Posted at 8:15 AM ET, 07/27/2009

Jackson's Hair Turned into Diamonds

By Liz Kelly
Monday

Headlines: Michael Jackson's hair made into diamonds... Jennifer Lopez celebrates 40th birthday; rep says Lopez not replacing Paul Abdul on "American Idol"... Father of eight Jon Gosselin says he's single... Ex says Amy Winehouse almost died in his arms... Justin Timberlake opens Tennessee golf course... Octo-mom Nadya Suleman lands reality TV deal.

Pix: Lindsay Lohan's short shorts/high boots look... BFFs Jon Gosselin and Michael Lohan hit the Hamptons... Kate Hudson and A-Rod kiss at Yankee Stadium... Tara Reid in her natural habitat.

Rumor Mill: John Travolta to renounce Scientology?... Orlando Bloom opts out of next "Pirates" movie to spend time with girlfriend... Rihanna and Chris Brown check into (separate rooms at) same New York hotel... Farrah Fawcett leaves fortune to son Redmond... LeAnn Rimes and husband separate... Charles Manson contacts Phil Spector for help with singing career.

Say What?
"By the way, Hollywood needs to know. We eat, therefore we hunt." -- Sarah Palin, sticking it to the entertainment industry in her farewell address as Alaska governor.

In Case You Missed It: "Lost" Comic-Con 2009 Panel -- Part 1 | Part 2

-- More Comic-Con coverage from The Post's Michael Cavna

By Liz Kelly  | July 27, 2009; 8:15 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Paris Hilton's Doggy Style
Next: An Open Letter to Candy Spelling

Comments

Octo-mom? Isn't she six months, twenty-six days, eight hours and thirty-odd minutes past her expiration date? What is she going to call the show - "No Jon, No Kate, And Now It's Eight Months Too Late"?

Liz Kelly, methinks you should have titled that one link "Lindsay Lohan's three miles of bad road look..."

Sure, a Harvard professor gets arrested going into his own house, but Jon Gosselin and Michael Lohan can wander around the Hamptons...

"Kate Hudson and A-Rod kiss at Yankee Stadium..." And so begins another night when he hits for the cycle.

"By the way, Hollywood needs to know. We eat, therefore we hunt. Unless we quit and go home early, in which case we'll just stop at the McD's and have a burger. You betcha." -- Sarah Palin, in the unlikely event she'd ever tell it like it really is.

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 27, 2009 8:41 AM | Report abuse

"Farrah Fawcett leaves fortune to son Redmond"

The messed-up junkie?

Posted by: jezebel3 | July 27, 2009 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Hey Sarah...i think you meant "I don't read, therefore I'm ignorant.."

Posted by: middleofroad | July 27, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Michael's hair turned into diamonds? Will Liz Taylor's hair be turned into White Diamonds? Prince's hair into Diamonds and Pearls? I have this weird vision of Ronnie Mervis of Mervis Diamond Importers exploring a South African cave and discovering Michael Jackon's hair.

So JLo is at first delighted at the surprise, then annoyed that some of her guests were late? What a diva. She's had so many birthday parties that Naomi Judd's looking to her for pointers on the length of her next farewell tour.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 27, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Liz
rep says Lopez not replacing Paul Abdul on "American Idol."

Queen Liz, is there something you've heard that the Lizards haven't? Maybe Abdul's considering leaving in order to go gender-reassignment surgery, or something?

John Travolta to renounce Scientology?

A child's death is said to cause the most anguishing grief there is. Maybe the e-meters and auditing, combined with their absolute stance against anti-depressant meds (even when reasonably indicated), are causing Travolta to question the cult's validity. One can only wish that he (and Kelly and Ella) safely escape their grubby clutches and build new lives in the world of reason.

The article adds, however, that "there are dark mutterings that if he carries out private threats to leave, the organisation will go public with embarrassing details of his private life, including, it is claimed, allegations of past homosexual relationships." Nothing like a threat of blackmail to keep sheep in the fold, huh?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 27, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Erratum: in order to undergo...

More caffeine, please!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 27, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Obviously Palin hasn't met our vegetarian Queen Liz.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 27, 2009 9:38 AM | Report abuse

MJ Diamonds. No thanks. I'm holding out for the limited edition Groucho glasses when that prosthetic nose turns up.

Octomom....she's baaaa'ack!

I am now convinced Kate Hudson is the stupidest girl on the planet.

I do hope John Travolta leaves the Scientology cult. That may be just what he needs to heal. I'm betting he has more on them than they have on him. Seems like it was eons ago that Jett died but for John I'm sure it hurts like it was yesterday. He still has my sympathy.

"By the way, Hollywood needs to know. We eat, therefore we hunt." -- Sarah Palin. I thought this was a quote from the Twilight series.

Posted by: hodie | July 27, 2009 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Charles Manson contacts Phil Spector for help with singing career.
-I bet that album makes a killing.

I'd opt out of the next 'Pirates' movie if it meant I could spend more time with Miranda Kerr.

I didn't even need to click on the link to know that Tara Reid's natural habitat involved being barely clothes and partying.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | July 27, 2009 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Lindsay Lohan, I didn't know truckstops had balconies.

I'm with Hodie on John Travolta having better ammo in any mud fight with the $cientolocult.

Jon Gosselin and Michael Lohan hit the Hamptons. Meanwhile, the Hamptons longs for the bygone days of Tara Reid and Nicole Ritchie, when only the classiest individuals were granted access to the town's exclusive environs.

Posted by: northgs | July 27, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

"Lopez not replacing Paul Abdul"?

So THAT's why s/he's not coming back to the show!

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | July 27, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Oh dear, look at the names in the "pix" section above. LiLo, JonGo and MikeLo, KateHo(c'mon, she's a ho!) and A-Ro, and Tara "there's no o" Reid - that's a whole lot of "ewwwww".

Posted by: jaybbub | July 27, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Father of eight Jon Gosselin says he's single.

Uh, Jon-horndog, you're not single till the divorce is final. Till then your behavior can have a potentially adverse impact on your child custody arrangements. Unless, of course, that's what you're hoping for...

Octo-mom Nadya Suleman lands reality TV deal.

I agree with hodie and northgs that John Travolta probably has a lot more dirt on the $cientolocult than they could possibly have on him. The article claims the cult is trying to convince him and Kelly that son Jett's death may have been due to their not having been adherent enough to cult teachings. Yeah, that's a real great way to keep allies.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 27, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

- Sarah Palin, you need to know. You say stupid things, therefore we snark.

"John Travolta to renounce Scientology?"

- That would be nice. "Rumors of homosexuality?" Hey, that sort of thing didn't make a dent on David Bowie's career.

"Michael Jackson's hair turned into diamonds"

- In death, Michael Jackson has that final opportunity to be multifaceted.

- Just don't hold them to close to an open flame.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 27, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

I see young Will Turner has discovered one of the choicer benefits of a life at sea -- he can have a girl in every port. Although I wouldn't want to deal with Elizabeth Swan when she finds out.

I realize the Palin quote is out of context, but what does Hollywood have to do with hunting? Or eating, for that matter.

Posted by: 44west | July 27, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Marc Anthony on J Lo's 40th birthday:

She's all, like nervous about turning forty so I, like through a party for her. But some of the guests showed up, like, all late and stuff and seeing all those empty chairs at the beginning made her all, like weepy. It like totally messed up her makeup. But it was nothing like when I first met her and like I told her, "You are my wife and you don't know it yet." That like totally freaked her out and she thought I was some sort of stalker. But now, we're married and stuff and just last night, Jennifer was putting our son to be and went, "I love you." And he went, "I love you too." And like, she's my girl now.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 27, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Tara needs two more surgeries - one to give her hips and another to give her a butt - or maybe she should start to eat again.

Posted by: kvs09 | July 27, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Former (yippeee!) Gov. Palin.

There's hunting, and then there's slaughtering animals with automatic weapons from a helicopter. You eat wolves in Alaska?

Posted by: memphis1 | July 27, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: memphis1 | July 27, 2009 11:34 AM
===========
No, but they turn bears into furniture.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 27, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

"Orlando Bloom opts out of next "Pirates" movie to spend time with girlfriend..."

Having finally getting around to watching the 3rd installment of the "Pirates" movies, I'm guessing he should have made this decision after the 2nd one.

Posted by: zn123 | July 27, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

John Travolta--leave the cult if you want to. Despite any rumors or mudslinging, people will still watch your movies. Time to get out.

Posted by: jelo97 | July 27, 2009 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Damn, and I thought tetradacamom had finally slipped off into well-deserved oblivion.

That Orlando Bloom piece is in rumor mill. I'd say it's just as likely a plant by his managers to get the studio to cough up more $$ by way of begging him to return to the series. Even with Captain Jack, I don't think another Pirates movie works without the straight man (so to speak). Having said that, zn123 makes an excellent point.

How is it that most actresses her age manage to keep their dating habit off the radar but Kate Hudson makes a spectacle of herself. She's beginning to rival notorious stank Jude Law. (And Bradley Cooper seems to be trying for Jude's title.)

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | July 27, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat

As I snarked earlier today, What if they aired a reality series and nobody tuned in? Would it have been seen? We wield the power!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 27, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

At least OctoMom won't wind up divorced during her reality series.

Did MJ even have enough hair left to compress into diamonds?

Posted by: epjd | July 27, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Did MJ even have enough hair left to compress into diamonds?

Posted by: epjd | July 27, 2009 12:52 PM

*******************************************

I didn't even know you could make diamonds out of synthetic fibers.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | July 27, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus
I didn't even know you could make diamonds out of synthetic fibers.

Maybe there was still sufficient residual carbon in his hair from the Pepsi ad fire.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 27, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

I keep hoping CCV/Octomom, Kate Hudson and Sarah Palin will just go away, then I remember with a snicker that Sarah Palin is the best thing to happen to Democrats in ages. Keep talking, Sarah, you help us every time you open your mouth. Sorta like Dick Cheney. Heh.

Posted by: Californian11 | July 27, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

(I still can't keep up with the brilliant minds here)

If you scroll down the Tara Reid article, you might wish that she would refer her good friend Cavalli to the surgeon that corrected her messed up boobies and lipo job. (yikes!!) perhaps Donatella Versace (Muppet Janice) should make an appointment also.

and,
Sarah Palin made as much sense during her "farewell" speech as she did when she announced her resignation. (Someone needs to adjust her meds. She starts sounding like a pschotic political cheerleader after a while.)

From the Specter story:
Manson's incarceration is linked to his failure to make it as a musician back in the 1960s. After Doris Day's record producer son Terry Melcher rejected him, Manson sent members of his cult to kill Melcher - who had recently sold his house to director Roman Polanski and his wife Tate. Instead of Melcher, pregnant Tate and four others were brutally murdered."

Phil better do his best to launch that career from the big house.

Posted by: anonymouslurker | July 27, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

AND one other thing:

If there was ANYONE crying out as needing REAL psychotherapy to get through a rough patch, it's John Travolta. If he doesn't get real help soon, another preventable tragedy will befall that family. (bad stuff happens, and sometimes people need real help to get through it - not some "what do YOU think YOU could have done to prevent this" guilt-slinging that that money-sucking cult will give him.)

(I'm stepping off the soapbox, and returning to my lurking spot.)

Posted by: anonymouslurker | July 27, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

anonymouslurker, you are so right re John Travolta's need for orthodox psychotherapeutic help. The death of a child is hard enough under the best of circumstances (whatever those might be), but I can't imagine the added agony of being told by one's religion that one was at fault for not being even more dogmatic than the Travoltas already are.

Re Sarah Palin, I wonder if she's hoping to land a radio gig à la Mike Huckabee (who, with his background as a preacher, is qualified to be a professional talker, regardless of what one might think of his views).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 27, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

anonymouslurker, "Donatella Versace (Muppet Janice)" is brilliant and should immediately become her official four-word name.

I just cannot wrap my head around "Charles Manson" and "singing career." Gives me absolutely horrific visions of remakes of "Helter Skelter" and "We Are Family."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 27, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

"BFFs Jon Gosselin and Michael Lohan hit the Hamptons"

... there goes the neighborhood ...

Posted by: Californian11 | July 27, 2009 3:32 PM | Report abuse

I totally second the nomination of "Donatella Versace(Muppet Janice)" as her legal Lizard Island name. Bravo, annonymouslurker, bravo. I will never again think of one without the other (not that I frequently ponder either, mind you).

Posted by: hodie | July 27, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

AND one other thing:

Posted by: anonymouslurker | July 27, 2009 2:46 PM
============
I wouldn't be so hard on the Travoltas. They had Jett on medication for a while and he responded poorly to it. There is no guarantee he would have done better on something else.

What I think may be turning John is Scientology's mile-wide, inch deep approach to everything. It's all a matter of becoming clear and all is well. That only works when all is well. Travolta is probably their highest profile celebrity with a problem that couldn't be solved with the little tin cans.

As for whatever "hold" they might have on him, he should completely call their bluff. (1) Who would believe them? (2) Wouldn't the information have gotten out by now? (3) What if the accusations involve other Scientologists (ooo...it could get real ugly) and (4) it's 2009 for goodness sakes. A revelation like that makes someone more interesting and intriguing.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 27, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Whoa. Lurker, apparently Nosy Parker has better reading comprehension than I. We're all in agreement.

Celebritologies in sweet harmony.
===============

Posted by: jaybbub | July 27, 2009 10:07 AM

--Sleeze-O

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 27, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

"BFFs Jon Gosselin and Michael Lohan hit the Hamptons"

Who are they? Gosselin referred to his career - what IS his career? He's ugly - butt ugly. The other clown - he's some wacko's father but I'm not understanding why he thinks he famous.

Posted by: itsagreatday1 | July 27, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

mdreader, I'm with you re Travolta calling their bluff. Even if it's true and they can't sue them for slander or libel, doesn't it just make them look ridiculously pouty, petty and vindictive? I think no matter what the "revelations" the public would revile the cult even more for kicking a grieving family when they're down.

And itsagreatday makes a good point--why does anyone anywhere think anything Michael Lohan does is newsworthy? (Not Liz' fault, she didn't report it, just linked to it). Gosselin's 15 minutes were up the moment he abandoned his family which means he's no longer part of the title of the show which was the only reason anyone knew or remotely cared who he was. Not that I blame him for leaving the harpie, but she didn't FORCE him to father all those kids and appear in a reality show. He's officially a non-entity, former father of tv-exploited brood, ho-hum.
And BFFs? How disgustingly appropriate. I guess Michael is giving Jon his updated papa-Joe-Jackson how-to-make-bank-off-your kids lectures. Oh wait...he's already done that.

Excuse me while I gag. Shots at the tiki bar needed asap.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | July 27, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat, sounds like you're gonna need something with Pepto in it.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 27, 2009 5:59 PM | Report abuse