Posted at 8:32 AM ET, 04/ 6/2009

Madonna Leaves Malawi; Hospitalized Farrah Fawcett's Son Arrested on Drug Charges

By Liz Kelly

Carrie Underwood accepts her Entertainer of the Year award at Sunday's Country Music Awards in Las Vegas. (AP)
Gallery: Country Music Awards
Monday

Headlines: Madonna leaves Malawi following failed adoption bid; files appeal to ruling... Farrah Fawcett hospitalized... Josh Hartnett released from hospital... Sarah Palin "disappointed" by Levi Johnson's "Tyra" appearance... Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen re-do wedding ceremony in Costa Rica; bodyguard allegedly fires gun at paparazzo... Cindy Crawford to launch line of housewares for J.C. Penney.

Pix & Vid: Rihanna parties with family in Barbados... The U.K.'s Princess Beatrice unsucessfully tries the front-of-head braid trend.

Crime Watch: Redmond O'Neal (son of Ryan O'Neal and Farrah Fawcett) arrested on new drug charges... Chris Brown arraignment scheduled for today.

Rumor Mill: Samantha Ronson bars Lindsay Lohan from party, house after latest spat; Lilo accuses Ronson of cheating... Paris Hilton planning to marry?... 50 Cent and Ciara dating?... Tom Cruise contemplating "Butch Cassidy" remake?... Former gang member says Whitney Houston once paid $400K to pay off Bobby Brown's drug debts... Keith Urban's tour bus septic tank emptied on New York street... Amy Winehouse buying home in St. Lucia.

By Liz Kelly  | April 6, 2009; 8:32 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: Being [Insert Celebrity's Name Here]
Next: Why Madonna Should Be Allowed to Adopt

Comments

Per the Sarah Palin quote:

"We're disappointed that Levi and his family, in a quest for fame, attention, and fortune, are engaging in flat-out lies, gross exaggeration..."

Like potential mother-in-law, like potential-son-in-law.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | April 6, 2009 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Levi Johnson cements his reputation as a not-too-bright fratboy jerk. I'm not a fan of the Palins, but kissing and telling is low. Especially when your baby mama is still a teenager. I'm thinking Todd Palin, in his official capacity as Alaska's First Dude, needs to put a beat-down on this boy. *That* would make for good TV - Jerry Springer, are you getting this?

Hmm, Verizon had sponsored that Keith Urban tour bus that dumped its tank on Greenwich Village. So now that Verizon has expressed its love for the city, when can New Yorkers expect to see higher telecom bills?

Wee Tom to remake Butch Cassidy? As Sundance?? With John Travolta as Butch??? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Surely, if this classic has to be redone, the Lizards could come up with a better team than this. Friday List, perhaps?

Posted by: northgs | April 6, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

If Tom remakes Butch and Sundance, I can't see him in any other role than Flat Nose Curry. But I'm guessing that's not what he has in mind. The actor that looks the most like the real Butch is Randy Quaid, but the Quaids already had their Western playing the Jameses (or was it the Youngers)? In any event, it seems kinda soon for Paul Newman to be spinning in his grave.

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 6, 2009 9:17 AM | Report abuse

I just feel mean for even looking at the Princess Beatrice picture.

And what the hey? There will be no remake of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid with Tom Cruise. I simply will not allow it.

Posted by: aesully | April 6, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

re: Levi Johnston's big fat mouth, I'd say to Bristol--Lie down with dogs, get up with flea. Now she's got a Levi-spawned flea to deal with for the next rest of her life. Still, you can't expect emotional and intellectual maturity out of a guy at this age. Well, you can expect it, but you won't get it.

Posted by: jelo | April 6, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

How about we just put Tom Cruise in that Hilary Duff remake of "Bonnie and Clyde" and call it a day? Provided he can act as well as she can, that is.

Not sure I trust any item, in this case about Cindy Crawford, that includes the words "J.C. Penny" [sic].

I think that one item should read "Whitney Houston repeatedly paid $400K to pay off her AND Bobby Brown's drug debts."

Right about now, Cheryl Ladd is ... no, I just can't go there. Get well, Farrah!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 6, 2009 9:55 AM | Report abuse

So the paps parked their SUV in "dense brush" and attempted to photograph an event from 300m away. So they knew that the event was private and that they were making money off someone else without permission. Now they are surprised because they were shot at for "trying to take wedding pictures" of an already-married couple. I guess having open season on paparazzi is unique to Costa Rica, but it does appear to be effective.

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 6, 2009 9:58 AM | Report abuse

The Johnson-Palin clan proves that you don't have to be from the South to be White Trash.

Posted by: nonsensical2001 | April 6, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

"Bristol's focus will remain on raising Tripp . . . and advocating abstinence."

I question the wisdom of a statement like that regarding someone who's clearly already opened the barn door, or shut it too late, or whatever.

I'm all for promoting abstinence, but some PR person worked hard to craft what basically amounts to, "Do as I say, not as I do." Odd.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 6, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

You know who could really do butch and sundance?

clooney and pitt.

no, really. (except angelina CANNOT have the etta place role, although she can audition for agnes)

or maybe i just think that because i watched "burn after reading" last night. the coen brothers are so delightfully weird.

As for the Palins and Johnstons, I sure hope the good people of Alaska will think twice next time they go to the polls.

I mean, just since the election (which was embarassing enough):

* Levi's mom arrested for dealing meth
* Levi and Mom go on Tyra Banks and tell all
* Todd's sister arrested for burglary

It's one thing to be quirky and independent. But redneck is as redneck does.

Oh, the drama. Owe the humanity.

Posted by: memphis1 | April 6, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

"What's next? Todd caught cheating on his snowmobile race? Sarah caught cheating on Todd?" --memphis1

I don't know what's next, but I'm thinking the Iditarod will be involved somehow.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 6, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Maybe TC can remake Butch and Sundance as a romantic The Hole-In-the-Wall Gang Hideout Was Really on Brokeback Mountain kind of a twist on the original?

Posted by: ronjaboy | April 6, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

northgs, I totally agree with your sentiment, but I think you are giving Levi too much credit -- you have to graduate from high school and get into college to achieve "fratboy" status.

When exactly will that Whitney Houston comeback album be released? I think I started hearing about it at least a couple of years ago. Can it be any more difficult than coaxing Britney through a comeback album/tour/cogent thought?

Posted by: 44west | April 6, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Seriously, how many country music awards shows are there? There's like 6 of these things...

Posted by: VTDuffman | April 6, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

I guess Farrah is going to be the first of the original cast to hear the phrase "Good morning, Angels" again.

Watching Sarah & Levi's little spat over his remarks leaves one question unanswered: what does that jackass Joe The Not-Really-A-Plumber think?

Princess Bea, that's why you people have tiaras.

SamRo, LiLo, uh-oh.

"Tom Cruise contemplating "Butch Cassidy" remake?" Let's just hope he does all his own stunts and that he can't swim.

Excuse Me While I Kiss This Guy dep't: maybe what Whitney was singing was "I'm paying off those drugs/I'm paying off those drugs/for you."

Unanswered question: did Amy W buy a place that was already a crack house, or will she have the new place renovated?

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 6, 2009 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Bristol's focus will remain on raising Tripp . . . and advocating abstinence
***
her mother must be on crack as bristol never advocated abstinence. in fact, in her recent interview, she commented to the effect that the abstinence only theory doesn't work. and it doesn't.
as far as her former BF goes, folks, lets' face it, these are not topnotch people, either through education or character. so there should be no surprise when anyone affiliated w/this group behaves in a way that is not appropriate. starting w/the governor, who believes it's ok to shoot wolves from airplanes. it goes downhill from there.

Posted by: frieda406 | April 6, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: memphis1 | April 6, 2009 10:08 AM

******

Actually, back in September, the Enquirer claimed that Sarah had cheated on Todd. http://gawker.com/5045218/palin-had-affair-says-enquirer

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 6, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 6, 2009 10:46 AM
=============
You missed the news over the weekend that Amy Winehouse has abandoned her music career in order to buy up toxic real estate assets.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 6, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

What is Sarah Palin more disappointed about? That Levi Johnson talked about having sex with her daughter (which, duh, we all knew about once it was discovered that she was preggers...) or that he claimed that Sarah knew about it all along?

Or...and this is MY theory...that he said all that to TYRA BANKS. There goes the base!

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 6, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 6, 2009 10:46 AM
=============

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 6, 2009 10:58 AM |
==============
And I'm still trying to figure out which one of the Lizards possessed her body over the weekend.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 6, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

At least Keith Urban didn't empty his tour buses septic tank on a boat full of people like Dave Matthews did.

Posted by: buffysummers | April 6, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

I second the get well sentiments to Farrah. And to the O'Neils, stop the foolishness, it certainly doesn't help.

Hey Billy Ray, you should talk to Sarah Palin about what can happen when you allow your daughter's boyfriend to live under the same roof. You're fooling yourself if you think this will help you control them better. Trust me, they're smarter than you (and that ain't sayin much).

Oh poor Madonna, she had to leave Malawi without a new child. That's like asking Posh to leave Saks without a new pair of Manolos.

Hey mdreader, when you find out who possessed AW over the weekend, you better send them to me at the Island clinic for detox. Unfortunately just going to the Tiki bar for a bit o'the hair that bit the dog won't help.

Posted by: hodie | April 6, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

My daily wish for the whole Palin Tripp-Trapp-Trig-Trick whatever-their-names-are clan to go away ... I keep hoping ...

Bristol advocating abstinence -- yeah, talk about bolting the barn door after the horse has fled!!! Hahahahahahaha. And as for Redneck Sarah's comments about people who seek fame at any cost, well honey, people who live in glass houses ...

"Fawcett traveled to Germany for alternative treatment and documented her experiences, footage of which she shared with entertainment television shows in early 2008" ... um, doesn't Farrah have cancer in a rather private area?

Posted by: Californian11 | April 6, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

That Daily Mail UK site is a kick. Who knew Anna Kournikova had a tramp stamp? And I have always suspected Serena Williams has implants; you be the judge:

Posted by: Californian11 | April 6, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

If wee Tom was so impacted by 'Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid' couldn't he and John dress up in 1890's western gear and play cowboys & cops in their backyards? I think this should satisfy wee Tom's desire to be Sundance and save the world from 2 hours of cr p.

Posted by: jes11 | April 6, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Keith Urban's latest release. Brought to you by Verizon.

Good thing that the Webster Hall crew took it on themselves to clean up the mess. If they had tried to call Verizon, they'd be on their 41st call transfer about now. But, not to worry. Verizon would have scheduled a clean-up appointment for next Sunday.

After looking at the Rihanna pix, I think I understand why Chris Brown went postal. Judging by her "package," [see pix near bottom of page], Rihanna is more manly than Chris Brown Either that or she's got a damn fine codpiece.

I look forward to seeing Lewis Black do a Root of All Evil program to determine whether Bristol Palin or Levi Johnston is the bigger piece of white trash. "Lie down with dogs and get fleas," huh? Does that make Tripp Johnston a flea? We already know that he's a b@$tard.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 6, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Californian, Serena Williams seems to have her own set of personal flotation devices.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 6, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Q: What do you have when the glass of a paparazzi mobile is shattered by a bullet?

A: A gunman who needs more time on the target range.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 6, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Okay, that Tom Cruise as Sundance item has made me sick to my stomach. NO NO NO NO NON, NYET, NO!!!!!!! Some movies just CAN NOT be remade. And I'm not seeing Paul Newman giving his blessing to wee Tom, either. Next thing you know Tom will want to remake the Godfather and stick himself in Pacino's shoes. On the other hand, that would probably result in death threats, considering the Godfather is the touchstone for most every man I've ever met. God I HATE this remake trend. I'm still reeling that they're going to do an "updated" "Romancing the Stone" which should be untouchable as well. Arrgh.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 6, 2009 2:03 PM | Report abuse

hey sorcerer's cat, how do you feel about the Land of the Lost remake? ; )

Posted by: hodie | April 6, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

What about Redmond O'Neal and Amy Winehouse in an updated Reefer Madness?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 6, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Tom Cruise contemplating "Butch Cassidy" remake?..

I'm surprised no one brough up the Scientology bent to this, since Cruise and Travolta are members of the same cult...er...church.

Posted by: milesdy | April 6, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Tom Cruise contemplating "Butch Cassidy" remake?..

Posted by: milesdy | April 6, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

So instead of riding off into the sunset to Raindrops keep fallin on my head, they are beamed up on a spaceship and.....Naw! I'm with you folks, can't happen!

Posted by: hodie | April 6, 2009 2:34 PM | Report abuse

I look forward to reading, sometime in the next couple of years, the announcement that Bristol Palin will pose nude for Playboy.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 6, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Tom Cruise contemplating "Butch Cassidy" remake?..

Posted by: milesdy | April 6, 2009 2:29 PM

Posted by: hodie | April 6, 2009 2:34 PM |
=======

Engrams keep filling up my brain
I've so many audits that the e-meter was strained.
They billed me yet again!
But engrams keep coming yes, those engrams keep coming...

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 6, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Sas

Well, as a young woman her mom paraded around in a red swimsuit and high heels for money (Miss Alaska context), then got knocked up outside wedlock. So maybe the acorn (or other nut) won't fall far from the tree.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 6, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

contest (although context actually works)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 6, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

"Well, as a young woman her mom paraded around in a red swimsuit and high heels for money (Miss Alaska context)"

-----------------------------------------

How does this differ from a Realtor or mortgage broker?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 6, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

-----------------------------------------
How does this differ from a Realtor or mortgage broker?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 6, 2009 3:35 PM |
=================
Or a lizard-possessed Amy Winehouse buying up St. Lucia real estate?

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 6, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

This one's for chasmosaur...

Took one look at that Carrie Underwood photo and thought 'What was Roger Clemens the presenter? it looks like Carrie Underwood channelling Mindy McCready dodging a fastball while wearing Roger's favorite outfit - a simple white sheet.'

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | April 6, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse