Posted at 8:10 AM ET, 07/10/2009

Coroner Subpoenas Jackson's Medical Records

By Liz Kelly

The Kardashian sisters -- Khloe and Kim -- show their "O Faces" at an event in New York on Thursday. (AP)
Friday

Headlines: L.A. coroner subpoenas medical records from multiple Michael Jackson doctors... Nancy Pelosi nixes idea of a Jackson House resolution... Julianne Moore backs out of playing Hillary Clinton... Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig team up for Broadway production... Mel Gibson to star in Jodie Foster-directed movie, "The Beaver"... Heidi Pratt launching new Web workout series... George Clooney to shoot film in Italian city devastated by earthquake... David Arquette to sleep in plexiglass box atop Madison Square Garden to raise money for charity... Jim Carrey to be a grandfather... Ben Affleck says Jennifer Lopez was bad for his career... Natalie Portman to appear on upcoming "Top Chef" episode... Patricia Arquette calls off divorce from "Hung's" Thomas Jane... Paris Hilton appears in court in $8 million "Pledge This" lawsuit... Lil' Wayne sued for sleeping through scheduled appearance.

Video: Emma Watson explains "wardrobe malfunction."

Rumor Mill: Morgan Freeman planning to marry step-granddaughter?... Britney Spears collapses during rehearsal... Janet Jackson reportedly tried to stage an intervention for brother Michael... Dad pitching album of Ashlee Simpson singing Jackson covers... "Bruno" sparking trend in male grooming, short shorts?... Jay-Z close to book deal... Ex-girlfriend claims Simon Cowell was a "terrible cheat."

Good Read: CNN's John Zarella recounts how his Bubbles the chimp scoop went down.

By Liz Kelly  | July 10, 2009; 8:10 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Jackson Kids: What Now?
Next: Mary Louise Parker: Prude or Pin-up?

Comments

I have to say I wouldn't in a million years have expected to see Mel Gibson in Jodie Foster's Beaver.

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 10, 2009 8:19 AM | Report abuse

Byoolin, I'll add to that by saying any man in Jodie Foster's Beaver.

Posted by: RightWinger1 | July 10, 2009 8:31 AM | Report abuse

Patricia Arquette's two prerequisites for calling off divorce proceedings: Thomas Jane has to keep the prosthetic, and she gets to call him 'Dirk Diggler.'

Lil' Wayne's contract didn't say he had to be awake, did it? No? Case dismissed.

Granddaughter of 1st wife, raised by him & 2nd wife... man, Morgan Freeman's marriage plans are going to have the family genealogists working overtime.

"Dad pitching album of Ashlee Simpson singing Jackson covers." What a coincidence: everyone who hears it will be likely to pitch the damn thing too.

Ex-girlfriend claims Simon Cowell was a "terrible cheat." Cowell's response: "She was a terrible f***."

"CNN's John Zarella recounts how his Bubbles the chimp scoop went down." That sentence tells you everything you need to know about what's wrong with cable news.

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 10, 2009 8:45 AM | Report abuse

Why is that Britney Spears' and others' medical information in L.A. is being leaked from a sieve yet Michael Jackson's has to be subpoenaed?

Julianne Moore knows that Joan Allen should play Hillary Clinton. Because Joan Allen has already played every other female politician/long-suffering political spouse. Time to do Hillary.

I don't mean "do" Hillary, of course. I mean "portray" Hillary.

I'm so behind on my Patricia Arquette news. Last I heard she was married to Nicolas Cage. Was that before he married Lisa Marie? Before she married -- of all people! -- Michael Jackson? Before he married Debbie Rowe? It's all a blur.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 10, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

"Morgan Freeman planning to marry step-granddaughter?..."

Congratulations Woody Allen, you are no longer the grossest man ever.

Posted by: zn123 | July 10, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

I think the Michael Jackson death is a hoax. He's hiding somewhere and the family is turning this into a three-ring circus for the money. He has probably had more plastic surgery so nobody knows what he looks like and could be walking the streets right now. It's all a big hoax, people.

Posted by: Baltimore11 | July 10, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

When will we all actually get to see Jodie Foster's Beaver? Who else will be in it besides Mel Gibson?

Sorry...too easy.

Posted by: dbunkr | July 10, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

An ominous note from an AP article this AM:

...Joe Jackson told ABC that he and his wife, Katherine, should have custody of Michael's three children. "They'll grow up to be strong Jacksons," he said.

He said Michael's daughter, Paris, who spoke at the Tuesday memorial service, was taking the death hard and was crying whenever Michael's name is mentioned. He said that she might have a future in the entertainment business along with the youngest son, nicknamed Blanket, who "can really dance."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 10, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

ok guys, you have to admit it was a stroke of genius (no pun intended) for Jodi to give her film a title to lure male viewers. LOL, you guys are pervs. My first thought when I saw that headline was, who's gonna play Wally?

Posted by: hodie | July 10, 2009 9:42 AM | Report abuse

"Finally Pelosi gets it right. Enough of this nonsense about MJ being such an amazing humanitarian, etc. Many have done more and received less recognition."

Bra-vo! Can we put MJ behind us? Of course I don't mean literally, we all know how that played out.

Posted by: MzFitz | July 10, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Morgan Freeman planning to marry step-granddaughter? Even skeevier than: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_My_Own_Grandpa

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 10, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Jodie Foster ought to be way more media-savvy than to allow that title to be associated with her movie. But maybe it's a wildlife documentary.

In light of Morgan Freeman's alleged plans, I guess I hope Jim Carrey's new grandchild is a boy.

If you can be paid for sleeping, then any potential award in the Li'l Wayne suit should go to the David Arquette's charity, and he can skip the plexiglass atop MSG. This would also cut down the overkill on Arquettes in Celebritology.

If Ben Affleck wants to identify what is bad for his career, he should look in the mirror. In return, I am willing to look at JLo's butt in the mirror. Or otherwise.

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 10, 2009 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Ben Affleck, why are you blaming J-Lo for "Gigli"? Don't tell me you couldn't say no.

Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig are starring in a Broadway play about two Chicago policemen. With or without uniforms - heck, with out without any other redeeming qualities - every gay boy and straight woman in New York City is going to be lining up for tickets, even with the cheap seats clocking in at nearly $70 a pop. Recession, what recession?

David Arquette to sleep in a plexiglass box atop MSG for charity. Because pigeons, too, deserve quality roosts.

Papa Joe Simpson pitching an Ashlee album of Michael Jackson covers. Papa Joe Jackson, relax: Ashlee is the "talented" one (it's all relative, but still) - I'm sure you'll be able to make money off this.

Posted by: northgs | July 10, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Wow, Morgan Freeman, there are no words.

However, I have a few for Joe Simpson. If you can't have a Jackson of your own to exploit, use your own kids to get some Jackson action.

Posted by: epjd | July 10, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Mr. Garrison and Mr. Hat have already filed cease and desist orders against Jodie Foster.

Posted by: yellojkt | July 10, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

As have Daggett and Norbert. They are really angry.

I'm trying to take the high road here. Honest.

Posted by: yellojkt | July 10, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Mel and Jodie are teaming up again because Maverick was such a dam good movie.

Posted by: yellojkt | July 10, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

I herby submit an alternative caption for the picture above:;

"Khloe and Kim Kardashian react to the thought of ever having to actually work a day in their lives."

Posted by: VTDuffman | July 10, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Just had a terrible vision: Ashlee and Jessica Simpson dueting on "Say Say Say" and "The [Boy] Is Mine." (After which I'd be singing, "Scream" all by myself.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 10, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

The Simpsons have found a way to inject some humor into all the mourning over Michael Jackson. Very funny idea!

Posted by: kirstenpaulson | July 10, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

****
keep those 3 children away from joe jackson. they'll be turned into workhorses just like michael. in reading news accounts about the funeral, it galled me that barry gordy had the nerve to get up there and say MJ was like a son. yea, the son you make work like a mule when he was a child. and the dad is no different. these children will be ruined in no time. the one thing MJ appeared to have done well was protect those children from the public. now they're going to be foisted upon us, damaging them and us. grim.

Posted by: frieda406 | July 10, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Way to go Ben- blame J. Lo for that stiff as a board acting you've done. Seems like he can't stop complaining/talking about this broad. IMO- somebody misses somebody's booty...

Whew- Morgan Freeman is just CREEPY!!

I'm a huge Top Chef fan but am puzzled by the upcoming Natalie Portman appearance. She's a foodie? Judging by her super waifish look what will she have the chefs prepare for her? Air?

Posted by: plamar1031 | July 10, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

frieda, that was exactly my reaction too. I had the disquieting suspicion that allowing or pushing Paris to speak at that huge public memorial service televised worldwide (I would've had no problem with her saying something at the private family burial, however) was nothing less than testing the waters to see how the public would respond to her as a future entertainer. I'm guessing the children's Q rating is pretty high right now. The only consolation is that Joe Jackson is nearly 80, so perhaps won't have many more years left in which to exploit his descendants (yes, I realize that's politically incorrect, sosueme).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 10, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Just catching up on yesterday's blog... Sydney Simpson was arrested a few years ago for assaulting cops. For whoever was saying that OJ and Nicole's kids stayed out of trouble. http://www.justnews.com/news/9299370/detail.html

Posted by: highlander12 | July 10, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if Morgan Freeman would have been given the Kennedy Center entertainer honor last year if he had married his granddaughter the year before. Methinks not! Double Yuck!

Posted by: cjbriggs | July 10, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Jody not only directs, but plays Mel's wife. He's a depressed man with a beaver puppet. If it's a hand puppet, he'll have the opportunity to be in her beaver three ways, perhaps simultaneously. I guess "Octo-Mel" wasn't enough for him.

Posted by: kabuki3 | July 10, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

cjbriggs, wasn't there already a slight yuck factor owing to the auto accident he was in with a woman-not-his-wife?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 10, 2009 1:08 PM | Report abuse

The following just posted by our beloved Pookie on her online chat (and no, I'm NOT Yonkers, though I admire his or her question greatly):

Yonkers, NY: Was it me, or was the Paris Michael scene a little too much like "Sing out, Louise!"? I appreciate the heartbreak of this young child but Aunt Janet/Mama Rose telling her to speak up and the other Jackson aunt (Rebbie?) adjusting the microphone was a little too much Gypsy Rose Lee.

Lisa de Moraes: Man am I with you completely on this one. I do not think the child should have been put up on stage under any circumstances. It was heartbreaking, but for the wrong reason. Here's where I have to confess I was amused by Janet Jackson demure get-up -- kept thinking about her wardrobe malfunction. I know, it's wrong on so many levels...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 10, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Ben Affleck should consider that it might have been Gigli that ruined his career...

Posted by: JCR7 | July 10, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

I heart Nancy Pelosi.

I always had such respect for Jodie Foster. Note the past tense.

I don't know that I'll ever be able to watch one of my favorite movies, The Shawshank Redemption, again. Morgan Freeman, Ick Nast doesn't even begin to cover it ...

So Brit's still trying the skanky ho/stripper persona, huh? Again, Ick Nast doesn't even begin to cover it.

Was the divorce called off because he is hung? The link was blocked at work, so makes me wonder ...

Posted by: Californian11 | July 10, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

If that's Khloe's O face, she might want to examine her sex life. That face doesn't look like she's enjoying it.

Posted by: Californian11 | July 10, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse

"Gibson will play a depressed man who finds solace in wearing a beaver hand-puppet." For real? Makes that proposed big-screen "T.J. Hooker" look like Ibsen.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 10, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

The "finding solace" in a handpuppet schtick was already done in Sydney White.

Posted by: hodie | July 10, 2009 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Does John Hinckley, Jr, know that Mel Gibson is in Jodie Foster's Beaver?

And here I thought that the Kardashian sisters were auditioning to play opposite Thomas Jane's prosthesis on Hung.

But what does an idiot cryptid like me know, anyway?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | July 10, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

"... Lil' Wayne sued for sleeping through scheduled appearance."
- In other news, the Washington Metro System was reviewing his application to be a metrorail operator.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 10, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

I realize this isn't at all a funny story, but I spotted a CNN headline just now that reads "Eight children found in home with slain parents," and immediately wondered if J&K did like Steve McNair's girlfriend did to him. (Hanging head in SMAME)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 10, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, you have a sick mind.

Let me buy you a drink.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | July 10, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Sas, considering the source, I regard that as a great compliment indeed.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 10, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

"

An ominous note from an AP article this AM:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joe and Katherine are separated, he lives in Las Vegas;she in LA. Michael specifically left custody to his mother..or Diana Ross if his mother couldn't raise them.

He may have been bat-s crazy, but Michael didn't want those kids anywhere near his Dad. And who can blame him?

Posted by: onlytheshadowknows1 | July 10, 2009 5:50 PM | Report abuse

What do these Kardashians actually do? One is married to Bruce Jenner. Is that supposed to mean something? I frequently see their names but I have no clue as to what they actually do - other than breathe. I'm trying to figure out how they became famous.

Then again, I am puzzled by the fame of Kate and Jon something or other. Who TF are they?

Politicians are more interesting. Who needs reality TV shows when you can watch Sanford, Ensign, and Palin make total arses of themselves in prime time.

Posted by: itsagreatday1 | July 10, 2009 7:12 PM | Report abuse

Someone needs to tell Ben Affleck that the reason his career tanked is that he's a no talent hack. Trying to toss Jennifer Lopez under the bus is low, dude.

Posted by: onlytheshadowknows1 | July 10, 2009 9:11 PM | Report abuse

****
agreed, nosy. 100%. sorry i'm late in responding. vehicle went to shop yesterday. needed new tires. $750.00. additional work = $250.00. more work on monday = $700. had to recover in a dark room w/cool cloth on forehead.

Posted by: frieda406 | July 11, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse