Posted at 8:06 AM ET, 06/10/2009

Adam Lambert Comes Out; Miley Cyrus Breaks Up?

By Liz Kelly
Wednesday

Headlines: It's official: Adam Lambert comes out on cover of Rolling Stone... Jon Voight calls President Obama "false prophet"... Queen Latifah speaks out about childhood sexual abuse... Brad Pitt buys $1 million painting... Jessica Alba apologizes for plastering Oklahoma City with shark posters... Trainer to Gwyneth and Madonna Tracy Anderson's money troubles detailed... Two weeks after daughter's death, Mike Tyson marries... James Van Der Beek and wife separate.

Pix: Did Kristen Stewart chop off hair for Joan Jett role?... Mel Gibson's on-the-market Connecticut mansion... Mickey Rourke in "Iron Man 2."

Video: Julia Roberts grills David Letterman about marriage...

Rumor Mill: Britney Spears dating her agent rumor moves up to DefCon P (People mag)... Bar Refaeli and Leonardo DiCaprio "taking a break?"... Miley Cyrus breaks up with 20-year-old man-friend... Claire Danes to marry Hugh Dancy?... Colin Hanks (Tom's son) engaged to Manhattan publicist... Robert Pattinson to blame for Megan Fox's split from Brian Austin Green?... Prince refusing hip replacement?... Heidi Pratt developing her own line of dry shampoo.

Say What?
"I'm going to stop making fun of her. It's not her fault that she looks like that!" -- Chelsea Handler on why she plans to lay off Tori Spelling.

By Liz Kelly  | June 10, 2009; 8:06 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Why We All Want Angelina (Or Do We?)
Next: Megan Fox's Press Junket Success Tips

Comments

I digress.

The photos of Mrs Obama in Europe last week made me wonder if she's put on weight. He face looks rounder . . .

????

As ever,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | June 10, 2009 8:26 AM | Report abuse

When is Jessica Alba gonna get around to apologizing to me for the second season of Dark Angel?

Posted by: yellojkt | June 10, 2009 8:38 AM | Report abuse

Mixed Metaphors dept. -- Jon Voight says Obama wants to be a soft spoken Julius Caesar who wants to push other world leaders on the swings. (huh?)

I think I agree with Angelina's decision to cut this wack out of her life.

Posted by: msame | June 10, 2009 8:39 AM | Report abuse

$1 million, Brad? C'mon, it's just some dogs playing poker, for crying out loud.

If there's one thing Prince doesn't need, it's more hip.

"Heidi Pratt developing her own line of dry shampoo." Heidi, dingbat, honey, that's not dry shampoo. That's sand. The smarter kids have been playing tricks on you again.

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 10, 2009 8:41 AM | Report abuse

1: Julia Roberts should be Letterman's guest every day.

2: Never mind Angelina, that Naomi Wolf. Rowr!

3: Amelia, nice zing yesterday. No matter what everyone else says, I think you're alright.

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 10, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

The Republic of Brangelina still refuses to grant visa to daddy Voight. The Brangelina National Art Gallery will now display painting with candy-colored hoses. And we all know what that means.

Daddy Voight mixes roles of prophet and king. And says "Caesar" like its a bad thing. No wonder the Republicans miss Charlton Heston.

I wish to be deputized by the Oklahoma City Police Department so I can put the cuffs on Jessica Alba. I promise to get her no matter what it takes.

Kristen Stewart does look like Joan Jett. Only not as good.

Does Mel's house come with a mistress?

News flash. Teenage Miley breaks up with boyfriend.

What Tori looks like is her parents fault. No matter what her mom says.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 10, 2009 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: yellojkt | June 10, 2009 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Adam Lambert: mdreader01, you sure called that one. Did he buy five copies or Rolling Stone for his mother?

Poor Prince! I feel 2 bad 4 him.

Mel Gibson's for-sale house has "15 bedrooms and 17 bathrooms." Hey Brad Pitt, have I got a deal for you and Angie. Plenty of room for the (present and future) kids, and that new painting would look nice near the "soaring" (does it fly?) "cathedral ceiling." Quick! Call Sugar T_ts now!

Bar Rafaeli: Every time I see the name "Bar" I pictured it being said by President George H.W. Bush. Hey, Leonardo; I hear Miley Cyrus is available!

Chelsea Handler. Still don't get the point of her.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 10, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Come on, Byoolin! I'm incredibly popular! WHAT is everybody saying about me - and where? Is there a cool-kids only private blog where you all get together and gossip and mock people? Oh, never mind...that's this blog!

How does your Madonna/Guy Richie masterpiece look in the master bedroom? Any awkward questions about Guy from the lovely Mrs. B?

Posted by: Amelia5 | June 10, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

I agree with Byoolin, Julia should be a permanent part of Letterman's show. She is just as quick a wit as he is.

Adam Lambert...I'm shocked I tell ya!! (not)

Miley....what the heck were you doing with a 20 yr old guy anyway?? You just got the training wheels off your bike....

Posted by: irishone | June 10, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Amelia, the Lovely Mrs. byoolin is all the way across the country at the moment. The painting will be a surprise. (Unless they've got the internet in Oregon already, in which case she might know.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 10, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse

"Two weeks after daughter's death, Mike Tyson marries... James Van Der Beek"

Wow, I can honestly say I didn't see that one coming.

Posted by: VTDuffman | June 10, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

*I don't like Julia Roberts, usually don't see anything she's in (exceptions: Ocean's 11 & 12 just 'cos), but that Letterman clip is awfully good.

*'Mudge, I thought the same thing about Mrs. Obama. I also think she needs to stop "rockin'" the belted cardigan look.

*Liz, Didn't you leave someone out? I think it should have read: "Trainer to Gwyneth, Madonna, and Celebritologist Liz Kelly, Tracy Anderson's money troubles detailed."

Posted by: pras40 | June 10, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Prince sincerely believes that Dr. Everything´ll Be Allright will make
everything go wrong. But he forgets that pills, thrills and dafodills will kill.

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 10, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Can some one tell me why a conservation group plastered Oklahoma City with shark posters? Do they use them in bars now instead of those electric bulls?

Posted by: possum_pouch | June 10, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

When did Prince lose his hipness? Have I been gone that long.

Still don't know what an Adam Lambert is.

Bar, have I mentioned that I love Jewish girls?

Jessica Alba, it's OK, you could plaster OKC with feces and it would still be a vast improvement over its current state.

yeellojk, I think it's James Cameron who owes us an apology for the second season of Dark Angel (and Titanic while we're at it).

Just on a side note, Alabama is hot and muggy. At least in Texas we have a nice dry heat.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | June 10, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Mike Tyson marries for the 3rd time ... proving once again that there is no shortage of really, really stupid women out there.

Hey, Hugh. Remember: if she'll do it with ya, she'll do it to ya.

Bar Rafaeli looks a LOT like Giselle in that picture.

Posted by: Californian11 | June 10, 2009 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Good to hear from you Dorkus. Keep cool!!!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 10, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

"Adam Lambert is now vying with David Hyde Pierce and Clay Aiken for the Elton John Memorial Most Unshocking Coming Out Of The Year Award."

Past recipients include Ellen DeGeneres and Rosie O'Donnell.

Posted by: onlytheshadowknows1 | June 10, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Miley....what the heck were you doing with a 20 yr old guy anyway?? ....

Posted by: irishone | June 10, 2009 9:47 AM
-----------------------------------------

The same thing she'd be doing with a 17 year-old guy, but hopefully not the same thing she's be doing with her 48 year-old father.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 10, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Jon Voight should know all about faux Biblical figures, after having played the title role(*) in Noah's Ark.........

* Noah, sans Ark.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 10, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Mickey Rourke looks more like Snively Whiplash than he looks like Whiplash.

In fact, Mickey looks like he ripped off one of Beyonce's steampunk tour outfits. Isn't Whiplash's get up more like Lucha Libre with tights and a black hood?

--mdreader, parent of Iron Man afficcionados.

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 10, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 10, 2009 2:41 PM

Good one Sas, I stand informed....and icked out about the dad part.

Posted by: irishone | June 10, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Tracy Anderson is an idiot. She flies to London to meet Madonna on her own dime because she "wanted to present herself as a fitness instructor who was already a success—someone who didn’t particularly need money."

Do you think that when Madonna goes on tour, she flies from city to city on her own dime?

And staying at a $1,500 a night hotel? Unless she met with Madonna at the hotel, why pay that much money for lodging?

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 10, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

It seems that Red Dragon and Dorkus Maximus want to go get plastered with Jessica Alba. Perhaps that renowned Scottish painter, Peter Howson, could document the event.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 10, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Yep, she's an idiot all right. But I have to say the guy who built the machines, broke up with his wife, put hundreds of thousands into her business and became engaged to Anderson (who was still married, but in an "open" relationship?) is an even bigger idiot. At what point are there so many red flags waving in your face that you can't actually see three feet in front of you? I can practically hear her conversation with her husband--"Look honey, this guy's infatuated with me and he's got money to invest. Let's just pretend we've got this "open" marriage and I'll string him along. Those bills need paying...no, forget the bills, I need travel and hotel money...hey, maybe I can get him to ask me to move out and then hock the ring..."

Actually, that's a really flattering picture of her. The ones of her just walking down the street in London make her look like a fireplug.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | June 10, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Adam Lambert has quite the trouser snake in that Rolling Stone photo.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 10, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Tracy Anderson seems like the older sister of Casey "I am Facing Forclosure" Serin.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 10, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I saw that too Sas! Pretty funny.

Seriously though, WHO CARES? We've had androgynous rockers for the last 30 years and they're sexy to both sexes--you either have it or you don't. I think Lambert's sexy -- I don't care that I would have no chance to sleep with him, it's not even part of the consideration. He just is. Freddie Mercury was sexy on stage and did anyone have any doubt about him? I just don't get the big hooplah.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | June 10, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Candy colored hoses, sas.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 10, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

I'd never heard of this guy, Sas. It's a really sad state of affairs that a low life con man can get "famous" in connection with such a low-rent common con. But yeah, same principle applies--Anderson operated almost like a ponzi scheme, selling memberships she had no intention of fulfilling.

There was this really great gym near me that I loved. What a lot of people didn't know was that they were, for about 4 years, in the shadow of an eminent domain closure to expand the marina freeway but there never seemed to be a definite date. Out of sheer desperation they were selling a yearly membership for $200 (dirt cheap--no additional fees on classes, use of pool and all other facilities). I went ahead and bought one and got more than my money's worth. But a bunch of folks bought in the last month or two before the bulldozers came in and got mildly burned. At least it was a relatively small amount. I wonder what Anderson was selling her personal fitness memberships for.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | June 10, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Adam Lambert has quite the trouser snake in that Rolling Stone photo.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 10, 2009 3:28 PM
====================
Not that there's anything wrong with admiring that, sas.

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 10, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

I beg to differ, Chelsea. It is most certainly Tori's fault that she looks the way she does. Although by no means beautiful, she used to look normal on 90210. Now, after numerous plastic surgeries, she's looking positively Picasso-esque.

Posted by: spartan123 | June 10, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

I think Adam Lambert is prettier than Tori Spelling. Maybe she needs a trouser snake of her own.

Posted by: possum_pouch | June 10, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

News is reporting that Holocaust Museum assassin James W. von Brunn blames Jews for the Lindbergh baby's kidnapping.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 10, 2009 5:35 PM | Report abuse