Posted at 8:30 AM ET, 05/21/2009

Spencer Pratt Releases Rap Single; Simon Cowell's Ex Attacked After 'Idol' Finale

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: Spencer Pratt (aka "Great White") releases rap single... Michael Jackson postpones comeback concerts... Alec Baldwin apologizes for "mail order bride" remark... New Jersey woman says husband made up Bruce Springsteen affair accusation... And this season's "American Idol" winner is... "Dancing with the Stars" co-host Samantha Harris headed to Broadway... Original cast signs on for "Ghostbusters 3"... Natalie Cole gets kidney transplant... Chad Lowe and girlfriend welcome daughter Mabel... Nas says pregnant soon-to-be-ex Kelis doesn't need child support payments.

Crime Watch: Simon Cowell ex Terri Seymour attacked after "American Idol" finale (attacker says it was in response to Cowell's on-air choking of Paula Abdul).

Pix: Angelina Jolie walks the Cannes red carpet... Britney Spears hits the beach with kids and "agent" Jason Trawick.

Video: Ann Curry interviews Brad Pitt at Cannes (fast forward to 5:25 to see Curry doing what she does best):

More: Ben Affleck duped into using spy pen.

Rumor Mill: Jennifer Aniston taking break due to exhaustion... Cher may co-star with Christina Aguilera in upcoming "Burlesque"... Rihanna spotted kissing Canadian hip-hopper... Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr engaged?

Say What?
"Quentin came to visit some time at the end of the summer, we talked about backstory, we talked about movies - I get up the next morning and see five empty bottles of wine right on the floor, five, and something that resembles a smoking apparatus - I don't know what that was about - and apparently I had agreed to do this film." -- Brad Pitt on how he ended up leading the cast of Quentin Tarantino's "Inglorious Basterds."

Chat Day: Join me at 2 p.m. ET for my favorite hour of your work week, Celebritology Live. Then Losties should stick around for a post-season "Lost" Hour chat at 3 p.m. ET.

By Liz Kelly  | May 21, 2009; 8:30 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Fashion Victim? Drew Barrymore's Retro Rage
Next: Darn You Gwyneth Paltrow -- I Like GOOP

Comments

"Spencer Pratt (aka "Great White") releases rap single..." I'm pretty sure the second-last word in that sentence is missing the letter 'c'.

"...to see Curry doing what she does best" implies that there's something she does well.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 21, 2009 8:42 AM | Report abuse

So, when is the duet between K-Fed and Mr. Scary Flesh Colored Beard Guy going to come out? I need to know when to hide in the bomb shelter.

Posted by: Osteph | May 21, 2009 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Can someone explain to me why Samantha Harris keeps getting work?

Posted by: jes11 | May 21, 2009 9:06 AM | Report abuse

From Us Magazine:
"I feel honored to now be a part of music history and be able to say I have the second best music on iTunes for sale next to my wife Heidi!"

It would appear that Spencer's real "talent" is his ability to auto-fellate.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 21, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

It takes five bottles of wine and a "smoking apparatus" to dupe Brad Pitt. With Ben Affleck, all you need to do is hand him a pen.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 21, 2009 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Tell me again why anyone signs a contrct with Michael Jackson. He always changes his mind and refuses to perform.

Nas, children are not accessories to your emotional baggage. Do not punish the kid because you hate your ex. Try to be the grown up here (like get a real fricking name).

Posted by: epjd | May 21, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

I see Mr. Pitt has been polishing his bull$#!&ing skills. Mr. Clooney? Is that you hiding behind the bong?

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | May 21, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Nas is so classy. I hope she takes him to the cleaners.

Posted by: supersonic1 | May 21, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

"Jennifer Aniston taking break due to exhaustion" -- thank goodness. We were all pretty tired of her.

"Chad Lowe and girlfriend welcome daughter Mabel" -- how Tracey Ullmann of them, naming their child Mabel.

Now I have running through my head, "Mabel, Mabel, sweet and able, keep your elbows off the table, go on out and get yourself a man" played on the piano by little Jing-Mei in "The Joy Luck Club." Well that's an interesting start to my day.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 21, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Ann Curry is a worse interviewer than Charlie Rose and that's saying something. Why don't the celebrities just boycott speaking to her? Surely they know how irrelevant the Today Show has become.
-----
It was refreshing to see Angelina Jolie in something other than a grey caftan but that 'peach' colored gown was not terribly flattering. And there's such a thing as having a gown that's slit too high. I'm not looking for reasons to dislike what she's wearing, but she keeps serving them up.
-----
The NJ woman accused of having the affair w/the Boss looks an awful lot like Patti Scialfa.
-----

Posted by: pras40 | May 21, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

BlackWhiteconnect.com is an exclusive online community designed to help diversely ethnic singles meet new friends, make great dates, and build lasting interracial relationships. Meet like minded singles who are looking to date outside their race.

Posted by: janeseven | May 21, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

"Ann Curry is a worse interviewer than Charlie Rose..."

Ann Curry is a worse interviewer than Chris Farley was in those "The Chris Farley Show" sketches on SNL.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 21, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Come on! Chris Farley was awesome.

Do you remember that interview he did with Paul McCartney? That was great.

Posted by: ooyah32 | May 21, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

These backers and promoters must be idiots to believe MJ has any intention of making a comeback.

Re the Springsteen story: I hope that if Mr Hodie ever accuses me of an affair with say...George Clooney, there is a basis in fact. (Just kidding honey! There would never be a basis in fact).

Get well soon Natalie Cole.

I actually like Angelina's dress. However most people brighten up a neutral using a pop of color in an accessory or shoes. Angelina choses to use her lips as the accessory.

Five bottles of wine and a smoking apparatus, Brad? Now I understand why Angelina has been upset with you if we are to believe the reports. Perhaps we should rename the film Idiot Basterd. Grow up man and help take care of those kids you collected.

Posted by: hodie | May 21, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

I was not a Chris Farley fan at all but I remember him asking Sir Paul (was he "Sir" Paul then?) about his pot arrest in Japan. Couldn't believe he did it!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 21, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

-----
Actually she sounds a lot like Farley when he did his interview w/Paul McCartney.

Farley: "Remember when you said, 'Love is all you need'?"

Sir Paul: "Yes..."

Farley: "That was cool."

Posted by: pras40 | May 21, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

The thing that makes it worse, of course, is that she's a "real" journalist and Farley was on SNL.

Posted by: pras40 | May 21, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Sooner or later, in the trail documents in the Arthur Kelly/Ann Kelly divorce proceedings, the record will show that the Kelly's marriage began deteriorating when Arthur asked -- in an intimate moment -- "Who's the boss?" and Ann replied, "Bruce Springsteen." Do you realize how damaging it is to a male's ego when a Danza Slap goes bad?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 21, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Did Ann Curry actually grab Brad Pitt's face? (5:23) What an imbecile. He was more than gracious -- those sunglasses surely must've hid an eye roll or ten.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 21, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

I saw the ann curry video yesterday - i'm so glad i'm not the only one who thought she was horrible. Not only does she touch him multiple times, but she keeps moving to get into his line of sight if he looks away... very annoying indeed. He should have slapped her hand away when she touched his face - now that would have been an awesome interview.

Angelina's dress is pretty, but it washes her out too much - she should know better.

Posted by: JJ321 | May 21, 2009 12:31 PM | Report abuse

I gotta say, I've never been so glad when my fave AI kid loses.

Once I saw Adam Lambert up there with Queen, I knew he didn't need Idol, if he ever really did.

He won't be saddled with that horrible "No Boundries" song OR the Idol iron-clad contract.

Kris, on the other hand, needs all the Idol help he can get to stand out from the Michael Buble/Jason Mraz/Jack Johnson MOR radio crowd. Being an Idol winner will give him that step up he needs.

Once he's out from under the Idol thumb I hope Brian May & Roger Taylor give him a call.

Posted by: wadejg | May 21, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Yes, I also thought the dress washed Angelina out too much -- makes her look even more bloodless and malnourished than she already appears to be. Don't agree with the article either that "compliments" her on shedding twins poundage. What twins poundage? The woman has looked anorexic for years. I was hoping her having kids would add a few much-needed pounds to that frame.

I'm not a fan of Brad Pitt, but I do like that he doesn't take himself too seriously. George is obviously a good influence. If only it would trickle over to the other half of Brangelina.

Posted by: Californian11 | May 21, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Astute observations, wadejg!

Californian, I do admire Angelina's efforts on behalf of human rights, even if she's no Audrey Hepburn (well, who is?), except in trying to get skinnier, I suppose.

Sas

Thanks for the giggle, Mr. Cryptid.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 21, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Very true, Nosy -- human rights is a serious issue, so I wasn't referring to that ... I guess I was referring to what appears to be a generally humorless attitude, even on the red carpet. George Clooney seems to poke fun at the whole celebrity thing and tease the paps, and Brad's comment was funny (and I'm guessing tongue-in-cheek).

Posted by: Californian11 | May 21, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

You're probably right, Californian, about Brad playing with Ann on that comment. Just ignore my earlier comment as I took it waaay too seriously. Can't watch the interview at work. Sounds hilarious. However, Ann has a little Red Bull in her if she was gutsy enough to touch him on the face.

Posted by: hodie | May 21, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

My theory re the spelling of the movie title "Inglourious Basterds": If they'd spelled it correctly, a lot of folks wouldn't be able to Google it.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 21, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

It was all part of a master plan all along. Angelina Jolie needed to get her career in gear. Part of her plan was to completely win over the confidence of some lackey, national news reporter. She honed in on Ann Curry.

She couldn't stay married to Billy Bob Thorton because he wouldn't have any compunction hitting Ann upside the head if she tried to touch him.

Brad Pitt is more tolerant. Now should he grow tired of interacting with Ann, Angelina can easily banish him as they are not married.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 21, 2009 4:18 PM | Report abuse

I dunno, mdreader, somehow three biological children and adoptive dad to the rest would seem to me to preclude "easy" banishment!

I agree that Angelina is looking skeletal again. That pic of her on the side of the building -- her legs are toothpicks. And her wrists--always a giveaway. She's got to put on a few pounds.

Liz used the way too cool Speidi nickname in the chat today to describe Heincer. Spencer Pratt is just beyond repellant. Seriously. He's giving Dane Cook a run for the danecook designation in the glossary. And miss heinous is doing her damnest to take the celinedion female version thereof.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 21, 2009 5:27 PM | Report abuse