Posted at 8:32 AM ET, 04/30/2009

Sean Penn Files for Separation; Christina Applegate Tops People's Most Beautiful

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: Sean Penn files for separation from Robin Wright Penn... Christina Applegate on cover of People's "Most Beautiful" issue... Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber's son briefly hospitalized... Christian Bale admits on-set rant was "overboard"... "Top Gun" co-star Kelly McGillis comes out as a lesbian... "Jon and Kate" dad says he showed poor judgment for clubbing with mystery woman... Pam Anderson, Shannen Doherty say they were tricked into attending strip club opening... Justin Timberlake's tequila hits stores... Octomom visited by Child Services.

Pix and Video: Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt wear face masks on Mexico beach...

Matthew McConaughey pranked by GMA:

Crime Watch: Chris Brown's lawyer may seek dismissal of assault case; judge says Rihanna can have her jewels back... Closing arguments in alleged Tyra Banks stalker case to begin today... Lane Garrison leaves jail, heads to rehab.

Rumor Mill: Paula Abdul fooled by Sacha Baron Cohen's "Bruno"?... Shia LaBeouf to star in "Wall Street" remake?... Heidi Montag in negotiations for Playboy cover shoot.

Chat Day: Join me at 2 p.m. ET for this week's Celebritology Live chat, then at 3 p.m. ET for The "Lost" Hour.

By Liz Kelly  | April 30, 2009; 8:32 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Product Testing: Lindsay Lohan's Sevin Nyne Spray Tanner
Next: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: 'The Variable'

Comments

Pam Anderson, Shannen Doherty say they were tricked into attending strip club opening: "We thought we'd be the dancers."

"Octomom visited by Child Services." The way things are probably going to go, she should build them a guest room.

Maybe "Heincer" isn't the right nickname for them. Maybe we should just start calling them "those two f------ idiots."

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 30, 2009 8:46 AM | Report abuse

I'm completely confused by the Matthew McConaughey GMA video.

Posted by: StuckatWork | April 30, 2009 9:15 AM | Report abuse

So now that Sean Penn is separated, if he starts hanging out with Shawn Johnson, Olympic gymnast and DWTS tot, will they be Sean-Shawn? (This is not likely b/c Shawn's parents recently got a restraining order against another stalker.)

Kelly McGillis. Another illusion shattered. Maybe SHE should have been the pilot in "Top Gun."

Tricking Pammy and Shannen, and fooling Paula, just sound like they are too easy to qualify as news.

Can we get Heincer (see my previous posts about why it is a perfect effing name) to wear surgical masks all the time? How about burkas? Especially for her Playboy cover.

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 30, 2009 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Re the Heincer (or "those two f------ idiots") photos-thanks for the morning nausea, Liz!

Paula Abdul, fooled? Inconceivable.

Finally, and I ask this in all sincerity, has anyone even thought about Kelly McGillis in the last 20 years? Really?

Posted by: ASinMoCo | April 30, 2009 9:17 AM | Report abuse

I just had a horrible image in my head of the Octomom carrying her children around in her mouth like a lioness would. (US Weekly is reporting that the bite marks were on the child's back)

Posted by: StuckatWork | April 30, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

About ten years ago Kelly McGillis starred in a play at the Shakespeare Theater that I had to see for a theater class that I was taking. She decided that she would use her artistic license to tear her top off on stage. I wish I could remember the play, but it was a totally unnecessary move, which made it awesome! Patrick Stewart was in the audience.

Posted by: MzFitz | April 30, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Surgical masks are really only effective in preventing the spread of the disease by people who already have it, not preventing people from contracting it. When we see images of people in Asia with these masks on, generally it's because they are sick and think it's their responsibility not to spread the disease. One can only hope that this means that Heincer already *have* swine flu, but the likely explanation is that they're idiots.

"Jon and Kate" dad regrets that he showed poor judgement in *getting caught* clubbing with mystery woman.

Posted by: VTDuffman | April 30, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

So, MzFitz, it is possible McGillis did that for you rather than Mr. Stewart.

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 30, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Sacha's Bruno said, "Paula? I'll trick her!"

Pam and Shannon, among them, who's thicker?

Can Sean and Robin split with out a bicker?

And just who on GMA is such a tricker?

Perhaps Jon and Kate should consult with a vicar.

And I need to try some of Justin's new liquor.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 30, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Please add "pranking Matthew McConaughey" to the list of Not Very Difficult Things, which already includes tricking Pammy and Shannen, and fooling Paula. Perhaps the Pam and Shannen item is noteworthy because it is usually they who are doing the "tricking." (Liz, please protect my location from Tommy Lee.)

Maybe the judge who gave back Rihanna's jewels can take Chris Brown's.

Posted by: reddragon1 | April 30, 2009 9:46 AM | Report abuse

reddragon
Maybe the judge who gave back Rihanna's jewels can take Chris Brown's.

Nominee for Comment of the Week?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 30, 2009 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Penn Divorce: Guess he really did mean to leave her out of his Oscar Speech. He also officially has the worst lawyer in the world. Who asks for custody of an 18 year old? I know you think they are your babies for ever, but at 18 they are adults.

Heidi Montag and Playboy -- because she has left so much to mystery. Heincer, the very definition of overexposed.

Hey Pam and Shannen, I tried that "he tricked me" line once too. Didn't work then either.

Posted by: epjd | April 30, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ASinMoCo | April 30, 2009 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Every time "Witness" is rerun. Yowza!

Posted by: jezebel3 | April 30, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

So, Christina Applegate gets to tell the world about how wonderful her post-cancer life is. Although I wouldn't spend the money to read the article, I wonder if she will also somehow justify why she continues to smoke, the cancer survivor that she is (as reported in Celebritology a while back). What a role model!

Posted by: JLF03 | April 30, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

I second Nosey_Parker.

And mdreader, hang on, dear, friday's coming.

Posted by: memphis1 | April 30, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Black eyes and biting. Thank goodness SOMEONE is paying attention to the trainwreck at CCV's house. And she thinks it's okay because she did it as a child? Nice.

Heidi Montag is in Celebritology every day, and I still have no idea who she is.

Posted by: Californian11 | April 30, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

So, MzFitz, was the play As You Like It, Much Ado About Nothing, Two Noble Kinsmen or Titus Andoronicus?

And thank, Pam Anderson and Shannen Doherty, if my wife ever catches me at a strip club, now I have a really terrific excuse.

Posted by: kabuki3 | April 30, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Anybody wanna bet whether Heidi Montag poses in a surgical mask in her upcoming Playboy shoot?

Pamela Anderson and Shannen Doherty walk into a strip club.....

Dear Octomom, when someone tells you, "Bite me!" they usually are not issuing a command.

Congratulations to Sacha Baron Cohen for becoming the 10 thousandth person to fool Paula Abdul. Does Cohen want to test George Bush and try for a Daily Double.

Let's see how Malkin and Crosby fare against the Caps' Red Army Line.

If Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis were to remake Top Gun, would Kelly ride in the back seat behind Tom?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 30, 2009 12:39 PM | Report abuse

I know they aren't the brightest bulbs in the package but what did Pam, Shannon, and especially Ronson think the "Sapphire Gentlemen's Club" was? Doesn't the name sort of say it all?

Posted by: pras40 | April 30, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Paula Abdul, fooled? Inconceivable.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | April 30, 2009 9:17 AM
--------------------------------------------

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 30, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

For a prime example of how to sing from your diaphragm, see the picture of Beyonce, which is shot 2 at

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 30, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

What does one give Octomom for Mother's Day? A tubal ligation?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 30, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

"Does Cohen want to test George Bush and try for a Daily Double."

ROFL, sas!!!!! Priceless. Reminds me fondly of the scene in Michael Moore's movie where Shrub flubs "fool me once, shame on you/fool me twice, shame on me". hehehehehehehe.

Posted by: Californian11 | April 30, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Californian, here's the YouTube.

I wonder why Pete Townshend didn't sue Shrub over Shrub's use of Townshend's lyrics without permission.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 30, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

I jsut read the Octomom story. The kid falls a lot and bumps into things a lot. This is why having 14 kids is a bad idea. This child obviously needs special attentin but he gets lost in the crowd. Someone needs to seriusly intervene and save those kids.

Posted by: epjd | April 30, 2009 1:03 PM | Report abuse

That's a great idea, Sas, if in fact she ever got pregnant the "normal" way.

Having visions of Heidi re-enacting her hilariously godawful music video on the beach in Cabo with the mask on. But really, how do we make her and the prat Pratt go away?

Robin, move on. Start acting again. Best wishes.

Kelly McGillis is unrecognizable. And no, I haven't given her a thought in 20 years. Never really got her appeal in the first place.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 30, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Tetradacomom confirms yet again that she's deranged--the children bite each other and it's normal? I'm with Californian and ep--DCS should just get this charade over with and put those kids in care.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 30, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

I heard that someone is actually planning "Octmom the Musical". They showed auditions on the news last night. This is almost as stupid as the reality!

Posted by: hodie | April 30, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Pam & Shannen thought they were going to a Shakespeare play.

Posted by: kabuki3 | April 30, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Where is everyone? Slow day at the office here, gorgeous day outside, it's making me depressed. Come on snarkers!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 30, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Based on Justin Timberlake's SNL videos, I'd be wary of eating the worm in any bottle of 901 Tequila.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 30, 2009 6:03 PM | Report abuse