Posted at 7:22 AM ET, 05/27/2009

Mike Tyson's Daughter Dies; T.I. Begins Prison Sentence

By Liz Kelly
Wednesday

Headlines: Mike Tyson's four-year-old daughter dies following treadmill cord accident... Celebrities react to California court's decision to uphold Proposition 8... TomKat and Suri hit D.C. for Memorial Day concert, museums... "Real Housewives" setting up shop in D.C... Recession hits hip-hoppers in the bling... Al Pacino to play Jack Kevorkian in HBO movie... "Full House's" Jodie Sweetin details drug abuse in new memoir... Settlement reached over disbursement of James Brown's estate.

Crime Watch: T.I. begins federal prison sentence.

Video: Stephen Baldwin shares his foundation garment preferences with Hoda and Kathie Lee:

More: Have a spare 35 mins? Then watch this Obsessed interview with "Real Housewives of New York's" Kelly Bensimon. Only three mins? Then just watch these two illuminating clips.

Rumor Mill: Michael Lohan arrested for threatening fiancee, claims New York Post... Kate Gosselin gave husband Jon $5-a-day allowance, says former co-worker; entire show is fake, says sis-in-law... Paris Hilton denies being kicked off Cannes yacht... Did Katherine Heigl's salary demands get her dropped from movie?... Demi Moore flying to U.K. to support Susan Boyle at "Britain's Got Talent" finale... Kate Moss working on novel about (surprise) a young model suddenly thrust into the limelight.

Say What?
"I don't want to be stalked!!! It's all fun and games until somebody gets stalked." -- Tweet-obsessed celeb Ashton Kutcher reacts to news of a possible Twitter reality show.

"I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book's autograph." -- Kanye West, son of former English professor.

Bonus: Cameron's house from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" for sale.

By Liz Kelly  | May 27, 2009; 7:22 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Evangeline Lilly -- the Next Angelina Jolie? (Doubtful)
Next: Brooke Hogan Wings Her Way Back into Pop

Comments

Jodie Sweetin's penning a memior, eh?

How rude.

Posted by: VTDuffman | May 27, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

$5 dollars a day? Hey, one can live large on the dollar menu.

Paris say's "I would never do that...", yeah, come'on give her a break. She probably had to go really bad and Doug was just "helping".

Demi planning to support Susan Boyle by whistling back-up through the gap in her front teeth?

Kanye, what an idiot.

Posted by: hodie | May 27, 2009 9:50 AM | Report abuse

""Full House's" Jodie Sweetin details drug abuse in new memoir" -- Well, I hope she explains Pants Off Dance Off because I am still mystified by that one.

"Kate Gosselin gave husband Jon $5-a-day allowance" -- Sadly, The Children's Place doesn't sell sizes larger than 6T so Jon has to buy his own clothes.

"Al Pacino to play Jack Kevorkian in HBO movie" -- Look for the scenes where he alternately chants "Attica" and "You're out of hemlock. This whole HOSPITAL is out of hemlock!" And stay away from the cannoli.

"Demi Moore flying to U.K. to support Susan Boyle at "Britain's Got Talent" finale" -- Am I the only one who is thinking Demi is planning a Susan Boyle biopic? We'll have to examine Demi's eyebrows very closely at the BGT finale.

"Cameron's house from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" for sale." -- If you live in the house and stuff a lump of coal up your _ _ _, in two weeks you'll have a diamond.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 27, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Jon and Kate plus a staff of 8 'writers' who arent writers because then they'd have to get SAG credit... of COURSE it's fake. I'll bet even the World's Biggest Loser is scripted - hell, I'd bet the scales were rigged.
A story from my childhood... growing up in the absolute hellhole of Dick Armey country - one day Bobby Ewing died on Dallas. A family friend owned a florist - they got a hundred funeral wreath orders from bereaved people across the country who wanted to pay their respects (and so hundreds of arrangements went out to Southfork to the somewhat bemused amazement of the actual owner). Reality TV just blurs a line that, for many, is already a very confusing distinction.

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | May 27, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

The Real Housewives of DC Drinking Game

1 sip if someone mentions politics

2 sips if someone argues about politics

Down your glass if a housewife decides to run for office.

1 sip when the Metro is shown

3 sips if the Metro station is located in Georgetown

Down your glass if a housewife is actually riding the Metro.

1 sip if the housewives shop in Chevy Chase

2 sips if the housewives shop in Georgetown

Down your glass if the housewives shop at the Leesburg Outlet Mall.

1 sip if the housewives spend the day at the Middleburg steeplechase

2 sips if the housewives spend the day in St. Michaels

Down your glass if the housewives spend the day at Charlestown Races and Slots.

1 sip if the housewives eat lobster.

2 sips if the housewives eat Maryland blue crabs.

Down your glass if the housewives order a half smoke at Ben's Chili Bowl.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 27, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

quintilius, which was more of a hellhole: Dick Armey country or Tom DeLay country?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 27, 2009 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Great Recession Rap:

I don't want a necklace made of abalone, I
don't want a grill of spray painted macaroni, I
don't want to come off like a dime store phony, I
just want you to lay off my cubic zirconia.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 27, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Slow day.

Posted by: kabuki3 | May 27, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Uh, Kanye? A "book's autograph"? Wha'??

Posted by: jaybbub | May 27, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

So sad about Mike Tyson's little girl. What a terrible tragedy for any family.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 27, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

memphis is about 30 miles east of forrest city, ark., and local tv sent a film crew to cover TI's arrival at prison.

Posted by: memphis1 | May 27, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

too funny... there's actually video.

Posted by: memphis1 | May 27, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

I don't like Mike Tyson & never have but how horrible for any family to lose a child like that.

I don't think there's Metro station in Georgetown or am I wrong?

I'm soooo over the whole Jon & Kate thing. Don't care anymore.

Posted by: wadejg | May 27, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

depends nosy... i think all the major texas cities have their little enclaves of sheol. Mine was very Heathers - without the exploding school.

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | May 27, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

I agree with Jaybbub. Uh, Kayne, books do not give autographs, authors do.

Posted by: Ariabob | May 27, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Gonna have to go to NY for this!

Posted by: memphis1 | May 27, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

I'm not going to lie- I totally thought the story about Tyson's daughter was a BS cover up to what actually happened until I learned that he was out of town at the time.

Now I believe it.

That's how little I trust anything having to do with Mike Tyson.

Posted by: kallieh | May 27, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

I don't think there's Metro station in Georgetown or am I wrong?

Posted by: wadejg | May 27, 2009 10:34 AM
=================
The "Georgetown Metro" refers to the major geographical weirdness in the movie "No Way Out."

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 27, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Sympathies to the Tyson family. Cords on blinds, hoodies, etc. kill lots of children each year.

James Brown settlement -- get a Will folks. One written by an experienced estate planner so your final wishes are clear. At the same time, get an Advanced Healthcare Directive (formerly a living will) so your loved ones don't have to make a difficult decision at an extremely emotional time. Attorney PSA over.

Kanye -- really? You know I don't know why anyone wants your autograph. I would rather read a book.

Posted by: epjd | May 27, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

oh yeah, I forgot:

Great rap Mdreader.

Posted by: epjd | May 27, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

I can't watch the 35 min video at work, so I did the next best thing. I read the comments. Here's two from SP:

"You can’t write a 'tangible dissertation' on a BlackBerry."

"I took a shot everytime she said 'amazing.' I now have to pee and the room is spinning."

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 27, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Please, no more J-9 or K8+8. Or better yet, a pic of Kate in a blue dress that shows off her butt, which we haven't noticed since she's been running her mouth so much.

How Paris of her to deny her Cannes been kicked off the yacht. Guess that's the big $$ version of being voted off the island.

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 27, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

"Recession hits hip-hoppers in the bling." I knew that when I saw Flava Flav wearing a regular-size watch hanging around his neck.

Jodie Sweetin's drug abuse: you'd do drugs too, if you had to put up with the comic stylings of Dave Coulier every day.

Settlement reached over disbursement of James Brown's estate. Does that mean mama gets a brand new bag?

35 minutes with "Real Housewives of New York's" Kelly Bensimon is just enough time to dig a sufficiently deep shallow grave.

Does anyone else wonder how people surprised to learn the "entire show is fake" manage to make it through life (what with having nothing more than a rudimentary brain stem)?

Kathy Heigl, treasure the days when your salary demands lose movie roles. At the rate you're making friends in Hollywood, pretty soon you'll be lucky to get a job as a fluffer.

"Cameron's house from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" for sale." I hope they've fixed the garage.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 27, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

I love the Southfork story but it scares me.

Wait... Bobby Ewing is dead?!

Posted by: msame | May 27, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, my grandmother lives in Tom Delays old district, it's pretty nice, but kind of stuffy.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | May 27, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | May 27, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

You're right, wadejg. The closest one is, I believe, Foggy Bottom.

News flash! There's a photo of Shiloh actually WALKING ON HER OWN in that TomKat US magazine link.

Oh, and she's just as cute as a button.

"many of whom are finding it difficult to afford the diamond-encrusted pendants and heavy gold chains they have long used to project an aura of outsized wealth" -- oh, good god. Proof that money can't buy taste.

Posted by: Californian11 | May 27, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, I bet you have the coolest granny in her district, right?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 27, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Wait... Bobby Ewing is dead?!

Posted by: msame | May 27, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Don't worry msame, it was just a dream.

Posted by: hodie | May 27, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Californian

I thought most stars mainly wore "paste" in public (Madame Wellington-type stuff, for DCers).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 27, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Great Recession Rap Part Deux:

Ashton Kutcher's being stalked, but in the hood, we all be chased.
Californian11 says my blinged up homies got no taste.
Nosy_Parker is accusing us of wearing paste.
Quintilius says that Bobby Ewing died--now THAT'S a waste!

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 27, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Who gave Demi Moore the idea that Susan Boyle needs her "support"?

My god, this woman got where she is without anyone's help, and she's clearly capable of managing a simple contest finale without Demi's presence.

The ability of these celebrities to overestimate their worth to humanity is breathtaking.

Posted by: kjohnson3 | May 27, 2009 3:55 PM | Report abuse

kj3, Demi is not the only one doing the overestimating. After all, Simon Cowell is paying for her first class tickets to England.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 27, 2009 4:16 PM | Report abuse