Posted at 9:13 AM ET, 05/14/2009

Kate Gosselin Says Marriage May Be Over; Wanda Sykes and Wife Welcome Twins

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: Kate Gosselin says her marriage may be over (her brother concurs)... Wanda Sykes and wife welcome twins... "House's" Olivia Wilde tops Maxim's Hot 100 list... Shanna Moakler resigns from post as Miss California pageant director; Sarah Palin rushes to Carrie Prejean's defense... Kate Winslet wears a ring from Leonardo DiCaprio... Reps say Rihanna-Lady GaGa song is a fake... Barbra Streisand's ex penning tell-all... Jay-Z's rider requires luxury car, "good quality peanut butter and jelly" and a pack of smokes... Rob Lowe ends legal battle with former nanny.

Crime Watch: Howard K. Stern, docs plead not guilty in Anna Nicole Smith case... Paris Hilton says she had nothing to do with vandalized cars.

Pix and Video: Ashley Olsen in V MAN magazine.

Rumor Mill: Photographer laughs off Carrie Prejean's claim that wind bared her assets... Brangelina brood running wild?... Drew Barrymore and Steven Spielberg contemplating "E.T." sequel?

Chat Day: Join me at 2 p.m. ET for my favorite hour of the week, Celebritology Live. Then stop by the "Lost" Hour at 3 p.m. ET to share your thoughts on the Season 5 finale.

By Liz Kelly  | May 14, 2009; 9:13 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Lost' Countdown -- Gearing Up for the Finale
Next: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: 'The Incident, Parts 1 and 2'

Comments

It sounds like Kate & her brother will make a lovely couple once her divorce from Jon becomes final.

Olivia Wilde might be pretty, but can she give us Megan Fox-quality quotes?

"Sarah Palin rushes to Carrie Prejean's defense..." Sarah's well qualified: she can see gays from her house.

That Ashley Olsen picture makes me want to go put Pat Benatar's first album on the turntable.

"Photographer laughs off Carrie Prejean's claim that wind bared her assets..." Aren't they technically Trump's assets, anyway?

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 14, 2009 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Can't wait for the "Lost" crap to be over.

Posted by: jezebel3 | May 14, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Proof that Alaska is not the real world?, isn't Ms. Palin a little behind this story?

Posted by: jes11 | May 14, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

"Kate Gosselin says her marriage may be over" -- Kate, ENOUGH! It's bad enough that hours of footage of your children's lives are for sale on DVD. I really don't need a bonus Special Features disc of your constant verbal diarrhea.

"Wanda Sykes and wife welcome twins" -- The photo of Wanda looks like D.L. Hughley. And "twins" reminds me of her bit on how one of her "shoes" is better than the other. "Oh, you like this one? Wait until I show you THIS one...."

"Barbra Streisand's ex penning tell-all" -- Am I the only one who thought this meant Elliott Gould? Wow, Jon Peters has a lot to say. And Lesley Ann Warren's name just got a whole lot more Google hits. Yikes.

"Brangelina brood running wild?" -- Finally the Cheetos are catching up with them.

"Drew Barrymore and Steven Spielberg contemplating "E.T." sequel?" -- Gee, I don't know. Dee Wallace and Henry Thomas might have trouble clearing their schedules. Still, a sequel might beeee goooood.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 14, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Sarah Palin comments on Carrie Prejean?

Great, let's ask possibly the only person in the world stupider than Carrie Prejean what they think of Carrie Prejean.

It's like asking a Sharks fan what they thought of the Caps flaming out of the playoffs after a stellar regular season.

Posted by: VTDuffman | May 14, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Congrats to Wanda and her family!

More proof that I don't understand men - I don't see it with Olivia Wilde. She looks like one of those empty beauties. But then, I think Emma Thompson is the hottest thing going, so there it is.

Jay-Z, I can totally relate to the need for luxury car and good quality PB&J! No need to apologize for those demands. (Not so much on the smokes, though.)

And good God, aren't we done with this Carrie Prejean thing yet?

Posted by: jaybbub | May 14, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse

So in order to get his tell-all book published, Jon Peters has to write about someone else's life. His must be too boring.

It's a sexy pose from the waist up, Ashley, but the pleated mom pants ruin the effect.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 14, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

My shame for the day: I went to TLC's website and watched 2 clips of Jon and Kate for season 5. Let's just say that had I seen those prior to all this affair business I would have said "duh". He is so unhappy and just...blah. Actually, I'd believe the brother when he says they've already talked about divorce. What does it say about reality TV when Ozzy and Sharon are the reigning still married couple.

Jon Peters is a putz.

Posted by: Vienna8425 | May 14, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Kate Gosselin's brother says, "Kate wants to be a talk show host" -- DING DING DING. We should've seen this coming....

Today at 4 on "Kate: Taming FROM the Shrew" I am going to tell yet another useless man everything I find wrong with him as a husband and a father, whether or not it is valid and/or makes me look like a harpie. My guest is Brad Pitt. Later in the program we've have a live castration of my soon-to-be-ex husband Jon. If he bothers to show up. Which he won't. Because he's stupid and lazy. . . .

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 14, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

newbeeboy
She can see Miss Russia from her front porch.

This gem appeared on The Fix's blog this AM re Palin's weighing in on the Prejean kerfuffle. Ding-ding-ding-ding! Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!!! I only wish I'd thought of it first. I say we invite newbeeboy to Lizard Island, given his gift of snark.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 14, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

td, maybe Kate could team up on a talk-show with Lorna Bob-it.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 14, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

i concur,nosy, newbeeboy is in.

Posted by: frieda406 | May 14, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

td you are smokin today, kinda like Eva Longoria Parker last weekend.

I also immediately thought Elliot Gould, but obviously he has more class, which isn't saying much.

Olivia Wilde sorta has the early Angelina Jolie high cheekbone thing going on, although she looks like she could use a big mac or two.

The Kate Gosselin quotes I read, the Heincer they get.

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 14, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Nice thought, Nosy. But as we have learned, Kate doesn't like to share the spotlight unless she can completely dominate the conversation -- that gives me an idea! Let's pair her with Joy Behar. I'd love to see those two in a cage match. Get Barbara Walters in a ref shirt and whistle and let the bad hairstyles fly!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 14, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

td, Joy Behar is waaaay too smart for them. She's actually well-educated, well-read and intelligent (even if you don't agree with her views).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 14, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Re the Gosselins, I wonder: What's in their children's best interests, and why aren't BOTH parents attending to that ahead of their own selfish interests? I don't think their TV series caused their family problems, though it may have exacerbated or hastened the marriage's demise, or prevented the parents from engaging in the introspection necessary to save it. Like with Octomom, suffer the little children...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 14, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

I shoulda said, "The MORE Kate Gosselin quotes I read, the Heincer they get." However, it makes just as much sense the way I wrote it.

And for some reason I totally missed the John Walsh section the first time around. I say, go ahead and arrest Paris Hilton. She's already got more street cred than some of her competition (Olivia Wilde, Shannon Moakler, Carrie Prejean, Sarah Palin). Plus who is going to believe she was actually at a party where there was NO FOOD?

Which one will play E.T.? Drew or Stephen?

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 14, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

LOL td! Other candidates for Kate's new talk show: Kfed, Tom Cruise, and the turkey baster,sperm doner, or quack fertility specialist for Octomom.

Yes, good quality peanut butter IS important. Don't want any of that commercial grade petri-dish salmonella spread.

Carrie, just who you callin' a bag of wind?

I love Paris' defense on why she couldn't have been the one to egg the cars "there was no food in the house!"

Congrats to Wanda Sykes for the birth of her twins and the use of normal baby names (Olivia and Lucas).

Posted by: hodie | May 14, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, I've seen pictures of Paris HIlton. Food is not her top priority in choosing a party.

Jon and Kate -- next on Divorce Court. Custody arrangements on that one will be fun. Will they each take 4 kids?

Posted by: epjd | May 14, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

I have nothing today, so I thought I'd share the quality snark I've overheard lately.

1. A friend of mine refers to shows like "Jon and Kate + 8" as the "Birthing a Nation" genre.

2. There is a horse entered in the Preakness named "Luv Gov." A local news anchor here in NYC noted that the horse will be running in its socks on Saturday. The horse's owner is a New Yorker, is good friends with Spitzer mortal enemy Joe Bruno, and has a second colt named "Ninth Client." The owner's husband has said publicly that he'd like to see Ninth Client go head-to-head with Skipadate.

Posted by: northgs | May 14, 2009 12:43 PM | Report abuse

jezebel,
There are a lot of funny quotes on Celebritolgy, but your Lost crap thing made me laugh so hard I thought I was going to get fired.
Jon and Kate, Carrie Prejean, Sarah Palin, Maxim's hot list, Paris Hilton, and a huge list of other terrible, mind numbingly dumb shows and people are ok to discuss, but Lost is crap. too funny!!
By the way do you see the list of comments every week? Most items 10 to 40 comments, Lost 80 to 120 comments.

Posted by: Iowahoosier | May 14, 2009 12:44 PM | Report abuse

The plot thickens re. Kate Winslet and Leo. She was hanging all over him at one of the awards shows (Golden Globes I think?) and went on and on about him but barely even mentioned or acknowledged her husband. And now wears a ring with her wedding rings? Hmmm. Maybe it's just an infatuation. After all, he only dates models.

Brangelina brood running wild. I am shocked. Shocked, I say.

I keep hoping we're at 14:59 with both Sarah and Carrie ...

Posted by: Californian11 | May 14, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Just when I thought the vapid idiot couldn't be any more hypocritical she tries to make out that she's some kind of a modest virginal victim of the elements. LOL. Her stated ambition prior to all this was to be a Victoria's Secret model. Having worked on several fashion shoots with Mr. Hermespal, let me tell you that working models view toplessness with about as much excitement as a two-toed sloth (which makes the guys on the shoot very happy). It is SO not a big deal.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 14, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Palin's giving Carrie birth control advice, too.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 14, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Where is everyone? Cutting out early for the tiki bar?

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 14, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Doesn't Palin have anything better to do, like, oh, govern a state? Maybe parent her own children on the side?

Posted by: northgs | May 14, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Does Mr. Hermespal need an assistant?

I'm kind of surprised that JayZ doesn't have his own brand of PB&J. Something like Roccabutter and Jelly.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | May 14, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Oh, by the way, I'm stuck in quarters for 48 hours since I had my wisdom teeth removed today. I think we need to have a good Friday list tomorrow.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | May 14, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, it's great to have you back. And in case you don't already realize this, the quality snark here at Celebritology goes well with Tylenol 3. Feel better!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 14, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Liz, I am sure you will do anything for our fellow Lizard in uniform who is also in pain.

Not that anything will make you forget. Maybe LiLow will loan you some of her really good drugs. That might help.

Posted by: epjd | May 14, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Barkeep, a fancy frozen drink for poor baby Dorkus. (More than one way to numb the pain). Put it on my tab.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 14, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Sorry Dorkus, Mr. Hermespal has since moved on to working with other photographers and is not doing much in the way of fashion anymore. This is the last shoot we did--she was great: http://www.sangrealjeans.com/index.html

Does that do anything for the pain?

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 14, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 14, 2009 2:11 PM
==========
So do European women. It's us Americans who are so hung up.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 14, 2009 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Hi Dorkus, welcome home/back!
I advise mixing rum, coca cola and lime (Cuba Libre, anyone?) with your meds! (After all, I am the official barkeep of Lizard Island.)
methinks

Posted by: pras40 | May 14, 2009 5:34 PM | Report abuse

Spontaneous Boob Shot!

Spontaneous Boob Shot!

Spontaneous Boob Shot!

Am I Miss California, yet?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 14, 2009 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, Much as I [heart] our noble barkeep methinks, be cautious combining alcohol and meds. Doc Hodie can advise how much time to allow alternating doses (maybe a couple hours?). If all else fails, consider a mocktail or milkshake (no, not THAT kind).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 14, 2009 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Sas
Am I Miss California, yet?

Sorry, too furry. Also, there may be a residence or birth requirement (are you originally from, say, the Trinity Alps?).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 14, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

(are you originally from, say, the Trinity Alps?).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 14, 2009 5:44 PM

-----------------------------------------
Nosy, I think you're confusing me with my cryptid friend, Commander Salamander.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 14, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Yes, of course mdreader. I was simply laughing that miss cali seems to be implying that she has never exposed a breast during a photo shoot.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 14, 2009 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 14, 2009 6:04 PM |

--------------------------------------------
Every picture of Carrie Prejean exposes a boob.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 14, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Indeed you are correct my furry friend.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 14, 2009 6:09 PM | Report abuse

Sas
Commander Salamander

Any relation to Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 14, 2009 6:15 PM | Report abuse

For anyone in need of a BKD tonight, visit

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 14, 2009 6:17 PM | Report abuse

Gotta run. There's an artichoke with my name on it in the kitchen.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 14, 2009 6:18 PM | Report abuse

I should check out too. I have a date with Mr. Hermespal ;-)

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 14, 2009 6:31 PM | Report abuse

Don't worry Nosy, I try to stay away from the Courtney Love diet. Besides the Army still won't let me have any alcohol. Guess the percocet will have to do.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | May 14, 2009 6:55 PM | Report abuse

I am done with Carrie Prejean Oand I'm actually glad I missed most of he story), but I do recommend that the other guys check out the story link and check out Miss Rhode Island's pics.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | May 14, 2009 7:02 PM | Report abuse

Sas
Commander Salamander

Any relation to Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 14, 2009 6:15 PM

------------------------------------------

Only if Bill Kirchen is playing lead guitar.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 14, 2009 7:11 PM | Report abuse

Every picture of Carrie Prejean exposes a boob.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 14, 2009 6:08 PM
* * *

Sas, you owe me one new keyboard -- mine now has a Starbucks mocha splattered all over it. Yours is totally Comment of the Week material.

-The Poster Formerly Known as Snarky Squirrel