Posted at 8:21 AM ET, 04/28/2009

Jailed Son Allowed to Visit Ailing Farrah Fawcett; Swine Flu Derails 'Wolverine's' Mexico Premiere

By Liz Kelly

Matthew McConaughey and girlfriend Camila Alves at the L.A. premiere of McCongaughey's new movie, 'The Ghost of Girlfriends Past,' on Monday. (AP)
Tuesday

Headlines: Paris Hilton planning humanitarian trip to Cameroon... Swine flu fears delay "Wolverine's" Mexico premiere... Redmond O'Neal allowed to visit ailing mother Farrah Fawcett... Mandy Moore hypnotized to calm stage fright... Lily Tomlin asks Seattle Zoo to close elephant exhibit... "Dynasty" alumna Linda Evans wins U.K. "Hells Kitchen" competition... Russell Simmons leads charge to green the hip-hop community... Renee Zellweger celebrates 40th birthday... British Airways employee reprimanded for asking Joel Madden to cover tattoos... Snoop Dogg denies striking fan.

Crime Watch: Ex-NBA star Jayson Williams tasered by New York police.

Pix & Video: Rail thin Lindsay Lohan hits the beach in Hawaii... Megan Fox has no waist... Michael Jackson and kids don carnival masks for Hollywood shopping trip... Mary-Kate Olsen cops Ozzy Osbourne's look... Joan and Melissa Rivers freak out on "Celebrity Apprentice"... Ridiculous: Carmen Electra baby bump?

Rumor Mill: Is Mel Gibson's alleged Russian lover pregnant?... "Slumdog" stars Dev Patel and Freida Pinto dating, says mom... Madonna's fashion world friends helping to keep Jesus Luz in the U.S.?... Heidi Montag's wedding ensemble worth over $1 million?

By Liz Kelly  | April 28, 2009; 8:21 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Are Celebrities Ruining Twitter?
Next: Mother's Day Gift Guide: Hollywood Wax

Comments

Paris Hilton going to Cameroon is a great humanitarian gesture to people in the USA.

Who knew Wolverines could get swine flu?

After Redmond O'Neal's visit to Farrah Fawcett: "Hey, has anyone seen my morphine?"

"Mandy Moore hypnotized to calm stage fright." Also, she now clucks like a chicken whenever someone utters the name "Zach Braff."

Lily Tomlin asks Seattle Zoo to close elephant exhibit. (And Zoo administrator makes 'crazy person' gesture while muttering, "One ringy-dingy...")

Jayson Williams tasered: Damn! I had $5 on Rodman being the first.

LiLo and MeFo need to get together and share a sandwich.

Michael Jackson's family shopping trip - I know just how the kids feel. When she dressed us for a day out, my mom could never find clothes to go with feathers either.

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 28, 2009 8:41 AM | Report abuse

Strikers in Cameroon agree to end protest if Paris Hilton leaves country...

Linda Evan's cleavage is also known for playing the title role in "The Big Valley" '60s TV series.

As part of the settlement, I expect BA to show Joel Madden's tattoos on their in-flight TV screens for the next month.

Snoop Dogg's denial should have been part of Crime Watch. Even tho it's a suit (which tells you what it's REALLY about) battery is still illegal in California. I think.

Speaking of crime watch, there should be a separate "Don't Taze Me Bro" section. Unless some other blog already has that cornered.

Lilo's weight loss (and two night reunion with ex) goes into Chapter 4 of the epiphany book.

I wonder if there a difference between "carnival masks" and "Carneval masks."

The lady dragon saw the Joan/Melissa flipout on Celebrity Apprentice. We could have anticipated this when their participation was announced. Guess they forgot what show they were on.

Two movie leads dating? Never seen THAT before...

If Oprah hooks up with Steve-o--not that there is ANYONE ELSE in her universe--will we call them "O-o?"

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 28, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

I didn't look at the photos, but I assume that while the kids wore carnival masks, MJ just wore his face.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | April 28, 2009 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Shhhh! Nobody tell Paris that she probably won't find a Tiffany's or Sak's in Cameroon and that it is not the latest trendy resort. We don't want her to change her mind.

The fact they let Redmond out of jail to see, Mom, Farah, does not bode well for her current condition. Let's hope the O'Neils can behave for a little while and bring her some peace.

Michael if you want to protect the kids from swine flu, they need surgical masks like yours, not Carnival masks.

I'm betting the Olsen Twins line of hair care products will be a complete bust.

Posted by: hodie | April 28, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Wow, y'all are on your game *early* today! After those works of art, I've got nothing.

Posted by: northgs | April 28, 2009 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Per Megan Fox:

She's definitely corseted way tiny, but she's not exactly known for being Rubenesque.

That's also an artfully designed costume. It flares on top (with the bunch flesh colored pieces helping to camouflage the stiffness of the flare), and the bustle starts high and flares wide. The detailing has both the buttons (to draw the eye to the center) and the detailing that starts wide and tapers to the middle (making it look like an even tinier waist).

Yep, I hope to hell she doesn't have to wear that costume often and she had pre- and post- torso MRI's to monitor her innards, but I think it's not quite as severe as it looks.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | April 28, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

That must have been Megan Fox I saw working the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire a few years back:

Posted by: yellojkt | April 28, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Mary Kate Olsen...crazy, but that's how it goes.

Michael Jackson....livin' crazy that's the only way.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 28, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Ok. I'm taking a pain killer on account of the whiplash I received from reading the Russell Simmons piece.

First, he tells us the hip-hop community is "more conscious, not less. They’re less homophobic, not more. They’re less violent, not more. They’re less racist, not more. But it’s wrong [to say that] in general, they’re less concerned."

Then, he admits that no hip-hop artists have come forward to embrace the environmental movement, which is why he's stepping forward.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 28, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Mandy Moore hypnotized -- and so was her audience into thinking they were watching something enjoyable.

Hey, Simmons, how about we get the misogyny and human trafficking out of hip-hop first, then worry about hip-hop's environmental message?

Posted by: epjd | April 28, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Liz, this headline just in from another WaPo story, "Supreme Court Rules that Government Can Fine for 'Fleeting Expletives"

The only logical reaction is "f--- that!"

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 28, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Oh, yeah, and the article quotes Cher, which makes the Supremes totally Celebritology-fodder.

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 28, 2009 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I really hope that Michael sells the crap that's up for auction because those kids are going to need lots of therapy.

By humanitarian trip to Cameroon do you mean some enterprising reader has found a way to get Paris onto the Manhattan Project's maiden voyage? If not,Cameroon is having a run of bad luck.

Posted by: petalceleb | April 28, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Yes, I agree the best humanitarian gesture would be for Paris to stay in Cameroon. Permanently. And Paris, please don't sleep with boys. Giving them herpes isn't considered a humanitarian gesture.

LiLo has that Amy Winehouse malnutrition pooch in front. Hmm.

I know rumor has it Megan Fox is trying to be Angelina Jolie, but I hope she stops as she sure has a wayyyyyyyyyy better body. Much healthier-looking and not all starved and veiny.

Posted by: Californian11 | April 28, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

What I wanna know is how is LiLo funding these trips & drugs & new bikinis?

She can't have made that much $$$ in her career, or what's left of it. I'm sure her parental units have blown more than their share of it, maybe Ali is helping with the profit from that Christmas album.

**literally laughs out loud & scares co-workers**

Posted by: wadejg | April 28, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

byoolin and reddragon, you guys are THE BEST. Thanks to your-all's posts I definitely need a new keyboard!

That Hills loser's wedding outfit may be priced at $1 million, but trust me, it ain't "worth" $1 million. Nothing about them is "worth" much.

Posted by: jaybbub | April 28, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

OK, in that last pic of Lie Low (why won't she?) she really looks like a boy. We males tend to stand like that facing the bushes, when we, well, you know. Think the cover of "Whos Next." But not on a dog. Maybe she confused "pup" with "pap."

Posted by: kabuki3 | April 28, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Wow, for being decked out in a million dollars worth of bling she actually looks PLAIN. Diamond hairpins? What hairpins? She couldn't be bothered with an actual hairstyle of some kind? And the dress is of the fluffy Meringue variety, not impressive. I mean, compare her to Salma's radiance yesterday...no, wait, there is no comparison.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 28, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Kabuki, I love "Lie Low (why won't she?)". In my head, I hear the "Lie Low" part first and then a great little Beatle-esque three-part harmony singing "why won't she?"

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 28, 2009 2:38 PM | Report abuse

The latest in the head-scratching world of ill-advised Hollywood remakes: Russel Brand to star in a remake of 1991's "Drop Dead Fred". Am I mistaken or was this movie a total bomb the first time around?

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 28, 2009 2:52 PM | Report abuse

The photo of Megan Fox is disturbing. It appears she has been eviscerated and her rib cage crushed. Lindsey looks great. Very lean and natural.

Posted by: hmdavidson | April 28, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

And on another note, how bad do we think that Matthew McConaughey movie is going to be? Shall we give it a pre-rating from 1 to 10? With 1 being, let's say, "Fools Gold", and 10 being, oh I don't know, "The Wedding Planner".

Wait, that's not much of a spread, quality-wise...

Posted by: jaybbub | April 28, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Jaybub, much as I hate to admit it, I thought the trailer for that movie was pretty funny. And concept wise I was kind of kicking myself for not thinking of it, or something like it, before. However, not hearing good things about it.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 28, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Why did Mandy Moore turn to hypnotism? Was the Xanax no longer working?

Renee Zellweger, I note that your birthday guest list did note include Jim Carey. But you're not bitter, are you?

The Snoop Dog lawsuit represents the first time that someone has complained when Snoop gave them a hit.

Thank you, Michael Jackson, for wearing a Carnival mask. We applaud your effort to blend in.

If that's a baby bump on Carmen Electra, then Mel Gibson's Russian paramour is pregnant.......

.....wait a minute.......I'm still suffering the aftereffects from that taser.

Just think: Heidi Montag's wedding ensemble is worth almost as much as the contingency fee her divorce lawyer will make.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 28, 2009 4:00 PM | Report abuse

byoolin, I'm thinking Layla, with "why won't she" subbing for "you've got me on my knees". I saw Derek & the Dominoes do it at GW's Lisner auditorium, 7th row center, under substance-ially amplified conditions, so it's been playing in my head for 38 years anyway...

Posted by: kabuki3 | April 29, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse