Posted at 7:32 AM ET, 05/29/2009

Candy Spelling Blames Tori for Dad's Death; Rihanna to Testify at Chris Brown Hearing

By Liz Kelly

Jay-Z (left) and A-Rod catch up at Game Five of the NBA's Eastern Conference Finals on Thursday in Cleveland. (Getty Images)
Friday

Headlines: Candy Spelling blames Tori for Aaron's death... Jay Leno wraps up 17-year "Tonight Show" run tonight... Prince Harry makes first official visit to New York... Beyonce offers recession-hit fans $20 concert tickets... Freddie Prinze Jr. joins "24" cast... David Hyde Pierce wed longtime boyfriend last fall... Paris Hilton wins "Celebrity Fragrance of the Year" at perfume awards... Hulk Hogan says he never smoked pot with daughter Brooke... Depeche Mode's Dave Gahan has surgery to remove malignant bladder tumor... Courtney Love says outstanding $350K Amex bill is bogus.

Crime Watch: Rihanna to testify at Chris Brown hearing, says attorney... Tom Sizemore arrested on outstanding drug warrant... Michael Lohan pleads not guilty to threatening ex fiancee.

Pix: Katie Holmes's baby doll dress sparks inevitable baby bump rumor... Just because: Robert Pattinson's shirtless "New Moon" set pix... Jennifer Lopez's Harper's Bazaar Japan cover.

Video: Drunken Janice Dickinson curses, falls down stairs on "Finland's Next Top Model" (NSFW language)... Speidi, Sanjaya arrive in Costa Rica for "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here"... Craig T. Nelson says he's tired of paying taxes... Mayim Bialik ("Blossom") gets fashion tips on "What Not to Wear" season opener.

Rumor Mill: Nicole Kidman expecting second baby with Keith Urban?... Tom Brady shoots down Gisele Bundchen pregnancy rumor... Adam Lambert to officially come out on Rolling Stone cover?... Susan Boyle cracking under the pressure of sudden fame?

Say What?
"Wonder Woman is a lame superhero. She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it." -- Megan Fox

By Liz Kelly  | May 29, 2009; 7:32 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Scuttling Jon and Kate Gosselin's Mom and Pop Business
Next: Friday Fluff: Your Celebrity Makeover

Comments

Good for Beyonce.

David Hyde Pierce is gay? Get out!

Paris Hilton being "Celebrity Fragrance of the Year." Smells like "Skanque.'

Sure,Courtney, EVERYONE says their $350K Amex bill is bogus.

The Japanese obviously don't get JLo's primary appeal. But that's OK, their baseball games are polite, too.

How long do I have to stay away from Costa Rica? I love that place, but can't go there while Heincer is there.

Gee Craig, if you didn't make so much money, you wouldn't have to pay so much in taxes. It's a bite for all of us.

More Susan Boyle. What's the number, so I can make the transatlantic call to vote for her already? Sounds like everyone will be relieved when she wins.

Megan Fox, you are just so wrong. I'd try to explain Wonder Woman to you, but you apparently have the attention span of a gnat. Guess that's not unusual any more.

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 29, 2009 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Candy, way to make the Spears and Lohan clans look like the classy celebrity families!

David Hyde Pierce: What does Daphne have to say about this? Although it might explain the longest courtship in sitcom history.

Craig T. Nelson: If you don't make any money, you don't have to pay taxes. It's as simple as that, abandon your career, such as it is.

Oh Mighty Isis, make Megan Fox get over herself.

Posted by: 44west | May 29, 2009 8:55 AM | Report abuse

Wow - Candy Spelling must have REALLY hated her Mother's Day gift.

Try this, Liz Kelly - I think it works a little better: "Jay Leno wraps up 17-year "Tonight Show" run, moves it forward 90 minutes, unwraps it and starts again."

Is it true that Paris Hilton's "Celebrity Fragrance" smells like a hotel-room-clearing combination of booze, sex & money? (You know, kind of like a strip joint, but skankier?)

Hulk Hogan never smoked pot with Brooke. But you'll notice he never denied roofies.

I'm on Courtney Love's side for this one, but only because it's nice to see a credit card company get hosed for a change.

The sentence, "Drunken Janice Dickinson curses, falls down stairs on "Finland's Next Top Model"," reads like it could be a scene from Aki Kaurismaki's next film.

When it comes to telling us what she thinks, I've seen inflatable dolls that could give Megan Fox an run for her money.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 29, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Megan Fox - You have officially all of little girls of the 70's who ran around with our gold bullet reflecting braclets, using our golden tiara to knock a bad guy (or big brother) down as a boomerang, and fantasized (and realized) that we can become whomever we wanted to be without a man comming to the rescue just as the women from our homeland island of Paradise. Did I also mention the super strength she possesed. Ms. Fox you don't deserve to play Wonder Woman.

Posted by: NCSEDC | May 29, 2009 8:59 AM | Report abuse

If Katie is preggers, does that mean her contract renegotiation went through? That would mean all those divorce rumors were just the typical posturing of star on a hit series wanting a pay raise. The only unanswered question would be who is the real daddy this time.

Posted by: yellojkt | May 29, 2009 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Prince Harry hits the Big Apple and finds that even British Royalty can't afford a ticket for a seat behind home plate in Yankee Stadium.

Paris Hilton wins fragrance award? How do I get into this fart contest?

Hasn't anyone told Freddie Prinze, Jr. what happens to 24 characters. you don't suppose that the 24 writers would have his character commit....no, not even the 24 writers would be so macabre, would they? God knows that they'd do with the Lindbergh baby.

I wonder if Dave Gahan was pissed when he found out about his bladder tumor.

Craig T. Nelson, I'm so sorry that the government did not help you when you were on food stamps. I look forward to seeing Stewart and Colbert stamp on you.

Wouldn't it be better for Adam Lambert to come out on Ellen DeGeneres' show?

Tom Sizemore gets arrested because of an old drug possession charge, while Dick Cheney shoots someone in the face and gets the victim to apologize. Moral of the story: If you're going to shoot up, do it with birdshot.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 29, 2009 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Man, the snark is flying wild and free this morning. Bravo to all of you, especially you, reddragon1 for "David Hyde Pierce is gay? Get out!" Still laughing.

(Though byoolin, the roofies and inflatable dolls are scaring me THIS MUCH.)

* * * *
Freddie Prinze Jr. will be on "24"? I've never seen FPJr. show more than a pulse on screen; is he playing a coma patient?

* * * *
And now, the Lizard Room is proud to present an ode to Motherhood, sung by the fabulous Tori Spelling [applause]:

Candy
I call my b_tch mom Candy
Because I'm tired of Candy
and Candy's tired of me

Won't understand me
My ever-ranting Candy
And Candy's never handy
When I need sympathy

You wish that there were four of her
So I could ignore more of her
She has taken my complete heart
Got a sweet diss for my sweetheart

Candy
It's gonna be just dandy
The day I'm done with Candy
And make it fine, all fine....

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 29, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

I'm no Tori Spelling fan, but wasn't Aaron about 106 years old when he suffered a stroke? How can that possibly be her fault?

Megan, if you got caught up in the golden lasso you'd be forced to admit your only talent is a passing resemblence to a famous actress.

Posted by: jes11 | May 29, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Wonder Woman achieved her fame in part because of proficiency with the Golden Lasso.

I suspect that Megan Fox achieved her fame in part because of proficiency with the Pearl Necklace.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 29, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

If I knew not talking to your parents for four or five years killed your parents, I'd have quit answering the phone long ago.

Posted by: yellojkt | May 29, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Paris proves once and for all her $h!t does smell like roses.

Megan Fox doesn't get Wonder Woman or telling the truth?

Posted by: hodie | May 29, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

nice one td!

I for one am glad this is finally out in the open. Now maybe we'll find out what Tori did with Jimmy Hoffa's body.

Posted by: memphis1 | May 29, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

I assume Tori Spelling was also responsible for Amelia Earhart's disappearance.

Also, a little known fact: Tori Spelling is DB Cooper.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | May 29, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

The net nannies won't let me see this on tmz, but from the huff post promo photo, is that kate gosselin wearing the liberty u. sweatshirt, or just a kid-wrangler?

Posted by: memphis1 | May 29, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Yellowjckt, you owe me a new screen. Please get one from the Lizard Island stores. I'll be starting my friday drinking early.

Megan Fox, really shut up. You are not helping your cause. Whatever you are trying to accomplish by running your mouth is not going to happen with this strategy.

Posted by: epjd | May 29, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Courntey Love's $350,000 dollar American Express bill has got to be bogus. Everyone knows that the drug dealers take only Visa and MasterCard.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 29, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

After reading Megan Fox's comment, I'm hoping beyond hope that soon there will be a news story of Lynda Carter kicking her butt. :)

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | May 29, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

The Eye on Entertainment photo spread includes a shot of Dane Cook with the caption "Dane Cook gets a little nutty..."

I wonder if there are mushrooms and corn kernels in there, too.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 29, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Hulk Hogan smoking dope?

Only girly men smoke dope.

Real men do 'roids!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 29, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Memphis - Kate is NOT wearing the Liberty U sweatshirt. Must be a helper.
Kate's in back wearing black capris and a pink twin set (at least it looks like it could be a twin set).
Big surprise - not all of the sextuplets are wearing matching outfits!

Posted by: JLRGG | May 29, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Props to td!

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 29, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

His name is Adam Lambert and almost won on Idol, wears mascara on his eyes.
And then those rumors started about him liking only guys.
Now he's on the screen singing songs with Queen
But his preference is still unknown.
But there'll be no doubt next month when he comes out
ON THE COVER OF THE ROLLING STONE.

====
Will he buy five copies for his mother?

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 29, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Kiss my ass, Candy Spelling.

As much as I want to not care about any of this, that's just an awful thing to say.

Posted by: Trumance1 | May 29, 2009 10:59 AM | Report abuse

a high five to rihanna for agreeing to testify. that should put the squeeze on the loser former boyfriend to try and arrange for some sort of a plea bargain, because if he doesn't, he's going to jail. hip hip hooray. her decision, unlike the earlier one of seeing the loser again, sets a good example for people in the same spot. don't be afraid, take the time, testify.

Posted by: frieda406 | May 29, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

So Aaron stopped getting calls from Tori and lost the will to live....while he was living under the same roof with his wife, Candy.

If Tori was his only reason to go on living, doesn't that say more about Candy than it does about Tori?

Paris says that Doug is "beautiful, he's smart, he's well-educated and he treats me like a princess. We're just very much alike."

Something tells me that that last thing Doug wanted was Paris' endorsement on his intelligence.

---
But if intelligence is what you want, you have to read the entire Megan Fox interview. She totally gets her stardom.

“Hollywood is the most superficial thing you could possibly be a part of,” she says. “And if I weren’t attractive I wouldn’t be working at all.”

And anyway, Wonder Woman is lame. who would want a golden lasso to get the truth out of someone when you could just go all Jack Bauer on them.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 29, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Oh byoolin1 @ 9:45 am - YOU DID NOT!!

Guess I'm now on the list for a new keyboard...

Posted by: jaybbub | May 29, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

FRIDAY LOVE TO THE SWAYZE!

Posted by: jaybbub | May 29, 2009 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Frieda, just because Rihanna is testifying does not mean she is testifying against Chris Brown. Often what happens is the victim is subpoened but still "loves him" or they are "trying to work things out." So she changes her story. Sometimes taking full blame herself.

The most famous case I am aware of was the Warren Moon trial about 10 or so years ago. His wife made it all her fault and that he never hit her at all. She claimed she just said he did because she was mad at him.

Until Chris Brown is found guilty, I won't believe he will actually be held accountable. Even then his sentence will be laughably light. Because she could well get up and ask for mercy.

Posted by: epjd | May 29, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Dear Jay-Z and A-Rod - could at least one of you two get a real name?

Dear Hulk Hogan - me neither!

Dear David Hyde Pierce - congrats and many happy returns!

Dear Tom Sizemore and Michael Lohan - I'm unclear what either of you has ever offered the world that is of value. Run along now.

Dear Costa Rica - I hate to ask this, but could you just keep them? We'd sure appreciate it.

Yours,
jaybbub

Posted by: jaybbub | May 29, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Dear Jaybbub:

No, no, a thousand times NO!

--Costa Rica

Posted by: KevFromArlington | May 29, 2009 11:51 AM | Report abuse

In that case, Costa Rica, might you accidentally send a truckload full of poisonous tree frogs into their general vicinity?

Posted by: ASinMoCo | May 29, 2009 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Oh byoolin1 @ 9:45 am - YOU DID NOT!!

Guess I'm now on the list for a new keyboard...

Posted by: jaybbub | May 29, 2009 11:20 AM

***

Oh, yes I did. I also would have accepted "Sploot," obviously.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 29, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Oh for the love of Mike, Candy and Tori, give it a rest!

"Tom Cruise would love to add another disciple to the Scientology fold" ... tee hee.

Good for Susan Boyle.

Did Japan Bazaar photoshop JLo's head onto a child's body? The head and body don't go together, or JLo has become a lollipop.

Good thoughts and a speedy recovery to Dave Gahan!

Posted by: Californian11 | May 29, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

mdreader01, the Rolling Stone rewrite is inspired.

If it weren't for the fact that Nicole Kidman just comes across as so cold, I'd say she and Keith were trying to pop out another kid just as a nertz to Tom and Katie.

Prediction: Heidi is first off "I'm a Celebrity..." (just to break up the pair right away). And either Sanjaya will be next, or he'll be eaten alive later when the natives, er, celebrities, start feeling the effects of delayed hunger. He's too nice to stay long.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 29, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

[CHARLTON HESTON VOICE]: Damn you to hell, Byoolin! I've had ZZ Top in my head since this morning! [pause] Now where did I put those cheap sunglasses?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 29, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

ep - Sadly, I agree with you. Especially since the rumors were that she did not want to testify against him at all - so the fact that she is testifying doesn't really make me think it will hold him accountable.

And wow - Candy Spelling? Really? How can you hate your child that much to say that to some random radio station? Wow.

Posted by: suzannepdc | May 29, 2009 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Way to go, Candy. That's the way to get visitation rights to the grandkids!
And girls, cross yer legs. Wee Tom has got the turkey baster loaded. Considered armed and dangerous.

Posted by: possum_pouch | May 29, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

After all the Jon and Kate talk I laughed when I saw this in US online today-

"Jon & Kate Gosselin Under Investigation for Violating Child Labor Laws "

Posted by: Vienna8425 | May 29, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 29, 2009 9:13 AM

Sas', The Onion claimed a few weeks back that Her Majesty The Queen sold her season tickets back in the '80s to pay for the Falklands war. Here's the full article:

Posted by: northgs | May 29, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Breaking Phil Spector News:

Phil gets 19 years for the murder of Lana Clarkson.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 29, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Thanks mdreader--you just totally made my day! RIP Lana.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 29, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Yeah about Phil Specter.

And regarding our discussion yesterday about the 8 moppets and their evil parents (I am working on the fairy tale okay): http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h-Ttgh3cRm4ORGPnrcpZm4AFZJBQD98G1M0O0

PA is investigating if the show violates child labor laws.

Posted by: epjd | May 29, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

****
no evidence thus far that they're "trying to work things out". she will testify as a fact witness. having practiced law for over 30 years, i know people can refuse to testify. and she could refuse. she could tell the state/prosecutor to make its case w/o her cooperation. fact that she is testifying suggests strongly to me that she will be a witness for the state. if i'm wrong, i'll send sen. jon kyl money for his re-election campaign fund.

Posted by: frieda406 | May 29, 2009 6:55 PM | Report abuse