Posted at 12:10 PM ET, 05/29/2009

Friday Fluff: Your Celebrity Makeover

By Liz Kelly

If you've ever wondered what you'd look like rocking Amy Winehouse's bouffant or Agness Deyn's severe 'do's and you have a spare hour or two to get lost down a wormhole of self-absorption, then make haste to DailyMakeover.com. The site allows you to upload a pic of yourself, then try on various celebrity hairstyles courtesy of a handy tool that allows one to stretch and flip each style to suit one's own imperfect face. (You can upload your first photo and try on several styles for free, but unlimited access -- a 7-day trial costs $4.95 -- allows unlimited uploads and a huge catalog of styles.)

This morning alone I wasted close to 90 minutes scrolling through the site's exhaustive array of styles in search of my ever-elusive perfect look. The upside: you can try on a new 'do without making the scissor or color commitment. The downside: When viewed side-by-side with the original, it becomes embarrassingly obvious that one (or maybe it's just me) does not now, and never will, look like Jessica Biel -- no matter how sophisticated the software.

And guys, you can get in on the action, too. Upload your pix to see if you can pull off Ashton Kutcher's tousled mop or Donald Trump's comb-over.

Because I'm the giving type I'm going to share a few of my own makeover looks with you. All I ask is that you be kind in the comments and remember that my original photo was snapped in the wee morning hours without the benefit of an army of stylists.

(Images courtesy DailyMakeover.com)

Guess who's hair I'm copying above, then see the actual answers after the jump...

Happy Friday!

The Looks (clockwise from top left):

1. Liz au naturel (with a smidge of lipstick).

2. Paris Hilton's post-extension 'do.

3. Jessica Biel's messy updo.

4. Dreaded Diane Keaton.

5. The obligatory Amy Winehouse.

6. Taryn Manning's idiotic headband thingy.

By Liz Kelly  | May 29, 2009; 12:10 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrity Products, Fashion
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Candy Spelling Blames Tori for Dad's Death; Rihanna to Testify at Chris Brown Hearing
Next: Susan Boyle Treated for Breakdown After 'Britain's Got Talent' Loss

Comments

Is Agnes Deyn related to Agyness Deyn, the well known model? When she was in high school the divine Agyness used to work in a fish and chip shop in my grandmother's home town. Ramsbottom, since you asked. Not a lot of people know that.

Posted by: TonyMostyn | May 29, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the catch, Tony!

Posted by: Liz Kelly | May 29, 2009 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Liz, you are a ripping good sport!
I think you look a lot like Dame Helen Mirren in the supposed Paris Hilton photo. Please take that as a compliment as that's how it's meant!

Posted by: pras40 | May 29, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

A young Helen Mirren!!

Posted by: pras40 | May 29, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

What? No Britney pink wig????

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 29, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Actually if that Paris Hilton hair weren't platinum blonde, it wouldn't look bad on ya Liz! Same for the Taryn Manning look, though minus the headband & weird emo pull-over of the hair.

Though the Amy Winehouse look makes ya look like Flo from Alice fell into the Back-in-the-day-Priscilla-Presley-blue-black vat o hair dye.

Posted by: wadejg | May 29, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

hrm
no verification email... cant login... you sure this works?

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | May 29, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse

A nice way to try the Amy Winehouse wig without actually trying on the Amy Winehouse wig! Blech!

Will try when I get home. May I propose that brave lizards share a few pics with you to post?

Posted by: hodie | May 29, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Ooooohhh, great time-waster!

Didja know that you can rotate the hair all around the head. I just gave one of the guys a beard. I named it Tom Cruise. The guy, not the beard.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 29, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Ahem. You look good as Paris Hilton.

Posted by: chiquita2 | May 29, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

I had top right as Linda Tripp (sorry Liz).

Posted by: jelo97 | May 29, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

You can make a crazy Warhol like pic out of these photos!

Posted by: hodie | May 29, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Now can we see how Andy the cat would look with celebrity hair?

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | May 29, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Liz! You look great as Diane Keaton! Look, that chick had a torrid affair with
Warren Beatty, so don't knock it!

Posted by: possum_pouch | May 29, 2009 2:15 PM | Report abuse

I thought #2 was Linda Evans, #4 was Axl Rose, and #6 was Jay Kay in the Jamiroquai "Virtual Insanity" video. Way off. No Kate Gosselin hair option?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 29, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

td - this is for you

Posted by: kvs71 | May 29, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

kvs71, thanks! This is great. Halle, Tyra Rihanna and Fergie could make it work. The others, not so much.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 29, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

I'm a bit jealous of Liz because I'm sure she can expense the cost of the trial fee.

And I thought the Diane Keaton one was Christina Applegate. HA!

This is a great time-waster now that I'm out of a job! Turning my frown upside-down. :)

Posted by: eet7e | May 29, 2009 4:25 PM | Report abuse

I know I've been gone for a while, but what's a Taryn Manning?

Posted by: BMore_Cat_Lover | May 29, 2009 9:33 PM | Report abuse

OK, I saw you in person at the Lost HH and you did not not look so wrinkly.

Tip of the day (and for me, too): lighter lipstick.

Posted by: chunche | May 30, 2009 1:53 AM | Report abuse