Posted at 8:15 AM ET, 04/24/2009

Jay Leno Hospitalized; Madonna and Jesus, Together Again?

By Liz Kelly

16-year-old Miley Cyrus arrives at the London premiere of 'Hannah Montana: The Movie.' (Getty Images)
Friday

Headlines: Jay Leno hospitalized with undisclosed "mild" illness... Salma Hayek's e-mail account hacked... Computer student admits off-pitch Beyonce tape was a hoax... Elton John has lost a quarter of his fortune in economic crisis... Hugh Jackman says he's not gay... Lily Allen fetes end of tour with an ice cream fight.

Crime Watch: Michael Jackson involved in hit-and-run with ambulance... Hayden Panettiere's L.A. home burgled.

Pix & Video: Madonna and Jesus Luz spotted together again... Lindsay Lohan visits ex Samantha Ronson's house... The Susan Boyle makeover continues apace... Tara Reid and pooch hit the beach.

Rumor Mill: K-Fed in talks to be NutriSystem spokesman... Tony Romo reportedly wants girlfriend Jessica Simpson to ease up on drinking... Russell Crowe saved Brad Pitt from legal action for quitting "State of Play"... Michelle Williams and Spike Jonze planning summer wedding?... Is Katie Holmes a secret smoker?... "Grey Gardens" co-star Jessica Lange refused to be relegated to "supporting" category for Emmy noms... Pam Anderson in tough financial straits?

By Liz Kelly  | April 24, 2009; 8:15 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Britney's Not Pregnant, Y'All. Calm Down.
Next: Susan Boyle's Wins Again, Terrence Howard Digs Himself Deeper -- This Week's Winners & Losers

Comments

Per Jessica Lange:

I have the Drew Barrymore love, but damn skippy, Jessica Lange. Granted, I think she has to look back at "King Kong" and cringe on occasion, but Jessica Lange is an actress with a bit more range, style and grace than Drew Barrymore. When Drew starts doing Tennessee Williams and Shakespeare, then I'll find reasons to disagree.

Per Susan Boyle:

Well that's that then. She looks 20 lbs thinner in well-fitting clothes (her probable actual weight), you notice how nice her skin is, and she could walk onto any stage for an audition and not be dismissed before opening her mouth. 'Nuff done.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | April 24, 2009 9:00 AM | Report abuse

"Hugh Jackman says he's not gay"....."not that there's anything wrong with that", screams the inner Seinfeld I never knew I had.

After seeing those red patent leather pumps, I think Susan Boyle is officially more fashionable that I am.

Posted by: StuckatWork | April 24, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Way to go, Lily Allen! That's how you dissuade the Americans of their trainwreck opinion of you. Only have a little more patience next time and wait until you get to your hotel room.

Hey, check the MJ auction site! The Chucky's Sister doll may be back up for grabs so that he can pay for fixing the ambulance his driver sideswiped.

Posted by: hodie | April 24, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

lol i told you pitch correction software was good - hahaha - i just didnt think it was being used in reverse. lol.

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | April 24, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Salma Hayek's e-mail account hacked.

So is this what our Dorkus has REALLY been doing lately? Probably in a secret bivouac on Lizard Island.

Is Katie Holmes a secret smoker?

Although I'm unmatched in my dislike of smoking, I endorse any legal act of defiance against her whackadoodle of a hubby (and his $cientology cult). Run, Katie, run!

The Susan Boyle makeover continues apace.

Susan still looks unmistakably like her real self, just a bit more polished and professional, and I imagine she's delighted with the results. So I say, go for it, and enjoy the ride!

StuckatWork

Stuck, I'm like you. Susan's pumps are verging into Sarah Palin territory ;-) But I betcha she doesn't wear them except on brief public occasions.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 24, 2009 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Susan Boyle's 'makeover' is great. It's still her-- just spiffy. She has not been sexed up or Hollywood-ized. Good job!

Posted by: Guest1234 | April 24, 2009 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Katie Holmes a secret smoker? You notice they don't mention WHAT she is smoking.

Posted by: epjd | April 24, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Lily Allen fetes end of tour with an ice cream fight.

What a terrible waste of ice cream (sob)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 24, 2009 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Lily Allen fetes end of tour with an ice cream fight.

What a terrible waste of ice cream (sob)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 24, 2009 9:48 AM | Report abuse

I thought the same thing Nosy, especially since I am recovering from gum surgery and one of the few things I can stand to eat right now. Had a big bowl for dinner last night.

Posted by: hodie | April 24, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

You know, maybe Susan Boyle punk'd all of us. Maybe that "matronly" thing was just a cover & ploy for a free makeover.

I bet somewhere in that alledged "cat lady" house there's a secret dungeon of lurve completely outfitted with sex swing, whips, chains & all the other crazy Gimp-like accoutrements one needs in a proper dungeon.

Either way, love the shoes!!

Posted by: wadejg | April 24, 2009 10:17 AM | Report abuse

hodie, the worst part of all is that it was probably high quality ice cream. Owe the humanity! Hope your gums heal quickly and completely, doc, and without complication, cuz Perio's a b!tch.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 24, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Jay leno should pull out of that fine, and katie smokin what cigs or ganja?LOL what else...susan Boyle wow what an amazing voice
And a great personality to boot no red pumpya
What else oh nosy parker hmm nosy Parker .... Hisses at nosy Parker LOL. What else? Oh have a good day everyone yea and youtoo nosy Parker ...... smiling like
The Cheshire cat ; D. And disappears...................

Posted by: loq33 | April 24, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

It's early, but let me offer a toast to Jay Leno for a speedy recovery: chin-chin, Jay.

Salma Hayek's e-mail hacked... and not only that, she's also out the $24.99 she spent on the pen!s enlargement cream.

Elton John down 25% - can another fabulous clothing auction be far behind?

Michael Jackson involved in hit-and-run with ambulance... don't worry, fans, the ambulance missed him by a nose.

I liked the old Susan Boyle - that one-two punch of angelic voice and child-frightening looks was something new and fresh. But now, meh.

Of course Tony Romo wants J-Simp to ease up on drinking: her karaoke is worse than her regular singing.

"Is Katie Holmes a secret smoker?" Yes, she is. And a joker, and a midnight toker, not to mention picker and grinner.

Pam Anderson should be an object lesson to people who put all their money under mattresses or keep it in jugs.

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 24, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

By the way, Shirley MacLaine turns 75 today. *This* time.

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 24, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

When I saw the "Madonna and Jesus, Together Again" headline, I thought, "So, she's off the Kabbalah and back on Catholicism?"

I like Susan Boyle's changes; they're not dramatic and she still looks much the same person.

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | April 24, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

hmm that didn't go very well did it nope not atall
What do I do now ? Find an escape route and haul
A** .Okey dokey my new name now is zoltar I sell hambugers
On fourty ninth and bell , please come buy eat drink but no throw up
Never mind the maggots they are helping.....

Posted by: loq33 | April 24, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: memphis1 | April 24, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

America's answer to Paul Potts and Susan Boyle? "As Manhattan Bus Rolls, Driver Polishes His Pavarotti":

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 24, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

thanks Nosy, and looks like you have an admirer.

Posted by: hodie | April 24, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

"Ken Annakin, ‘Magnificent [Men in Their Flying Machines]’ Director, Dies at 94":

"Kenneth Cooper Annakin was born in Beverley, in Yorkshire, England, on Aug. 10, 1914. His daughter said he was an only child who left his parents as a teenager and never told her his parents’ names..."

Um, maybe Mrs. & Mrs. Darth Vader?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 24, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

"As Manhattan Bus Rolls, Driver Polishes His Pavarotti":

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 24, 2009 10:45 AM
==============
I had always suspected that bus drivers were doing that from time to time, but someone finally got one to admit it!

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 24, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Ahh byoolin. How to explain the damage to my monitor & keyboard...

Posted by: jes11 | April 24, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Can you read minds?
If you can what am I thinking of?
At this moment because later won't qualify
Haha I like that....
Cheshire cat grin:D
But >:[ I'm upset.

Posted by: loq33 | April 24, 2009 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Did I stumble into loq33's acid trip or am I just not cool enough to understand those posts?

Posted by: Amelia5 | April 24, 2009 12:16 PM | Report abuse

I have always thought Hugh Jackman was SO gay. Not, as Stuck says, that there's anything wrong with that.

Darn, both the Katie Holmes and Tara Reid links are blocked here at work. Must be some good stuff.

Is Pammy descending into Gary Coleman territory? Will she be auctioning herself off next?

Posted by: Californian11 | April 24, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

nb, despite posting this right after you, Californian, I'm not directing this mini-rant at your comment, just the hooplah in general:

Oh sigh. Here we again revisit the same old same old "oh, he's gay" speculations and declarations about an actor who portrayed a gay character (I guess if they're straight and want to curtail gay rumors, they have to do a really bad acting job at portraying a gay character). I find it unutterably depressing that a renaissance talent like Jackman is subject to this speculation solely because he is a renaissance talent instead of a straightforward action star or romantic lead. He sings and dances! Oh my god, he must be gay! Why not more press about how every woman working on pretty much every movie he does (esp notable, most recent "Australia") turns into a veritable puddle of lust every time he so much as glances their way? His rep inside the biz is solidly charming, sexy, funny, smart, devoted family man. Oh, right, he married a woman 8 years older than he--shock, horror, the old bag must be a beard! Puhlease.

Obviously that last extremely sarcastic, I think his wife is great. Clearly, he does too as he brags on her constantly.

end of rant.

Way to go Susan Boyle--just what we pro-polishers had in mind for you.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 24, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Readers' poll results on Susan Boyle's makeover:
Love it - she looks great! 80%
Hate it - she should have stayed the same. 9%
Don't care. So over her. 11%

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 24, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Oh, no worries. I actually haven't seen Hugh's movies, I just thought it from the way he carries himself.

I also think that High School Musical guy is the gayest guy EVER and his "girlfriend" is a publicity stunt set up by the studios.

Posted by: Californian11 | April 24, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Have no comment or opinion on anyone or anything to do with HSM, since I've never seen it/them and have no idea who the players are ("so and so"...me: huh? "they were in HSM"...me: oh). But nothing would surprise me with regard to young actors and studios protecting their leading man status with tween girls.

I've seen all of Hugh's movies (actually, disclaimer, "Australia" is in my Netflix queue with "very long wait" in the status line). So I was pro People's choice ;-) Have to say, it never occurred to me once to think he might be gay. Esp with his much-discussed swoon factor (Nicole Kidman spent a good portion of an article laughing about his remarkable effect on female cast, crew and onlookers). Would love to meet him and see for myself!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 24, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Hell, I'd be smoking something stronger than cigarettes if I were married to wee Tom.

The Tara Reid pic is bordering on NSF Eyes! What is with that torso of hers- darker than the rest of her body and still wrinkly- eeoow.

And Lindsey should get a grip- the woman no longer wants her so she should stop being a STALKER and leave her alone.

Posted by: plamar1031 | April 24, 2009 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of gender issues, did anyone else watch "Bones" last night, and get as annoyed as I did by the plot line re androgynous guest scientist Dr. Tanaka? None of these supposedly brilliant folks at the Jeffersonian could figure out whether the good doctor was male or female, yet all they'd have needed to do was surreptitiously follow Dr. Tanaka to the rest room to see whether the person used the women's or men's room.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 24, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, Nosy, I thought it was a pretty stupid subplot--especially once Lance explained that it was a culture issue where this sect, if you will, of the culture is deliberately androgynous as a statement against the relevance of gender in society, which is a pretty strong statement considering how traditional Japanese society is. I just wanted them all to respect him/her for his/her beliefs and leave it. I realize it was supposed to be funny (loved Cam's exasperated line where she said something about missing the simple beauty of a gender pronoun in discussion) but they overplayed it. Still love the show--they usually balance serious and goofy much better than that.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 24, 2009 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Recently I found a hot club -- SeekingTall . c o m -- just for sexy tall gals and guys to find their cupid. Come on, tall singles. Don't miss your love.

Posted by: salawhite08 | April 25, 2009 3:39 AM | Report abuse