Posted at 7:30 AM ET, 06/18/2009

Billy Joel and Wife Split; Chace Crawford Named 'Hottest Bachelor'

By Liz Kelly

Sacha Baron Cohen arrives at the London premiere of his new movie 'Bruno' on Wednesday. (Reuters)
Thursday

Headlines: Billy Joel separates from 27-year-old wife... Brangelina donate $1 million to displaced Pakistanis... "Gossip Girl's" Chace Crawford named People's "hottest bachelor"... Ryan Reynolds tops EW's "Must List" issue... Police say Mia Farrow's brother committed suicide... Former St. Lucia official calls sometime resident Amy Winehouse a "tattooed reptile"... Jane Fonda tweets from knee-replacement surgery... Larry David says Michael Richards (who unleashed a racist rant on-stage in 2006) is a new man... Neighbor sues Rihanna for alleged invasion of privacy... Bret Michaels says he won't sue over Tony Awards mishap.

Crime Watch: Police officers investigated in plot to break into the home of Sarah Jessica Parker's surrogate... Court refuses to delay Chris Brown hearing.

Pix: Kate Gosselin pictured spanking daughter... In an unrelated case, Liv Tyler rushes to rescue of supposed battered child.

Video: William Shatner's bird-flipping 'Tonight Show' appearance:

More: When New Jersey housewives attack... Clips from Lindsay Lohan's straight-to-TV movie "Labor Pains."

Rumor Mill: T.R. Knight leaves "Grey's Anatomy"... Melissa Rycroft lands a "Good Morning America" gig... Did Lindsay Lohan catch Justin Timberlake cheating on Jessica Biel?... Katie Holmes's "SYTYCD" performance will be tribute to Judy Garland... Former "Fresh Prince" co-star says Will Smith ruined her career... Kate Winslet's dad says Madonna banned him from Guy Ritchie film soundtrack... Maggie Grace returning for "Lost's" final season?

Non-News: Britney Spears not engaged.

Say What?
"She asked, 'How does it feel to have an old and decrepit body?' And at first I didn't understand her, I was like, 'Sorry, did you just say I had an old and decrepit body?' and she was like, 'Ja (yes). How does it feel?'" -- Michelle Pfeiffer describes a recent exchange with a German journalist.

Chat Day! Rainy Thursday got you down? Join me at 2 p.m. ET for 60 minutes of water resistant chatting in this week's Celebritology Live discussion.

Coming Next Week: The return of The "Lost" Hour -- join Jen Chaney and me for a summer-long review of seasons 1 and 2. Start watching now. Start chatting next Thursday at 3 p.m. ET.

By Liz Kelly  | June 18, 2009; 7:30 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Heidi and Spencer's Guide to Fame
Next: Ann Curry, Hard News Hold Out?

Comments

Billy Joel: Another Uptown Girl kicked his sorry ass to an Uptown Curb.

Just to be clear, Lizard Island will not be offering permanent residence to Ms. "tattooed reptile," despite that cool moniker.

Fool me once, Liz Kelly: yesterday I clicked on your LiLo link and was taken directly to a "server overload" message. That's not going to happen with this LiLo clip. For a number of reasons.

T.R. Knight leaves "Grey's Anatomy"... and heads for grey obscurity. (Say hi to Kathy from us.)

"My German is, how do you say, inelegant." - Horst, The Simpsons, "Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk"

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 18, 2009 8:08 AM | Report abuse

Another day, another billion dollars given away by Brangelina. How do I get in on that action???

Posted by: Osteph | June 18, 2009 8:33 AM | Report abuse

What is it about Bill Jo-el? Morning breath?

Oh, and yes, rainy day Thurdsay has gotten me down and I haven't even gone outside yet.

Rock on byoo'

Yours truly,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | June 18, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse

"Looks like Katie is out to woo Tom and his friends with that Judy tribute . . . not that there's anything wrong with that."

Is it too early to call post of the day? LMAO

In related news, isn't Chace Crawford gay? I think this is the first time that People has gone gay for their "honor". Let's hear it for progress!!

Posted by: Lizka | June 18, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Pass the brain bleach for that Bruno photo. Ick, nast!

If I were Michelle, I would shake my fist and say "hey Fraulein, let me show you how it feels!".

Posted by: hodie | June 18, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Short, fat, old Billy Joel and tall, pretty, really really young (third) wife divorcing. Who couldn't see that coming?

I don't know what a "Chace Crawford" is, but it does nothing for me. It looks like it's about 16 years old and spends far too much time on its hair. Ick nast.

Posted by: jaybbub | June 18, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Second hodie's "ick, nast!"

Looks like "Crime Watch" will have to be expanded to "Legal News" so we can include all the suits, or non. Either that, or a separate category.

I hereby volunteer to personally inspect Michelle Pfeifer's body and offer an independent assessment.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 18, 2009 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Liv tylyer should have called the cops if the kid was getting beat that bad. If granny does that in public, I can only imagine what she does at home.

Am I the only one who thinks Michelle Pfieffer is probably hotter than most of the youngs chicks running around?

Posted by: supersonic2 | June 18, 2009 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Dear G*d,

Can you please please please make me as decrepid as Michelle Pfeiffer? Please, I promise to never ask for anything else ever again.

Yours

LTL

Posted by: LTL1 | June 18, 2009 9:54 AM | Report abuse

That clip of Shatner is priceless! I LMAO bigtime!

Jon or Kate? I. Don't. Care.

Posted by: RightWinger1 | June 18, 2009 9:55 AM | Report abuse

PS Thought Chace Crawford was a tight end for the Mizzou football team.

Wait that's Chase Coffman. Maybe the rumors about Crawford are true.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 18, 2009 9:55 AM | Report abuse

I'm trying to keep down breakfast. Can we not have Sacha Baron Cohen in hot pants as the picture first thing in the morning?

Billy, Billy, Billy. I knew this one wasn't going to end well. I'd hold pat on not giving her alimony, because I'm *sure* she would have gotten all the celebrity gigs she has if she wasn't married to you. (I particularly loved a few weeks ago when Gwyneth Paltrow shared one of her recipes in GOOP, and referred to them as "Katie Lee Joel and her husband William"...)

Brett Michaels isn't suing because he knows he has no case. He treated his performance like a rock star, not like a stage actor who had to hit his marks. He stood just a wee bit too long to accept applause - everyone else was safely behind the descending piece.

Michelle Pfeiffer - I only hope I look as "decrepit" as you do when I'm 51. You look radiant and lovely and I absolutely adore the fact you aren't Botoxed, nipped and tucked into unrecognizability (if that's a word).

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | June 18, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

A few thoughts on the Katie Holmes item:
1. Doesn't the Yellow Brick Road lead *toward* the little man behind the curtain? Run away, Katie!

2. I didn't think it was possible to dance - as in, do a choreographed routine - to "Mother's Little Helper."

Posted by: northgs | June 18, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

I actually thought Sasha Baron Cohen's getup (complete with a troop of "soldiers" in matching uniform, if you saw the video) was fabulously funny. I predict we'll see lots of copycats at Pride parades this summer, to say nothing of the DC Drag Races and the NYC Halloween Parade. In any case, it's way less ick nast than that GQ cover...

Posted by: northgs | June 18, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | June 18, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

LOL! I'm grateful the guy has a "top" on.

Posted by: jezebel3 | June 18, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

RE: Letterman's joke

'I think Letterman should have waited a couple weeks to be sure she really wasn't impregnated at the game.' - The Onion

As ever,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | June 18, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Hodie for "Ick, nast." Reserving judgment on Bruno, though. SBC redeemed his entire 1st movie with the Pamela Anderson payoff line: "Not!"

Posted by: PollyGolightly | June 18, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Billy Joel's now singing, "She's Always an Ex-Wife to Me." Sheesh, another divorce? Before long, his and Christie Brinkley's ex-spouses each will number high enough for competing basketball teams.

Michelle Pfeiffer is far from old and decrepit. Many young singer/starlet wannabes can learn a lot from watching MP sing, "Makin' Whoopee" in "The Fabulous Baker Boys." Yowsah.... (Whoo, I need to sit down and fan myself for a sec.)

Ryan Reynolds. I just don't get his appeal. In great shape, yes, but didn't I see his headshot next to the word "bland" in the dictonary?

Kate Gosselin was merely demonstrating how she gets tough-to-clean stains out of kids' clothing. ("Don't 'shout it out' -- spank it out!")

So much for T.R. Knight's Emmy chances. But now he'll have time to sit at home with the full David Caruso feature film catalog. First up, "Jade"!

Janet Hubert, Will Smith did not kill your career. Alfonso Ribeiro's maybe, but you have to have a career first in order for it to die.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 18, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Katie Holmes may be singing "Get Happy" on stage, but in her heart she's belting, "You Made Me Love You (I Didn't Want to Do It)."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 18, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

"Perhaps if Kate spanked Jon once in awhile, she wouldn't be alone on her anniversary." --hodie

Comment of the Week! Well done.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 18, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Hodie writes:

"Perhaps if Kate spanked Jon once in awhile, she wouldn't be alone on her anniversary. "

Only after making him beg for it.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 18, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

thanks, td for the nod!

Posted by: hodie | June 18, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

northgs, the little man behind the curtain indeed. Day or so ago I posted that with Digital TV we should all be able to see the strings leading from Katie to Wee Tom.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 18, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

As I have a pet gecko, I must object to that St. Lucia official. Reptiles are so cool.

Rain? We've forgotten what that is here in California, so if you can send some, it would cheer you AND me up.

Posted by: Californian11 | June 18, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Ah, the Daily Mail UK site. Guaranteed giggles.

What's up with Fergie's belly button? It's a little strange.

Posted by: Californian11 | June 18, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

This might be a good idea for a lot of celebrities, too. I'm lookin' at you, Matthew, Britney, Paris, and ever so many others.

"Fla. city to workers: Wear underwear, deodorant"
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- A Florida city is cleaning up with a new dress code that requires city workers to wear underwear and use deodorant.

The city council in Brooksville north of Tampa recently approved a dress code that instructs employees to observe "strict personal hygiene."

It also prohibits exposed underwear, clothing with foul language, "sexually provocative" clothes and piercings anywhere except the ears.

Repeat offenders can be fired.

The city council approved the dress code 4-1 as part of a wider effort to update existing policies and ordinances.

The one vote in opposition came from Mayor Joe Bernadini. He said the underwear edict "takes away freedom of choice."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 18, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Nosy,

How is "piercings anywhere except the ears" going to be enforced? Is the Brooksville PD going to periodically strip search the other municipal employees?

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 18, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

ROFL, Nosy! Unfortunately I now know more about Mayor Joe "Commando" Bernadini than I wanted to. ;-)

Pretty sad when there has to be an edict to wear deodorant and underwear ... common sense really is becoming an oxymoron ...

Posted by: Californian11 | June 18, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

reddragon, please don't shoot the messenger!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 18, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

northgs:

Oh, it's amusing and yes, better than the GQ cover.

But when I fire up my "Morning Coffee" app on Firefox and the Celebritology page comes up with Sacha Baron Cohen in hot pants? I just wasn't expecting that.

I'm not really a SBC fan, but I have to admit him - and an army of similarly clad men behind him - made for interesting pictures.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | June 18, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse