Posted at 9:50 AM ET, 05/22/2009

Sean Penn Calls Off Separation (Again); Alec Baldwin Banned from Philippines

By Liz Kelly
Friday

Headlines: Sean Penn changes his mind on separation from Robin Wright Penn (again)... Alec Baldwin banned from the Philippines... Paul McCartney's house removed from Google Street View... Spencer Pratt fails reality show medical exam... Edie Falco says clean living helped her beat cancer... Natalie Cole loses sister to cancer... Jay-Z leaves Def Jam Records... British actress Lucy Gordon dead in apparent suicide.

Crime Watch: Celebrity lawyer charged with conspiring to kill witness.

Pix: Amy Sedaris's picnic kitsch... Eva Green's overloaded lids... Hayden Panettiere's misspelled tattoo... Kate Hudson goes brunette... Paris Hilton and Doug Reinhardt make out at Cannes.

Video: "Lost's" Elizabeth Mitchell leads "V" reboot...

Rumor Mill: Kate Gosselin's brother says she didn't write her own book... Rashida Jones dating Obama speechwriter... Kanye West and Amber Rose split?... Rapper Aubrey "Drake" Graham says Rihanna is just a friend.

By Liz Kelly  | May 22, 2009; 9:50 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Darn You Gwyneth Paltrow -- I Like GOOP
Next: Fashion Faux Pas: From Paris to Carrot

Comments

"V" looks good!

Posted by: memphis1 | May 22, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Seeking volunteers for a GOOP "intervention" with Liz. The faint of heart need not apply.

Posted by: jezebel3 | May 22, 2009 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Sean Penn's seen more changes of heart than Dr. Christiaan Barnard.

Alec banned from the Philippines? This is almost EXACTLY how the Philippine–American War started. The United Nations urges restraint.

Spencer Pratt's medical exam showed he had none of the genetic qualities of a celebrity, but his levels of Insufferable Wanker were off the chart.

"Jeopardy!" Answer: Paris Hilton and _______ make out at _______.

"Jeopardy!" Question: What are all the items on a Paris Hilton 'Scavenger Hunt' list?

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 22, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

I dunno, will there be levitating beds, spinning heads and hurled pea soup involved?

Posted by: memphis1 | May 22, 2009 10:17 AM | Report abuse

sorry - the reboots are awful - but this one particularly so... They're intellectually lazy and too often change the focus of what made the stories interesting to begin with. Now they can be done right - when they handed Doom Patrol to Grant Morrison - that was fine... it was a 'we have a failing franchise and we really dont care what you do with it - go nuts' - and he did and it was spectacular. But what we usually see is they take something that worked, and worked again, and worked again, and just reshoot the thing with new actors and some new special effects - and the only changes they really make are efforts to homogenize and monetize the brand bridging. Star Trek is the best latest example... you dont take a shelby cobra, copy and mass manufacture it in China and pass it off as a shelby cobra reboot... whereas V was horrendous to begin with - so extending my analogy - it would be like rebooting the Pinto.

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | May 22, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Hayden Panettiere's misspelled tat is supposed to say "Live without regrets" in Italian. Gee, I can think of at least one regret she ought to have now.

Alec Baldwin banned from the Philippines.

I was unaware he wanted to go there.

Kate Gosselin's brother says she didn't write her own book.

Having a ghostwriter must mean that Kate really IS a celeb now.

Rashida Jones dating Obama speechwriter.

He's the OTHER Jon Favreau, and isn't he a lucky guy? She's smart, talented, well-educated, beautiful, and the daughter of Peggy Lipton and Quincy Jones.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 22, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Correction:

Alec Baldwin banned from the Philippines.

I was unaware he wanted to go TO there.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 22, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

That picture of Paris looks like she's trying to swallow him whole!!! Back up a little girlfriend we all know you're the most experience "ho" on the planet.

Posted by: irishone | May 22, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Ever hear of the saying in carpentry, "measure twice, cut once"? Perhaps there should be a "spellcheck twice, tattoo once" rule, eh Hayden?

Posted by: hodie | May 22, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

quintiliusvarus:

*shrug* There are those of us from a certain age who remember the original "V" miniseries fondly for all of it's horrendous cheesiness. But the basic SciFi premise is as old as the hills - it just gets wrapped up in different characters every couple of years.

What's a Doom Patrol and who/what is Shelby Cobra? And what does that have to do with a Pinto?

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | May 22, 2009 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Love love LOVE Amy Sedaris. She takes it to the absurd.

Hooray for Rashida Jones. Maybe we'll see her around the Dupont Circle/Cleveland Park area now!

Geez, Sean. What's going on? I'd like to think that you're on-again moments directly follow the family viewings of Princess Bride and Forrest Gump!

Posted by: eet7e | May 22, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

I have a vague memory of the original "V" -a lovely human looking female from space revealed her true reptilian nature when she opened her jaw unbelievably wide to swallow a rat whole.

Perhaps Paris Hilton wants a part in the new V miniseries?

Posted by: newengland1 | May 22, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Make up your mind Sean Penn. Or do we need to rescue Robin Wright Penn too when the Lizard Commandos go into rescue Katie Holmes?

And the people of the Phillipines celebrate wildly.

Not sure about the V reboot. Loved the original. Love BSG original, hated what they did with the reboot. So, I will watch but am ready to turn the channel quick.

Posted by: epjd | May 22, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

I think even Hayden could explain mail order to the Phillipine government. But she'd probably spell it "male order."

And it's nice to know that Paris's tongue is as big as her feet. Kinda like a guy's nose size and the size of his...

Posted by: kabuki3 | May 22, 2009 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Sean Penn reconsiders break-up
Eva Green wears messy make-up
Macca's not on Google Street View
Panettiere misspelled tattoo
"Drake" claims he is just a friend
Natalie Cole is on the mend.
Alec Baldwin is blacklisted
Bro says Kate's writing was assisted.
Edie's sober. She beat cancer.
Paris is a strong romancer.
Jay-Z tosses coin to leave
Amy's outfit makes me heave.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 22, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | May 22, 2009 11:34 AM
=============
Have fun storming the castle!

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 22, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

The ick-nast du jour. Have brain bleach at hand before reading the following. The AP reports:

Letourneau hosts 'Hot for Teacher' night at bar

SEATTLE (AP) — A teacher who became notorious in the 1990s for having an affair with a sixth-grader is hosting a "Hot for Teacher" night at a Seattle bar — along with the former student, now her husband.

Bar owner Mike Morris says Mary Kay Letourneau has served her sentence and it's OK for the couple to have some fun.

The 47-year-old Letourneau served seven years in prison after pleading guilty in 1997 to raping Vili Fualaau, now 26. They met when Fualaau was in second grade and began their affair when he was 12 and she was a 34-year-old married mother of four. They were married in 2005 and have two daughters together.

Morris says Saturday's event at Fuel Sports Eats & Beats will be their third "Hot for Teacher" night. She greets people and he DJs.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 22, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Alec is welcome to visit Possum Island. I think we can give him almost as fine a case of dysentery as he could get in the Phillipines, and for an extra $50, we can give him the Gang Warfare/Murder by Machete "Live Experience" Package in surround-sound.

Posted by: possum_pouch | May 22, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Mr. jelo and I can't figure out why someone as naturally pretty as Evan Green insists on the zombie look.

Don't get why Kate Hudson is considered to be all that in the first place.

I lived in the P.I. about thirty years ago. I wonder if Manila has improved. (I'm guessing not, but it would be nice if it did.)

And Liz, is "celebrity lawyer" mean he is a lawyer to celebrities or is he a celebrity lawyer like Clarence Darrow or Johnny Cochrane?

Posted by: jelo97 | May 22, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

jelo
Kate Hudson is considered to be all that in the first place

Probably because her mom's Goldie Hawn, and Kurt Russell is for all intents and purposes her stepfather.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 22, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

MdReader, thank goodness I work from home. You had me laughing and clapping.

Posted by: epjd | May 22, 2009 12:20 PM | Report abuse

I watched "V" when it first aired and have willingly watched it on DVD since. It is one of the most cheestostastic television series ever!
I will most definitely watch the reboot.

Posted by: pras40 | May 22, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse

How is it news that Kate Gosselin did not write her own book? Of course she had a ghostwriter -- Kate has eight children. I have two and can barely put together a grocery list.

Reality shows require medical exams? Someone needs to tell the folks at Bravo because I can think of at least half a dozen "real housewives" who aren't well.

Rashida Jones? Who's that? (Just kidding.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 22, 2009 12:31 PM | Report abuse

hmmm. . .still ain't feelin' it Nosy. Although I loves me some Kurt as Snake Plisskin.

re: V reboot. The only memory I have of that ridiculous mini-series was the lizard baby coming out of the lady's cooch! Awesome!

Posted by: jelo97 | May 22, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Maybe there could be an Octo-Mom twist on V--like how snakes give birth to a hundred baby snakes. 'Ceptin it would be like V-babies coming out of the Clown Car instead of human babies.

Just a thought, but y'all heard it here first, and I've got rights on that story.

Posted by: jelo97 | May 22, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jelo97 | May 22, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Oh, my God. The only thing worse would be the same plot with a "Yawn and Hate" tie-in.

Posted by: jezebel3 | May 22, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Wait, didn't the lizard baby erupt directly from her tummy? I have had nightmares about that for years...

Posted by: VaLGaL | May 22, 2009 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jelo97 | May 22, 2009 1:10 PM
=====================

Let's team up...

The aliens now seek out women on fertility treatments and substitute their IVF petrie dishes for alien petrie dishes.

The women undergo ultrasound and discover something is horribly wrong...

"M'am, your embryos appear to have powerful jaws and teeth already"

They attempt to have abortions only to be blocked by pro-life activists who argue that even aliens were created by God and therefore, sacred.

Civil rights advocates argue that the women were duped into having alien babies.

But the aliens hire these hot shot lawyers who argue that the women all signed liability waivers before the procedure.

Meantime, the aliens are getting elected to office and throwing regular people into Gitmo. One is trying to run for President. He was born in the US, so he is an American citizen. He's of age, but not human. The constitution doesn't really define that a President has to be a male human.

But we just accidently named one of the Aliens to the Supreme Court! Oh noes!

Don't you think this would be an excellent series?

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 22, 2009 1:23 PM | Report abuse

ROFL, byoolin and Nosy. :-D

Thanks, irishone. ;-) I wasn't going to look at that photo until I saw your comment and couldn't resist ... and gagged! Ick, nast. I'm still amazed at how none of these men seem to care that Paris has herpes.

Poor Natalie Cole. "Surreal" is a good word to describe it.

Posted by: Californian11 | May 22, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jezebel3 | May 22, 2009 1:14 PM
=================
I love "Yawn and Hate!"

This is great. Let's continue...

As the aliens begin taking over the television industry, they start infiltrating TLC "Family Monday" with shows like

"Table for 127"

"Take Home Alien"

"Trading Races"

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 22, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

I'm pitching V of Love. A show where 12 skanky human women vie for love with the V-Rocker on a spaceship traveling to Alpha Centauri. The winner will be liquified and her DNA seeded into a stellar nursery, from which a new species will evolve.

Why am I not a Hollywood screenwriter? Isn't sorcerers_cat a screenwriter. Now I've got contacts in the biz!

Posted by: jelo97 | May 22, 2009 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Oh damn damn damn--they noticed Spencer is an inferior specimen--we can't have that, folks. We're absolutely counting on them to send that prat to the jungle so we can sic all manner of horrible beasties and insects on him.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 22, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jezebel3 | May 22, 2009 1:14 PM
=================
I love "Yawn and Hate!"

This is great. Let's continue...

"Table for 127"

"Take Home Alien"

"Trading Races"

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 22, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

The Duggar mother MUST be an alien.

Posted by: jezebel3 | May 22, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Hey y'all, Friday love for The Swayze!

And I'll agree with at least one of my fellow posters - the original "V" was a craptacular experience. I'm thinking I'll hunt up a DVD for my long weekend...

Posted by: jaybbub | May 22, 2009 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Hi, jaybbub. Second our love for The Swayze, and add Farrah.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 22, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Hey, what do have against lizards? We're all lizards afterall?

Posted by: hodie | May 22, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

I think the Lizard Commandos really do need to go on a Robin Wright Penn rescue mission, stat.

Against my better judgment I looked at the Paris Hilton pic. SERIOUSLY Ick nast--I actually gagged. I'm hitting the Tiki bar early just to try to get that out of my mind's eye.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 22, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Kate Hudson goes brunette? Perhaps A-Rod can tell us if the drapes now match the carpet.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 22, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Ever hear of the saying in carpentry, "measure twice, cut once"?

Posted by: hodie | May 22, 2009 10:35 AM

---------------------------------------
I thought that was the Mohel Motto.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 22, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 22, 2009 2:50 PM |
-------------------------------------------
From the looks of the picture, that's what Paris did to Doug Reinhardt.

With equipment like that, Paris doesn't need a stick to play hockey.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 22, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

sas
I thought that was the Mohel Motto

SPLOOT. Oy vay!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 22, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

All I remember about the original "V" series was the alien guy eating the mouse in plain sight when he wasn't supposed to. Well, and that it was all really bad and starred someone (appropriately) named Badler. Cheese-tastic is right!

Beyond that, my memory is blurred between "V" and Stephen King's "The Tommyknockers" where all the people in Maine start growing tentacles.

Is it me, but isn't this movie kinda like "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with all the alien ships hovering over cities, blah blah blah?

And to continue the V-themed shows, don't forget "Top Alien: ____" and "The Real Aliens of ____" series. Mulitple possibilities!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 22, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Have a great long weekend everyone! ;-)

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 22, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, cat. You too! At least you get to be in California.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 22, 2009 5:57 PM | Report abuse