | April 17, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Is it just me or does Billy Ray look like he is in need of a Manzier?

Posted by: hodie | April 17, 2009 9:49 AM

****

It's a "bro."

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 17, 2009 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 17, 2009 8:28 AM
============
He's got access to Demi Moore's bum, which is why he has over 1 M Twitter followers.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 17, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Byoolin, you hit for the cycle today!

Liz, "hitting for the cycle" is baseball terminology. I was complimenting Byoolin. You needn't be concerned.

Back to cleaning up all these burned out bags of dog crap left at the cave door.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 17, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Per Billy Ray Cyrus:

Still an improvement over this:

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | April 17, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Again, leave it to Britney Spears to find the only straight male back-up dancer in New York City. However, with a name like Chase Benz, I'm not that convinced.

Tracy Anderson’s unique approach to fitness works out the accessory muscles, or smaller muscles. This technique helps women look “tinier” rather than “bulkier.” The editors predict the book will be a big hit with anorexic fashion models world wide.

All I have to say re: Candy vs. Tori is that Candy raised Tori, so she shouldn't be the least bit surprised.

It appears that the IRS settled out with Dionne Warwick once her psychic friends predicted she would pay in full.

And I'm rooting for Queen Latifah to just stand pat against the blackmailing hairdreser and make up artist. Didn't she already come out of the closet? What could they say that would be so embarrassing, unless she's having a relationship with LiLo.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 17, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 17, 2009 10:05 AM
----------------------------------------
So THAT'S what Billy Ray Cyrus was doing with those two dogs, his fanny pack and that guilty look on his face.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 17, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

"The "loser" angle is also getting me. There's nothing wrong with never marrying, being devotely religious, and living with a cat."

Haven't seen the video yet. I guess I need to join the club.

mdreader beat me to the punch on the Demi Moore bum thing.

Other than that, I got nothing. The coffee is taking longer to work this morning.

Posted by: eet7e | April 17, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if Rupert Everett used the same plastic surgeon as Greta Van Susteren? Remember she looked like a completely different person after having her eyes done.

Posted by: newengland1 | April 17, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Every single thing about Billy Ray Cyrus is wrong.

As is every single thing about the new Rupert Everett. Ick.

Posted by: jaybbub | April 17, 2009 10:44 AM | Report abuse

"Dionne Warwick, Burt Reynolds, and Sinbad walk in to a bar..."

Posted by: jaybbub | April 17, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Dear The Swayze and Mrs. The Swayze,

We're sending our Friday lurve!

Fondly,
all of us

Posted by: jaybbub | April 17, 2009 10:46 AM | Report abuse

I'm with DCCubefarm and eet7e. I am happily unmarried, can you be devotely athiest?, but instead of a cat, I live with 2 dogs.

Speaking of dogs, to be fair to Billy Ray, cuz I'm no fan of his music or his parenting skills, he was out walking his dogs. Who needs a stylist to walk dogs? Just trying to remember my cell phone, ipod and poop bags, I can't be concerned about how I look.

Posted by: milesdy | April 17, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Anyone else surprised Sinbad could have made enough money at comedy to rack up a $2.5 million tax bill?

Posted by: jes11 | April 17, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

According to Gwynnie's pub she didn't write the piece to name names but to share a lesson she'd learned. The lesson boys & girls?

When something bad happens to someone we don't like it makes us happy.

Something tells me little Apple is going to grow up to be an excellent frenemy.

Posted by: jes11 | April 17, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Gwyneth Paltrow was deeply happy that Winona got prosecuted for shoplifting (which as I recall they said happens more than you'd think in Beverly Hills and they just make them pay the $$)? What an evil wench. I mean I can see saying you felt it was karma or something, but to say it made you so happy is appalling.

Does Chris Martin read GOOP?

Posted by: msame | April 17, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

"Word up, I'm perfectly happy being a single girl with my dog. The dog park and rescue events are the epicenter of my social life. I'm ok with it. I've met some really nice people."

eet7e, have you seen Year of the Dog with Molly Shannon? What you just said reminded me of it. Cute movie. Bring a box of tissues.

Posted by: msame | April 17, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 17, 2009 10:01 AM

*****

There is that. I also would have accepted "A stepdaughter who looks kinda like a dude."

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 17, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

For all we know, Wynona Rider laughed hysterically when Brad and Gwynnie broke up.

About Susan Boyle...Angela Landsbury will not be around forever to play those lovable, frumpy women that Broadway composers love to create. It's so nice to know someone is waiting in the wings to carry the torch.

And I don't know about Jennifer Aniston in that movie poster. It could just as easily be Gwynnie with her hair dyed "Wynona Rider Brown."

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 17, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 17, 2009 11:32 AM
=======================
No. You can Twitter Candy Crowley anytime you like on CNN. I doubt Ashton would give you that same level of access to Rumer. Particularly with your reputation.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 17, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

"Re: Susan Boyle -- they really do have to retire the "spinster" label. Really! This is the 21st century and there is no equivalent term for men. Ugh."

Actually, it's "bachelor." It just never attained the negative connotation that spinster did.

I've always thought "single" works pretty well.

After 11 years of a bad marriage, I'm mostly quite happy being single w/my dog and 2 cats.

Posted by: memphis1 | April 17, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

oh, and gwynneth just gets shallower and shallower. i'm surprised she hasn't become concave by now.

Posted by: memphis1 | April 17, 2009 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Wow...just...wow on that Rupert Everett pic.

I'm guessing facelift, cheek implants, & hair dye. His forehead moves & his eyes still wrinkle so I'm guessing no botox or very little that's well placed.

The video looks like him more than the pic.

Posted by: wadejg | April 17, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: msame | April 17, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Not only have I seen it, I own it. Loved it. I know some people like that, too! They're CRAZY!

Best in Show is good, too, in the "it's funny because it's true" kind of way.

Posted by: eet7e | April 17, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Rupert: Shave, botox, new chin.

Come to think of it...if you did that to Susan Boyle, she'd also look like Rupert Everett.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 17, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone considered the possibility that Susan Boyle might actually be hoping for a beauty makeover (as well as finally getting kissed), not to mention earning a good living as a singer? Now that both her parents are dead, she has the freedom to pursue her own options. You go, girl!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 17, 2009 12:16 PM | Report abuse

May Susan Boyle find contentment, good karma, and a long, happy life, whatever her situation.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 17, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

When I saw the story that a crazed woman broke into Britney Spears' house, I thought Brit just forgot her key.

Mdreader --Maybe Winona did laugh hysterically when Brad and Gwinnie the Poo split up. But, at least she didn't write about it in her newsletter years after the fact. Gwinn -- it's called discretion. Get an assistant to look it up in the dictionary for you.

Posted by: epjd | April 17, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Ben Affleck was on Rachel Maddow show last night and he looked just like Rupert Everett. Coincidence? I think not.

Posted by: doobrah | April 17, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Susan Boyle is neither ugly nor a loser ... a great story and I'd like to see more people like her in the news!

It's also amusing to see coming out of the woodwork, all the insecure people who want everyone paired up two-by-two like Noah's Ark (who cares if they're unhappy, they're MARRIED uber alles!).

Too late, Amelia5, headlines are already screaming "Angelina pregnant with baby No. 7".

And on the topic of Clown Car Vaginas, is there any doubt the original has had plastic surgery? There is something definitely ... off ... about that face. Like it doesn't seem to move properly.

And on that topic, oh, Rupert Everett. What have you done?!

Someone obviously tried to femme up Tracy Anderson, but I'm not fooled.

Posted by: Californian11 | April 17, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Doesn't that Beckham-cyborg image slightly resemble pumped-up Wee Tom? Especially the nose.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 17, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

And on an entirely different topic (or not), RIP Clement Freud. Yes, THAT Freud (not the Schaden Freuds).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 17, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Just another way to look at the Susan story--in her pre-performance interview she says, sheepishly, she's never been married, never been kissed (after which she says, sweetly, "shame"--meaning, what a shame, not that she feels shame). It was so kind of sweet and sad. And then she sings THAT song--seriously, follow along with the lyrics on the right--between what we "know" about her and her incredible delivery, it seems completely autobiographical and that is precisely what moved both me and hubby to tears along with the transformation of the audience.

On GMA with Dianne Sawyer asking about a makeover, Susan said she might let them. I hardly think they're going to give her blonde extensions and a facelift folks, but why not? Someone gives me a gift certificate to a spa for some pampering, I'm ecstatic. Ditto if offered a free makeover by professionals (which has never happened, but I can always hope). This does not mean I am insecure about my looks or anything of the sort, it means YAY, a little indulgence! I say go for it Susan--probably no one has ever pampered that woman, she deserves a little fussing. Doesn't mean she has to wake up every morning and apply makeup just the way they showed her, you know?

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 17, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat, Agreed. Susan's certainly earned a makeover, or whatever will make her happy in life (without hurting herself or others).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 17, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

I saw the vidoe of Ms. Boyle's singing. It's everywhere. And every darn time I hear it, I burst into tears. It is so beautiful.

That said, if she just plucked her eyebrows and changed her hairstyle a bit, she would look quite nice. That is hardly a major makeover. I hope that is all they are talking about doing.

Posted by: epjd | April 17, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

I find it vaguely discomforting to think about Susan Boyle submitting to Stacy and Clint on What Not to Wear.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 17, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

ep, I'm SURE that's all they're talking about doing--a little hair color, a little styling, eyebrows and a bit of makeup and nicer cut clothing. They're not going to try to make her look 25 years old, anything extreme would hold her up to ridicule and people would kill the makeover folks for subjecting her to it.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 17, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

This just up on Yahoo--it's lovely.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 17, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Damn, ya beat me to it. Are you thinking about a Susan Boyle Story script?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 17, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Hey Sas, nah, not thinking of a Susan Boyle script. First, there will already be Brits connected with whatever record label signs her lining up to do a made for tv or something; second, her story is already so out there it would not exactly surprise anyone; third, and I don't mean this in a perjorative way, her story, small town background etc is too "small" to make into a great film. Biographical movies are really really hard to do and make interesting unless the subject is literally larger than life. Fictional characters are somewhat extreme (leading characteristics VERY leading) for a reason--real people are too nuanced to carry a clear story line. If she does great things over the next twenty years, or suffers great tragedy, or does both and bounces back, etc. then there may be a story there. But a simple rags to riches is a bit too simple for film.

I'm going to elaborate in a second post, else this one will be too long.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 17, 2009 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Case in point, the upcoming "Soloist". I read the LA Times every morning (dead tree version) and hence followed the series of articles Steve Lopez wrote back when they first appeared. Just a great story in and of itself--journalist discovers schizophrenic former juillard student living on the street playing a broken two stringed violin. His attempts to help are often thwarted by the guy's illness and mood swings. There are tremendous highs and lows. Some of those articles made me weep. But the filmmakers, in deciding to really focus on the relationship between the two men, decided that Lopez' story was not dynamic enough--he's a pretty normal guy, happily married, good journalist. It wasn't enough to sustain the tension in the relationship with Akers, so they wrote him as struggling with his creativity, in the midst of divorce and drinking too much when he meets Akers. Lopez signed off on it, realizing a slightly fictionalized version of himself enhanced the story without making a lie out of Nathanial's situation or illness or any of the true events portrayed--simply made it more compelling viewing.

I once spent three years on various versions of a biography on a famous writer who accomplished something amazing with one book--but it was a damn near impossible story to tell because a) writing is stagnant, not good filmic material; b) her real life was so full of tragedy and depressing details--illness and death of family and self; and c) the one book and amazing result was a 5 year slice of life (ending with her death)...just too hard, and even so many a-list actresses have clamored to play her, but no one has liked a single script (and there have been dozens, not just mine) -- we actually had Streep interested in our draft but couldn't ever quite get a revised script that pleased her. I think I've sworn off contemporary biographies.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 17, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Actually, I should clarify: there were actually instances where said A-list actress did like a script, but no studio or financing entity would take the chance on it. I believe Glenn Close was even attached as star and producer for one company and it still never happened.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 17, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

I'm all for Susan Boyle v2.0 as long as she doesn't look like Rupert Everett v2.0.

Really, all she needs is a nice haircut from Tabbitha Coffey and shopping spree with Tim Gunn.

I also think Stacey and Clinton would do wonders as well. They've worked with other "women of size" and turned them around right. Although, I can just see Carmondy coming at our poor Suz with the tweezers and brow wax!

Britain embraced Adele and she hasn't had to lose a pound. I'm sure they'll rally around Susan, once she gets a little gussied up.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 17, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

mdreader

Me too.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 17, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Good call, newengland1. I was thinking that Rupert pulled a Greta Van Susternen as well.

Ugh, and he used to be so handsome!! Crows' feet are sexy.

Posted by: amwatson1 | April 17, 2009 9:18 PM | Report abuse

Chasmosaur1, the PhotoShop disaster site is terrific. Thanks.

hodie, good call on Becks and Icy/Hot.

mdreader1, you are right about Carmindy, but you left out the part where she hawks Crest Whitestrips for poor Susan Boyle. But trust me, even if they didn't do a radical makeover, she's guaranteed a spot on EastEnders just as she is now.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 17, 2009 10:36 PM | Report abuse