Posted at 8:10 AM ET, 07/ 8/2009

Jackson Death Certificate Released; Lilo Accused of Stealing Spray Tan Formula

By Liz Kelly
Wednesday

Headlines: No cause of death listed on Michael Jackson's death certificate; Los Angeles mayor asks for donations to cover costs of hosting memorial... Lindsay Lohan sued for allegedly stealing spray tan formula... Justin Timberlake shopping golf book proposal... Katie Holmes launches dance scholarship foundation... Grad student invents "anti-paparazzi device" for celebs... "Real Housewives of New York City" picked up for third season; co-star Bethenny Frankel engaged... Willow Smith (daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith) to make TV acting debut... Keanu Reeves wants paternity claim dismissed.

Crime Watch: "Harry Potter" star Jamie Waylett charged with growing marijuana plants.

Pix: Michael Jackson memorial program... Jimmy Fallon overdresses for White House Independence Day gig... Britney Spears's new airbrushed Candies campaign.

Video: Paris Jackson's farewell to dad Michael.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan turned down "Hangover" role... Rep denies Sharon Stone air rage reports.

Well Said
"Michael Jackson, like Elvis, like Sinatra, when somebody who's captivated the imagination of the country for that long passes away, people pay attention. And I assume at some point people will start focusing again on things like nuclear weapons." -- President Obama, when asked about Jackson's death at a Russian press event.

By Liz Kelly  | July 8, 2009; 8:10 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Twittering the Michael Jackson Memorial
Next: Celebs Doing Things

Comments

First, may MJ's kids find peace. I did not watch the service but did see Paris speak at the "mournabration" which is more moving than anything else anyone will ever say.

Second, How can that Candies advertising campaign be aimed at 16yrs? Skeezy! One of the pictures shows an older man leering at the air brushed to mannequin Spears. Britney, piece of advice, you are a mom, try and look your age. You ain't got the Madonna look and never will.

Posted by: Ariabob | July 8, 2009 8:40 AM | Report abuse

Well, obviously the reason there's no COD on MJ's death certificate is because he faked hi own death, right? Where's the Weekly World News when you need it?

"Los Angeles mayor asks for donations to cover costs of hosting memorial..." Well, I can't top THAT.

Movie idea: "Lindsay Lohan, Industrial Spy."

Nice work if you can get it: a year after "D*ck In A Box" JT's still making money with his putter.

"Grad student invents "anti-paparazzi device" for celebs..." Is it really an invention, or just a Taser with a sticker on it that says "anti-paparazzi device"?

"Keanu Reeves wants paternity claim dismissed." I love that the youngest of his 4 alleged kids is TWENTY YEARS OLD and mom filed suit two months ago. The kids must have been a handful if she's only getting around to it now.

I'm sure that Jamie Waylett pot plants were intended only for use in spells and incantations.

"Lindsay Lohan turned down "Hangover" role..." Of course she did. She was busy stealing plans for her new bug spray.

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 8, 2009 8:47 AM | Report abuse

I owe y'all an apostrophe-s, as in:

I'm sure that Jamie Waylett's pot plants were intended only for use in spells and incantations.

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 8, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Bethany Frankel is referred to as "the inventor of the Skinny Girl Margarita" for actually making a margarita with the proper ingredients:
On the Rocks

What you’ll need:

* 2 oz of clear Tequila (100% agave, Patron Silver)
* (count 1, 2 while you pour, no need for measuring)
* A splash of fresh lime juice
* A splash of Cointreau, Grand Marnier or Triple Sec

Combine all ingredients over a glass of ice

Garnish with a lime wedge and salt (or sugar) if you’d like.

Makes one serving

MzFitz will be trade marking the "Lushy Girl Greyhound" by magically combing gin and fresh grapefruit juice. You may use vodka instead of gin if you like ;-)

Posted by: MzFitz | July 8, 2009 8:54 AM | Report abuse

First thought upon reading that an "anti-paparazzi device" had been invented: isn't the electric cattle prod already patented?

Thought upon reading the "anti-paparazzi device" article: oh, it's a flashlight.

Lindsay Lohan turned down "Hangover" role... because she doesn't do documentary work.

Britney Spears' new Candies campaign should be called "SweeTarts". Really, what young girl needs that much pink skeeviness in her wardrobe? And did they really want Paris Hilton to do the shoot, because that's who the photos remind me of; they barely look like Britney.

Posted by: northgs | July 8, 2009 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Hey ariabob. Good point. It's kind of funny that the Candies' Foundation is aimed at preventing teen pregnancy by using Bristol Palin and an abstinence only message. No mentions of safe sex, just some warped bullets about looking sexy without actually having sex.

Posted by: MzFitz | July 8, 2009 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Okay, all the celebs who came out and cried for MJ yesterday -- where were you when he was being taken advantage of by every PR, manager and lawyer that came along? Oh that's right, until Paris spoke the whole thing was about you, not MJ.

I'm sorry but a person who spends his entire life changing from black to white because he thought he was ugly when he was black, is not a role model for black men in this country.

Considering the things that have been said about the poisons in Lilo's spray tan, you might want to give her all the credit. So she gets all the lawsuits.

Posted by: epjd | July 8, 2009 9:13 AM | Report abuse

"Lindsay Lohan turned down "Hangover" role..."

How can LiLo call herself hardworking if she never works? I think while I am on vacation next week I'll go see Hangover, I think I'll enjoy it even more.

Posted by: zn123 | July 8, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Never would have guessed the formula for Oompa Loompa Orange would cause such a fuss. By the way, this is not to be confused with the product "Orangeglo" which is actually a cleaning product hocked by the late great Billy Mays.

Would bet that Michael's brain goes missing like Einstein's.

By the way, bodies are usually not released without a cause of death on the death certificate. Perhaps our state laws are different but we were never allowed to get away with "deferred" as a cause of death.

Posted by: hodie | July 8, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

No cause of death? So he's alive? Or is this one of those spontaneously-drop-dead incidents you hear so much about?

All I caught of the MJ service was hearing Al Sharpton (someone please explain who made him and Jesse Jackson the official spokesmen for all African Americans), seeing "We Are the World" (a bad song in 1985, never mind now) and then poor Paris' comments at the end. What a sweet kid. I feel for her.

Now that the service is over (by the way, I think it was a stunt casket and the real one was secured somewhere else), I have two questions.

1) While we now see MJ's moonwalk on the Motown 25 as "historic," am I the only one who remembers that he would only perform if he didn't HAVE to sing a Motown song? What a primadonna he was becoming. I mean really, while his performance was great, of course it stood out next to having to hear "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" or whatever for the 100th time. Just saying.

2) Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe the reason he went from black to white was so that he wouldn't be seen as a freak (I know, irony) because of his vitiligo? So much time has been spent on discussing how he hated being black. Somehow I think he just wanted one skin tone and then got carried away.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 8, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | July 8, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Depends on state law.

Posted by: jezebel3 | July 8, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

I spent the past week visiting a far distant corner of the former Soviet Union. I couldn't find an English-language newspaper or an internet cafe, but Michael Jackson memorials were everywhere.

Posted by: newengland1 | July 8, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

LiLo was just doing method acting research for Duplicity 2: Sunscreen Wars.

Posted by: yellojkt | July 8, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

I have always been skeptical of the vitiligo excuse. Has anyone ever seen a photo before he was completely whitened that shows patchy areas of depigmentation? I haven't.

Posted by: hodie | July 8, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

I'm no fan of Jimmy Fallon, but are we actually criticizing him for wearing a suit to the White House?

I don't care if he looked over dressed. Good for him for looking like he cared about respecting the office of POTUS.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | July 8, 2009 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Britney...You ain't got the Madonna look and never will.

Posted by: Ariabob | July 8, 2009 8:40 AM
=============
Did you see Madonna's latest campaign for Louis Vitton? I'd say she's got that overly Photoshopped and airbrushed look down pat.

If the Old Navy manniquins are the epitome of beauty, we're all doomed.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 8, 2009 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | July 8, 2009 9:13 AM
====================
I believe they were busy trying to keep Michael Jackson from buying the rights to their songs.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 8, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Paris Jackson's farewell to dad Michael.

That was the world's worst idea, outing and exploiting that poor child and her emotions (especially after MJ at least protected her identity with masks etc.).

hodie
I have always been skeptical of the vitiligo excuse.

It also doesn't explain the "crucified" nose, either.

Chasmo
Good for [Jimmy Fallon] for looking like he cared about respecting the office of POTUS.

Hear! Hear! (It's not as though he were dressed like the Uncle Sam on stilts).

Justin Timberlake shopping golf book proposal.

I'm not a fan of JT's, but by all accounts he's an excellent amateur golfer. I can think of a lot worse book ideas (by him or anyone else, for that matter).

Katie Holmes launches dance scholarship foundation.

What, pray tell, is the $cientolocult approach to dance? I'm sure they must have one. Presumably it involves not asking any questions.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 8, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

So I logged some time on YouTube and watched CNN's "Reader's Digest Condensed Version" of the Michael Jackson [post-mortem promotion] memorial.

1. Lionel Richie is not a gospel singer.

2. Who sabotaged John Mayer's amplifier?

3. "We Are the World" and "Heal the World" are the same song with different lyrics.

4. The voice-over during "Will You Be There" was creepy.

5. I thought Michael Jackson was the fastest spinner in street shoes...until I heard Al Sharpton.

6. Mariah Carey's rendition of "I'll Be There" reminded me that she really wastes her talent on crappy songs.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 8, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, I wondered about the wisdom of exposing the children's identities, too. PM II was clearly scared out of his wits. I thought he was going to dive under his Auntie LaToya's skirt. (Note: when LaToya Jackson is the less scary option, you're in a scary place.)

They are not entertainers. They should have been sitting in the audience with their grandma watching everyone perform and speak.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 8, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Gotta love those UK tabloids:

'Memorial like a macabre circus'

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 8, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Gotta love those UK tabloids:

'Memorial like a macabre circus'

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 8, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

I'll say. Did Magic Johnson really mention KFC 5 times? LOL !

Posted by: jezebel3 | July 8, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

I have to give props to Prez O. Just the most delicious hint of snark in his comment...

Posted by: LTL1 | July 8, 2009 11:45 AM | Report abuse

LTL

Comment of the Week nomination to LTL, for recognizing this. Way to go, dearie!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 8, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Thank you, President Obama. Well stated.

Yes, Mayor Villaraigosa, donations should come from fans and celebrities. Not cash-strapped regular people who didn't support this ridiculous sideshow, nor the state of California which has more important things to spend our money on.

Never thought I'd see the day LiLo has more self-respect than Megan Fox. After all, she didn't wash someone's Ferrari on camera to get a role.

Posted by: Californian11 | July 8, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Californian
...nor the state of California which has more important things to spend our money on.

Don't you mean more important things to write IOUs for?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 8, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Californian11 | July 8, 2009 12:34 PM
=================
You know, with all the brothers wearing the white, sequinned gloves, the least they could have done was get out and help the cops direct traffic.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 8, 2009 1:32 PM | Report abuse

mdreader

SPLOOT!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 8, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Does CNN now stand for The Celebrity News Network? At least the gym management muted the sound track last night.

To honor Michael Jackson, I dressed in tight pants, put a glove on my left hand, stood tall, and thrust the gloved hand in the air while grabbing my crotch with my other hand and screaming "Oooooo!" in falsetto.

I'm sure that's what brought tears to Brooke Shields' eyes....unless she took TomKat's advice and got off the SSRIs.

If only MJ had died on the toilet while dealing with a round of bad constipation, the parallel with Elvis would have been complete.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | July 8, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Oh that's right, Nosy, I forgot. We have no money in California ... ;-)

Posted by: Californian11 | July 8, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Why would LiLo wish to participate in "Hangover"? Wouldn't that require her to get sober?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | July 8, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Sas
If only MJ had died on the toilet while dealing with a round of bad constipation.

Az Liza Minelli predicted, it could be three weeks or more after MJ's death before we start to hear the details, and it could be shocking.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 8, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

As, not Az. Must.not.write.phonetically.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 8, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 8, 2009 3:22 PM |

-------------------------------------------
So we're waiting for the other glove to drop?

Let me guess:

MJ was David Carradine's girlfriend and partner in autoerotic asphyxiation.....

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | July 8, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Those Slytherins, always up to no good. I suspect Voldermort is behind this.

Posted by: 44west | July 8, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Sas
MJ was David Carradine's girlfriend and partner in autoerotic asphyxiation.

Ick. Nast.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 8, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

44west, I blame the Weasly twins.

Posted by: hodie | July 8, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

44west, I blame the Weasly twins.

Posted by: hodie | July 8, 2009 4:03 PM

Hodie, I hadn't thought of that! Perfect.

Posted by: 44west | July 8, 2009 5:47 PM | Report abuse

*****
there was no traffic. more wasted overtime if the brothers had gotten out there.

Posted by: frieda406 | July 9, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

and until they have a cause of death, which they don't (awaiting toxicology results), one does not have to be listed, at least not in arizona.

Posted by: frieda406 | July 9, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse