Posted at 8:35 AM ET, 05/12/2009

Miss California's Fate to be Decided Today; Boy George Out of Jail

By Liz Kelly

Ben Barnes and Jessica Biel attend a screening of their new movie 'Easy Virtue' on Monday in New York. (Getty Images)
Tuesday

Headlines: Carrie Prejean's fate postponed to today's Donald Trump presser; pageant officials appoint runner-up as "ambassador"... Boy George released from prison early... Brooke Shields says headbutter Kiefer Sutherland has "always been a gentleman"... Jamie Foxx to host BET Awards... George Hamilton details affairs (including one with his stepmother) in new book... Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio donate to last Titanic survivor's care... T.I. says he's ready to be a role model (as soon as he gets out of jail)... Nick Cannon accuses Eminem of "racial bigotry"... Neil Patrick Harris tops sexy men list... Lawsuit could derail Michael Jackson's planned London concerts... Maya Rudolph pregnant with second child... Octo-mom says surgery won't make it impossible to have more kids... Michael Landon's oldest son dead at 60.

Pix and Video: Amy Winehouse's comeback performance an unmitigated disaster... Jake Gyllenhaal and his abs filming "Prince of Persia."

Crime Watch: Woman seeks restraining order against Ryan O'Neal for alleged explicit calls.

Rumor Mill: Chris Brown denies leaking alleged nude Rihanna pix... Patrick Swayze battling lung infection?... Lindsay Lohan pregnancy rumor makes the rounds... Katie Holmes stressed by pressure to get pregnant again?

Say What?
"I don't want to have to be like a Scarlett Johansson — who I have nothing against, but I don't want to have to go on talk shows and pull out every single SAT word I've ever learned to prove, like, 'Take me seriously, I am intelligent, I can speak.' I don't want to have to do that. I resent having to prove that I'm not a retard — but I do. And part of it is my own fault." -- Megan Fox in the June issue of Esquire.

---

Join Jen Chaney and me for tomorrow evening's "Lost" Happy Hour from 5 - 8 p.m. at Adams-Morgan's The Reef. We'll engage in a little cocktailing to calm our finale night nerves. Added incentive: "Lost"-themed drinks and giveaways!

By Liz Kelly  | May 12, 2009; 8:35 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Getting Game at the Correspondents' Dinner
Next: Miss California's Battling Demons -- Her Own

Comments

"Carrie Prejean's fate postponed to today's Donald Trump presser" Presser? He hardly knows her! http://instantrimshot.com/

Pageant officials appoint runner-up as "ambassador"... Is "ambassador" in quotes because everyone knows she's really just a spy?

Boy George released from prison early... promises to chain himself to radiator at home until sentence is complete.

George Hamilton's affair with his stepmother - Shia Leboeuf says, "dude's totally my hero, man."

"Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio donate to last Titanic survivor's care." I suppose it would be churlish to ask why they didn't do anything sooner, like, say, on April 16, 1912?

"T.I. says he's ready to be a role model (as soon as he gets out of jail)..." I thought the idea was YOU set 'em up, Liz Kelly, and WE knock 'em down?

Now we know: Neil Patrick Harris is a top.

Octo-mom, with 14 kids, you'll be lucky to get a date, never mind pregnant.

Michael Landon's oldest son dead at 60. Trivia: Mark Landon was adopted by Michael; father was only 13 years older than son.

Hey, Megan Fox: those guys reading your latest interview in Maxim and choking their chickens DO NOT CARE whether or not you're "a retard." In fact, the only real "reading" they're doing is to skim the pages looking for your name near the words "shower" or "nude scene."

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 12, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Better keep that Octomom away from Lance Armstrong. They both seem intent on scattering the world with offspring to prove their woman/manhood and are nuttier than squirrel poop (despite a nut shortage).
Now, Byoo, can't you make a joke involving Lance and squirrels hoarding nuts for the winter?

Posted by: possum_pouch | May 12, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Folks, today is a karmic convergence in the Snark World. It's Yogi Berra's birthday. It's George Carlin's birthday. And it's the anniversary of the date that the body of the Lindbergh baby was found.

Let's be careful out there.

Perhaps George Hamilton should run for political office by reviving the slogan, He's tan, rested and READY."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 12, 2009 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Where do I sign up for the Brooke Shields School of Manners and Etiquette? I'll bet Gary Busey is an instructor.

At least Miss California doesn't have to hide her chest from the repo men yet. I'm guessing that would be a difficult task, at best.

I have nothing against ScarJo either, darn it!

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 12, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Byoo, just want to point out that the Octomom doesn't need a date to get pregnant. Just a syringe.

I see Jessica Biel left the diaper dress at home.

Posted by: epjd | May 12, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Reddragon, if you told ScarJo she had a nice body, I wonder if she would hold it against you?

Posted by: MzFitz | May 12, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

"George Hamilton details affairs (including one with his stepmother) in new book... "

I read the book. It's a fun, quick read, but not a lot of substance. Just like the author.

Posted by: jezebel3 | May 12, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Brooke says Kiefer has always been a gentleman. He even put his own jacket over the pool of blood from the jerk's nose so Brooke could step over it!

Watch out Boy George, Karma's not done with you.

Wanna bet George Hamilton downloaded "Motherlover" on his ipod?

Octomom only having a myomectomy, damn! How selfish can one get?

Lilo preggers? So Sam is a guy??! I knew it!

Don't worry Megan Foxx, you don't have to prove to us anything. We already know what you are so go ahead and quit that Kaplan course you were taking to prepare for Oprah.

Posted by: hodie | May 12, 2009 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Megan Fox just proved that she can't be taken seriously by her use of the word "retard." Oh and I don't think she is that hot either.

Posted by: supersonic1 | May 12, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

FREE BOY GEORGE! Haven't said that for a while. (What? He was? Yippee! I can only hope his fellow inmates sang him out the door with a rousing chorus of, "move move move away from me darling.")

So Eminem is rapping "I want her back, you punk." Back? Eminem and Mariah? He cleaned out more from that closet than I thought.

"Neil Patrick Harris tops" -- oh never mind. Byoolin beat me to it. EW says: "... an out gay man has topped AfterElton's Hot 100 list ... unseated Jake Gyllenhaal" -- so much for putting the Jake rumors to rest since Neil is an "out" gay man.

Wow, that Ryan O'Neal is something. Most people go to CarMax or a dealer; didn't realize that Preppy offered an alternative. Love means never having to say you're sorry for offering to do what you offered to do with someone who calls you old enough to be her grandfather.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 12, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Hey, early lizard love to the Swayze and I think Farrah needs some too. Ryan you are a jerk! Kiefer, your services are needed again.

Posted by: hodie | May 12, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

supersonic is dead on about megan fox and the use of the "r" word. grow up, megan!

Posted by: pras40 | May 12, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Can't you make a joke involving Lance and squirrels hoarding nuts for the winter?

Posted by: possum_pouch | May 12, 2009 9:37 AM

****

Well, I know that every October Lance emcees the Squirrels' big Acorn Dance. The highlight is when he chooses the Acorn Dance Queen and she is named the Belle of the Ball.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 12, 2009 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Just read the Michael Jackson article. Really, who signs a contract with Michael Jackson these days? If I were representing any of these guys, I would have told them not to do it in the first place. It's not even that Jackson changes his mind. He has no clue what others are doing in his name to enrich themselves.

Posted by: epjd | May 12, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Looks like Jake's got some serious PhotoShopping goin' on there....

Posted by: memphis1 | May 12, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Whose abs are those, anyway?

Posted by: memphis1 | May 12, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

"We got past the days where white men could spew vulgar obscenities at our beautiful queens and get away with it." Hmm...but Nick, do you feel the same way about the stuff he says about Sarah Palin, Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, his ex-wife and his own mama? Is it only bad if the woman is black?

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 12, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Eminem a bigot. Stop the presses! Or the pressers...

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 12, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Appears even the Almighty was offended by Amy Winehouse. Lightning and torrential rain ended the show mercifully early.

I am SO mourning that I can't go to the LOST happy hour. Please someone have a Mai Tai for me and I hope your "island gets moved"!

Posted by: hodie | May 12, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Maya Rudolph is pregnant with second child. Tom Cruise regrets not marrying Maya Rudolph.

Amy Winehouse's comeback concert is a disaster. Her promoters regret not signing on to do Michael Jackson's tour.

Boy George released from prison early. He regrets not calling Brooke Shields to defend his honor.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 12, 2009 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Okay, I totally didn't realize that Mariah Carey was non-white. As for misogyny in rap, Nick, is it okay if the rapper is black?

And when Mr. Cannon mentions "our beautiful queens," women were not the first beings who popped into my mind. I'm just sayin'.

Megan Fox, that's a battle you already lost.

You'd think common sense, or perhaps ongoing contact with Child Services, would be enough to keep Octomom from reproducing yet again.

Why doesn't Katie Holmes consult Octomom for pointers?

Posted by: northgs | May 12, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

I totally missed the obviously connection between Donald Trump's presser and Katie Holmes' pressure to reproduce. Obviously there is an unholy alliance between The Donald and Wee Tom.

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 12, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

ROFL, possum_pouch! :-)

Dissing ScarJo? Good going, wannabe-Angelina. Stay classy.

George Hamilton, ew, ew, EW. Maybe he and Woody Allen should get together and discuss stepfamily incest.

Ryan O'Neal, ew, ew, EW. Poor Farrah. I hope she isn't reading the news.

Posted by: Californian11 | May 12, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

I got nothing, except a lot of spray on my keyboard and computer screen. Thanks, Lizards!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

FWIW, there's an impressive BKD shaping up on today's second post. Popcorn, anyone?

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | May 12, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

This report just in...."The Donald" says that Ms. California can keep her sash and all it entails. The pictures were "fine"....nice to know that we have Donald to make all of these uber-important decisions.....

Posted by: irishone | May 12, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

irishone, with The Donald it's all about the money. If he'd sacked her she could've filed a lawsuit which, even if dismissed, would've cost him big bucks and harm to his image.

The Miss California folks were clever to "layer in" their runner-up as an "ambassador." After all, who hasn't seen an executive rendered powerless except for title by the placement of a colleague or new hire in a specially-created position on the job hierarchy just a step below the executive, while the latter is job-hunting? (I saw a guy who endured five years of such humiliation because it took him that long to find a new gig).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

a lawsuit which, even if dismissed, OR SETTLED OUT OF COURT

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2009 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone determined definitively whether Prejean's photos in déshabille were taken while she was still an innocent maiden of 17 (as she claims), or in the past few months since her pageant-funded new "shoes" were implanted? I'm sure a few Lizards would volunteer to research this matter in close detail.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Maybe we should call Lance Armstrong "Squirrel Nutkin" and Carrie Prejean can be "Boobs From Satan".

Posted by: possum_pouch | May 12, 2009 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of beauty pageant queens, any bets on whether former Miss North Dakota Roxana Saberi turns out to have been a real spy?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: possum_pouch | May 12, 2009 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Second the nomination! LMAO

Posted by: hodie | May 12, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

northgs is on fi-ya today!

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 12, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Let's hope Ryan O'Neal and John Edwards never decide to start a support group for spouses of cancer victims.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 12, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Megan, as they've said for many years, better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot than speak up and remove all doubt.

From what I read this morning, Carrie's mother sounds like a piece of work. Deranged work, but work. Sounds like accusing people of being homosexual (equating them with scum and evil) has been her modus operandi for years.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 12, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

The latest (to be revealed, not necessarily taken) photos definitely appear to be be pre-implant. Or else she has a pretty good case against her surgeon.

Posted by: yellojkt | May 12, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

I've changed my mind. Carrie should have a tattoo or t-shirt that says:
"Big Boobs 4 Jesus".

Posted by: possum_pouch | May 12, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

mdreader

Brain bleach, stat!

yellojkt, thank you for your diligent research.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2009 3:04 PM | Report abuse

I've changed my mind. Carrie should have a tattoo or t-shirt that says:
"Big Boobs 4 Jesus".

Posted by: possum_pouch | May 12, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

I'm thinkin' a tight t-shirt with WWJD? across it would do the trick.

Posted by: northgs | May 12, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

BeelzeBoobs!

Posted by: jelo97 | May 12, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Oh, well played jelo!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 12, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Brilliant, jelo!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2009 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Blessed are the embiggened, for they shall inherit....what? A free pole-dancing lesson from Paris Hilton? Some Lilo leggings?

Posted by: possum_pouch | May 12, 2009 5:32 PM | Report abuse

for they shall inherit....

scoliosis.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 12, 2009 5:47 PM | Report abuse

BeelzeBoobs: TOAS, with attitude. Jelo, you are a genius!

Posted by: northgs | May 12, 2009 6:45 PM | Report abuse