Posted at 8:12 AM ET, 04/27/2009

'Lost's' Henry Ian Cusick Charged with Sexual Harrassment; Madonna Named Hardest Working Showbiz Mom

By Liz Kelly

Salma Hayek and French businessman Francois-Henri Pinault at their Venice wedding on Saturday. (AP)
Monday

Headlines: Madonna tops list of hardest-working showbiz moms... "Golden Girl" Bea Arthur dies at 86... Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt marry again... Salma Hayek renews vows in Venice... Brad Pitt visits Niagara Falls with sons Maddox and Pax... Beyonce thriller "Obsessed" tops weekend box office... Mischa Barton returning to TV... British Airways asks Joel Madden to cover his tattoos before boarding plane... Miley Cyrus says she's not dating ex Nick Jonas... Paris Hilton made $90 million from perfume sales last year... DMX joins cast of "Celebrity Rehab."

Crime Watch: "Lost's" Henry Ian Cusick accused of sexual harassment... Jamie Lynn Spears's baby daddy injured and charged in crash... Rihanna asks police to return $1.4 million in jewelry from night of Chris Brown incident... Burglars flee home when they realize they're robbing Dolph Lundgren... Alleged Tyra Banks stalker due in court today.

Pix & Video: Kim Kardashian unveils "drastic" new look.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson allegedly spend two nights together... Brangelina take on former bodyguard over planned tell-all book... Guy Ritchie buys London home near ex Madonna... Has Britney Spears taken up gardening?

By Liz Kelly  | April 27, 2009; 8:12 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Susan Boyle's Wins Again, Terrence Howard Digs Himself Deeper -- This Week's Winners & Losers
Next: Are Celebrities Ruining Twitter?

Comments

Bea Arthur, R.I.P. - The theme music for her first show is playing in my head, but this time the chorus goes, "And then there's God."*

Liz Kelly, did you -really- just give Speidi LA rewedding top billing over Salma's Venice renuptials? Salma had the *@$%&@$%$# President of #@($@#!$ France, for cryin' out loud! Speidi had, what, Audrina Patridge?

Nice to see that BA is doing its part to fulfill the unwritten rule that people who work in airports be jagoffs, wankers, bat-rastards or simpletons whenever possible.

Good thing Paris Hilton sells perfume: she'll need some to lessen the stink of all that money.

"Rihanna asks police to return $1.4 in jewelry from night of Chris Brown incident... " I like that there's an "M" missing in this post - gives the whole incident the tawdry and cheap feeling it deserves.

Burglars flee home when they realize they're robbing Dolph Lundgren. They must have figured out how hard it would be to fence any of his DVDs.

* [Not really.]

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 27, 2009 8:36 AM | Report abuse

Last summer while at National airport, I had to duck into a quiet nook near the Alaskan Air gate to take a phone call. Hiding behind the desk was a posted announcement, written in what could quite possibly be the smallest legible font on the planet, that detailed the dress code for passengers on Alaskan Air. While I don't remember what exactly they were, I do know that after surveying my fellow passengers there were quite a few that weren't dressing to code. Airlines apparently do have dress codes - who knows when they actually decide to enforce them. Well, besides Joel Madden that is.

Posted by: StuckatWork | April 27, 2009 8:36 AM | Report abuse

Rihanna losing a buck forty in jewelry rates a mention in your column?

Liz, try worrying less about pleats, give up advocating for tattoos (they really are the must-have accessory for white trash) and perhaps spend some time in a remedial writing and editing class.

Surely a derivative column of Web links with very little originality can't be THAT hard to write.

Posted by: thinman1 | April 27, 2009 9:08 AM | Report abuse

"Salma Hayek and French businessman Francois-Henri Pinault at their Venice wedding on Saturday.'

Salma looks radiant.

"Madonna tops list of hardest-working showbiz moms"

Why would anyone give a rat's a$s?

Is there a poll for hardest-working showbiz dads?

Posted by: jezebel3 | April 27, 2009 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the catch, Byoo. I must've missed adding in the "million" because I was in a hurry trying to make my remiedial writing and editing class.

Welcome to the week!

Posted by: Liz Kelly | April 27, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Love or hate Brangelina, you have to respect that they really seem to try and give the kids a normal existence as possible. They're always taking them to museums and stuff which is nice.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | April 27, 2009 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Chasmosaur - I'd add that it is Brad who does the day trips with the kids way more often than Angelina. You don't see her in the normal family stuff nearly as much.
I'm glad to see that they get to do the "Maid of the Mist" stuff.

Posted by: JLRGG | April 27, 2009 9:57 AM | Report abuse

'Mischa Barton returning to TV...' Has anyone warned TV?

Posted by: jes11 | April 27, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Right about now . . .

. . . Oprah is finding a way to dethrone Madonna has the hardest-working showbiz mom. You watch, next year's eligibility guidelines will include "rich people who fund boarding schools."

. . . Carl Weathers and Mr. T. (well, Carl maybe) are giving their security staffs the week off. Poor Mrs. Lundgren!

. . . Louisina is rethinking it's state motto ("Union, Justice, Confidence") after so many years of Spears-related stories. Currently in the running: "Flash, Trash, Crash."

And unlike byoolin, the Bea Arthur song running through my head is "Bosom Buddies" from Mame. RIP, Vera Charles.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 27, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Hahahaha. The Dolph Lundgren news is- well, I'm sorry his wife was robbed, and I hope she's all right and that they catch the people involved. But the mental image of the robbers scampering off in terror after seeing just a picture of the man is very funny. "Oh man, oh s*%&, we are in so much trouble, he's going to hunt us down and kill us with his BARE HANDS.."

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | April 27, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

R.I.P. Bea Arthur. I can hear Estelle Getty up there right now saying, "It's about time one of you got here, I've been waiting an eternity!"

I'll bet if Laura Croft were Pax's and Maddox's mother, they'd get to go over the falls in a barrel. Instead they have to settle for the Maid of the Mist.

Tinkerbell perfume for grown-ups made Paris $90 mil in profits? Is that why MJ had to sell Neverland?

Oh Desmond, say it ain't so!

Whoa! Kim, Baby steps, baby steps. Such drastic actions as highlighting your hair can lead to more shocking things such as fake nails and spray on tans. Go easy, girl. (Really, I was expecting a blond pixie or nose job or something.)

Agree with Britney that gardening is therapeutic (and a great work-out). Perhaps she can bring her old pal Lilo down to earth and teach her a thing or two about gardening. I suggest vegetables and see if you can get her to eat some.

Posted by: hodie | April 27, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

hmm. did anyone else notice that the 9 a.m. troll was 8 minutes late?

Posted by: memphis1 | April 27, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

"Byoo"? What the hell does that mean? Perhaps you were going for Boy-o. If intentional, kinda pathetic. If not, even more pathetic.

Give Travis Barker a call and go get another tattoo.

Posted by: thinman1 | April 27, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

so now that Speidi is officially married, do we start the pool for when they're officially divorced? How exciting! I'll bring the popcorn.

Posted by: ishkabibbleA | April 27, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Britney's "committed to learning as much as she can about horticulture and how it impacts your well-being."

Who's her gardening guru? Matthew McConaughey?

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 27, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Oooh, a troll! They're always so entertaining to watch, particularly when they fall flat on their faces. Pass the popcorn, I think we've got a prizewinner here.

And forgive my ignorance, but were those two folks from "The Hills" married before? Was it one of those Vegas quickies or something?

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | April 27, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Thinman, the "Byoo" was a reference to longtime Celebritology commenter "Byoolin1," who you might notice caught that missing "million" before you.

Thanks for reading!

Posted by: Liz Kelly | April 27, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Ishkabibble, put me down for eight minutes in the Heincer divorce pool.

On Saturday during an NFL draft live chat (on another site, uh-hemm WAPO), someone posted that Bea Arthur died. Took the producer several minutes to realize it was true. The reaction was priceless. RIP Bea Arthur.

I'm assuming the tats were not something tasteful and therefore had to be covered. Which is stupid. You don't want to be offended by someone's tats? Don't look.

Byoolin, troll at 9:00. Commence firing.

Posted by: epjd | April 27, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Liz is getting sassy today and I, for one, LOVE it! You tell him Liz!

Posted by: Osteph | April 27, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Kim Kardashian looks almost interesting now. Like a computer morph of Gloria Estefan, Eva Longoria, and Sade. (But still without discernable talent.)

Oh, and that's no stalker, Tyra. It's just Melrose. She STILL cannot believe you picked that CariDee over her. Grrl, you better watch out before Melrose plans another photo shoot in the pool -- only this time it's an underwater shoot and the goal is NOT to float.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 27, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

At first I thought they were talking about Locke as the Lost actor charged with sexual harrassment, and I was shocked. When I saw it was Desmond I didn't care as much. Weird. Hopefully they don't kill off Desmond like all the other Lost criminals!

Posted by: VT2003 | April 27, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Posted by td:

This could be a great idea for a new security business! Who needs fancy electronic alarms? We just need to photoshop family pics and maybe a life sized cardboard cutout in one of the upstairs windows. Perfect!

Who is Lizard Island HR? Is that you Mudge? Can you appoint Td head of security?

Posted by: hodie | April 27, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Only in the world of celebrities would "hardest working" be equated with amount earned.

In mdreaderland, it's often the opposite.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 27, 2009 11:10 AM | Report abuse

"Note to Self: PhotoShop Chuck Norris' head onto my body in all displayed family photos. Actually, replace the body too. And make it taller." -td

YES! Can I be replaced by Anne Hathaway?

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | April 27, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | April 27, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

LOL! More fun for the peeping Toms and other neighborhood pervs.

Posted by: jezebel3 | April 27, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Just for ep:

It's written "Thinman" but pronounced "Fathead."

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 27, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

The next time Henry Ian Cusick feels the need to harass someone, I'm sure there's plenty of women that would be more than willing to let him "motorboat" them.

Posted by: wadejg | April 27, 2009 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Ep, the tats in question were of Jesus and the Madonna (the originals, not the ones that regularly feature here), and not especially offensive. But definitely out of place in a (presumably) BA first class cabin. Not that that makes this right, or makes BA look like any less of a horse's behind.

The news that Paris made $90 million from perfume sales speaks more to the markup on perfume than it does to anything else.

Posted by: northgs | April 27, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Paris Hilton, in the top 5 of skankiest women ever, made $90 mil in perfume sales?!? I am most definitely in the wrong business. What I could do with $90 million ...

That former Brangelina bodyguard must have some good scoop, given their fury over his hinting to reveal it. Good thing Brangelina aren't $cientolocults, or he'd show up dead somewhere.

Posted by: Californian11 | April 27, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Californian11 | April 27, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Hw interesting can a scoop about schlepping kids to museums and stuff be?

Posted by: jezebel3 | April 27, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

R.I.P. Bea Arthur

Mischa back on TV, really?! Why?

ep - I'm not a tattoo person but I don't find Joel's to be offensive in nature. From the article it comes across as the BA person was disgusted by them. You are right though. If you don't like them don't look at them.

Posted by: Vienna8425 | April 27, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

@northgs - but really, the story would be MUCH funnier if his tats were of Jesus and Madonna, i.e. the "model" and singer variety!

Posted by: suzannepdc | April 27, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Between farts, Barack Obama struggles with cutting the budget. I've a couple of suggestions:

Life-sized cardboard cutouts of Dolph Lundgren placed on the border facing Mexico = new homeland security strategy.

Life-sized cardboard cutouts of Todd Rundgren placed on the border facing the US = effective swine flu warning.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 27, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Nom td's Kardashian comment for Comment of the Week, and it's only Monday.

Naigra Falls! Slooowly, I turned... (Probably only Sas will "get" this).

I got all excited when I saw the words "French President" in connection with Salma's wedding, because I though Carla Bruni might have been there. But with Salma, Penelope Cruz, and Charlize Theron all there, I'm guessing the "hott factor" was off the charts anyway.

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 27, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Salma looks absolutely stunning.

So, she and the French dude are already "re-newing". Those losers from The Hills (I cannot, simply cannot, write out their names) are "re-wedding".

Which marriage tanks first?

And can we all join in a group prayer that The Hills losers DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, procreate?

Posted by: jaybbub | April 27, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

reddragon1...

sadly, I do too.

Posted by: memphis1 | April 27, 2009 12:26 PM | Report abuse

N-I-A-G-R-A F-A-L-L-S......

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 27, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Jaybbub, amen!

Posted by: northgs | April 27, 2009 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Just a general reminder that we more or less officially retired the way-too-cool sounding "Speidi" in favor of the backend and trashy sounding "Heincer" when referring to the two total losers from the Hills.

I'm surprised anyone would have kept that bodyguard in their employ for any period of time based on how many run-ins he's had with the law and seemingly innocent bystanders.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 27, 2009 2:03 PM | Report abuse

sas,

Have you been there? The water goes really fast and your spelling goes with it...

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 27, 2009 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Sorcerers_cat, I've been away from Celebritology land for awhile and missed the "Speidi-Heincer" transition. You are totally right that the original nickname was way too cool, "Heincer" is a big improvement.

Posted by: ishkabibbleA | April 27, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

"Heincer" is totally appropriate, with the right connotation of both "heinous" and "heinie." If Spencer dumps her and takes up with Denise Richards, could they be "Dencer?" I see a Friday list here someday. (e,g, Michael Jackson and Penelope Cruz {sorry td}= "Jackalope."

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 27, 2009 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Not to worry, ishkabibble, we all slip up with that one once in awhile!

Hmmm. I'm a little baffled that the alleged sexual harassment incident(s) occured in October of 2007 and it's just coming to suit now. On the other hand, if someone did that to me on a set (in full view of witnesses) my response would be swift and definitive (and he would require a few bags of ice and some down time.) My guess is she tolerated it because he was an actor on the show and she wanted to seem like one of the gang--I've seen it happen.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 27, 2009 2:24 PM | Report abuse

It's written "Thinman" but pronounced "Fathead."
****
LOL. the still reigning champion, byoolin1.
****
Between farts, Barack Obama struggles with cutting the budget. I've a couple of suggestions....
***
A++++ to mdreader1. send those cut outs to arizona so those poor minutemen can take a break. :)

Posted by: frieda406 | April 27, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

"I see a Friday list here someday. (e,g, Michael Jackson and Penelope Cruz {sorry td}= 'Jackalope.'" --reddragon1

Bite your tongue, man! Change it to Penelope Ann Miller (who?!), anyone but PC.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 27, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Lizards should be able to get 57-Across on Saturday's NY Times X-word!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 27, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Also 34-Across. (Talk about being a couple days behind the curve)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 27, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

What are the clues, Nosy? And letter count...

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 27, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Wow, what a celebrity studded wedding Salma Hayek had the second time around, and who knew ex Edward Norton would be there?

Posted by: msame | April 27, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

You said it msame--quite a paparazzi fantasy wedding. Funny thing about Edward Norton--hubby and I were just saying the other day (while watching "The Italian Job" for the umpteenth time) that EN plays a nasty piece of work so convincingly we have a hard time not believing he's like that in real life. Add to that the occasional on-set and post-production gossip stories about him being "difficult"...

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 27, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Celebritology-targeted clues on Sat's. NYT X-word -- ain't pop culture grand?

ACROSS
20 - The Brady boys or girls [4 letters]

34 - Feldman's co-star on "The Two Coreys" [4 letters]

57 - Two-time "Dancing With the Stars" co-winner Julianne [5 letters]

DOWN
2 - Chuck Berry's title girl who's repeatedly asked "Is that you?" [6 letters]

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 27, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

SPOILER ALERT FOR CAT. I didn't get 20-Across till I discovered that the 4th letter was "O."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 27, 2009 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Got 'em. Am still blanking on 20 across even with your spoiler, though.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 27, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

One more I overlooked:

DOWN
28 - Kids' entertainer who won 12 Emmys [10 letters]

HINT: Although not indicated, it's 2 words.

ANOTHER SPOILER ALERT: 20 Across' 2nd letter is "R."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 27, 2009 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Also while some of us are on the topic of games and entertainment, "Computer Program to Take On ‘Jeopardy!'"

Though as long as the program thinks that "sheet" is a fruit, Ken Jennings has little to worry about.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 27, 2009 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Breaking Kardashian News:

It's a wig, not a dye job. I'm sure I would have known this sooner had I been following her on Twitter, but, alas, I am dependent upon the gossip mags online for this critical information.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 27, 2009 6:49 PM | Report abuse

sas,

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 27, 2009 2:06 PM |

=============================================
The other damn a fell out of the Spanish aerial car and into the Whirlpool.

--------------------------------------------