Posted at 8:09 AM ET, 04/13/2009

Madonna Makes Malawi Adoption Plea; Harrelson Says He Mistook Paparazzo for 'Zombie'

By Liz Kelly
Monday

Headlines: Madonna makes adoption plea in Malawi newspaper... Fergie, Ziggy Marley to perform at White House Easter egg roll... Booed Billy Bob Thornton cuts Canadian music tour short... Woody Harrelson says he mistook persistent paparazzo for a zombie... "Hannah Montana: The Movie" makes $34 million in weekend box office... Tara Reid starring in seventh "American Pie" movie (why yes, it is going straight to DVD).

Video: Zac Efron spoofs "High School Musical" on "SNL":

Rumor Mill: Chris Brown dating old flame?... Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson still speaking, says friend; SamRo already dating someone new?... TomKat sending Suri to Scientology school?... Brangelina planning to adopt from Philippines?... Amy Winehouse's husband expecting child with another woman?... A-Rod dating "Real Housewife" Bethenny Frankel?... "Gossip Girl" producers worried about Ed Westwick's weight gain?

Say What?
"It's such a perverted movie. It's all about Ecstasy. I swear! Look it up online." -- Soon-to-be-ex Disney tween star Miley Cyrus.

By Liz Kelly  | April 13, 2009; 8:09 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Woody Harrelson Pushed to the Edge by Paparazzo?
Next: Gwyneth Paltrow and Celebrity Pseudo-Science

Comments

Madonna's "adoption plea": Dom SWF, youthful 50, ISO young man for companionship & eventual caretaking. Must be willing to relocate.

Movie idea for Woody Harrelson: "Attack of the Zombie Papparazzi".

When asked why Chris Brown night be dating an old flame, Rihanna replied, "beats me."

Brangelina's other kids won't be happy if they adopt from the Philippines - you know how kids hate a tagalog.

Miley, you're mistaken. "The Princess Bride" is all about Ecstasy. "Alice in Wonderland" is about LSD. It's sad how little kids know about drugs these days.

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 13, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Americans would be wise to take Canada's lead in cutting back on the gravy.

Woody did what any loving dad would do when his daughter was threatened by a Zombie Paparazzo.

Posted by: hodie | April 13, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse

I thought Alice In Wonderland was about 'shrooms. That's what the dormouse said.

Posted by: yellojkt | April 13, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Sounds to me like Miley is speaking from personal experience there... she'd best watch out, the mouse has a bad temper.

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | April 13, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Chris Brown dating old flame?

Maybe he wants to beat out the fire.

TomKat sending Suri to Scientology school?

You have to start 'em young if you want to make sure they don't learn to think critically.

Amy Winehouse's husband expecting child with another woman?

I bet HE wasn't expecting that, and if true, then HE's not the one who's pregnant. Sure hope his substance abuse won't cause genetic defects that the fetus can inherit (Dr. hodie?).

A-Rod dating "Real Housewife" Bethenny Frankel.

Is A-Rod still a real baseball player, or just a player now?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 13, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

I would pay every dollar I have not to see that Hannah Montana movie.

Posted by: jaybbub | April 13, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I'm not going to defend Madge today. I will defend Harrelson, though. I don't think he was mistaken about the zombie part.

The more Miley talks, the less sense she makes. I think there is a lesson there.

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 13, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Wait! So, if Tara Reid is starring in the 7th American Pie movie, that means there have been 6 others. Is that true?! Where have I been?

Posted by: JLRGG | April 13, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

... "Hannah Montana: The Movie" makes $34 million in weekend box office

Wasn't that mentioned in Revelations? Should we be worried?

Posted by: memphis1 | April 13, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

I like the zombie defense almost as much as Johnny Depp blaming an armadillo monster for his trashed hotel room.

Posted by: otherliz | April 13, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

--------------------------------------------
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!

Gad! Jeeze! Where's the Pun Febreze?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 13, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

I got sucked into the daily mail site again-- did anybody else see the item about melanie griffith watching antonio banderas participate in an easter procession in malaga, spain?

When i first saw the picture, I though it was a publicity still of Madeline Kahn from Blazing Saddles...

Monday. Need. More. Coffee.

Posted by: memphis1 | April 13, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

I noticed in that Daily Mail article about the $cientolotot Suri that Katie was going back to LA to "try" for another baby.

It didn't say what or who she was gonna try with, a turkey baster, Tom (ew) or some other alien all together.

Speaking of Tom Cruise, I just re-watched Risky Business this weekend on TVLand & remembered not only how much I dug him back then but what a great movie that was. It hit right around the time VCRs hit & in our teen years we must've watched it a billion times. Even saw it in the theatre with some unsuspecting grown-up.

Just checked IMDB, it was pre-Xenu, you know, before those pesky Thetans invaded his bod.

I can still recite large chunks of that flick, including the great "WTF" speech.

I MISS that Tom Cruise.

Posted by: wadejg | April 13, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

@ JLRGG - http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=american+pie

Posted by: dcnative71 | April 13, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Every time I see a photo of SamRo, I think it's Kate Moss' ex. You know, that druggie singer guy? Is it the hat or the colorless dead-looking circles-under-eyes visage?

Right on, Nosy. Or even, learn to think at all. What would be news to me, is if the Cruises DIDN'T send Suri to $cientolocult school.

So it's the Philippines today, huh, Brangelina? A house in Manila will soon follow. Poor India, how did they get the shaft?

Ya missed an item, Liz. ;-) Spike Jonze and Michelle Williams have reportedly moved in together. Glad to see her happy.

Posted by: Californian11 | April 13, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

"Oh, just wait until Miley hears about Puff the Magic Dragon and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds." --hodie

And Marrakesh Express, the name Doobie Brothers, hidden meanings behind certain Van Halen and Hootie & The Blowfish album titles, and . . . poor Miley.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 13, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, generally it isn't a problem. Drugs and alcohol can cause abnormal sperm but those aren't usually the ones that are successful in fertilization. It is however, a big problem when the mother uses during pregnancy. Let's hope Amy never decides to or more likely accidentally, procreates. That's your science lesson for the day, boys and girls.

Posted by: hodie | April 13, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Thanks, doc.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 13, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Yup, the old armadillo monster excuse is a handy one. Can't tell you how many times it's gotten me out of trouble!

Posted by: memphis1 | April 13, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

While the Alice in Wonderland stories have lots of trippy references, they are not about LSD. Alice was written in 1865, while LSD was first synthesized in 1938.

Posted by: buffysummers | April 13, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

It's not sad how kids know about drugs, knowledge is good. What's bad is that ecstasy is illegal. Ecstasy should be legal. Don't laugh. A group of 20,000 very serious policemen, prosecutors attorneys and citizens have formed a group to legalize ALL drugs, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (http://leap.cc ) They see what happened when we legalized alcohol in 1932 as a good example of how drug legalization would work. We can't stop drugs. They're sick of chasing drug users and sending innocent people to prison for decades just because they like to get high. This foolish war on drugs has lasted 37 years and cost us over a TRILLION dollars and we are not an inch closer to stopping drugs. How many millions of Americans are we going to lock up in prison for decades? Legalize ALL drugs now. Mark Montgomery boboberg@nyc.rr.com

Posted by: boboberg | April 13, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

-------------------------------------------
After the success of Slumdog Millionaire, I thought they'd be clamoring for one of those kids.

Posted by: beaker1 | April 13, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Miley was confusing the Disney film w/the Jefferson Airplane song 'White Rabbit'

Posted by: jes11 | April 13, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Oh, jes11, just go ask Alice!

Posted by: elias_howe | April 13, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: buffysummers | April 13, 2009 12:02 PM

*****

There's a BOOK?!?!?!

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 13, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Wasn't that mentioned in Revelations? Should we be worried?

No, but the Lindbergh baby was noted in passing.

Posted by: elias_howe | April 13, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

So Robyn Gibson has finally had enough of Mel's shenanigans. Between the alcohol issues and the messing around I can't believe she stayed with him this long. Surprised that only one of their six kids is still a minor. After 28 years of marriage "some jewelry and some property" aren't all she's going to get -- how much did he make on Passion of the Christ? 200 million?

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 13, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 13, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

They don't spell out that the property will be essential parts of Mel's anatomy.

Posted by: jes11 | April 13, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Nice jes! Just read somewhere that he's reportedly worth 900 million, they married without a prenup, and california is a 50-50 community property state, so she's going to do quite all right out of the deal. It also said they've been separated for two and a half years.

That Hannah Montana movie made so much money is surely a sign of the apocalypse.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 13, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Well, Miley Cyrus is half-right. The book sure does reference SOME kind of drug! Just not ecstasy, and it's not the main point of the book/films. Opium, yes. Mushrooms, sure. We're all mad here.

You can read all about it online.....

Hodie, that cracked me up. Funny thing is that Peter, Paul, and Mary claim a more innocent meaning to the song. Ozzy also claimed that "Sweet Leaf" was only about a brand of tobacco, and not the wacky kind. I'm waiting for Eric Clapton to disavow "Cocaine" next.

Posted by: DCCubefarm | April 13, 2009 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Perhaps Mrs Gibson finally got tired of Mel's telling her that she is damned.

Now it's his turn.

Go to H*ll, Mel.

As ever,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | April 13, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Mudge, that means that if Mel wants to marry someone else in his church, he'll need an annulment from the mother of his many children, making them basturds. Lovely.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 13, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

I see Mia Farrow with fangs is maybe at it again. Note to self, maybe children are spring's latest accessory.

Posted by: caroleg1 | April 13, 2009 3:16 PM | Report abuse

right you are, Nosy.

Of course he can always resort to that solitary mortal sin . . .

Tsk, tsk,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | April 13, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker

Nosy, they're already bastards since I don't believe Mrs. Gibson was Catholic. My great great aunt used to call me a bastard when I was a kid because my Catholic mother married my Baptist father...good times.

Posted by: milesdy | April 13, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Wouldn't it be hilarious in a karmic way if Robyn Gibson's lawyer is Jewish?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 13, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and by the way, happy birthday Mr Jefferson.

Your friend,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | April 13, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Wouldn't it be hilarious in a karmic way if Robyn Gibson's lawyer is Jewish?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot

Sas,

That would be perverse, but oddly appropriate and probably unavoidable.

Sincerely,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | April 13, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: milesdy | April 13, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

--------------------------------------------
I was raised Catholic, but my father still called me a bastard. I always thought he was being affectionate. Now I wonder.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 13, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Wouldn't it be hilarious in a karmic way if Robyn Gibson's lawyer is Jewish?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 13, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

I already find it hilarious in a karmic way that the man who thinks the pope isn't conservative enough is headed for divorce court.

Posted by: jes11 | April 13, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

R.I.P., Marilyn Chambers. http://tinyurl.com/dncglg

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 13, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Longtime Philadelphia Phillies broadcaster Harry Kalas... died Monday after being found passed out in the broadcast booth before a game against the Washington Nationals. He was 73.

I realize this is sad news, but the way the wire has written it, it sounds like the set-up for so many punchline (especially considering that second prize is TWO weeks in Philadelphia, or that on the whole I'd rather be in Philadelphia...).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 13, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, if he had died while broadcasting a home game, Philadelphia fans would probably have given him a ceremonial Booooo.

Meanwhile, let's see if the Nats keep their "perfect" record intact.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 13, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse

R.I.P., Marilyn Chambers. http://tinyurl.com/dncglg

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 13, 2009 3:39 PM
-------------------------------------------
Is there any truth to the rumor that her body was found floating in the bathtub next to a bar of Ivory soap?

Regards to the Lindbergh baby.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 13, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Sas et al., "Rarely seen in public, Moore is a fundamentalist Catholic and former dental nurse who met the "Mad Max" star in Australia."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 13, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

On Google News, "Spector jury has reached a verdict"
Los Angeles Times - ‎36 minutes ago‎

The decision, which comes after nearly 32 hours of deliberations over nine days, will be read at 1:30 pm [PDT], according to the LA Superior Court’s public information office...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 13, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

If Spector gets acquitted, maybe he can give Mel lessons on how to get by with a "Divorce, Italian Style."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 13, 2009 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Nosy,

Who's this "Moore" dame?

Maybe Mel can get his marraige annuled by claiming disparity of cult. Robyn was a ('gulp') non-catholic, you see.

Curiouser and curiouser, I am,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | April 13, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Robyn Moore Gibson. According to the Daily News, she was also a fundamentalist Catholic.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 13, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Good call, 'Mudge, TJ is the MAN!

And Californian, is that Spike Jonze as in the ex-Mr. Sophia Coppola? Well, I guess he has a bit of a type....at least when it comes to face shape...maybe.

Posted by: eet7e | April 13, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Nosy,

huh.

oh well, my bad.

eeet7e,

yes indeed, TJ is the MAN. He's mon.

Respectfully,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | April 13, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Spector found guilty

Posted by: milesdy | April 13, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

"I thought once Mel had been quoted agreeing that his wife couldn't go to heaven because she wasn't a Catholic . . ."

I had read this too, mudge. Though this was before Mel went all batsh*t crazy, maybe she converted.

Posted by: milesdy | April 13, 2009 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, milesdy.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 13, 2009 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, milesdy.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker

I can't believe I was actually first with this breaking news, I'm usually 2 or 3 lizards behind. Just happened to check CNN.com when it came across.

Posted by: milesdy | April 13, 2009 5:28 PM | Report abuse

milesdy, You da bomb today!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 13, 2009 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Did you see that photo of Phil Spector on Yahoo News?

eeeeew!

This is why he needs to stay in the booth safely hidden behind the wall of sound.

Rock on anyhow,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | April 13, 2009 5:35 PM | Report abuse

milesdy, did you catch this section of the article?

In closing arguments at the retrial, prosecutor Truc Do... pointed out that Clarkson bought new shoes on the day she died -- something a suicidal woman would not do.

True dat!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 13, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse

True dat!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 13, 2009 5:37 PM

--------------------------------------------
Unlike Clint Eastwood's character in Gran Torino, who buys his funeral suit earlier on the day he sacrifices himself.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 13, 2009 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Sas, I believe Hax can setttle this difference of opinion.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 13, 2009 6:02 PM | Report abuse