Posted at 5:43 PM ET, 06/ 3/2009

Video: Joe Jonas, Single Lady?

By Liz Kelly

I'm not sure how the Jonas Brothers think the abomination below will help sell their upcoming new album, but I'm sure the big brains at Disney know what they're doing with their cash cows:

For anyone unable to watch at work, allow me to summarize in haiku form:

Joe Jonas single
ladies tight black leotard
Quick! Quick! Look away.

Here's the original Beyonce version. Also, someone might want to tell Joe Jonas that Justin Timberlake already did this several months ago on "SNL" -- though Timberlake's was slightly different -- he actually took the time to get some of Beyonce's moves down and it was actually funny.

Thanks to Express Night Out for the heads up.

By Liz Kelly  | June 3, 2009; 5:43 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Count Me Out of 'I'm a Celebrity,' Too
Next: Angelina Jolie Tops Forbes Most Powerful Celeb List

Comments

Mind bleach, please. It's worse than this one.

Posted by: yellojkt | June 4, 2009 7:35 AM | Report abuse

Or this one:

Posted by: yellojkt | June 4, 2009 7:37 AM | Report abuse

I actually find the flannel PJs version of it kind of sexy.

Posted by: yellojkt | June 4, 2009 7:39 AM | Report abuse

Jeez, folks. I couldn't tell you the names of the Jonas brothers before this, let alone the name of a single one of their songs. I just consider them one of the many boy bands that gets foisted upon us every four or five years because tween girls like cute boys who play instruments and sing and seem sensitive.

But I give credit to anyone willing to intentionally humiliate themselves so widely and publicly.

It may not as be as funny or original as other "Single Ladies" spoofs, but I actually found it endearing that he obviously didn't take it seriously enough to learn the lyrics or get the dance moves appropriately timed. He knew damn well how stupid it all was.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | June 4, 2009 8:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | June 4, 2009 8:36 AM

=========
The brothers didn't take "Superstition" seriously enough to learn it for their collaboration with Stevie Wonder at the Grammy Awards, either.

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 4, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

No, it's not as funny as Justin Timberlake's version, but my ten year old daughter and the thousands of other Jonas fans her age don't watch Saturday Night Live. They'll think this is original and funny.

Posted by: newengland1 | June 4, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

mdreader01:

Really? Okay, *that's* lame.

(I stopped watching the Grammys a while back - they seem to heap glory on one artist per year. I'm also officially middle-aged - I don't know who half the artists are anymore. The price I pay for picking and choosing my XM stations...)

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | June 4, 2009 12:22 PM | Report abuse