Posted at 8:10 AM ET, 06/30/2009

Tabloid Paid $500K for Jackson Pic; SJP Reveals New Twins

By Liz Kelly

Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick and son James Wilkie pose with new twins Marion Loretta Elwell, left, and Tabitha Hodge. (AP)

Tuesday

Headlines: Lawyer says he has a copy of Michael Jackson's will... OK! Magazine paid $500,000 for cover photo of dying Jackson (Warning: thumbnail of pic at link)... Promoter to issue refund to Jackson concert ticket-holders... Medical examiner says heart disease may have killed Billy Mays... Jon and Kate Gosselin say they're done talking to the media; Kate Gosselin's book delayed... Emma Watson says she didn't know of "Harry Potter" fortune until she turned 18... Britney Spears's and Ellen DeGeneres's TwitPic accounts hacked... Christopher Meloni and Mariska Hargitay sign on for two more years of "SVU"... Patrick Dempsey launching second fragrance... Diane Keaton fine after on-set accident while wearing Sumo wrestler costume that is actually an improvement on her normal garb... "Bachelor" dumpee Melissa Rycroft engaged.

Pix: Michael Jackson sand castle tribute... Seven-year-old Angelina Jolie's movie debut... Mariah Carey crossdresses for new video.

Rumor Mill: Coroner dismisses leaked Michael Jackson autopsy details... Chris Brown dropped from BET Awards lineup... Miley Cyrus and Hugh Jackman teaming up for "Bodyguard" remake... Drea de Matteo joining "Desperate Housewives" cast... Kellie Pickler secretly dating Kid Rock for a year?... Tennis star Anna Kournikova involved in Vegas bar brawl.

Say What?
"I am the hardest-working person I know. I'm a workaholic. I don't know what to do when I'm not working. I get creatively frustrated." -- The chronically frustrated Lindsay Lohan

---
Coming Thursday: Watch this week's three episodes of season 1, then prep your questions for Thursday's "Lost" Hour.

Best Pet Tricks! Submit your videos for a chance to claim bragging rights.

By Liz Kelly  | June 30, 2009; 8:10 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: What Will Happen to Michael Jackson's Kids?
Next: Jacko Overload?

Comments

Jon and Kate Gosselin say they're done talking to the media.

Promises, promises...

Tennis star Anna Kournikova involved in Vegas bar brawl.

Didn't she formerly date Sergei Fedorov? To borrow from the late Rodney Dangerfield, I'm surprised a hockey game didn't break out.

Lindsay Lohan: "I'm a ____aholic"

"Work" isn't the first word that would necessarily have come to mind to fill in that blank.

Kellie Pickler secretly dating Kid Rock for a year.

First Pammy, now Kellie. Guess the Kid likes artificially embiggened "shoes," so firm, so almost lifelike.

No snark on the SJP/MB photo, it's just sweet.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 30, 2009 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Miley Cyrus and Hugh Jackman teaming up for "Bodyguard" remake...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

On a more serious note, isn't Miley Cyrus 16 and Hugh Jackman much older than 16? I assume this will be a rated G Bodyguard.

Posted by: zn123 | June 30, 2009 9:18 AM | Report abuse

That's the first time we've seen Matthew Broderick smiling in a pic in a while...

Posted by: FantasticToe | June 30, 2009 9:28 AM | Report abuse

That lawyer's name isn't Melvin Dummar, is it?

"Jon and Kate Gosselin say they're done talking to the media." I think there's some sort of technical problem with the old Cone of Silence...

Miley Cyrus and Hugh Jackman in a remake of "The Bodyguard" has to be the worst idea since, well, Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner in "The Bodyguard."

Kid Rock responds: "Pickler? I hardly know her!"

"Tennis star Anna Kournikova involved in Vegas bar brawl." (Which she won, 6-4, 6-4, 6-2.)

"I don't know what to do when I'm not working." Good thing you've got the booze and the drugs to fall back on, then.

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 30, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

I am bit worried about how Matthew is holding that baby. Has no one told him little ones need support?

Kate Gosselin's book delayed. They need to coordinate the release with Dina Lohan's book on parenting.

Posted by: epjd | June 30, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

"Miley Cyrus and Hugh Jackman teaming up for "Bodyguard" remake"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(gasp)HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA.

I could dig Hugh Jackman in that, it's just the pairing of him and Miley Cyrus that fills me with mirth. Mirth, and not a little horror. Um. So. I nominate Pink instead.

"Jon and Kate Gosselin say they're done talking to the media."
It's like Christmas came early!

Kudos to Emma Watson and her parents; she really seems to have her head screwed on straight, and her parents seem to have given her a very solid grounding to balance out all the fame and attention she's getting. Good luck to her in college!

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | June 30, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Jon and Kate Gosselin say they're done talking to the media...

Can they just stop talking on camera all together?????

Since when did bar hopping and randomly hooking up become a job??? Where do I send my resume for that? If she's the hardest working person she knows, she might need to get out more...

Posted by: ChaoticCracker | June 30, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

My friend and I had a very important discussion the other day: Who was the first celebrity to create a fragrance, and why? I say Elizabeth Taylor's Diamonds, but who knows? Liz, can you address this pressing concern?

Posted by: Katyola | June 30, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Includes some posted as gospel on this blog!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 30, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Anna Kournikova drank gun flavored Power Thirst in a rocket can. Is that cannibalism?

Posted by: MzFitz | June 30, 2009 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Nice photo of the Brodericks. Not used to seeing him with blonder hair than her, though. James Wilkie just realized his inheritance just got chopped in third.

Hugh and Miley? To quote Lina Lamont, "that's just dumb." Ick. Nast.

All those MJ ticket holders have a real dilemma. Refund or eBay?

The other day, I saw a clip of "Jon and Kate" where she 1) she gets really mad whenever anyone is in her kitchen and 2) says, "I don't follow recipes." As such, I hope it's a short book. Love may be in the mix, but stay away from the mixmaster whenever Kate is tossing items at random into it. You've been warned.

Diane Keaton must have a lot of debt to have agreed to wear that outfit in a new movie. Is it me, or have all the "Godfather" cast members sold out big time? Pacino, De Niro, all of them. No dignity whatsoever. What's next, Robert Duvall in a "To Wong Foo" remake? Talia Shire guesting on iCarly?

Speaking of bad outfits, Mariah whoa! But which one is the crossdresser shot?

Lindsay is not "the hardest-working person" in the world. That would be either Ryan Seacrest or Tom Bergeron. (Or Kate Gosselin; just stay out of her kitchen.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 30, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

I'm just trying to imagine the first conversation about remaking The Bodyguard with Miley Cyrus and Hugh Jackman. It's just so lame on some many levels, starting with actually remaking The Bodyguard. The only way it could be critically acclaimed is if they somehow talk Billy Ray into being in it. Maybe as the dad?

Posted by: rashibama | June 30, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Hey, how did Sudarshan Pattnaik get that OK! magazine photo in time to create that sandcastle so quickly? (And why the guitar?)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 30, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Kid Rock responds: "Pickler? I hardly know her!"

made. my. day.

Posted by: memphis1 | June 30, 2009 10:46 AM | Report abuse

I'm trying to make sense (scents?) of Patrick Dempsey and the cologne.

1) "he’s ... poised to launch his second masculine scent"
2) “It’s about the intimacy of two people and the strength you get in a relationship. I thought, why don’t we just go with ‘2′ and make this about being a couple.”
3) "his advertising campaign .. features the star posed with his wife of ten years."

Who's the target audience, bisexual married men? Am I missing something here amidst the mandarin, nutmeg, spiced wood accord and patchouli? Help me out.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 30, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

It I were dating KidRock, I'd keep it a secret too.

Posted by: hodie2 | June 30, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

If I were dating Kid Rock, I would keep it secret too.

Posted by: hodie2 | June 30, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Oops double post. I meant:

If I were dating Kellie Pickler, I'd keep it secret too.

Posted by: hodie2 | June 30, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Katyola | June 30, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Goes waay back before motion pictures.

Posted by: jezebel3 | June 30, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: rashibama | June 30, 2009 10:36 AM
===============
Oh yeah. Cute bodyguard hired to protect teenage daughter falls in love with teenage daughter's dad. But the rub is that the dad is actually dead and only the bodyguard can see him. M. Night Shamaylan, where are you?

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 30, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

"M. Night Shamaylan, where are you?"

My best guess is on a street corner in LA with a cardboard sign that says: "Will direct crummy movie for food."

Posted by: MStreet1 | June 30, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Drea Di Matteo joins cast of "Desparate Housewives."
- Bravo's "Real Housewives of New Jersey is turning out to be more influential than I first thought.

“It’s not that hard to be me, but I do work harder than most of my friends’ parents,” Lindsay Lohan tells "OK!"
- Are all her friends children of laid-off GM workers?

Patrick Dempsey releases his second fragrance, "Patrick Dempsey 2."
- You're a marketing genius, Patrick, naming your fragrance "#2."

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 30, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Liz,

Just for the record, could you explain why you hate Diane Keaton so much?

Posted by: kjohnson3 | June 30, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mdreader01
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now THAT I'd watch.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | June 30, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mdreader01

Who happens to be a state governor, who is a Bible-quoting, "Promise Keeper".

Posted by: jezebel3 | June 30, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

kjohnson, Liz attempts to explain her Diane Keaton hate here:
and unleashes the inner snarktopus here:

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | June 30, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mdreader01
===================
Who happens to be a state governor, who is a Bible-quoting, "Promise Keeper".
Posted by: jezebel3 | June 30, 2009 11:32 AM
===================
From the producers of "Michael Jackson, CSI" coming this Fall, to the Lizard Television Network......

"Bodyguard II: Promises to Keep"

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 30, 2009 11:37 AM | Report abuse

"M. Night Shamaylan, where are you?"

Posted by: MStreet1

* * *
If anyone sees him, please let me know as soon as possible - he's been hiding.

I WILL get my $15 and 2 hours back, Shamaylan! You best watch your back.

Posted by: VaLGaL | June 30, 2009 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mdreader01
===================
Who happens to be a state governor, who is a Bible-quoting, "Promise Keeper".
Posted by: jezebel3 | June 30, 2009 11:32 AM
===================

"Bodyguard II: Promises to Keep"

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 30, 2009 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Featuring exciting "crossover" episodes with "Matlock", "Will and Grace" & "Law and Order: CI (fat Bobby).

Posted by: jezebel3 | June 30, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Love the SJP family pic too -- and look, Brangelina, SJP isn't showing her boob to get attention.

Matthew's sideburns have GOT to go, though.

Anna K. is a tennis ace? Really?

Posted by: Californian11 | June 30, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

I think the thing that surprised me most about those pix of Mariah is that she is actually covered up and fully dressed. That has to be a first.

Posted by: Californian11 | June 30, 2009 12:39 PM | Report abuse

I know there was a perfume named after Stalin's daughter ("Svetlana's Breath") in the early 1950's. I'm not sure how long it had been around at that time. I'm pretty sure Liz Taylor got into the business with "Passion" in the 1980's.

You could argue that Jean Patou's perfumes of the 1930's ("Joy", "Colony", etc.) were "celebrity" perfumes, since he was known primarily for fashion, not cosmetics or scents. And Guy Robert did a bunch of fragrances for fashion icons like Christian Dior & Mary Quant in the 1960's & 1970's.

Posted by: bobsewell | June 30, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bobsewell | June 30, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Go back further...

Posted by: jezebel3 | June 30, 2009 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, bobsewell. That reminds me of Coco Chanel and her iconic fifth fragrance, which Wikipedia claims was introduced in 1921:

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 30, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Actually, acc. to Wiki No. 5 was Chanel's first fragrance, but she was superstitious re the number five:

"1921 saw the introduction of her first perfume Chanel No. 5.[1] Earnest Beaux created the fragrance for Coco and she named it after her lucky number 5.[1] The fragrance was a success. The signature scent was a result of her belief in superstitions. She was scheduled to show her collection on the fifth day of the fifth month..." (ibid.)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 30, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 30, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Go further back...

Posted by: jezebel3 | June 30, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Well, jeez, jez... Cleopatra, Queen Elizabeth I, and Josephine all had scents that were made for them, and emulated. But the modern perfume marketing business hadn't really taken off yet, ya know?

Posted by: bobsewell | June 30, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

If a perfume wafts in the forest but nobody smells it, does it have a scent?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 30, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

I hereby join the horrified chorus re Hugh Jackman and Miley Cyrus "Bodyguard" remake. Sweet Jehosephat. A terrible terrible idea. What, he's going to get all paternal about her? Cuz there sure can't be a romance, not unless they introduce a mother character for her. How lame. And considering what a total BOMB Costner/Houston was. I don't think I'd take that on even as a writing assignment.

Nosy, don't know whether to take Wiki or the biopic's word for it--In the one with Shirley MacClaine Coco was trying by turns each of about ten vials of scent to decide which concoction she liked best and happened to like #5 the most and when asked what she wanted to call it said Chanel No. 5 and that was it. As there doesn't seem to be added dramatic value either way, it's a draw.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | June 30, 2009 2:21 PM | Report abuse

sorcerer's_cat, I take listings in Wiki with a box or two of salt, but it can be a useful starting point for online research.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 30, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

I was too late to both Gene's and Farhi's chats today -- esp. Farhi, with all that chatter about celebrity deaths, the rule of three, etc. and NO ONE mentioned Carradine. Considering how unseemly it was followed by two weeks of weird speculation, it's amazing that it has completely vanished from the public consciousness.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | June 30, 2009 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, I agree, re Wiki. Useful, not always accurate.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | June 30, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat, Farhi's chat mentioned David Carradine toward the end.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 30, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Right you are nosy--I must have skimmed that entry and missed it. And Paul fanned on addressing it in his reply.

Caught a bit of Wimbledon this morning, yikes is Venus looking unbeatable. Liz, Anna K was never and is not currently a "tennis star". She was a decent player who never won a single title even in smaller events who parlayed her looks into a career in endorsements. I'd reserve "tennis star" (contemporary) for the likes of Graf, Henin, Williams/Williams, Hingis, Clijsters, all of whom amassed (or are still amassing) tons of tournament titles and Slams.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | June 30, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Does this picture of Johnny Depp remind anyone else of Bug-Eyed Earl from "Red Meat"?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 30, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Note to Mariah Carey: next time you cross-dress, don't forget the codpiece.

Is Kate Gosselin's book delayed because it takes that long to spell check, or because her divorce lawyer now has to review her stories and preface them with "Complainant alleges...."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 30, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Sas
Note to Mariah Carey: next time you cross-dress, don't forget the codpiece.

MJ has some in his wardrobe that he won't be needing any more.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 30, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

OK, why does IMDb -- but no one else -- say Kathy Bates died Sunday?! Another Jeff Goldblum-esque false rumor? Honestly, the world has gone crazy.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 30, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

td, probably more hacker handiwork, like the false claims re Britney and Ellen.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 30, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Sas
He's good enough, he's smart enough, and, doggone it, the Minnesota Supreme Court likes him!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 30, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

That's weird td, her BIRTHDAY was on Sunday, but I haven't heard anything about her dying.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | June 30, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Late to the party as usual, maybe Nosy is still around.

Why is that every time I hear or see the name Patrick Dempsey, I think Patrick Duffy?

Did anyone else see the internet rumor of Rick Astley being dead?

Isn't typically Kid Rock the one involved in bar brawls and Anna Kournikova the one secretly dating someone?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | June 30, 2009 8:36 PM | Report abuse