Posted at 7:40 AM ET, 04/22/2009

Paula Abdul Says She's Never Been Drunk; Mariah Carey Named Least Green Celeb

By Liz Kelly

Russell Crowe and Helen Mirren at the London premiere of their film 'State of Play' on Tuesday. (AP)

Wednesday

Headlines: Mariah Carey tops list of least green celebrities (Leonardo DiCaprio, Oprah named greenest)... Paula Abdul says she's never been drunk... Mia Farrow to begin Darfur hunger strike... Doctor says Farrah Fawcett weighs 101 lbs., not 86 (as claimed by son Redmond)... "Slumdog" trust hires social worker for young star Rubina Ali... Lawrence Taylor cut from "Dancing With the Stars"... Lauren Conrad launching clothing line for Kohl's... Melissa Joan Hart says she once turned down $1 million Playboy offer... Foo Fighter Dave Grohl and wife welcome second daughter Harper Willow... Jill Scott gives birth to son Jett Hamilton... Jimmy Dean unharmed in fire at Virginia farm.

Pix & Video: "Lost's" Jorge Garcia makes his own Halloween costumes (video)... Lindsay Lohan shows off her svelte rib cage... Lisa Rinna's new Playboy cover.

Rumor Mill: Former employee says Madonna barely spends time with children... Rep denies reports of weekend wedding for Uma Thurman and Arpad Busson... Cher and Chastity Bono headed to reality TV?

Say What?
"I did speculate about that because when I saw the sonogram, all I could think about was, 'Oh my God, does his nose look large?'" -- Tori Spelling on her first reaction to son Liam.

By Liz Kelly  | April 22, 2009; 7:40 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Susan Boyle -- From Obscurity to Stardom to Unlikely Lightning Rod
Next: Celebrity Life Lesson No. 1,254: Terrence Howard, Escape Artist

Comments

In her defense, Mariah Carey *is* near the top of the list of celebrities who make ME turn green.

"Paula Abdul says she's never been drunk..." because technically the Vicodin kicked in first.

"Mia Farrow to begin Darfur hunger strike." Is this a "when in Rome" thing?

Melissa Joan Hart: "my brother had that [Maxim] cover shoved in his face for months." Shoved under his mattress, more like.

LiLo seems to think she's in some sort of race with Mia Farrow and Farrah Fawcett.

Playboy's Unabashed Dictionary defines "Lisa Rinna's lips" as the most pneumatic feature in this month's issue.

"Former employee says Madonna barely spends time with children..." News reports featuring Jesus Luz would seem to say otherwise.

Isn't that sweet - Tori Spelling's son has her gigantic honker. (But let's hope he inherited Dean's acting ability.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 22, 2009 8:14 AM | Report abuse

Paula, Paula, Paula... Just because you can't remember it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Guess the Deans shouldn't have had "breakfast for dinner" the other night.

Great idea, Mia Farrow! The Olsen twins and Nicole Ritchie are kicking themselves now that they realized they missed a golden publicity opportunity. It's not like they eat anyway, might as well have gotten something out of it.

Posted by: northgs | April 22, 2009 8:46 AM | Report abuse

"Russell Crowe and Helen Mirren at the London premiere of their film 'State of Play' on Tuesday "

I like Helen's coat, her dress is too tight, did she lose her comb?

"Jimmy Dean unharmed in fire at Virginia farm."

Good ole Jimmy Dean, the snark lover's dream. For starters, Jimmy is 80, how old is the missus?

Posted by: jezebel3 | April 22, 2009 9:15 AM | Report abuse

I object, everyone knows that Kermit the Frog is the greenest celebrity.

Hey Paula, you know those cute little frozen drinks they bring you with the umbrellas...Hey and Rum'n'Coke is not a new CocaCola flavor.

Posted by: hodie | April 22, 2009 9:21 AM | Report abuse

all the good snark lines are already taken. This is all I've got: Seeing Sabrina the Teenage Witch naked would probably have been a lot like seeing Laurie Partridge naked: not worth the price of the magazine. Sorry her brothers had to suffer for something like that.

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 22, 2009 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Clarissa Bares It All

Posted by: yellojkt | April 22, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Looks like Lilo hasn't lost any weight in her implants.

Posted by: msame | April 22, 2009 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Re: The State of Play red carpet shot: I'm inclined to believe that Russell Crowe got her in a headlock and gave her a noogie just before they took the picture.

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | April 22, 2009 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Paula, honey, you might want to use the "I was drunk" excuse for some of your behavior. Don't throw it away so fast.

This reminds me of Britney's first vegas marriage to some high school classmate, where her publicist kept saying "she definitely was NOT drunk."

Drunk is sometimes a better explanation than the truth...(I'm stupid; I have no judgment; I always say yes, etc.)

Posted by: Amelia5 | April 22, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

"seeing Laurie Partridge naked: not worth the price of the magazine"

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 22, 2009 9:24 AM

*****

Really?

I spent a significant portion of my formative years hoping/wishing/imagining this very thing. (And now I'm having a flashback and it's *still* very good.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 22, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Guess the Deans shouldn't have had "breakfast for dinner" the other night.

Posted by: northgs | April 22, 2009 8:46 AM | Report abuse

"The First Thing Ev'ry Morning and the Last Thing Ev'ry Night"...

Posted by: jezebel3 | April 22, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

The very idea of calling Oprah the greenest celebrity is truly the biggest lie I have ever heard. (Besides, she doesn't want to SAVE the Earth, she wants to OWN it.)

What is the world coming to when Sabrina the Teenage Witch courts Playboy offers? I blame Oprah.

There really WAS a fire at Jimmy Dean's farm yesterday? I thought mdreader was kidding in yesterday's comments.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 22, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

--"Jimmy Dean unharmed in fire at Virginia farm." But he *was* smoked to perfection.--

coffee ->-> monitor

We should have a Snark Hall of Fame.

Posted by: memphis1 | April 22, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Uma. Arpad. Arpad. Uma.

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Uma.
Uma who?
Uma Busson.
Uma Busson what?
Uma Busson tables. Uma waitress.

"Lean girl: An on edge Lindsay Lohan looked rail-thin as she hit LA's Melrose Avenue yesterday." -- rails everywhere objected to the comparison.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 22, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

I *heart* Jorge Garcia.

Posted by: Osteph | April 22, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

There's a Slum Dog trust? With a house? So basically, the dad lied when he said the producers reneged on buying a house or taking care of the family? Face it, guy is just a greedy b*sterd.

Posted by: epjd | April 22, 2009 10:14 AM | Report abuse

"Uma Busson tables."

Well played, sir. Well played.

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 22, 2009 10:17 AM | Report abuse

If Cher and Chastity do a reality show, let's hope each episode ends with Cher carrying Chas in her arms and singing, "I Got Your Babe." I can dream.

While Cher has a large diverse fanbase, I imagine this audience would skew heavily toward gay men who would a) salivate over Cher's every word and move and b) critique Chastity's wardrobe. "What Not to Cher"?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 22, 2009 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Mariah Carey the least green? Her skin tone seems to me to be more green than that of Bono, Oprah, or Ed Begley, Jr.

Will Lawrence Taylor use golf to recover from his DWTS ordeal in the same way that he used golf to recover from his cocaine addiction?

How do we know that the Maxim cover was shoved in the face of Melissa Joan Hart's brother? Maybe they had it sat...err... set on his face.

I wonder if, in the spirit of forgiveness and reconciliation, Cher and Chastity Bono will plant a tree for Earth Day.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 22, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

And if Paula Abdul has never bee drunk, should the Florida legislature enact a new law prohibiting people from Driving While Paula?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 22, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Just for Byoolin:

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 22, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 22, 2009 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Chastity appeared as herself on an episode of "Sell this House". She was the polar opposite of screen charisma. Big time. After tons of editing.

Posted by: jezebel3 | April 22, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Also re: the red carpet shot of Crowe and Mirren -- doesn't it make you want to go out for a beer with them? I bet that would be a fun night.

Posted by: otherliz | April 22, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the link, Sas. This will go a long way toward further inflating my opinion of myself.

You may be unsurprised to know that a similar URL, but with "job" substituted for "shot", is already spoken for - parked, as they say - by our friends at GoDaddy.com.

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 22, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

I believe Paula Abdul. Uppers, downers, sidewinders, reddies, greenies, blueys,

Posted by: MStreet1 | April 22, 2009 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Byoolin, you may want to test out this link as well:

I can't see it on my work machine. Damn Net Nanny must think I'm after a rusty trombone.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 22, 2009 10:48 AM | Report abuse

"I believe Paula Abdul. Uppers, downers, sidewinders, reddies, greenies, blueys,
greenies, horse tranquilizers, smarties, Keith Richards' father's ashes, but no alcohol." --MStreet1

Yet she's very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sl_ts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, d_ckheads - they all adore her. They think she's righteous.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 22, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

sas, you the bomb!

a big, hairy bomb, but still,

the bomb!

Posted by: memphis1 | April 22, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

td, that was one beautiful Bueller reference. :)

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | April 22, 2009 12:01 PM | Report abuse

So, now a celebrity has to worry that flying in a personal trainer from the Caribbean might result in the dreaded "least green" sobriquet?

[I'm telling you, the publicist's job is hard, people.]

Note to Mariah (and publicist): You do nothing in half measures -- remember the first wedding? Porcelain rain barrels, jewel encrusted solar panels, gold rope clotheslines, antique wood composting bins -- just get a few of these ideas going and leave Ed Begley in your dust by Earth Day '10.

Posted by: 44west | April 22, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Is that a baby bump on Helen Mirren? :D

Posted by: cjbriggs | April 22, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

cjbriggs, The pleats on Dame Helen's dress look like it's a similar design to Marisa Tomei's silver number that she wore recently (to the Oscars, as I recall).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 22, 2009 1:08 PM | Report abuse

LOL, hodie. Poor Kermit. It's not easy being green.

Well, thanks for sharing, Tori. You've just confirmed you're as vapid and shallow as we think you are.

Who knew LiLo was on a hunger strike too?

And Mia, while I applaud the sentiment, explain to me exactly how this is going to help the people suffering in Darfur? Do you think they really care if another actress stops eating?

Explain to me again the appeal of Lisa Rinna?

Isn't that Arpad Busson guy the one who refused to marry Elle Macpherson after she had a bunch of his children? Uma, especially after Ethan, surely you don't think you can't do better than this?

Harper Willow and Jett Hamilton. Owe, the humanity.

Posted by: Californian11 | April 22, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Explain to me again the appeal of Lisa Rinna?

Posted by: Californian11 | April 22, 2009 1:18 PM

There is none. zip. nada. "appeal" is not to be used in the same sentence with "Lisa Rinna" in English or otherwise per the new Universal World Irrevocable Rules of Language.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 22, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Slumdog Millionaire II

Plot: Jamal and his true love, Latika, decide to invest the contest winnings to make a movie about Jamal's life. Jamal wants the movie to be authentic, so he films it in the Mumbai slums and hires slum dwellers to be in the movie. Everyone scams him dry. Broke, he moves back to the slum.

The end.