Posted at 8:30 AM ET, 06/ 8/2009

Family Wants FBI to Investigate Carradine's Death; Heidi Pratt Released from Hospital

By Liz Kelly

Rikki Rockett, Deborah Lin, James Gandolfini and Bret Michaels (prior to his on-stage accident) attend the 63rd Annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on Sunday in New York. (Getty Images)

Monday

Headlines: Family wants FBI to investigate David Carradine's death; Thai paper allegedly publishes photo of dead actor... Heidi Pratt released from Costa Rican hospital; sister-in-law calls Speidi's treatment on "I'm a Celebrity" "torture"... Bret Michaels injured on Tony Awards stage (video)... Britney Spears went topless on "Gimme More" video set... Brooke Shields settles tabloid dispute... In case you missed it: Angelina Jolie's Time magazine Darfur Op-ed.

Crime Watch: Pete Doherty busted doing drugs in airplane bathroom.

Pix: Drew Barrymore, bad in plaid.

Rumor Mill: Mel Gibson wants pregnant girlfriend to take paternity test... Madonna considering Nigeria adoption?... Did Paris Hilton take part in raunchy Vegas party for money?... Terrence Howard stops traffic to save baby bird.

By Liz Kelly  | June 8, 2009; 8:30 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Oprah -- Hazardous to Your Health?
Next: Where in the World is Kal Penn? (Not D.C.)

Comments

"Drew Barrymore, bad in plaid."

What is sticking out of Drew's boot? Flannel jammies?

Posted by: jezebel3 | June 8, 2009 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Oh Drew, I can't defend you in that frock. Turn on the closet light next time.

How has Madonna reached the age of 50 and not learned any sort of patience? And why couldn't she try to adopt here? Starting to look more than just a little rapacious and desperate there.

Posted by: jelo97 | June 8, 2009 9:03 AM | Report abuse

I will not look at the Carradine link that claims photos of his dead body. Regardless of the alleged circumstance of his death, he deserves some respect.

Angela Lansbury wonders at winning 5th Tony at this stage of her life (congrats!) while Bret Michaels wonders which way to exit stage left.

Drew shows how to get away with carrying her blankie at 30.

Did Paris take part in raunchy Vegas party for money? Heck no, she'll do it for free.

Posted by: hodie | June 8, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Hodie, please explain how you get a gastric ulcer from being locked in a room in the dark for 24 hours? Thanks.

Oh look, Angelina Jolie is keepign her opinion to herself. That poor girl really needs to speak her mind more and make sure she gets the publicity for it.

Paris there is a word for woman who do what you do? The difference is some of them have class and taste.

Posted by: epjd | June 8, 2009 9:13 AM | Report abuse

ep, highly doubtful that she got the ulcer in 24hrs but one can get what we call "stress ulcers". This often happens in hospitalized patients, usually ICU setting, where they are for prolonged periods unable to take anything by mouth. Their bodies continue to make and secrete digestive enzymes which of course have nothing to digest but one's own stomach lining. Theoretically possible but doubtful in the short time frame. I'd bet if she does have ulcers, she was well on the way to making them before she was on the show.

Posted by: hodie | June 8, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Terrance Howard-- Awwwwwwwwww. Saving a baby bird makes me wuv you.

Mel Gibson- Smart. I mean, you gotta do it, right?

Posted by: Guest1234 | June 8, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

I bet Mel's seven children are behind that paternity test -- how many pieces of the inheritance pie, etc. If the baby looks like Timothy Dalton, we'll know for sure.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 8, 2009 9:40 AM | Report abuse

I thought it sounded a little fishy Hodie. She was fed while she wass inthat room too.

Sounds more like a publicity stunt than an actual injury.

Posted by: epjd | June 8, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Why would the family want corrupt fbi to investigate the possible murder of Carradine; as I have shown the thugs of Thai police at all levels are under the control of fbi/cia assassins. Any murder of an American is done with the approval of fbi/cia.

Posted by: gsosbee1 | June 8, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

ep, given the source, should that be of any surprise whatsoever? How sad would it be to live your entire life as a publicity stunt?

I can just imagine a future Heincer Peter and the Wolf sort of situation, like they get trapped in a burning building, but everyone assumes it's another publicity stunt, so they just ignore it. I try not to chuckle too much when I imagine this scenario.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | June 8, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Madonna, on her unsuccessful Malawi adoption: “At the time she blamed the fact that her relationship with Jesus made her look like she was going through some midlife crisis."

Ya think?

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 8, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: gsosbee1 | June 8, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

You omit ScarJo clones. Original ScarJo virgin.

Posted by: jezebel3 | June 8, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Heidi, it ain't torture until Sean Hannity says it's torture.

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 8, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

ASinMoCo, I am right there chuckling with you. Oh look, lovely handbaskets on sale.

Posted by: epjd | June 8, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

That Costa Rican hospital Heidi stayed in claims to be the only one in the world doing talent transplants.

Sister-in-law, "torture" is being cconfined to a bed in a Costa Rican hospital while the person in the bed next to you insists on watching Heincer on that show. (Incidentally, the Lovely Mrs. byoolin asks, "Wouldn't it be great if there were a version of "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here" that featured actual celebrities?")

Pete Doherty: take the bus - same size bathroom, but less security and you have more money left for drugs.

"Mel Gibson wants pregnant girlfriend to take paternity test..." That's odd - Mel usually accepts "Our Father" on faith alone...

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 8, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

The most amazing thing about the whole FBI/Thai police killing Carradine theory, gsosbee, is that you're still alive to talk about it. You know they can trace your computer and its IP address to a physical location and arrange a "house fire" or a "car accident" or a "slip in the tub," right? You need to get off the grid - ALL THE WAY OFF - and head for the hills, dude. Otherwise you'll never be able to step outside without wondering, "Is today the day I die?"

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 8, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Methinks that Heincer needs to spend some time with their candidate Mr. McCain before they start throwing around that there conditions were torture and I read someplace else that someone mentioned it was like Gitmo. seriously? get some perspective. Not watching that trainwreck of a show unless and until they are gone. So, DVR'd random stuff for me tonight!

Posted by: suzannepdc | June 8, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Per Heidi Whatever-Her-Name is:

I used to do some field work in Costa Rica. The water down there is totally safe to drink; while a third world country, the government down there invests in their infrastructure.

Now, if you drank the beer or alcohol, you would get "Montezuma's Revenge". Methinks Heidi was imbibing.

Per Britney Spears:

*shrug* Ever live with an actor or actress? Many don't really get terribly chuffed about getting naked. Britney Spears has been in show business for most of her life, and for many of them, with only enough clothing to keep the censors at bay. I honestly don't see anything weird about that - it's not like she was in the middle of Beverly Hills topless, she was on a set.

Per Terence Howard:

Wuss. Come out here to the Upper Midwest where they freakin' stop INTERSTATE traffic for ducks. (I'm not kidding - the first time it happened I had a heart attack.)

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | June 8, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Dear Mrs. Madonna,
It may surprise you to hear from me but I am Mrs. Edward Duvallier of Lagos, Nigeria. My close friend, Mr. Charles Legrande, was the president of the Lagos National Bank but was killed in a plane crash last August (you can reference CNN to verify this). He had a charitable project of running an orphanage in our country but since his death, his estate has been frozen and we need assistance to get both is money and the children from the orphanage out of the country.....

Posted by: memphis1 | June 8, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

“[Madonna's] relationship with Jesus made her look like she was going through some midlife crisis."

I think she has it backward. If you (think you) are going through a midlife crisis, turning to Jesus could be the best thing to do. Oops. Wrong Jesus. Nevermind.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 8, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Oh my! I meant "their" and not "there" in post above!!

Posted by: suzannepdc | June 8, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Shoot, if you want to see some birds on the highway, just go down to Rockingham County, Va.

Ever seen the aftermath of a jack-knifed turkey truck? Poultry is running everywhere!

Posted by: memphis1 | June 8, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

I don't get it. The Carradine family wants the FBI to investigate the death, or the alleged publication of the alleged photos? I thought the FBI investigated domestic incidents. Plus, the X files wasn't a documentary series.

Brit-Brit. Give us less.

Madonna wants to adopt Nigeria because Brangelina (capital: Pitt-Jolie) is planning to take over Darfur.

Pete Doherty caught using drugs. Stop the presses.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 8, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Where I live, we have a problem with Canadian geese. These things are 3ft tall and you do NOT want to hit one with your car. They are mean suckers too, I've seen them chase a German shepherd that got too close to their young. And the mess they leave on the sidewalks....don't get me started!

So any budding ornithologists out there answer this question from my numerous observations of this crazy behavior: Why do ducks and geese refuse to fly away when faced with an oncoming car but choose instead only to waddle faster- which is hardly fast enough?

Posted by: hodie | June 8, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Strictly speaking, Hodie, I think what you've got are "Canada geese."

"Canadian" geese, on the other hand, have a reputation for being polite, not belligerent, and can be found enjoying a refreshing cold beverage before, during, or after a friendly game of hockey.

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 8, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Strictly speaking, Hodie, I think what you've got are "Canada geese."

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 8, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Eh?

Posted by: jezebel3 | June 8, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Was it mean of me to laugh at the Bret Michaels footage?

Posted by: kvs71 | June 8, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

With appologies to PD Eastman and Robert McCloskey:

The baby bird walked down Wilshire Blvd. Cars and trucks raced by.

Suddenly, a tall man waved his hands and the cars and trucks stopped.

"Are you my mother?" the baby bird asked.

"Hell, no. I'm a self-absorbed Hollywood actor," the tall man answered.

"Oh, then you must be acting as if this is 'Make Way for Ducklings,'" the baby bird quipped.

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 8, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Was it mean of me to laugh at the Bret Michaels footage?

Posted by: kvs71 | June 8, 2009 12:21 PM
=============
Well, you could have been disappointed that more damage wasn't done.

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 8, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

kvs71, I was thinking the same thing. It was hilarious and now I feel bad for laughing. A lot. Out loud. At work.

Posted by: Osteph | June 8, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

From the "torture" article:

"I'm really saddened to hear that nbc felt it was ok to punish speidi so harshly-and torture them..."

So sister in law even uses "speidi"? Am I the only one that finds it insanely wrong?

Posted by: Osteph | June 8, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

I saw that Carradine photo & without giving any gory details, of which there are really few to be seen, all you can really see is the back of what appears to be a male person who is hanging by his hands in a small space.

IMHO there's nothing in the pic that would make one thing "Oh yeah, it's David Carradine."

So does the fact that the family wants someone to investigate mean that the photo is legit?

Posted by: wadejg | June 8, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

thanks for the clarification, byoolin. I'm pretty sure they are "Canada" geese then!

Posted by: hodie | June 8, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

I hope the item about Terence Howard is true. Helps to counteract the whole baby wipes/"girls have cooties"/abusive stuff.

Chasmosaur1, I think it's only noteworthy b/c Britney has a known fondness for inappropriate nudity.

Whoa, I wish there had been a warning about the Pamela Anderson picture that pops up to the right of the David Carradine link. That is one scary drag-queen-looking person.

So the suspicion is that the Thai police murdered David Carradine? I thought it was erotic asphyxiation. Esp. since the cord was around his genitals as well as his neck.

Posted by: Californian11 | June 8, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Strictly speaking, Hodie, I think what you've got are "Canada geese."

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 8, 2009 11:59 AM

-------------------------------------------
Most of the migratory Canada geese in my red neck o' de woods spend their summers on the Ungava Peninsula. When I ask them how they are able to navigate the 2,000 miles between the Ungava Peninsula and the DC area, they simply look at me and say, "Je me souviens."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 8, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Would Terrence Howard stop traffic for Kanye West?

I hope not.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 8, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Sas
they simply look at me and say, "Je me souviens."

Funny thing: Some of the Canada geese that fly over our place just say, "Eh, eh, eh!" Others say, "Yours to discover."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 8, 2009 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Oh my god, the Bret Michaels video was funny--I had read that his hat was knocked off by a scrim, had no idea he hit the deck entirely.

IhateheincerIhateheincerIhateheincer.

There, got that out of my system.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | June 8, 2009 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1

Dear Mrs. Madonna,

Posted by: memphis1

Byoo and memphis1 - tears in my eyes today and soda coming out of my nose (and that is painful) from the burst of hysterical laughter... memphis1 only thing missing is some misspellings...

Posted by: LTL1 | June 8, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

memphis1 only thing missing is some misspellings...

Posted by: LTL1 | June 8, 2009 3:29 PM

-----------------------------------------
Liz is "sacreligiously" taking care of that angle.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 8, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

I still don't know how this Heidi person is or why anyone would consider her famous.

Posted by: Cheryl3 | June 8, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Cheryl, really, they're "super celebrities"--didn't you hear Spencer say so?

*gag*

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | June 8, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Breaking Carradine News!
----------------------

Posted by: gsosbee1 | June 8, 2009 10:08 AM
------------------------------
Right path, wrong thugs, my paranoid friend. From the LA Times:

"The first thing that came to our mind when we heard about David Carradine’s death was not "kung fu assassins!"

But apparently, Carradine's attorney Mark Geragos is not of the same mind.

He suggested on Larry King’s show that Carradine’s strange suffocation by rope death – which according to TMZ now may involve fishnet stockings, a wig and red lingerie -- may have been the secret martial arts societies' way of silencing him."

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 8, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse