Posted at 8:20 AM ET, 05/ 6/2009

Paula Abdul Opens Up About Painkiller Addiction; Lil' Kim Out at 'Dancing'

By Liz Kelly

Wednesday

Headlines: Paula Abdul admits to 12-year painkiller addiction... Dom DeLuise dead at 75... Lil' Kim eliminated from "Dancing with the Stars"... NBC to air two-hour Farrah Fawcett cancer special... California pageant org. may sue Carrie Prejean for violations; Miss Universe org. asks National Organization for Marriage to stop using pageant footage...Marie Osmond comes out in favor of marriage equality... Diana biographer Andrew Morton planning to pen Angelina Jolie tell-all book... Russian authorities brand upcoming Madonna concert a "natural disaster"... "The Office's" Mindy Kaling inks development deal with ABC... White Stripes drummer Meg White engaged... "Thriller" video co-star sues Michael Jackson for royalties... Victoria Principal admits she pulled gun on maid, but says she was threatened.... Will.i.am wants to redefine "homeland security."

Pix: Jennifer Aniston's SmartWater ad... Michelle Obama's sleek new 'do.

Video: Mia Farrow details hunger strike in daily YouTube videos... Denise Richards butchers "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" at a Cubs game last Friday...

Rumor Mill: Kiefer Sutherland allegedly head-butts designer at Met gala after party... Cameron Diaz dumps British model Paul Sculfor... Lindsay Lohan spotted flirting with Jared Leto, supposed friend says Lohan is hooked on Adderall... Tila Tequila dating Ray J? (Smells like a reality show to me)...

Say What?
"I mean, no one wants to hear his sister having sex, let alone with a married dude who's, like, almost twice her age and who has eight kids and a maybe-crazy wife. Ick. Nast." -- The brother of Jon Gosselin's supposed mistress details the "Jon & Kate Plus 8's" alleged affair to Us Weekly.

By Liz Kelly  | May 6, 2009; 8:20 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Boob Job Doesn't Sink Miss California's Platform, Says Anti-Gay Marriage Group
Next: Christina Aguilera: Major Movie Star?

Comments

"Michelle Obama's sleek new 'do."

Yikes!!

Posted by: jezebel3 | May 6, 2009 8:50 AM | Report abuse

"Paula Abdul admits to 12-year painkiller addiction." I know how it is - drugs are the only way I could get through a season of American Idol, too.

Jon Gosselin's brother doth protest too much.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 6, 2009 9:06 AM | Report abuse

"Paula Abdul admits to 12-year painkiller addiction" -- and yesterday Eminem was talking about pills. You don't think her new single is a duet with him, do you?!

* * * *
Kiefer Sutherland "was running around wearing a giant feather boa and acting totally crazy. He was dancing feverishly and twirling people around all over the place. He seemed to be quite intoxicated."

Not only that, but "the argument stemmed from a conversation Sutherland was having with actress Brooke Shields" -- what was it about? Her Funny or Die video? How Kiefer wishes he'd gotten the Christopher Atkins role in The Blue Lagoon? Why she thinks Jack Bauer is a misogynist pig?

Why can't I get invited to parties like this?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 6, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Why can't I get invited to parties like this?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore |

****

I thought it was because the last party you attended a party like that, it was *you* who headbutted John Waters. That's what I heard, anyway.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 6, 2009 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Why can't I get invited to parties like this?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore |

****

Let's try that again, in English:

I thought it was because the last party 'like that' you attended, you headbutted John Waters. That's what I heard, anyway.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 6, 2009 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Correction: Mindy Kaling inked a deal with NBC, not ABC; it would have been a big surprise if she had switched networks.

Posted by: OneSockOn | May 6, 2009 9:17 AM | Report abuse

(Shh, byoolin. We were gonna keep that just between us, remember?)

* * * *
"NBC to air two-hour Farrah Fawcett cancer special" -- OK, just stop right there. Two hours?! Charlie's Angels didn't even air on that network.

Besides, what's NBC's fascination with bowels anyway? I'm still scarred from watching Katie Couric's colonoscopy and that was like 10 years ago.

What's next, "Where in the World is Matt Lauer's Ulcer?"

* * * *
"Thriller" video co-star sues Michael Jackson for royalties" -- OK, maybe I'm slow, but who is BUYING the video? And Ola honey, watch the news. MJ ain't exactly a money train right now.

* * * *
"Victoria Principal admits she pulled gun on maid, but says she was threatened" -- well get over you, Annie Oakley. Threatened how? Is she blackmailing you with proof you really weren't in the lab developing that skin care regimen you hawk on QVC? Does she have a Betamax tape of you and Andy Gibb getting busy?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 6, 2009 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Allowing Denise Richards to screech her way through "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" (when she clearly doesn't even know the words) is one of the things, in addition to steroids and the DH, that's wrong with the game.
*****
I didn't know Marie Osmond's daughter was gay. I must have missed Celebritology that day.
*****
C'mon, Carrie Prejean's 15 minutes were up, like, hours ago.

Posted by: pras40 | May 6, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Q: "Where in the World is Matt Lauer's Ulcer?"

A: You mean that's not what's sticking up above his shirt collar?
[Cue http://instantrimshot.com/]

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 6, 2009 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Russian Authorities brand Madonna a "natural disaster". Again they don't quite get it. There ain't nuthin' natural about that disaster.

Do you think Ola would be interested in a scary Chuckie's sister doll?

Kiefer head-butts designer at Met. I'm sure there was a good explanation like this designer was gonna try and dominate the world with his new line of pleated pants and Kiefer recognized that the monster had to be stopped.

Adderall addiction would explain Lilo's weight loss. Can be quite dangerous. Hope she gets the help she needs.

RIP Captain Chaos.

Posted by: hodie | May 6, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Does the Donald own Miss Universe, too?

Because you know, Carrie, you don't want to p*ss off the Donald....You'll never have your shot on Celebrity Apprentice if you p*ss off the Donald.

Posted by: memphis1 | May 6, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

I don't really watch DWTS, but I have flipped by it a couple of times.

Is it just me, or is Lil' Kim really, really weird looking? Every time I see her on there I have to stop and try to figure out what's wrong with her face?

She kind of looks like Michael jackson, IMHO.

Posted by: VTDuffman | May 6, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Yes, memphis, the Donald owns the Miss Universe pageant as well.

Anyone wanna bet that right now the NOM folks are scouring Miss USA's background like mad for anything dirt on winner Miss North Carolina that could force the Miss USA organization to dump her, thus giving the crown by default to runner-up Carrie?

byoolin and td, I've heard that in fact John Waters is a really nice, kind person.

I saw a bit of the Farrah cancer film on TV a few months ago (was it on "60 Minutes"?), and was surprised at what a good job Alana Stewart had done on it. Remember, everyone mocked Farrah mercilessly before "The Burning Bed" aired, too, and she got the last laugh (not to mention an Emmy).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 6, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse

"Victoria Principal has just filed a lawsuit, admitting she did pull a gun on her former maid"

Now we know who really shot JR.

Posted by: supersonic1 | May 6, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Gosselin mistress' brother -- please meet Shia LaBioef.

Very interesting that Marie Osmond is in favor of gay marriage now, based on this week's tabs.

Why is Denise Richards even allowed out of the house?

Posted by: epjd | May 6, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Actually, Nosy, I've met John Waters (he used to come into the bookstore where I worked years ago, just before the original "Hairspray") and he is indeed very nice. I'd never head butt him! (Barry Levinson, on the other hand ... kidding!)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 6, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

If Will.I.am wants to "redefine Homeland Security" perhaps he should talk to Victorial Principal.

I'm sorry, Nosy, I usually trust what you say, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around "Alana Stewart," "Farrah Fawcett," "cancer film," and "good job."

I mean, next thing you'll be telling me is that Paula Abdul admits to being an addict.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 6, 2009 10:46 AM | Report abuse

mdreader, I can only vouch for the clips I saw on TV, not the entire film.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 6, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Dunno if pro sports counts as entertainment, but former Washington Bullet (turned successful businessman) Dave Bing just got elected Mayor of Detroit. Best of luck in a tough job.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 6, 2009 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Why do people only come in out in favor of same-sex marriage if it affects THEM? You don't have to have a daughter/brother/mom who's gay to realize that this is a straight-up civil rights issue. C'mon, people! Crank open your minds and hearts a little!

Posted by: jaybbub | May 6, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

"if pro sports count"

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 6, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

And Michelle O, you know I love you - for reals! - but, uh, that hairdo is a big no.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 6, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

jaybbub, Yes in an ideal world, you're right. But it becomes more real when it's a loved one or good friend whose rights are getting trampled.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 6, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

mid week love to the swayze....

Posted by: LTL1 | May 6, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm...Mia Farrow on a hunger strike...don't care.

Lohan & Leto, that's an effed up law firm name if there ever was one!!

What's their combo name, Lito? Loto? LoJar? LoLe? JarLo? Oh the possibilities are endless!!

Posted by: wadejg | May 6, 2009 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Abuses made prisoners cower,
America's luster went sour;
No brute force, we now preach
But the word didnt reach
The actor portraying Jack Bauer

News Short & Sweet by JFD8

Posted by: jd121 | May 6, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Yay, it's a Daily Mail UK day!

I am incoherent with laughter over "Madonna scores own-goal ... "

"Very personal" footage of Farrah's battle with anal cancer? Oh, God. I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means, but I won't be watching. Ew.

Posted by: Californian11 | May 6, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Californian, the excerpts I saw on TV were totally discreet in that respect.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 6, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Californian11 | May 6, 2009 1:15 PM
=================
When expressing expected disgust, please use the latest Celebritology jargon, courtesy of the brother of the bimbo who is "dating" Jon Gosselin:

"Ick. Nast."

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 6, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Example:

Tila Tequila dating Ray J?

Ick. Nast.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 6, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

mdreader, I second that. Pretty good addition to the lexicon. Which, come to think of it, we haven't had a posting of the updated (?) version in a long time. Is it Mudge who is the keeper of the Terms?

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 6, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Us writes that Jason Hummel reveals the "blow by blow" of the relationship between his sister and Jon Gosselin. Later, Jason mentions that the "walls are thin" in the house he shares with his sister. Given all that, doesn't Jason Hummel realize that "Blow' is a figure of speech?

Re-make of the Page Six Headline:

Jack McCollough gets head-butt from butt-head

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 6, 2009 3:16 PM | Report abuse

...I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around "Alana Stewart," "Farrah Fawcett," "cancer film," and "good job."

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 6, 2009 10:46 AM

--------------------------------------------
Paula Abdul admits to being an addict.

Wrapping your brain around the juxtaposition of Alana Stewart, Farah Fawcett, cancer film and "good job" certainly beats wrapping your brain around the fact that you have stage 4 colon cancer.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 6, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Tila Tequila, just all by herself?

Ick. Nast.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 6, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

From the Page Six picture, it appears that the terminal disease Jack Bauer has in this season's 24 is herpes simplex-1.

Get DOWN!

Get down and take the Valtrex!

NOW!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 6, 2009 3:32 PM | Report abuse

"Ick. Nast."
----------------------------------

Heh heh. Well, I would have, mdreader01, but I admit I don't know what "nast" means.

Posted by: Californian11 | May 6, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Californian11 | May 6, 2009 3:59 PM

------------------------------------------
Nast is the last name of Conde, which may or may not be the stage name of a transvestite Condoleezza Rice impersonator.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 6, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Don't forget Thomas Nast, the 19th-century cartoonist credited with first depicting the Democratic and Republican parties as, respectively, a donkey and an elephant.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 6, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Tila Tequila should appear on a commercial for Justin Timberlake's 901 brand Tequila. As she lies semi-naked on a couch while young Adoni lick salt off her for body shots, she should look into the camera and say,

"I'm tequila. Just shoot me."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 6, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 6, 2009 3:27 PM
============
True. So I'll zero in on my problem:

Associating Alana Stewart with "good job." I remember the "George and Alana Show." It was dreadful.

Ick. Nast.