Posted at 7:22 AM ET, 04/29/2009

Mel Gibson and Girlfriend Make Public Debut; Sarah Jessica Parker Expecting Twins via Surrogate

By Liz Kelly

Mel Gibson and girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva make their public debut at Tuesday's 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' premiere in Hollywood. (Getty Images)
Wednesday

Headlines: Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick expecting twins via surrogate... Despite swine flu, Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas... Hugh Jackman vows to return to Mexico... F-bomb dropping Julia Roberts leads tribute to Tom Hanks... Paris Hilton's boyfriend beats down groper... Prince Harry set for first official U.S. visit... Jamie Lynn Spears's baby daddy moved out of ICU... Paul McCartney and Pam Anderson, veggie pen pals... Michael Douglas returning in "Wall Street" sequel... Linda Hogan asks for alimony increase because of Hulk's O.J. comments.

Crime Watch: Court orders Sam Lutfi to stay away from Britney Spears for three years... Two Bahamians plead not guilty in alleged John Travolta extortion case.

Rumor Mill: Jon Gosselin (of "Jon and Kate Plus 8") spotted clubbing with mystery woman, claims Us... Jamie Foxx to mentor "Idol" hopefuls... Susan Boyle life story book?... Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard set to marry?

By Liz Kelly  | April 29, 2009; 7:22 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Mother's Day Gift Guide: Hollywood Wax
Next: Product Testing: Lindsay Lohan's Sevin Nyne Spray Tanner

Comments

Snore alert!

"Jon Gosselin (of "Yawn and Hate Plus 8") spotted clubbing with mystery woman"

Wow! There's a shocker!

"Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick expecting twins via surrogate"

Susan Boyle wins beauty prize.

Posted by: jezebel3 | April 29, 2009 8:03 AM | Report abuse

SJP expecting via surrogate--why would we expect anything else?

I didn't know Tom Hanks was dead, but I suspect Julia's dropping of f-bombs was a reaction to the Supreme Court decision yesterday regarding the use of swear words being too effing casual.

Couple of days ago we have pics of Jacko and kids wearing masks (which we all appreciate, btw) and now Mr. Jackman vows to return to Mexico? Jacko-Jackman. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Nice pic of Mel and his granddaughter.

Wouldna thought there'd ever be any connexion between Sir Paul and Pammy. Just goes to show you.

Now if we could just get the court to order the rest of us to stay away from Brit-Brit for 3 years...

If I were married to Kate I'd be hiting the clubs too.

What do we call Maggie and Peter? Gyllengaard?

If Lilo hooks up with Lily Tomlin, will they be Lily Li?

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 29, 2009 8:44 AM | Report abuse

If there is a God, "Speidi" will get the swine flu while on their honeymoon in Mexico.

Posted by: VTDuffman | April 29, 2009 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Heincer going to Cabo despite Swine flu outbreak. Well heck yeah, you can't get money back on a trip you didn't pay for.

Not enough (....) between that Paris Hilton story and the Prince Harry story. Was worried for a minute our favorite prince got 'imself in a spot of trouble a'gin.

WTF is a veggie pen pal (I suppose if Julia can drop f-bombs then it must be ok).

Liz, the Jaimie Foxx mentor story is not a rumor. It already happened. It was on last night.

Posted by: hodie | April 29, 2009 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Hi Lizards, been out sick (crossing my fingers that it's not swine flu), so I've got some catching up to do. Apologies if I copy what someone else has already sad.

RIP Bea. I always liked your character on Golden Girls. Your name was Dorothy and my mom's name is Dorothy. Also loved you as the unemployment lady in History of the World, Part 1.

Desmond, say it isn't so!

I have a twitter account, but had stopped using it due to boredom. I think that misfortune cookie feed might be the thing to get me back on it.

SJP's surrogate....hmmm, plot point for SATC 2? Carrie and Big want to have kids, but she's old and dried up, so they get a surrogate, like Ugly Betty, or Friends.

Susan Boyle's life story: Woke up, fed the cat, played with the cat, had lunch, had tea, fed the cat, went to bed.

Julia Roberts' mouth doesn't surprise me, maybe because I just watched Erin Brockovich. What really floored me was when I heard Zach Braff swear for the first time. JD and the puppy from the TP commercial are not supposed to swear!

Posted by: eet7e | April 29, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse

All you have to do is watch "Jon and Kate Plus 8" for one episode to know that this guy is very unhappy and wants to get the heck out of there.

Posted by: buffysummers | April 29, 2009 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone else see the resemblence between Oksana and Octomom (heck even their names start with the same letter, coincidence - I THINK NOT!)...

Posted by: LTL1 | April 29, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

"Maggie Gyllenhaal-Sarsgaard"
Sorry, this can not be allowed as you have exceeded the limit of allowable "a"s.

Posted by: VaLGaL | April 29, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

"Nice pic of Mel and his granddaughter." reddragon1, you've outdone yourself!

Let's see....

"Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick expecting twins via surrogate" -- neigh it ain't so! Last weekend, I caught the last 15 minutes of the SATC movie on cable. What a piece of schlocky dreck. Embarassingly bad. No sequel, please!

"F-bomb dropping Julia Roberts leads tribute to Tom Hanks" -- OK, we get it Julia. You are just the Anybodys to the Oceans 11/Tom Hanks version of the Jets. One of the guys. But the rest of us aren't as fascinated by that fact as you are.

"Michael Douglas returning in 'Wall Street' sequel" -- working title, "I Got Young Kids Again and I'm Really Too Old for This and Catherine's Making Me Do This Film Since the 529 Account Balances Tanked."

"Court orders Sam Lutfi to stay away from Britney Spears for three years" -- Lucky, lucky Sam. Would that we all had that restriction.

"Two Bahamians plead not guilty in alleged John Travolta extortion case." -- Are the Bahamians related to that Fiji guy John was with the other day?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 29, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

PS I thought Michael Douglas was all, "that was a role I played 20 years ago!" about Gordon Gecko. Guess Catherine Zeta-Jones must have found some way to mellow him out. Or else the offer of money...

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 29, 2009 10:06 AM | Report abuse

eet7e, if you really think you may have influenza, call your doc right away. You only have a short window of time where Tamiflu or other antivirals can be effective. Otherwise you'll have to grin and bear it . Get well soon!

Posted by: hodie | April 29, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick expecting twins via surrogate...

It's terrible that we're all here wishing Heincer would catch swine flu. Especially when being carried out to sea in a rip tide is so much more dramatic.

"F-bomb dropping Julia Roberts" - if there is anything sexier than a pretty woman with a foul mouth, I don't know what it is.

Here's how famous Jon Gosselin is: even "mystery woman" didn't know he had a tv show.

Unlike her appearance on "Scotswomen Sing For Their Supper," or whatever it was called, you *will* be able to judge the Susan Boyle's life story book by its cover.

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 29, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

I left the "Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick expecting twins via surrogate..." joke unfinished.

The kids - two girls - will be called "Dorothy" and "Friend of Dorothy."

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 29, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Were SJP and Matthew Brod feeling just too left out of the "everyone in Hollywood has twins" craze, or what?

Posted by: Amelia5 | April 29, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

LTL1-in a word, yes. I had exactly the same thought.

byoolin, just to be safe, I think carried out on a rip tide and devoured by a shark with swine flu should be what we're looking for.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | April 29, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

ok this sjp thing

are they doing this via surrogate because of some medical condition? or is it merely one of those 'i'm one of those horrible nightmare women that cant stand the idea of being fat or having to spend 9 months of my life restricting my life so very much'...

If it's medical - great!!! I'm very very happy for them. If it's the other - as I really fear it is - then i hope she gets hit by a bus.

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | April 29, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

I think "Speidi" are robots, so no worries about their choice of vacation spots.

Posted by: kvs71 | April 29, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

I LOVE that Heincer is do PR on their honeymoon, man how's THAT for a six word autobiography: "Called Seacrest while on our honeymoon." I was surprised they didn't try to mount a TomKat style extravaganza (3 days of constant photo ops.) However, apparently Heidi DID invite the media to watch her purchase wedding jewelry (see today's gofugyourself) so we don't have to worry that marriage will "change" our girl into something mature and unrecognizable.

Posted by: ishkabibbleA | April 29, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ASinMoCo | April 29, 2009 11:03 AM

****

What did a shark ever do to you that you'd want to feed Heincer to it?

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 29, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

I'm all for the sequels to "Wall Street" and "Sex in the City" and I have the scripts all ready to go for both.

Wall Street v. 2.0:
Gordon Gecko discovers credit default swaps and along the way, teams up with an old pal, Bernie Madoff. His only legitimate investment was an outfit that trained CIA agents how to waterboard prisoners. So, he spends his time, these days, on the lam from several Senate committees who are vying for his testimony.

Sex in the City, the Movie v. 2.0

Mr. Big is not Mr. Not-So-Big as his sunbelt and California real estate investments tank. The newspaper Carrie writes for goes belly up. They are forced to move to Queens and Carrie begins selling her shoe collection on eBay.

Miranda, let go from her law firm, is forced to consider working on Bernie Madoff's defense team. This puts her in conflict with Charlotte, who's husband lost his entire fortune investing with Madoff.

And then, there's Samantha, who, now that the PR business has completely dried up, is considering entering into the reality TV contest show, "The Cougar."

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 29, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

During Jon Gosselin wild night out, wife Kate was promoting her book, "Eight Little Faces" -- and that's just her autobiography. Wait 'til she writes about the kids!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 29, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Jesus, Mel, at least let the body cool. How tacky.

And yes, LTL1 -- first thing I noticed!!!
Striking resemblance to Octomom/Angelina Jolie/Megan Fox. Long dark hair and ginormous lips seem to be the new black.

I wonder how much paperwork is involved in having a surrogate when you're a world-famous, uber-rich celeb. Even regular folks have problems with surrogates; how do people like SJP avoid blackmail, extortion, the surrogate changing her mind, etc.?

quintiliusvarus - I doubt it's weight, more likely age-related. SJP is a bit long in the tooth to get pregnant naturally, and who knows, maybe they tried IVF and it didn't take or something. I have friends in their late 30s and early 40s who have done the same. Childbearing years don't last forever.

Posted by: Californian11 | April 29, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Jon Gosselin obviously went to the Bobby Brown School of Reality Television, where you learn to build a glass house and throw stones at it.

How sad that the only thing Casey Aldridge was known for (before the crash) was that he was a sperm donor to a sister of someone who used to be pretty famous.

I only wish we can say the same about Spencer Pratt, someday.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 29, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse

mdreader01, for that to happen, Spencer the Prat would have to spawn first. So no, I don't wish that we can say that about him some day.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | April 29, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

quintiliusvarus - SJP is 44, I believe, which would put her in the "dangerous pregnancy" category. I'm just kind of surprised she went the surrogate route instead of the ubiquitous hollywood-foreign-adoption route.

Thanks, hodie. I'm actually feeling much better, and I never had a fever, just a cough and no voice.

Posted by: eet7e | April 29, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

If I were married to Kate Gosselin, I'd try to escape and make out with 19 year olds, too.

Posted by: Caitlin41282 | April 29, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

I think SJP went the surrogate route so that she could up her odds of having twins (like Octomom).

Twins = Hollywood's new Manolo Blahniks!

Posted by: Amelia5 | April 29, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

No Linda, you don't get more money because your husband is an idiot. Alimony is based on income and supporting your lifestyle. I know you want ot keep your new boytoy happy by buying him off, but you will just have to use your own money for that.

Posted by: epjd | April 29, 2009 1:59 PM | Report abuse

I'm not understanding the Kate hate here. Her actions toward Jon on a TV show (most of which are probably scripted and staged) do not give Jon an excuse to be an immature, frat-brother, brat.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 29, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

What did a shark ever do to you that you'd want to feed Heincer to it?

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 29, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

I really hate snakes, how about they get bitten by a poinsonous snake w/swine flu?

Posted by: jes11 | April 29, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

My theory on the Sarah Jessica Parker surrogate pregnancy: she wants to fit into all those cool designer clothes in the upcoming "Sex and the City" movie.

And one last word on the Gosselins. They are yet another couple that proves the Celebritology maxim that renewing your marriage vows is the kiss of death for any celebrity marriage.

Someone should be collecting these maxims.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 29, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Paris Hilton's boyfriend beats off groper?

Where does the line form?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 29, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to know how SJP and her husband are handling the surrogacy, since formal surrogate pregnancy arrangements aren't legally recognized in New York State.

Michael Douglas to return for Wall Street sequel. As who, the too old for the job but can't be forced to retire chief executive who's on the golf course while his company implodes?

Posted by: northgs | April 29, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Of course SJP has to use a surrogate to foal if Matthew Broderick is planning to run her in the Derby this year.

Posted by: MStreet1 | April 29, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Sploot! Thanks MStreet!

Jamie Foxx was a really good mentor on Idol.

I'm so enjoying the mental image of Heincer being sucked out to sea by a rip tide...imagining the invited cameramen on the beach waving back cheerfully as Heincer waves frantically and gradually disappears from view....

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 29, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

A friend of mine was due on Saturday and made her ob/gyn induce her Friday so her baby didn't share a birthday with Speidi's anniversary.

Posted by: stefs624 | April 29, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

"I'm not understanding the Kate hate here. Her actions toward Jon on a TV show (most of which are probably scripted and staged)"

From what I've heard, they're probably not scripted or staged. Appearantly she's even worse to the production staff.

"do not give Jon an excuse to be an immature, frat-brother, brat."

I don't know that anyone's excusing it (I'm not). Saying "I understand" or "I can see why" is not the same thing as excusing the behavior. Just MHO.

Posted by: VTDuffman | April 29, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

I've seen the Jon & Kate show a couple of times. If you look in the dictionary under the term "henpecked", you do see a picture of Jon. But yes, agree w/y'all, it does not excuse his behavior.

Posted by: hodie | April 29, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | April 29, 2009 3:35 PM
=====================
In that same dictionary, Matt Roloff is standing right next to him. And you don't see Matt doing anythin....

OK. I'm now on an official JimBob Duggar watch.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 29, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

If Kate is such a shrew, and Jon cannot tame her, he should retain a divorce lawyer......then ask Mel Gibson for his discard list....all in iambic pentameter.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 29, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Loving the snark today!!

Jon and Kate - aren't they divorcing every other day? It will happen eventually. His pic is definitely listed under henpecked.

Mel may look like he's with his Granddaughter, but she's 39..not so young. He's 53 but looking older these days.

Heincer-I have to agree with the poster who said they are robots, hence safe from swine flu. But not from waves, sharks or snakes so there is hope.

Posted by: Vienna8425 | April 29, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Whoa. I thought the Kate Hate was fierce on this blog. I was WRONG! I ventured over to the Detroit Free Press, which is sponsoring a two-day visit with Kate Gosselin in May.

Owe the ignominy!

Here's my favorite comment (from "gotime":)

"It's great that the dad has a well-documented account of his life being slowly sucked out of him."

I stand corrected. Not only is Kate Hate real, but Detroit has raised it to an art form.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 29, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse