Posted at 10:39 AM ET, 05/12/2009

Miss California's Battling Demons -- Her Own

By Liz Kelly

Update: Donald Trump says Carrie Prejean will retain the title of Miss California and remain the first-runner up in the Miss USA pageant. -- 11:17 a.m. ET

---

The self-possessed Carrie Prejean. (AP)

This morning we'll learn whether or not Carrie Prejean, aka Miss California, will be able to retain the title of Miss California. And, just in time, we've learned that Satan could be at the bottom of the kerfuffle.

For those who may have been paying attention to other news for the past week or so, Prejean is the Miss USA runner-up who told pageant judge and blogger Perez Hilton that she is against same-sex marriage. Her 15 minutes have been stretched a bit, though, by aftershocks including a possibly prohibited affiliation with the National Organization for Marriage, a boob job paid for by the pageant organization and nude pictures that surfaced online last week (and today).

This morning, Donald Trump will hold a press conference to let us know whether he'll fire her or, as he did with Tara Conner three years ago, allow her to retain her title after a little preaching and self-promotion.

But, in an interview yesterday on James Dobson's Focus on the Family broadcast, Prejean came clean about the shocking truth behind this explosive story: Satan.

Said Prejean when asked about her pageant Q&A about same-sex marriage:

I felt as though Satan was trying to tempt me in asking me this question. And then God was in my head and in my heart saying, "Do not compromise this. You need to stand up for me and you need to share with all these people . . . you need to witness to them and you need to show that you're not willing to compromise that for this title of Miss USA."

Dobson says Hilton, a "gay activist," tried to trap Prejean with his question knowing she had no time to seek advice and would have to give an instantaneous answer.

Give me a break.

Carrie Prejean was sent to the Miss USA pageant to represent the state of California, where she's lived all of her 21 years. California has been, in the distant and recent past, a testing ground for the legality of same-sex marriage. As recently as the November election, California's Proposition 8 (which revoked the right of same-sex couples to marry) was making national headlines.

Was Prejean so occupied with her pageant prep that she somehow missed this? I just don't get how asking a pageant contestant about one of the biggest news stories originating from her state is definable as "entrapment."

Satan had nothing to do with Prejean's lackluster intelligence and lack of preparation. And guess what James Dobson? Neither did Perez Hilton

Prejean will be returning for a second Focus on the Family interview today.

By Liz Kelly  | May 12, 2009; 10:39 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Comment Box
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Miss California's Fate to be Decided Today; Boy George Out of Jail
Next: Vanessa Hudgens Says She'd Strip for the Right Role; Lindsay Lohan Laughs Off Pregnancy Rumor

Comments

Dear Mr. Trump:

We have identified the Miss USA Pageant as a toxic asset. As a major real estate developer, considering the vulnerability of this economy, particularly in the real estate sector, we strongly recommend you divest from pageant activities.

Respectfully,

Your Bankers at Citibank.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 12, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Did Satan make her pose for those photos, too?

Girl needs to make a decision. She can't have it both ways.

Posted by: memphis1 | May 12, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

The Donald lets her keep her crown. Big surprise. Even less of a surprise, Trump saying he examined the photos "closely." I'll just bet you did.

Posted by: epjd | May 12, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Satan, eh? I think Miss Cali is confusing "flames" with "flaming".

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | May 12, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Come on Trump, fire her already. Not due to her views on Gay Marriage, but due to the fact she knowingly breached contract by having previously posed for the compromising pictures which she knew was against pageant rules.

Her comments about Gay Marriage, as dumb as they were, and the dumber they are getting, really should have nothing to do with why she would be fired but everything to do with why she didn't win the crown. Winning required her to be a good spokesperson (which she is not) and a representative of the US. Would not want anyone to think she could represent me!

And my suggestion to you Carrie, listen a little closer when God speaks to you.

Posted by: hodie | May 12, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Oh, I can't wait till the sex video/pictures kissing another gal/underage drinking ALSO surface in the internet. C'mon all you bloggers out there! Go fishing... it can't be THAT hard to find, right?

Posted by: ileschinder | May 12, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Liz,
You really brought your A game to this column. It's very well-written and engaging. Thanks!
Hugs and smooches,
Another Liz

Posted by: otherliz | May 12, 2009 11:38 AM | Report abuse

otherliz,

Yeah, she's getting better all the time. Like with yesterday's meta joke in the URL.

I'm confused by Miss Cali, though. I thought Satan was Dick Cheney, not Perez Hilton. That may have been last year.

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 12, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse

hodie...
Fire her?! hah - I'll give you odds he marries her!!!

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | May 12, 2009 11:54 AM | Report abuse

I just hope that someone who does have pictures out there sues Trump after they did not enter because they didn't meet the "qualifications".

Posted by: NCSEDC | May 12, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

The attacks against this girl were unfair. I hope the left keeps up things like this for the next few years; Republicans should have no problem coming back as the majority. I think Perez Hilton should be allowed to run wild on all the cable and network news programs all the time. That will insure a good outcome for the Right in 2010 and 2012.

Posted by: annapolis85 | May 12, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Hey Liz,

I usually really enjoy reading your columns, but recently I think they've gotten a bit politically charged and a little off putting, particularly this one as I think you're over reaching a bit by attacking this girl. Nevertheless, I want to make a few points.

"Satan" and "God," when being referred to in this context, are simply references to conscious. Everyone, regardless of religious beliefs or sexual orientation, has a conscious. Christians as part of their faith that God is watching over them (and on the flip side that Satan tempts them) ascribe the voice in their head to God's words.

When you're trying to make a moral or ethical decision, regardless of what it is or who you are, you grapple with two opposing decisions due to the sole nature of the situation. In this context, Perez Hilton is clearly looking for a pro gay marriage answer and obviously if she didn't provide him with that answer she risked losing her crown. She doesn't believe in gay marriage; consequently, that provides a bit of a dilemma. For almost everyone, the temptation to give Hilton the answer he wants just to placate him would be a violation of ethics. And if you did so, you might feel bad about it. Right? Well, for the Christian, this is Satan doing his work - tempting us into doing things we know are wrong.

The girl didn't think Lucifer beamed up from the ground and sat on her shoulder. That insinuation is ludicrous. All she meant is that she was tempted, much like Satan tempts you. Try not to be intolerant of Christian beliefs and disparage what is merely an extension of an ethical dilemma just because you disagree with the religion and or her opinion.

Regards,

Matt McDonald

Posted by: samuelmcdonald | May 12, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

"The attacks against this girl were unfair. I hope the left keeps up things..."

For God's sake, you don't need to turn everything into a right/left political whatever.

This is the freaking celebritology blog. We're snarking on this skank for being an idiot and a hypocrite (and a liar). Politics don't really have anything to do with it (not for me, anyway). You're just trying to make it political because she agrees with you politically.

She didn't get 1/10th of the derision that Miss Teen South Carolina got, and that had nothing to do with politics.

The bottom line is that these chicks put themselves in this position, and deserve everything the get both positive and negative as a result.

Posted by: VTDuffman | May 12, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Trump did the right thing, God bless his money-lovin' heart.

And here's to hoping that Trump won't allow next year's judges to hijack the pageant with their own political agendas and engage in the politics of personal destruction. Perez Hilton, go back to drawing genitalia on the photos of celebrities you fantasize about at night.

Posted by: WashingtonDame | May 12, 2009 12:26 PM | Report abuse

"The girl didn't think Lucifer beamed up from the ground and sat on her shoulder. That insinuation is ludicrous"

Where in the article did Liz insinuate this? Please point it out to me, all I read was that she was using her religion as an excuse for her lack of information, perparation and presentation. Please cite the part in this post that you feel disagrees with this notion.

"Try not to be intolerant of Christian beliefs and disparage what is merely an extension of an ethical dilemma just because you disagree with the religion and or her opinion."

Also please point out where Liz a) states she disagrees with Prejean's relision, or b) disagrees with her opinon on Gay marriage.

Posted by: VTDuffman | May 12, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse

"I'm happy that Carrie Prejean got to keep her crown, if for no other reason than it's a big finger-in-the-eye to those who mocked her faith, her views, and her right to express her own opinion in a respectful way. Carrie displayed a lot more tolerance and grace under pressure than her opponents."

What Crown? The First Runner-Up gets a crown? If you think that The Donald did this for any reason other than the publicity, you're fooling yourself.

Also, she displayed a lot more than tolerance and grace under pressure in those topless pictures (which she lied about taking - Thou shalt not bear false witness a comandment, FWIW).

Posted by: VTDuffman | May 12, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

How do you know she didn't think that. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. You don't know.

Posted by: adbspam | May 12, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

What is she thinking? She will never find work in the modeling business -- which by the way is dominated by gay designers, movers and shakers -- after saying the "ridiculous" things she said! What an idiot! Well, she has every right to choose to be an idiot!

Posted by: mimicre | May 12, 2009 12:39 PM | Report abuse

So, some backward Miss USA twit is capitalizing, while she can, on her looks? Big deal. They're just boobs, and not even real!

Posted by: chunche | May 12, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

And the BKD begins in 5,4,3,2,1....

Oh, wait... it's already here, isn't it?

Posted by: memphis1 | May 12, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Wow, if Satan is Perez Hilton than Satan's really comes down in the world of late. The ringing sound in her head isn't Satan, just her own incompetence.

Oh, and James Dobson is utter scum. Those two deserve each other.

Posted by: EricS2 | May 12, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Today's URL: miss_californias_battling_demo

Yup, on behalf of the gay-bashing Religious Republican Right. Except, shouldn't it be "demos," an abbreviation for "Democrats"? Or is it short for "demographics"?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Popcorn! Getcher popcorn hyeeeear! Sit back and have a snack while you enjoy the fireworks!

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | May 12, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

The only thing missing here is a quote from Dana Carvey's Church Lady.

Posted by: 44west | May 12, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

I don't understand why the liberals have labeled her an idiot because she is opposed to same sex marriage. President Obama is opposed to same sex marriage. The majority of the people in California which is the most liberal state in the nation voted against same sex marriage in their referendum. So she is hardly alone in her beliefs.

Posted by: buffysummers | May 12, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

I don't see how anyone can be oppossed to same sex marriage. If all men are created equal how can you deny some people rights?

just wondering.

As I have said before, I do not agree with her statements and I do not think people are calling her an idiot because she is against gay marriage. They are calling her an idiot because she is, as miss california, suppossed to think on her feet and give an answer that would not offend.

I do not agree with how people have treated her though. I think you should be able to debate her position without calling her names or talking about how she looks.

Posted by: supersonic1 | May 12, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of demographics, reliable polling is showing that younger people are far more accepting of same-sex marriage than older folks. As the elderly die off, and other Americans become more tolerant, Carrie Prejean's views will seem as archaic as those of Southern politicians who outlawed interracial marriage (see the Loving case in Virginia, where their marriage was finally upheld by the Supreme Court in the 1960s, i.e., during the lifetimes of more senior Lizards).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

If the AP story I read this morning is correct, Ms. CA's name sounds an awful lot like "Prays On". I laughed a little when I realized that.

Posted by: StuckatWork | May 12, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

While I would still abhor her views, I would think she was less of an idiot if she had managed to be eloquent about them. The whole point of those dumb questions is not so much what their opinions are, but how well-spoken they can be on their feet. She is a topless boob.

Posted by: Alison-in-TN | May 12, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

For real nosy. I don't see what the big deal is about gay marriage. No one is asking the anti-gay marriage people to go gay.

Geez live and let live. Most of the gay people I know want to be legally married to protect thier children.

Posted by: supersonic1 | May 12, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Matt Macdonald,

I believe Carrie Prejean was accusing Perez Hilton of channeling Satan. That's kind of inflamatory and not very Christian, although I happen to agree with her...for entirely different reasons.

I will grant you one thing. It was truly rude, uncharitable and so like Perez Hilton to call her a "b!tch." She did not deserve that, nor do half of the celebrities deserve what Perez has to deliver.

Nevertheless, I believe, with her zeal to launch into a pro-marriage campaign, complete with her conversations and rationalizations with Rev. Dobson, she's managed to stoop to his level. Only, she's not just attacking Perez, but going after the entire gay community.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 12, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

I think you're being a little harsh on the girl. While I do get a little suspicious whenever someone says "Satan" like "he" is a neighbor (I prefer "the Devil" myself, and would like to think we are not on a first-name basis), my question:

Are the questions usually this politically charged at the Miss USA pageant? I mean, the winner had a relative softball about federal bailout funds or something, a topic far less controversial than gay marriage.

If the questions usually do run a political gamut, then she should've been better prepared (and if Satan was tempting her, I get that and respect her comments about temptation).

If not (I always thought the questions revolved around noncontroverial topics like illiteracy and world hunger -- things no one could possibly lobby "for"), then I think she's been unfairly targeted for criticism.

Either way, leave the girl alone.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 12, 2009 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and is anyone besides me finding it utterly delicious that THE DONALD agreed to let Miss California keep her title.

After all, there is no greater proponant of straight marriage out there than Donald Trump. He's collected so many of them over the years.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 12, 2009 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Anyone heard from Anita Bryant lately? Even though, unlike Prejean, she had genuine singing talent ("Paper Roses" was her hit, and done a lot better, long before Marie Osmond covered it).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2009 1:33 PM | Report abuse

td, most beauty contest questions at least used to be about "Whirled Peas."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Bawlmer, I'll have mine with extra butter!

Posted by: hodie | May 12, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

she's an idiot for throwing herself out there when she has so much baggage... holding up the miss ca pageant for a boob job, omitting in her pageant app that she posed topless, and then lying about it... letting herself be used by people who will throw her under the bus in a heartbeat if it suits them...

there are a lot of reasons she's an idiot. opposing gay marriage isn't really one of them.

Posted by: memphis1 | May 12, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Hey Matt McDonald, the word you want is "conscience" (as in knowing right or wrong) not conscious (being awake). So, everyone (who is awake) has a conscious, but some people seem not to have a conscience (the Donald?). Many people do believe that "Satan" is a real entity, not a personification of evil. The rest of your rant is just as ridiculous.

Posted by: jstoltman | May 12, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

"I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman but I detest the bashing and vilifying of gays and lesbians." --Barack Obama (http://www.ontheissues.org/Barack_Obama.htm)
The president, who represents the nation, can state his beliefs on the topic, but Miss California, who "represents" the state that denied Proposition 8, should not? The question was intended to offend a good percentage of the population no matter how it was answered.

Posted by: highlander12 | May 12, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

"I don't understand why the liberals have labeled her an idiot because she is opposed to same sex marriage."

You don't understand this because it's not true and you're making it up. There's plenty of reasons to label this chick an idiot that have nothing to do with her stance on marriage equality.

You're lying as bad as a pageant contestant when asked if she's ever had racy pictures taken of herself.

Posted by: VTDuffman | May 12, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

I have no problem with this chick having her own religious convictions. But I have a serious problem with pageant organizers paying for surgery to alter her appearance, which seems very unethical to me....whether "Satan" made her do it or not.

Posted by: possum_pouch | May 12, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Re: the underwear pics: I would be curious to see how many participants did NOT have questionable photos of themselves floating around somewhere. With Facebook and MySpace, odds must be pretty high at this point- particularly if you take pictures of yourself for a living.
And 44west, I too thought of the Church Lady. I had an image of Jon Lovitz materializing onstage in a puff of red smoke.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | May 12, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

With The Donald it's all about the money. If he'd sacked Prejean she could've filed a lawsuit which, even if dismissed or settled out of court, would've cost him big bucks and harm to his image.

The Miss California folks were clever to "layer in" their runner-up as an "ambassador." After all, who hasn't seen an executive rendered toothless (except for title) by the placement of a colleague or new hire in a specially-created position on the job hierarchy just a step below the executive, while the latter is job-hunting? I saw a guy who endured five years of such humiliation and impotence because it took him that long to find a new gig; yeah, he still collected a paycheck, but no raises and abundant scorn.

Has anyone determined definitively whether Prejean's photos en déshabille were taken while she was still an innocent maiden of 17 (as she claims), or in the past few months since her pageant-funded new "shoes" were implanted? I'm sure a few Lizards would volunteer to research this matter in close detail. A show of hands?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
I'm soo tired of this story.

Posted by: jezebel3 | May 12, 2009 2:03 PM | Report abuse

jezzzzzzzzzzzzz, hang in there, her 15 minutes are just about up.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Look, while not particularly well articulated, there was nothing wrong with what Prejean said, in that she began her answer saying that these were her personal views. End of story. I happen to personally disagree with her, but she's entitled to her view and me mine.

And why are we shocked that she got a boob job or posed for racy pics? There is a certain irony in how James Dobson doesn't ahve a problem with soft-porn in this instance...

But the bottom line is that Prejean is doing everything she can to capitalize on her notoriety. That's America.

Maybe if gossip scribes stopped writing about her, we wouldn't even be having this dicussion.

Posted by: thinman1 | May 12, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jstoltman | May 12, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

LOL!!!!!

Posted by: jezebel3 | May 12, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

VTDuffman - Can you seriously say with a straight face that all the people, including you, who are calling her an idiot would feel the same way if she gave an equally garbled response but ended with "and that's why I support gay marriage." I highly doubt you would be so concerned that she wasn't prepared for tough questions. This is all about her opposition to gay marriage and anyone who claims this is only about the coherence of her response is not fooling anyone.

Posted by: buffysummers | May 12, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Marriage should be limited to the sacred joining of two unwilling teenagers.
And I wish the pageant organizers would pay for a decent The Donald hair piece.

Posted by: possum_pouch | May 12, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Nude? I remember when that meant no clothing on, as in naked. These photos are not nude, and they're about as exciting as kissing my sister.

Posted by: kabuki3 | May 12, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

"Can you seriously say with a straight face that all the people, including you, who are calling her an idiot would feel the same way if she gave an equally garbled response but ended with "and that's why I support gay marriage.""

Me? Yeah, I can. But that's because I don't blindly defend people who happen to agree with me politically. An idiot is an idiot is an idiot.

The example I gave earlier was Miss Teen South Carolina from that pageant a few years back. She was a trainwreck, and everyone piled on. The difference between her and this chick is that roughly half of the country feels the need to defend her because they agree with her politically.

Posted by: VTDuffman | May 12, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

This is all about Prejean trying to cloak her (and her mother's) bigotry in religion and ultra-conservative politics. Small wonder both are on the wane. Prejudice against same-sex marriage will, with time, go the way of prejudice against interracial marriage.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

I support gay marriage because I believe they have the right to be just as miserable as the rest of us.
--Kinky Friedman, the sage of Texas.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe I've been missing this most excellent BKD!!!

I've not been keeping up with this too much, mainly b/c I don't actually give a rat's patoot about Ms. America or USA or whatever. But when I saw a snippet of the pageant on the news I couldn't help but think "This is how we're still judging women/us? Pathetic." A pathetic parading around of women like livestock at an auction, where clearly, smarts and the ability to articulate a coherent and clear opinion on the spot, do not matter a whit. That is the problem here.

Posted by: jelo97 | May 12, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

The bigger deal is that she lied about the pictures. Another state's "contestant" apparently had similar pics taken at some point and revealed this to the organization and was told they were fine, etc. the problem is that Miss CA did not - yes, they came out after her "answer" to the gay marriage question, but she lied and then got caught.

Also, if anyone has not heard her answer, it's incredibly stupid. She starts out okay and then it's like she realizes that her answer is not going to fly with some people and refers to "opposite" marriage. Okay, not as bad as maps, such as, but bad. It just made no sense for about 75-80% of her answer.

Posted by: suzannepdc | May 12, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

So it's OK to lie if you're a religious-right type, Carrie?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

I can't even remember our last good BKD!

Jelo makes an excellent point. The organizer of Miss California pageant, when queried about the implants, replied "Most title holders have implants, I didn't think it was a big deal." I was gobsmacked. It's considered so "normal" that it's de riguer for a beauty pageant contestant to be surgically enhanced? Just yuck.

I could give a hoot what her politics are, a vapid inarticulate idiot is a vapid inarticulate idiot. Uh, Megan Fox, are you listening?

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 12, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: highlander12 | May 12, 2009 1:47 PM

And you know what, there are topless photos of Barack Obama floating around on the internets, too. The mind reels.

I sure hope The Donald lets Barack keep his job.

Posted by: trichobezoar | May 12, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Silicone Implants.............$80,000

Weekly botox injections........$5,000

Spray-on tanning sessions......$3,000

Scale salary for P. Hilton....$40,000

Endless publicity for Donald Trump: Priceless

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 12, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, thanks for the Kinky Wisdom. To paraphrase one of his more popular tunes, they don't make 'em like Kinky, anymore.

Lizards, I told you that this would be a Karmic Snark Day. And if silly cone implants count, it's also a Booby Kennedy Day.

Sorcerers Cat, you gets a Hooters Tee shirt for using "hoot" in the same posting with breast implants.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 12, 2009 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Marriage should be limited to the sacred joining of two unwilling teenagers.
And I wish the pageant organizers would pay for a decent The Donald hair piece.

Posted by: possum_pouch | May 12, 2009 2:57 PM

--------------------------------------------
Perhaps we can persuade Liz to discuss The Donald's cranial topiary on Thursday.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 12, 2009 5:25 PM | Report abuse

You know what Sas, I think that was a classic case of word association because I was thinking earlier that she looks like a hooters waitress. I, however, do not want or need a hooters t-shirt since I, and Californian, and a few other of the female lizards are sporting the "They're real, and they're fabulous" t-shirts ;-)

I have often wondered what would happen if someone threw a bucket of water at the Donald.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 12, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 12, 2009 5:40 PM
================

It would be like Mentos and Diet Coke!

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 12, 2009 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Congratulations to Carrie Prejean!!! She stood up and said what was right and true and the entertainment did their best to attack her and assassinate her character. Donald Trump defended her as he needed to. Carrie is an American hero. Who even knows who Kristen Dalton is? It will be Miss California who is remembered next year and the years after for her courageous stance and the severe persecution and hatred from the media and even Liz Kelly.

So proud of Carrie!!! Go, girl, go!!!

It is fascinating that no "women's rights" groups defended Ms. Prejean and her right to speech and self-expression. That the one who defended her suffrage and right to expression runs a beauty pageant. The left does not stand for or tolerate women at all. The intolerance and extreme hatred came from the Left these past few weeks, not from the Right.

Posted by: pusherman | May 12, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 12, 2009 5:40 PM
================

It would be like Mentos and Diet Coke!

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 12, 2009 5:45 PM

CONTACT THE MYTH BUSTERS!!!!!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 12, 2009 6:23 PM | Report abuse

--Liz's commentary

-----------------------------------------

Isn't kerfuffle a special spray adhesive that pageant contestants use to secure their Satanic swimsuits to their bottoms?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 12, 2009 6:24 PM | Report abuse

Kate Gosselin accused of having an affair!

Next up on Jon & Kate Plus 8: Jon & Kate juggle their Kitchen Lists and child care schedules.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 12, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

did she put electric tape on her nipples?

Posted by: katavo | May 12, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

did she put electric tape on her nipples?

Posted by: katavo | May 12, 2009 6:54 PM
=============
Yes, once during the Gitmo portion of the competition. And again, during her salute to Wendy O Williams during the talent portion of the competition.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 12, 2009 11:42 PM | Report abuse

She stated yesterday that she "forgot" that she took those photos, and how many people remember what they did when they were sixteen...If she can't remember what she did five years ago then someone should check her for signs of early onset Alzheimer's or drugs.

Posted by: Lindalin | May 13, 2009 6:52 AM | Report abuse

Pageants are an anachronism that need to end, and this whole episode shows why (these girls are chosen because of how they look but they pretend it is for some other reason) but instead the controversy just keeps attention on these ridiculous exercises and on Trump -- which he loves. Blecch. I haven't watched a pageant since I was a kid and I wish they would go away.

Posted by: msame | May 13, 2009 8:18 AM | Report abuse

"That the one who defended her suffrage and right to expression runs a beauty pageant."

Suffrage?

The Miss USA Pageant defended her right to vote?

FWIW, I agree with the Miss USA pageant on this one - no one should take away her right to vote, no matter how much of an idiot she is.

Posted by: VTDuffman | May 13, 2009 8:46 AM | Report abuse