Posted at 10:15 AM ET, 06/17/2009

Palin Accepts Letterman's Apology; Sean Penn Takes Acting Break

By Liz Kelly
Wednesday

Headlines: Sarah Palin accepts David Letterman's apology... Levi Johnston goes Hollywood... Sean Penn takes a break from acting, drops out of "Stooges" remake... Alec Baldwin says he was "suicidal" after angry voice mail to daughter leaked... Kim Kardashian says she gave Heidi Pratt Playboy posing tips... Stephanie Pratt says "The Hills" made her bulimic... Designer hung up on Angelina Jolie... Will Ferrell bombs at New York private school graduation... Former nanny apologizes to David and Victoria Beckham.

Crime Watch: Mia Farrow's brother found dead in Vermont art gallery... Elle issues statement saying Lindsay Lohan not a suspect in jewel heist... Restraining order issued against Britney Spears trespasser... Chris Brown's attorney asks for delay in assault case.

Pix: Lindsay Lohan posts topless pic to Twitter (NSFW)... GQ covers: Aniston vs. Bruno... Reese Witherspoon on set in D.C.

Video: -- The Duggars talk to On Faith's Sally Quinn:

More: Harem pants-wearing "Hammer" flash mob hits L.A. store...

Rumor Mill: Samantha Ronson breaks up with Lindsay Lohan (again) via text message... Parents say Amy Winehouse still abusing alcohol... Adrian Grenier dating "Twilight's" Ashley Greene?... Did Victoria Beckham have breast reduction surgery?... Portia de Rossi penning memoir about anorexia struggle?... David Cross says Jim Belushi once refused to give an autograph for sick 8-year-old... Dominic Monaghan in talks for a "Lost" return? (ninth item)... Shia LaBeouf hints at fifth "Indiana Jones" installment.

Coming Next Week: The return of The "Lost" Hour -- join Jen Chaney and me for a summer-long review of seasons 1 and 2. Start watching now. Start chatting next Thursday at 3 p.m. ET.

By Liz Kelly  | June 17, 2009; 10:15 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Dollars and Scents: New Fragrances from Reese Witherspoon, 50 Cent and More...
Next: Heidi and Spencer's Guide to Fame

Comments

Them well-scrubbed shiny happy Duggars creep the h3ll out of me.

Posted by: jaybbub | June 17, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

's OK Sean. I couldn't see you as Curley anyway.

Wait...there are "tips" on posing for Playboy? Considering the audience (Heidi) maybe there does need to be.

Lilo comes off suspect list and another potential arrestee escapes my clutches! Note that there is a Lilo hat trick in today's blog.

Amy Winehouse still abusing chemicals? I am shocked at the suggestion. Course it is just a rumor.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 17, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Okay, we got Letterman apologising, and a former nanny apologizing. When is Kim Kardashian going to apologize for speaking to and about Heidi Pratt?

Sean Penn takes a break from acting and drops the 3 Stooges. A sigh of relief is heard everywhere. Sean, the stooges did not break cameras into people's faces.

Posted by: epjd | June 17, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Levi Johnston couldn't *spell* Hollywood, even if you spotted him the consonants.

After Heincer showed us they're boobs,
it's only natural that Heidi would want to show us hers, right?

Lest the spelling police get on Liz Kelly for "Will Farrell," it's not a mistake. It's a measure of Ms. Kelly's esteem of his work that prompts her spelling it like that. When he gets funny, his name will be spelled correctly.

At the moment, the link to LiLo's topless pic story at Us gets you "Sorry, we've gone into celebrity overload! We're working on the problem and will be up and running before you know it!" Sort of the opposite of "Ta ta for now," I guess.

"Jim Belushi once refused to give an autograph for sick 8-year-old." That's terrible! What ind of parents would let their 8-year-old watch anything Jim Belushi appeared in, much les approach him for an autograph?

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 17, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Jaybbub, I'll second that!

Seems that Us Weekly's re-post of LiLo's twitpic has overloaded their server. Umm, okay, but is there really anything to look at there? Girl's a stick.

In re: Victoria Beckham: Is it breast reduction if you just have your implants replaced with smaller ones?

Title suggestion for the next Indiana Jones flick: "Indiana Jones and the Magic Electric Powerchair"

Posted by: northgs | June 17, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

The Onion nails it:

"I think Letterman should have waited a couple weeks to be sure she really wasn't impregnated at the game.”

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 17, 2009 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Ok, I saw the Lilo pic, her boobies are covered by her hair. Sorry guys.

Posted by: zn123 | June 17, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

"Shia LaBeouf hints at fifth "Indiana Jones" installment."
- Indiana Jones and the Complex of Oedipus

"Lindsay Lohan posts topless pic to Twitter"
- While I like to think she's just showing her support for the Iranian opposition, I suspect she actually mistook her Blackberry for a can of Sevin-Nyne.

"Alec Baldwin says he was 'suicidal' after angry voice mail to daughter leaked."
- Then, he met Heidi, Spencer and Stephanie Pratt and realized that he's not the worst father in the world.

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 17, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

thank you for posting that Hammer video. Although not the best thing to click on while trying to leave a voicemail while working, it definitely brightened my day.

i so wish i was at that store on that day.

ohhh-oh-oh-ohhh-oh-oh

Posted by: melindaboyd | June 17, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Kim Kardashian should have been the graduation speaker. I'm sure she'd give all the girls some good "tips" about future life....
Tip #1: Drain head of every coherant thought.
Tip #2 Call "Playboy" and spread it.

Posted by: possum_pouch | June 17, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

To Sam Ro, with appologies to Neil Sedaka:

My thumbs are killing me
Just typed "I H8 U, CWOT!"
Now I hit send. What happens next?
This breaking up is hard to text.

Remember when we'd H&K
We would H6 with NSA
Now I must ask WAWA?
WAN2TLK?

They say that breaking up is hard to type.
But I think that's a whole lot of hype.
@TEOTD
MLM ADIH U PITA ADBB

FIIOOH
FC'INGO, SIHTH
IG2R, WCA
N U CAN BIOYA.

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 17, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for pointing that out, Byoo. I have some kind of mental block when it comes to spelling his name.

Also Sam Lufti Lutfi's name. If only I could add these to my spellchecker.

Posted by: Liz_Likes_Celebs_Not_Baseball | June 17, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

mdreader, congrats on your best single yet!

Posted by: hodie | June 17, 2009 12:01 PM | Report abuse

the Lilo pic, her boobies are covered by hair.

Sas' are too, so I hear.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 17, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

The Hills makes me want to throw up too.

Posted by: kvs71 | June 17, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Will Ferrell/Colin Farrell
Will Ferrell has no A in his last name. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002071)
Yours in the copy editing struggle,
Liz

Posted by: otherliz | June 17, 2009 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Why is the LiLo pic getting so much attention? She isn't even topless. That ridiculus wig covers her entire chest. The tabloid mags are constantly hyping "topless" or "nude" photos of celebs that are neither. I'm sure Heidi Montag will be covering all her private parts in her playboy layout as well.

Posted by: buffysummers | June 17, 2009 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: buffysummers | June 17, 2009 12:20 PM

Buffy, in celeb mag headline writer language, this would become, "LiLo dons chest wig."

Posted by: northgs | June 17, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Them well-scrubbed shiny happy Duggars creep the h3ll out of me.

Posted by: jaybbub |

-------------------------------------------
Look at it this way: They have enough kids to open a golf course. Be careful when playing the back nine.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 17, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse

I still say there's a Lilo hat trick today (Crime, Pix, and Rumors), or a trifecta, if you prefer. And I claim it makes no dif if one of the mentions is an old "topless" pic being recycled. I remind the Lizards that there was a very famous post of a topless girl whose boobs were covered by her long hair. Of course it was the 60s. Before starlets exposed their hoo-hahs on the internet.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 17, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

ROFL over the typo in the Victoria Beckham article ... "she'd had a third boob to drop to a 34B" ... hehehehehehe

Re. KK's Playboy spread: "classy" is not exactly the word that comes to mind.

Poor Mia Farrow. First her daughter, now her brother.

Each day I hope we are at 14:59 with the Palins, anyone who ever had anything to do with the Palins, and whomever that Tori Spelling-big-head-like Heidi person is. And each day I'm disappointed.

Memo to Sarah Palin: do like your running mate and show some class and dignity.

Posted by: Californian11 | June 17, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

I mean poster. The old kind. That hangs on the wall.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 17, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Wow, Bruno had a full-body Boyzilian, huh? I always thought he was extremely hairy.

Posted by: Californian11 | June 17, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

I've decided that all troubled celebrities need a "Tank." Levi Johnson should not bogart that genius. Imagine what troubles could be alleviated if everyone could just heed this sage advice:

"You’re going to meet all different types of people. Don’t overreact. Nobody’s going to hurt you. You gotta be accepting of all different types of people. You’re talking about dealing with Hollywood? You’re going to really meet some strange people.”

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 17, 2009 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Makes me think of the legendary groucho marx quip from that quiz show when the contestant had 8 kids...

"I like my cigar, but I take it out every now and then...."

Posted by: memphis1 | June 17, 2009 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Every time one of the Palin kids has sex, it makes the news.

Thanks, Jezebel.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 17, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Should we retire Victoria's Beckham's title of Skeleboobs?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 17, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

After barking at Mr. Plamar for some mild infraction involving one of the kids and poop, I flipped between watching the Duggars and the finale of Real Housewives, NJ (I know, weird juxtaposition of "reality"). These shows only help reaffirm how good I have it- Mr. Plamar was promptly forgiven.

Posted by: plamar1031 | June 17, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

[applause]
You know...
The Duggar brood visted Washington, DC the other day. How many of them are there now? Paul?

Paul: 21, 22? I lost count.

[laughter]

Anyway...I heard Michelle, that's the mom, you know... Michelle had a heck of a time during their visit to Capitol Hill.
Why before lunch, Senator Ensign knocked up one of her daughters.

[laughter, peppered with gasps and applause]

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 17, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad Letterman apologized, not because I think he owed Sarah Palin anything, but just to silence the Republican hate machine. Next, if Senator Ensign resigns, we might have some peace for a little while.

Posted by: lindalovejones | June 17, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Are the Duggars the ones with the "prayer closet" in their house?....remember when we were assuming (with all that conceiving going on) that there also had to be a "humpin closet." Does Ikea carry comfortable and affordable furniture to furnish such a room?

Posted by: possum_pouch | June 17, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Possum asks:

"Are the Duggars the ones with the "prayer closet" in their house?."

With so many people living under one roof, I hope that they have several water closets in the house.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 17, 2009 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Possum asks:

"Are the Duggars the ones with the "prayer closet" in their house?."

===================

Perhaps they are. But then again, when it comes right down to it, is the Duggar "prayer closet" any different than Chris Martin's "safe room"?

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 17, 2009 5:46 PM | Report abuse