Posted at 7:49 AM ET, 06/26/2009

Michael Jackson Passed Tour Physical; Billy Bob Thornton's Daughter Charged with Murder

By Liz Kelly
Friday

Headlines: Michael Jackson passed recent tour physical, was in financial straits... Reactions: Lisa Marie Presley, Quincy Jones, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake, more | (Full Post coverage)... Farrah Fawcett and Ryan O'Neal didn't have chance to marry... Walter Cronkite "seriously ill"... Publisher still planning to release Kate Gosselin cookbook... Jennifer Lopez's Sweetface clothing line shelved... Celebrities -- including Alec Baldwin and Sarah Jessica Parker -- narrate cell phone tours of New York's Central Park... Edie Falco rallies for healthcare reform... "Real Housewife" Dina Manzo's first reality show... Kate Walsh's estranged husband wants ABC president to testify in divorce case.

Crime Watch: Billy Bob Thornton's daughter charged with first degree murder... Dane Cook's sister-in-law arrested in connection with embezzlement scheme.

Pix: "Bruno's" Hollywood premiere... New Heidi Klum, "Twilight" Barbies go into production.

Video: Speidi's unaired Pizza Hut commercial... Johnny Depp talks to David Letterman.

Rumor Mill: Jackson family attorney claims Michael had problem with prescription medications... Madonna hoped to make surprise appearance at Michael Jackson concert... Rihanna and Chris Brown annoyed with no-contact order... Tori Spelling takes three nannies along on vacation (second item)... Leonardo Di Caprio single again?... Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock!??

Not News: Jeff Goldblum and Harrison Ford not dead.

Cartoon: A famous person has died.

By Liz Kelly  | June 26, 2009; 7:49 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Share Your Michael Jackson Memories
Next: Michael Jackson: Separating the Artist from the Art

Comments

That was kind of rude of MJ to step all over Farrah's big day, I thought.

Another example of what's wrong with America: Dane Cook's sister-in-law wouldn't have ripped him off if this country had an Islamic cut-your-hand-off-for-stealing justice system. Or some way to keep Dane Cook from becoming wealthy in the first place.

That Pizza Hut commercial isn't the only thing about Heincer that should go without air.

"Madonna hoped to make surprise appearance at Michael Jackson concert..." Well, there's still the funeral.

"Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock!??" Just goes to show that some people will f*** anything. And sometimes two of those people get together.

"Jeff Goldblum and Harrison Ford not dead." See? That's what I was talking about, MJ.

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 26, 2009 8:42 AM | Report abuse

From The Daily Mail:

"[F]ans wishing to mourn the singer were unable to pay tribute at his star on the Walk of Fame as the street where it is located had been blocked off ahead of the [Bruno] premiere.

"Confused fans subsequently gathered around the star for US radio broadcaster Michael Jackson by mistake."

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 26, 2009 8:48 AM | Report abuse

From The Daily Mail:

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 26, 2009 9:00 AM | Report abuse

thanks for the trite link to dina's wedding "show." ridiculous thing? i saw it and remember it - remember thinking "what an a-%%" her hubby-to-be was.

Posted by: alisoncsmith | June 26, 2009 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Kate Walsh's estranged husband wants ABC president to testify in divorce case.

They were married only 14 months. What's the word for a male gold-digger?

Friend in Europe emailed this AM to report wall-to-wall MJ death coverage too. Also, same friend was in college when "Charlie's Angels" was on TV there, so recalled her vividly (being euphemistic here).

Last night on NBC Dr. Nancy Snyderman hypothesized that MJ might have been anorexic, thus damaging his heart from years of (electrolyte imbalance?). Paging Dr. hodie...

Farrah Fawcett and Ryan O'Neal didn't have chance to marry.

Weren't they both (or at least Farrah) Catholic and divorced? If so, could this have been a factor in Farrah's matrimonial reluctance over the decades?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 26, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Guess we are entitled to a slow news day after yesterday, but it seems lame to have Dane Cook's s-i-l as the highlight.

Is the fact that there is a Heidi Klum Twilight Barbie incentive enough for me to read the books?

I can see why "Sweetface" isn't going anywhere. Jlo's face is not the first thing that comes to mind when I think about her.

Chris Brown is supposed to be "annoyed" at the no-contact order. That's the idea. As for Rihanna, yo, get a clue. Someone is trying to tell you something. Maybe Stallone could translate the order into language she'd understand.

I wouldn't think it would take more than two nannies to watch Tori Spelling.

I'm guessing Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock go to Waffle House on dates. It wouldn't hurt Sheryl to attend the Stallone reading of the Rihanna-Chris restraining order.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 26, 2009 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Nosy,

I submit that "Placer Miner" or just "Placer" be added to the Lizicon for male gold-digger. In the mining sense, the placer doesn't actually dig for the gold, but sifts through the gravel in a streambed. So they just pick a place, and wait for the gold to come to them.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 26, 2009 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the link to the cartoon. As sad as I am about MJ,that about sums up what's going on in the news today.

If Heincer is already plugging pizza, then I'd calculate their remaining 15 minutes of fame at less than 30 seconds.

Posted by: kvs71 | June 26, 2009 9:28 AM | Report abuse

I got nothing mean for MJ today.

I'm no Dane Cook fan by any stretch, but I feel bad for him having such lame-o family members. What a couple of lousy human beings.

Posted by: jelo97 | June 26, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Rest in peace, Michael. You certainly didn't have any in life.

And - yeah, I'm a-gonna say it - I'm glad it wasn't The Swayze.

So shoot me.

Posted by: jaybbub | June 26, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

"They were married only 14 months. What's the word for a male gold-digger?"

Federline?

Posted by: MStreet1 | June 26, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

jaybub, you're right on target.
Love to Swayze! Hang in there, man.

Posted by: pras40 | June 26, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Oh, man, was that auction of Neverland items mistimed...

Posted by: northgs | June 26, 2009 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Help me understand why it was suddenly important for Ryan and Farrah to get married. It's not like she needed to be on his benefits plan.

Poor Farrah is about to be relegated to the corner flap of the next People magazine -- like an Angel on the King's shoulder.

Either that, or there'll be a special MJ issue of People, and Farrah's cover ("Remembering Farrah -- Inside: Cheryl Ladd and Jaclyn Smith Recall the Era of Jiggle TV!"). Kate Gosselin will grab the corner flap ("Kate: Still Angry at Jon!") and inside will be a photo essay of celebrity hairstyles from Farrah to Jennifer to Kate.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 26, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

"Publisher still planning to release Kate Gosselin cookbook"... Christian family-values publisher promoting is as "from one of America's most close-knit families"; cookbook titled Love is in the Mix: Making Meals into Memories. Be that as it may, I'm having trouble keeping breakfast down.

In re: the "Twilight" Barbies: carm down, all you tweener girls - Robert Pattison is a Ken doll.

Celebrities to narrate Central Park: I see that Matthew Broderick has the Sheep Meadow... one of the most notorious gay cruising spots in the city.

Posted by: northgs | June 26, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Rest in Peace Micheal. I have made a decision to remember you as you were and not as you had become.

Can you all imagine the pile up at the pearly gates with Michael, Farrah and Ed all arriving at the same time?

Love to the Swayze! Keep up the good fight! (you are ok by me jaybub)

Posted by: VaLGaL | June 26, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Alec Baldwin welcomes you to Central Park:

"Hey. I am Alec Baldwin, and I want to tell you something, OK? I'm here in Central Park, and once again I've made an @ss of myself trying to get you to look around at this fabulous plot of land in the center of Manhattan. I want you to know something, OK? I'm tired of playing this game with you tourists. You don't have the brains or the decency as human beings. I don't give a d@mn that you're 2 or 22 or 82 years old, or that your mother was probably a thoughtless pain in the @ss who doesn't care about what you do as far as I'm concerned. You have humiliated me for the last time with this phone. On your left is the Zoo. . . ."

* * * * *
Sarah Jessica Parker's cell phone tour of New York's Central Park:

"Oh. My. God! You watched 'Square Pegs'! You must've been in utero because you look like you're about 18. Great hair, by the way. Hey, I use Garnier hair care products, too! But you knew that. Welcome to New York's Central Park -- or as I like to call it, one of the sets we used for my fabulous TV show and movie, 'Sex and the City.' Yes, Chris Noth is dreamy, but of course I am married to Ferris Bueller. I am wearing clothes -- not that you can see them -- from my Bitten line. Well, my FORMER Bitten line. I think. Anyway. Before SATC, I was in 'Once Upon a Mattress' at a theatre over that way beyond the trees. As a child, I was 'Annie.' [singing] The sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your tourist dollars that tomorrow, I'll have twins. . . . hey look, a squirrel! We have many of these here. To your right. . ."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 26, 2009 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Hehe! The best part of the Barbie doll link is the outraged comment because the article incorrectly says "Kristen Bell" rather than Kristen Stewart as the Twilight female.

Posted by: VaLGaL | June 26, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

"Weren't they both (or at least Farrah) Catholic and divorced? If so, could this have been a factor in Farrah's matrimonial reluctance over the decades"

I seem to recall that Ryan may have been Irish-Protestant. I think I read once in a rag mag that was one of his reasons for them not getting along at the moment.

td_in_baltimore

Now that was a funny post.

Posted by: supersonic2 | June 26, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Forget the Heidi Klum doll; I want to see the Naomi Campbell doll with the kung-fu grip and realistic phone-flinging action. :)

td, much love for your SJP phone tour. From what I understand, Penn Jillette did his own section -- I'm hoping there's a part in there about "Is this your wallet?"

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | June 26, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Page 32 of Kate Gosslin's Cookbook: Love is In the Mix...fourth paragraph...

"The chili recipe is quite versatile. On nights when Jon had to "work late," I would put a serving in a container for him to reheat. Just add a pinch of strychnine as a "flavor preservative."

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 26, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

it isn't clear how jackson passed any physical for his upcoming tour, w/all his health issues, unless dr. kevorkian was the physician.
***
married, not married, whatever, it worked for farrah fawcett and ryan o'neal (w/a bit of off and on) for 30 years. more than most. and she traveled her final path in life with bravery and dignity. clearly, she suffered.

Posted by: frieda406 | June 26, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Okay - anyone watch the second part of the RHONJ renuion last night and have any spectulation on the bad thing that Danielle did to Dina?

Posted by: suzannepdc | June 26, 2009 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, it could happen. Anorexia can lead to heart failure which can lead to arrhythmias and arrest. Nevertheless, I was suprised as anyone yesterday.

You guys are rubbing off on me though because one of my first thoughts was I'll bet there is someone out there right now kicking themselves for not bidding on that scary Chuckie's sister doll.

Will never forget the Thriller premier on MTv back in 9th grade. It was strange in that it premiered rather early in the day. We rushed from school to my best friends house, who had cable, to see it.

Posted by: hodie | June 26, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I was thinking also that Johnny and Ed got to work pretty fast organizing their Afterlife Tonight Show Reunion and have lined-up some fabulous guests: Farrah Fawcett, David Carradine, with Musical Guest, the King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

Posted by: hodie | June 26, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Karen Carpenter died of heart failure, so that is entirely plausible with Michael Jackson.

I also found it a bit disturbing that he had hired Lou Ferrigno to help him "bulk up" for the comeback tour.

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 26, 2009 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Hey-O, Dr. Hodie!!!

It seems as if Johnny's heavenly producer will soon be booking Walter Cronkite to appear.

Who was it yesterday that said things come in threes?

Oh, hi Liz!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 26, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Aack, byoolin, of course you said it before I could.

My boyfriend found out about MJ before I did, and texted me "MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD! How pissed off is Farrah Fawcett's family right now?"

Posted by: Trumance1 | June 26, 2009 12:11 PM | Report abuse

I actually figured Farrah's family is relieved that they aren't the focus.

Posted by: mcleve | June 26, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Poor Farrah, her death overshadowed by MJ's. With all she had been through she deserved at least 24 hours.

Typical of MJ-- ooh someone else is getting attention, must do something. I know, I'll die too. That will make them all sorry.

Second the Rihanna -- get a clue.

Man, that whole Dane Cook family came from the shallow end of the gene pool didn't they?

Posted by: epjd | June 26, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Thank you, ep, for the quote of the day. LOL.

Please tell me Kate Walsh wasn't so dumb as to not have a pre-nup.

That said, her ex-husband sounds like a nutcase and she's well rid of him.

Speaking of women who are well rid of crazies, anyone wanna take bets on how long before Rihanna and Chris Crazy are back together?

That Jackson family attorney is one interesting dude. I happened upon a True Hollywood Story of Jacko on E! last night, and that guy said the WEIRDEST things. He seemed to be in complete denial of Jacko's problems.

Posted by: Californian11 | June 26, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Farah - sorry and all but I never got the fan mania. The best part of her public life seems to have been the dignity in the fact of cancer. Before that...

as a tween I remember reading interviews when she bragged about her tv contracts requiring that she would be home to cook her husband dinner every night. Even back then it seemed retro and subservient - esp. when you consider that Lee Majors was the 6 million dollar man - couldn't they hire a cook?

Then her non-marriage to a man whom, again, the only impressive thing he's ever done has been his treatment of Farah during cancer. Before that - terrible, terrible father - all 3 children drug addicts? Punched out one son's teeth during early teenage years? Told Tatum that if he had to choose between her and the woman he was sleeping with, he'd pick Farah? Drug parties in front of kids.

Yuck. I'm sorry for her suffering, but I don't get the worship.

And I won't even start on the fascination with MJ - an impressive artist when I was young who turned into a complete weirdo. Sad about his death, but even sadder about the life he choose.

Posted by: Amelia5 | June 26, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Aack, byoolin, of course you said it before I could.

Posted by: Trumance1 | June 26, 2009 12:11 PM |

========
Forget Farrah. Imagine what Kim Jong-il must be going through!

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 26, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

the photo of Farrah my mind keeps coming back to is not the iconic one in the bathing suit. It was one taken when she was pregnant with Redmond. The pap guy had heard she was out at her beach house. He got a shot of her coming out of the house ina white dress to set up a chair on the deck. The sun was showing through the dress outlining the baby bump really well. As the photographer said "I got a picture of Farrah barefoot and pregnant."

Posted by: epjd | June 26, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Forget Farrah. Imagine what Kim Jong-il must be going through!

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 26, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Arrgh, mdreader01 I was just thinking that!

Posted by: zn123 | June 26, 2009 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Thankyouthankyouthankyou for the Depp video this morning. I think I'll survive the day.
_______

Posted by: hodie | June 26, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Excellent visual there hodie!

Amelia, Farrah never "bragged" about her "Angels" contract stipulating she had to be home by 6:30 to make Lee's dinner. Mostly HE did, and she then had to comment on it. He's also in large part why she got into a contract dispute after only one season--he really didn't like that she was getting more famous than he was. Add to that that he arranged a meeting with her shortly after she got to Hollywood after seeing her picture, the whole thing gets totally creepy to me--it's like he owned her. Serves him right that he sent his good buddy Ryan to go check on her while he was away filming and...

Whatever. I loved Charlie's Angels in all it's campy glory. Kate Jackson was the anti-Thelma, a woman with brains who was also extremely attractive, what a novel concept! And while they didn't have really great fighting skills, they did get physical. For all the T & A, I thought it was still pretty great stuff.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | June 26, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Actually, I thought she did the first year without a signed contract because they were working out the details. Then she walked when they couldn't. The show sued her for "breach of contract" for the implied contract -- she cashed the checks, she showed for work. Then they settled for the infamous "One Million dollars for a few guest appearances."

Umm, it is well within the realm of possiblity, I remember waaaay too much about this issue. My dad says he always knew I put off being a lawyer too long.

Posted by: epjd | June 26, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | June 26, 2009 4:47 PM

==========
Lee Who? ;)

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 26, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Lee Who? ;)

Right. Precisely. ;-)

ep, you're probably right, let's just say that not being able to work out the details was Lee influencing the entire process.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | June 26, 2009 5:23 PM | Report abuse

"I just found out Michael Jackson died on the same day Farrah Fawcett bought it, and I’m completely distraught… What’s next, Scott Baio??"
- Jeff Kay, The West Virginia Surf Report

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 27, 2009 9:30 AM | Report abuse

byoolin
What’s next, Scott Baio??"
- Jeff Kay, The West Virginia Surf Report

Nope, Billy Mays.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 28, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

Murray has NO dea Number Nor License., Michaels Dead Body Photo'd
Heres Michaels Dead body On Gurny:

Notice Its Nighttime. Obvious question, why was anyone inside home, in Michaels bedroom, specificlly, Murray, HAs NO License Nor dea number, its not hard to believe that claims to not have written prescription. Probably designer look alike drugs(called Police Drugs), known as: Diethlyamide, made to look like drugs mentined. Short lived trance effect is good indication of that.
Most likely Murray entered Michaels bedroom, suffocated Michael Jackson with Rubber Bag over head(Procedure Pathologies Like Cardiac Arrest), standard medical termination device, then got caught, late at night, Getting Thru While Family & Michael Was asleep. yet

coroner is nO md ethier. Bet is PEPSI ruined Michael Jacksons face when contract was disputed, Killed michael Jackson when Michael was about to start new catalog of songs. Pepsi is Russian company & thats :From Russia With LOVE. Gangster Mayhem & Killing, enforced thru others by False Promises.
Signed:PHYSICIAN THOMAS STEWART von DRASHEK M.D.

posted by thomasxstewart on Jun 29, 09 at 10:47 am