Posted at 8:40 AM ET, 07/17/2009

Angelina Named 'Ultimate Lesbian Heroine,' Report: Mischa Barton Hospitalized

By Liz Kelly
Friday

Headlines: Coroner expects Michael Jackson autopsy results in two weeks... Pepsi spokesperson says company dismayed by release of accident footage... Debbie Rowe files suit over custody rumors... Two workers die in collapse of Madonna concert stage... Farrah Fawcett gets posthumous Emmy nod | Full Emmy Coverage... Gerard Butler annoyed by speculation that he's romancing Jennifer Aniston... Angelina Jolie named "ultimate lesbian heroine"... Jerry Seinfeld tops list of highest paid comedians (but who do we blame for Dane Cook's continued success?)... Ivanka Trump engaged to longtime boyfriend... Richard Gere hopes his new B&B will "benefit the world"... "Angela's Ashes" author Frank McCourt near death, says brother.

Pix: Kim Kardashian, Marilyn Manson -- separated at birth? (Related: Apparently having no eyebrows is a trend)... Heather Mills rocks a Kate Gosselin-ish 'do... "Iron Man" EW cover.

Video: New "Sherlock Holmes" trailer debuts...

More: Highlights from Dave Chappelle's impromptu Portland show.

Rumor Mill: Mischa Barton placed under involuntary psychiatric hold... LAPD investigating Michael Jackson's pseudonyms... Arnold Klein (Jackson's dermatologist) had prescription drug-peddling past... Jamie Lynn Spears calls off engagement... Former "Charlie's Angel" Kate Jackson living in rat-infested home?... Ashton Kutcher ruptures ear drum on film set... Tom Cruise spotted doing "Single Ladies" dance at Beyonce concert.

Say What?
"I accidentally almost killed Tina Fey's baby. I was playing with her child who's about 2 years old and I got a little bit too excited, and it started choking and threw up on itself. I've never felt more embarrassed in my entire life." -- Moby, who was fortunately saved from humiliation when the baby lived.

By Liz Kelly  | July 17, 2009; 8:40 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Another Way to Stalk the Stars
Next: No Eyebrows -- The New Black or Totally Whack?

Comments

from the eyebrow story:

"As head of the makeup department for the recent retcon of “Star Trek,” Ms. Hall was responsible for the decimation of countless brows. After sessions with her team, the actors were given eyebrow pencils and specially made eyebrow merkins created by the wig department."

Eyebrow merkins? I seriously hope that doesn't become a trend.

Posted by: GroovisMaximus61 | July 17, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Mischa Barton has definitely entered Britney Spears territory. Next stop, conservatorship. Or a lesbian relationship with SamRo.

Not the way I thought Tom Cruise would come out of the closet and announce his divorce from Katie.

Posted by: epjd | July 17, 2009 9:08 AM | Report abuse

There isn't one thing about that Moby quote that isn't fubar...

Posted by: snuggie | July 17, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Proving once again that I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

Posted by: yellojkt | July 17, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Bad idea time: Pepsi tries to divert our attention from MJ's accident footage by re-releasing Pepsi Clear.

""Angela's Ashes" author Frank McCourt near death, says brother." But, he adds, that's still nowhere near as depressing as any of Frank's books.

"Tom Cruise spotted doing "Single Ladies" dance at Beyonce concert." I don't know what this sentence means, but I am going to go ahead and assume it means Tom was in drag, because that seems entirely plausible to me.

Where to start with Moby:

1 - "I was playing with her child who's about 2 years old and I got a little bit too excited..." Who are you, Moby Wayne Gacy?

2 - "...it started choking and threw up on itself." Um, 'it'? If you can't tell the kid's sex by his or her name, you could have asked Tina...

3 - "I got a little bit too excited, and it started choking and threw up on itself. I've never felt more embarrassed in my entire life." In other words, just like what happened that time he asked out Natalie Portman.

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 17, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Per the eyebrows:

Kevyn Aucoin did it a decade ago now in "Making Faces" to demonstrate how it can radically change the look of a face (though he thought actual, well-groomed eyebrows looked better). What's the huge deal?

Per the "Sherlock Holmes" trailer:

Saw it when I went to see Harry Potter the other day (a window opened up, what can I say?). I cannot wait to see that...

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | July 17, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

A glimmer of common sense from one named Spears. Who'd a thought?

That Kate Jackson story is a tad disturbing, and not in a snarky way.

It might be too early to call no-eyebrows a trend. I love the advice the article gives though: start by shaving one and see how it looks. My grandmother shaved hers during the 1920's and they never grew back.

Posted by: jelo97 | July 17, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

I can not wrap my mind around that Moby quote...Moby got "too excited" and the baby almost choked? WTF?

That whole eyebrow thing is just weird. I can't seem to keep mine under control now, I can't imagine where I would find the time to completely tweeze them away...or why I would want to do that.

Posted by: VaLGaL | July 17, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Jelo was that a trend in the roaring 20s or did you G'ma just pull a Britney with her eyebrows?

Posted by: VaLGaL | July 17, 2009 9:54 AM | Report abuse

I would like to point out the page with the Heather Mills story also features an add for a "Space Saving Water Butt." I'm not saying there's a connection. I'm just saying it's there.

Posted by: ishkabibbleA | July 17, 2009 10:06 AM | Report abuse

I wouldn't let Moby anywhere near my kid. Yeeeks.

Time for our Friday love for The Swayze. Haven't heard anything from him in weeks, I'm afraid about what that means. We're thinking of you, Patrick! Stay strong!

Posted by: jaybbub | July 17, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Val it was def. a Roaring 20's thing. She was quite the party gal during the time and met her first husband at a blind pig/hooch parlor. The look was that pencil line drawn in instead. My Gma used to say "Beauty must suffer." We didn't get full brows back until Joan Crawford.

Posted by: jelo97 | July 17, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

In other news, Beyonce was spotted in a MiG with Anthony Edwards.

That's no rat in Kate Jackson's home. That's David Doyle, hiding from all the paparazzi begging him for a Farrah quote.

Does being the ultimate lesbian heroine preclude Angelina from competing for ultimate heterosexual heroine?

And can we expect the results of ultimate gay hero anytime soon? I'm seeing a reality show, with Neil Patrick Harris as host (think he's free?). On Bravo.

I don't need the toxicology reports. Michael Jackson died because he just finished reading a Frank McCourt book and said the heck with it, I'm outta here.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 17, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Sounds like Kate Jackson has a hoarding syndrome. Sad story. Hope she gets help.

Tom Cruise and Scientology friends, take note of the Kate Jackson story. Untreated mental illness is not a good thing. One day you're doing the Single Ladies dance at a Beyonce concert and the next day you need a bulldozer and pest control to come to your home.

Wonder how many of us Lizards could afford a stay at Richard Gere's B&B? Did anyone see a price?

Not a fan of the no-eyebrows look.

Hey Moby, babies do spit up, especially when bounced after a meal. No biggie.

Posted by: hodie | July 17, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the history lesson, jelo. I did not know that. Your g'ma must have been a hoot!

Little babies spit up, toddlers not so much...

Posted by: VaLGaL | July 17, 2009 10:48 AM | Report abuse

I also wish to deny that I am romancing Jennifer Anniston.

Per td's comment, I'm assuming that the "Ultimate Lesbian Heroine" designation is the same as it was for the avowedly hetero Lucy Lawless (Xena, Warrior Princess) several years ago. That means us guys are free to continue to lust after Angie. If that's what floats your boat.

Kim Kardashian's eyebrows were stranded in Africa. Angie's lips, unfortunately, were not.

Heather Mills looks better in Kate's hair than Kate does. Course Heather won her divorce settlment already.

The difference between Mischa Barton, Kate Jackson and Moby is that Mischa has actually been placed under psychiatric care.

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 17, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Andy Warhol muse Jane Forth (age 17) shaved her eyebrows. I wonder if they ever grew back. Does anyone know what ever became of her? Talk about 15 minutes of fame...

Heather Mills rocks a Kate Gosselin-ish 'do.

Sorry, but it's not a rockin' 'do on anyone. It's just plain fugly.

Tom Cruise spotted doing "Single Ladies" dance at Beyonce concert.

The scary thing is that the account claims he knew and performed the ENTIRE (their caps) dance routine. Queen Liz omitted my favorite line from the article, however: "Thankfully, the sight of a 4-foot Mission Impossible agent shaking his bootylicious behind didn’t prevent Beyonce from continuing the show. She’s a true professional."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 17, 2009 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone dare speculate as to what qualities determine an ultimate lesbian hero --- I submit that a listing may be not allowed in this here PG establishment...

after all, something as mild as a Lesbian Lip-lock does not a hero make (if it did we'd be at the point of a rather crowded Lesbian Hall of Justice with sub-par Superlesbians like the WonderLesbians and Aqualesbian).

There has to be some sort of uberspecial quality that makes you an ultimate hero. I wonder what it is...

Posted by: LTL1 | July 17, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

ValGal, agree much easier to get a baby to spit up than a toddler, but swing a 2yo around in circles or throw them up in the air a couple of times after they've had Mac'n'cheese, teddy grahams and grape juice and see what happens. LOL. My nephew used to where a bib when he was a baby that said Spit happens.

Posted by: hodie | July 17, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

grammar check: should say "my nephew used to WEAR a bib...."

Posted by: hodie | July 17, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Sounds like Kate Jackson has a hoarding syndrome. Sad story. Hope she gets help
***
yes, it does. a couple years back, a former neighbor called. the police, humane society and adult protective services were at another neighbor's home. that neighbor was in her 90s and had an adult daughter w/some form of mental illness. the authorities removed over 150 cats from the house. i was asked to go over to see them, being the neighborhood lawyer. it was staggering, sickening. the smell. i gagged. and the house had been aired out for a couple of days. they were allowed to keep 5 cats and the city was going to extend a long, low term loan to fix the house up. the urine smell was everywhere. baseboards, drywall. and the mother and daughter really couldn't smell it. they were surprised by my reaction. i said, it's horrible in here, how can you stand it? oh, that hoarding disease is bad, bad, bad. anybody watch the documentary "grey gardens"? sorry for the long response. hodie's comment triggered memories. cleanse brain now.

Posted by: frieda406 | July 17, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

"[A] rather crowded Lesbian Hall of Justice with sub-par Superlesbians like the WonderLesbians and Aqualesbian." --LTL1

Fantastic idea, Lurker! Where's our screenwriter? Lesbian Twin Powers, activate!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 17, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Yes, Frieda, I saw Grey Gardens. I wouldn't have watched had it not been for Liz's post on Drew Barrymore a couple of months back. I thought it was very good.

Come to think of it, I think Drew had no eyebrows in this flick too....mmmm

Posted by: hodie | July 17, 2009 12:07 PM | Report abuse

td wins the Quote of the Week contest again!!! "Michael Jackson died because he just finished reading a Frank McCourt book and said the heck with it, I'm outta here." ROFL ............

You heard it here first: the official convening of the Stop Idolizing Angelina club. Enough about her already!!! Yuck!

Mischa Barton: was she hospitalized for "exhaustion" or "dehydration"? Up next: rehab, followed by "opening up" about whatever it was her problems are. Yawn.

Shouldn't it be Kate G. rocks a Heather Mills do? Didn't Heather do that to her hair awhile ago?

I hope those "housecleaners" get their license revoked or something. That is very uncool to profit/capitalize off cleaning a celeb's house like they did. Have they no morals or respect?!

Posted by: Californian11 | July 17, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

I have no funnies for today, but thank you, Chief Celebritologist, for the Sherlock Holmes trailer. Oh, that makes my day better. (Although am I the only one who would enjoy the trailers for that film better if they were more thinky and less explody? I can't be the only one.)

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | July 17, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

"In other news, Beyonce was spotted in a MiG with Anthony Edwards."

---

The bad guys flew MiGs in "Top Gun," the good guys flew F-14 Tomcats...you Communist.

Posted by: VTDuffman | July 17, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

The Spears and Palin teenage mothers: separated at birth?

Posted by: Californian11 | July 17, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Angelina Jolie named "ultimate lesbian heroine" -- not that there's anything wrong with that.

Wow, Gerard, way to stay classy. A simple "the lady and I aren't romantically involved" would have sufficed. If I were Jennifer Aniston, the temptation to knock you upside your stupid little head would be overpowering.

Posted by: 7900rmc | July 17, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Ashton's eardrum was probably ruptured from having to listen to Katherine Heigl's opinions.

If I were Bruce Jenner, I'd make Kim Kardashian shave her rear end and teach her to walk backwards.

The stink-eye was directed not at the no eyebrow look, but rather at the condition of Kate Jackson's house.

First there was Heath Ledger's posthumous Oscar. Then there was Farrah Fawcett's posthumous Emmy nomination. Upcoming: Michael Jackson's posthumous Grammy nomination. If only more celebrities -- I 'm not naming names -- would take this route to success.....

Congratulations to TD for weaving Frank McCourt and Michael Jackson into the same short story. I take it that in this short story, Michael Jackson is black Irish.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | July 17, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Did you know that "Ivanka" rhymes with "Big Skanque"?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | July 17, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

hodie - I kinda got distracted by that whole work thing for a little while. But yeah, I didn't mean toddlers never throw up, just that it's not a foregone conclusion like it was for my guy when he was an infant. I think Moby would have had to really shake that kid up to cause choking and vomiting. It still really doesn't make any sense the way he describes it.
We have the "spit happens" bib too - cause it does.

Posted by: VaLGaL | July 17, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

VTDuffman, thanks -- as soon as I hit "Post" I realized my Commie error. :)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 17, 2009 6:12 PM | Report abuse

***
no, a bad memory is returning. didn't linda mccartney have some sort of hair chop cut back in the days of 'band on the run'?

Posted by: frieda406 | July 17, 2009 6:27 PM | Report abuse

oh,oh, another bad memory returning. didn't linda mccartney have some wackadoodle haircut in the days of "band on the run"? methinks she did. something grim.

Posted by: frieda406 | July 17, 2009 6:31 PM | Report abuse

yegods. i posted twice somehow. and they're different. what happened? it's friday afternoon.
also want to give a shout out to golfer tom watson, who is a geezer like i, but unlike me, is tied for the lead at the british open.

Posted by: frieda406 | July 17, 2009 6:32 PM | Report abuse