Posted at 8:20 AM ET, 05/18/2009

Brooke Shields Says Tabloid Reporter Checked Mom Out of Nursing Home

By Liz Kelly
Monday

Headlines: Brooke Shields says story-seeking tabloid reporter checked her mother out of nursing home... Cynthia Nixon engaged to girlfriend... Mary-Louise Parker says she was "goaded" into "Weeds" nude scenes... 9 million tune in to watch Farrah Fawcett cancer special... Britney Spears spent over $10 million in 10 months... Miley Cyrus hits back at weight critics... Just call her "Heidi"... Cameron Diaz says she won't be a sex symbol forever... Swizz Beats admits he's dating Alicia Keys... Holly Madison signs on to Vegas burlesque show... Woody Allen due in court over unauthorized billboard.

Crime Watch: T.I. to report to prison on May 26.

Pix: Jennifer Hudson -- pregnant or just pleated?...

Video: Tom Hanks cameos on "SNL":

Rumor Mill: Natalie Portman denies she's romantically involved with Sean Penn... Jamie Foxx in the running to play Frank Sinatra?... Sienna Miller dumps Balthazar Getty... New neighbor wants Paris Hilton out of his 'hood, and is willing to pay $27K a month... Rep says Michael Jackson not battling skin cancer... David Cross and Amber Tamblyn spotted making out... Newly-single Cameron Diaz spotted dining with Adam Levine.

By Liz Kelly  | May 18, 2009; 8:20 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: From Cougars to Cruise: Hollywood's Ageless Love
Next: Who Do You See as Sinatra?

Comments

Cameron Diaz thinks she's a sex symbol? Really?

Posted by: crunchyfrog | May 18, 2009 8:31 AM | Report abuse

Where's Brooke's mom's nursing home? I need a grandma.

"Britney Spears spent over $10 million in 10 months..." and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

"Miley Cyrus hits back at weight critics..." who now can say, "look at the fat chick throwing her weight around."

I think I'll just call her "Delusional."

Cameron Diaz won't be a sex symbol forever... or even *ever*, for that matter.

"David Cross and Amber Tamblyn spotted making out." Meanwhile, on the set of the "Arrested Development" movie, Alia "Maeby" Shawkat breathes a sigh of relief.

Cameron Diaz spotted dining with Adam Levine: Miss "Won't be a sex symbol forever," meet Mister "Won't be rock star forever."

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 18, 2009 8:57 AM | Report abuse

I feel a play coming on...

"Sean Penn's Impression Of Moby," the stage play:

ACT I, SCENE 1

[A well-appointed and tastefully decorated room.]

SFX: A telephone rings. NATALIE PORTMAN enters.

NATALIE: Hello?

[A pause as Natalie listens to the caller]

NATALIE: What? Uh, NO. You still need to figure out what's going on with Princess Buttercup, and anyway, aren't you, like, fifty or something? I did love your work in "Fast Times" and "Milk," though.

[NATALIE hangs up the phone]

NATALIE (impersonating Spicoli): Braaah. Duuuude.

[CURTAIN]

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 18, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Per Miley Cyrus:

Who the hell called that girl fat? I'm not the world's biggest Miley Cyrus fan, but the girl is not fat. Sartorially challenged, perhaps, but not fat.

Per Cameron Diaz:

Um, Cam? You're not a sex symbol now. Maybe in your curvy "The Mask" debut you were, but when you starved yourself down to a stick figure, romping around in Underoos wasn't enough to compensate.

Per Sienna Miller:

"[Balthazar Getty has] too much baggage."

Yes, as in family lawyers that wouldn't let you get a dime on the Getty fortune.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | May 18, 2009 9:12 AM | Report abuse

I believe Rent-a-Grandma is in New Jersey. They even have a convenient drive-thru window.

Posted by: possum_pouch | May 18, 2009 9:12 AM | Report abuse

"Just call her 'Heidi'" -- This just in: German seismologists have just pinpointed a tremor. Joanna Spyri is rolling in her grave.

"Mary-Louise Parker says she was 'goaded' into 'Weeds' nude scenes" -- A topless bathing scene helped Glenn Close get an Oscar nomination for "The Big Chill." If MLP snags an Emmy nod, perhaps her tune will change.

"Jamie Foxx in the running to play Frank Sinatra?" -- If you're going to cast Ol' Blue Eyes (operative words: Blue. Eyes.), why not Jamie? Anyway, let's hope so -- and that Matt Damon can finally realize his dream to play Sammy Davis, Jr. If Jamie doesn't get the role, he can angle for a Paul Newman biopic instead.

"Sienna Miller dumps Balthazar Getty" -- Where'd she dump him? An area with weekend trash pickup? As long as he's not recycled somewhere, I'm good.

And to echo others here already, um, Cameron? The Sex Symbol Ship Has Sailed. And you were never (ever, ever) on it.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 18, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Bloomberg News is reporting, "Rising U.S. sales of acai, a purple Amazon berry promoted as a "superfood" on Oprah Winfrey's Web site, are depriving Brazilian jungle dwellers of a protein-rich nutrient they've relied on for generations."

Owe the humanity.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 18, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat and californian, did you feel last night's 4.7? Hope you and yours are all safe.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 18, 2009 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Joanna / Johanna. Whatever that author's name is. Anyway....

Swizz Beats? Wife Mashonda? Son Kasseem Jr.? I am so lost.

I refuse to believe that Farrah Fawcett is dying. In my mind, it's an elaborate "Charlie's Angels" reunion movie about a nefarious HMO. Jill poses as a cancer patient, Sabrina as an O.R. nurse, Kelly as a fashion photographer (yes, it makes no sense, but "Charlie's Angels" wasn't exactly Ibsen), and Bosley as a German doctor with a bad accent. Guest stars: Ryan O'Neal and Charo.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 18, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Mommie Dearest says Jennifer Hudson BETTER be preggers or she is gonna put those wire hangers to use for those awful pants.

Jamie, I'm sure MJ can help you land that Sinatra role and it will only sting a little bit.

The tabloids have reached new lows in the last few weeks. I hope Brooke hits them with all she's got.

Posted by: hodie | May 18, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

If Mary-Louise Parker is hinting there will be no nudity on next season's Weeds, it's time to re-evaluate my Showtime subscription.

Posted by: yellojkt | May 18, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Owe the humanity. -- Nosy Parker

As long as Oprah and her minions gets this alleged superfood, who cares about starving Brazilians. Does Oprah go pick up the berries in her private jet?

Brooke, you need to find a new nursing home for mommy. Sure the journalist was wrong, but the hospital was wronger for just letting anyone check out an old lady. This is not a library.

Posted by: epjd | May 18, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

ep, the irony is that the other foods high in antioxidants listed are blueberries and tomatoes, both of which are so readily available in this country fresh in season, and frozen (berries) or canned (tomatoes) the rest of the year. We don't actually NEED acai (and yes, I AM shouting).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 18, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Jennifer Hudson. Oh, my. There's so much wrong going on, I'm not sure where to start. So I'll start with the bottoms: who knew that "faux elephant skin," otherwise known as gray sweatsuit material, would become the latest environmentally-conscious celebrity fashion statement? And the bottom gather on the blouse only emphasizes the top and middle of the torso. Jennifer, you're a beautiful woman, but from one curvy girl to another, we will never rock the skinny-chick looks, so let's embrace styles that flatter our best assets.

Posted by: northgs | May 18, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Michael Jackson's spokesman is "Dr. Tohme Tohme." Wonder what kind of "Dr." he (or she) is?

Posted by: 44west | May 18, 2009 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Perhaps Mary-Louise Parker thought she had Sarah Jessica Parker's contract.

Maybe Cameron Diaz could step in and help Showtime fulfill it's pay cable nudity quota.

I ain't calling anyone "Heidi" without the braids and a drindl skirt.

That 4.7 felt in California last night was Frank Sinatra finding out Scorcese was considering Jaime Foxx for his biopic.

And if I were Eddie Murphy, I'd be royally pissed as well.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 18, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

The goading thing never worked for me.

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 18, 2009 12:17 PM | Report abuse

The only people critcizing Miley Cyrus are anonymous cowards on "message boards" and Twitter. Miley, you were right the first time. They don't count. Don't make them count by responding.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 18, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

I sure did, Nosy! It really shook my house. Think it scared my cat more, though -- he got really low to the ground and his fur stood on end. ;-)

Posted by: Californian11 | May 18, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Well, Californian, the cat probably blames you for the quake.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 18, 2009 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Yep, we felt it too--it was centered just south of us so we got a good rattle round for about 15 seconds. No damage, just a nice little adrenaline boost. ;-)

Everyone else has already said it, but the first major "huh?" moment of my Monday was Cameron Diaz and sex symbol in the same sentence. Oh my. Beyond the fact that she's never been a sex symbol in the past, she's not really ageing (aging?) well. In fact, I thought she should have taken a contract out on the cinematographer from "What Happens In Vegas" as she was lit so poorly she looked old and dried out (and ancient next to Kutcher).

Brooke should sue the pants off the tabloid and the nursing home. Okay, maybe not the nursing home else it might affect the care of some of the residents, but scare the he11 out of them. Unbelievable.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 18, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Wanna see something REALLY scary?

Posted by: Californian11 | May 18, 2009 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Tell ya what. When Paris Hilton moves out, I'll move in. Boy, will that guy wish he had Paris back.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 18, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

So....is it laundry day for Jennifer Hudson?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | May 18, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

The way Britney Spears is going through her money she'll be asking for a federal stimulus package in no time at all.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | May 18, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Oh, to be in Britain....

Spencer: "Legally, she's a Pratt"

Oh yes, she most certainly is.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 18, 2009 6:27 PM | Report abuse

Guys, I hate to say it, but a 4.7 earthquake is peanuts to Snow Monkey Island, my next destination, and former residence. (although we have had some doozies on Possum Island, I must say) Last big event on Monkey Island I was "just finishing on the toilet" and the tremor starts, and the (possum family) guys call, "are you all right?" and I'm like, "as soon as I can grab the toilet paper and do what I have to do, I will let you know." The toilet and the sink and the toilet paper ring were just not lining up right...It took awhile. It was a 6.0.

Posted by: possum_pouch | May 18, 2009 8:39 PM | Report abuse