Posted at 7:53 AM ET, 07/24/2009

Jolie Visits Iraq; Jackson Doctor at Center of Police Probe

By Liz Kelly
Friday

Headlines: Angelina Jolie visits displaced Iraqi families... Nas ordered to pay $40K a month in child support to Kelis... Daniel Radcliffe "grew up around gay people entirely"... Tabloid reporter resigns citing "relationship" with Jon Gosselin; couple staying with Michael Lohan... Russian teen tattoos Britney Spears's face on her chest... Carol Channing flattered by Johnny Depp's offer to play her in biopic (Imagine Depp in this)... Beach writher Heidi (Montag) Pratt to perform at Miss Universe pageant... Kendra Wilkinson penning memoir.

Crime Watch: Michael Jackson's personal doctor named target of police investigation... Amy Winehouse acquitted of striking fan.

Pix: M.I.A.'s son rocks mini-version of mom's Grammy dress... Rihanna's gravity-defying pompadour... Digitally-aged celebrities.

Video: Ousted Miss California Carrie Prejean butchers Bing Crosby song at racetrack opening day...

More: Katie Holmes's "So You Think You Can Dance" performance... Gwyneth Paltrow cooks up chicken dinner in really cool shirt... Britney Spears cooks up cheese in new Candie's commercial.

Rumor Mill: Nick Lachey parties with gaggle of girls... Tom Cruise (sans Katie) parties with David and Victoria Beckham... Michael Jackson longed to play Peter Pan.

Not News: Erstwhile tabloid reporter Kate Major just using Jon Gosselin, says pal.

Say What?
"In a way it's good, but I also don't want people thinking of me as this blond heiress... airhead." -- Blond heiress and airhead Paris Hilton

(Updated 9:12 a.m. ET)

By Liz Kelly  | July 24, 2009; 7:53 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Brad Pitt: Lost in Translation?
Next: Paris Hilton's Doggy Style

Comments

"Kendra Wilkinson penning memoir."

I think you mean she's crayoning a memoir. Likely with a 5 year old as her ghost writer to help her spell the really tough words.

Posted by: MStreet1 | July 24, 2009 8:46 AM | Report abuse

I couldn't force myself to watch the Carrie Prejean video. I'd rather watch Carol Channing sing with muppets on YouTube all day.

And Liz? I hope your Gwyneth's-cool-shirt comment was meant as snark. She's wearing a shapeless mass of overpriced gray jersey fabric. When you wear battleship gray, you look like a battleship.

Posted by: jelo97 | July 24, 2009 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Hey Jon - meet the new Kate, same as the old Kate....

Posted by: GroovisMaximus61 | July 24, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Daniel Radcliffe "grew up around gay people entirely"... and now he's a liberal and an actor. Somewhere, Michael Savage and Ann Coulter are sharing a post-coital breakfast and exulting, "See? See!"

"Russian teen tattoos Britney Spears's face on her chest..." Just as long as it wasn't something stupid...

"Beach writher Heidi (Montag) Pratt to perform at Miss Universe pageant..." That ought to provide some sort of karmic balance to the talent competition.

"Ousted Miss California Carrie Prejean butchers Bing Crosby song at racetrack opening day..." Too bad der Bingle wasn't still around to beat her back into tune...

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 24, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

First thought upon viewing Gwynnie's gray shirt: "Is she pregnant?" Upon closer inspection, no, but bad shirt + bad video = rumor mill.

Paris, that ship has sailed.

If she allows herself to age naturally, Katie Holmes will make a cute little old lady. Avril Lavigne, not so much.

Posted by: northgs | July 24, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

"Gwyneth Paltrow cooks up chicken dinner in really cool shirt"

The video is blocked on my PC ... Son of a ! ! ! !

I don't have a convection oven, cooking shears, meat thermometer, nor my own butcher, so it's a sam'ich for me tonight.

Posted by: jezebel3 | July 24, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

I hate to admit it, but the GOOP video was good! I can't wait to try Gwynie's recipe.

Posted by: nac1975 | July 24, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: nac1975 | July 24, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Son of a ! ! ! !

Posted by: jezebel3 | July 24, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Somewhere, Michael Savage and Ann Coulter are sharing a post-coital breakfast and exulting, "See? See!"-byoolin

*******************************************

See now that's one of those images I didn't need in my head.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | July 24, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Ann Coulter and "post-coital" can't go together considering she uses an extended proboscis to inject fertilized eggs into rotten logs for procreation.

Posted by: jelo97 | July 24, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse

I told my wife last night that Katie Holmes was performing on "So You Think You Can Dance" and her reply was, "Performing? What can she do?" And I'd forgotten. Sadly, that video link is "currently unavailable." So? How bad was she?

As bad as, say, Carrie Prejean? Wow. It was like watching Eunice on the old Carol Burnett Show. But bad in a bad way, not bad in a good way.

Wee Tom parties with the Beckhams. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 24, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Katie Holmes' performance on So You Think You Can Dance was embarrassingly awful. It was a vanity project made possible only by her vast resources. She had no talent, no personality and looked terrified throughout. She was lipsyncing badly to her own mediocre backing track. What's worse, this was featured as "the performance of a lifetime" on a show with very capable dancers.
Clearly she has no more awareness of her own talents and limitations than her husband.

Posted by: Roxie1 | July 24, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Roxie
It was a vanity project made possible only by her vast resources.

I'm guessing it was ordered by the goons at $cientolocult.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 24, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Is Angelina shopping for baby number 7?

You gotta be kiddin' me! A Brittney tattoo on a Russian girls chest?? Can't see it. Was it the bald Brittney?

Keep going on the digitally aged photos and you will see fat Olsen twins. They looked sooo much better!

Paris, you are a little late.

Posted by: hodie | July 24, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Nosy -
She gave a bunch of money to a new foundation "Dizzyfeet" which aims to support more opportunities for children to dance. I support that effort. The co-founders are producers of SYTCD so that's why they agreed.

I imagine she's trying to launch herself as a song and dance girl. It was a classic broadway style number and all I kept thinking throughout was that I'd much rather watch Catherine Zeta Jones do it. Now that's talent.

I wonder if Nicole Kidman's seen the performance yet. Nicole is slightly more talented than Katie but did a much better job choosing an outlet for her own singing and dancing debut. Baz Luhrman is an incredible director and built a fascinating world around her, so that her singing and dancing weren't the focus. Plus, Nicole can act. So there's that.

Posted by: Roxie1 | July 24, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

*******************************************

See now that's one of those images I didn't need in my head.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | July 24, 2009 10:10 AM

Posted by: jelo97 | July 24, 2009 10:22 AM

-------------

I thought Ann Coulter's post-coital breakfast was her partner.

Posted by: northgs | July 24, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

northgs
I thought Ann Coulter's post-coital breakfast was her partner.

SPLOOT!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 24, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Happy 88th birthday to legendary jazz pianist and educator Dr. Billy Taylor, who's celebrating by playing a gig tonight!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 24, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

re: Katie Holmes's "dancing" - is it just me, or did she really just walk around a lot and pose? Not so much with the dancing, from what I could see.

Also, I can't get sound on my computer at work, so that made the whole thing even more hilarious.

Posted by: jaybbub | July 24, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Ikhyd and his mom are singing "No one on the corner got a onesie like us..."

But they're drowned out by Carrie Prejean singing

Where the turf meets the surf
down at old Del Mar.
But gay couples
should go there
in separate cars.

Don't get down on bended knee
to ask your beau, "Please marry me?"
where the turf meets the surf
at Del Mar.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 24, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

I am in awe of the incredible Ann Coulter snark this morning. She really is one bat-sh!t crazy individual.

And let's send it out to The Swayze this morning. Love you, Patrick! We are holding you in our prayers and in our thoughts.

Posted by: jaybbub | July 24, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Henceforth, Irina Savina can prevent boys from getting to second base by yelling "Leave Britney alone!"

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 24, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Northgs stole my line....Really I was just about to write that, really I was.

re SYTYCD:
Maybe I just don't understand dancing, but Katie Holmes isn't dancing in that number. She's walking around the stage in hot pants while everybody else dances. She doesn't even get winded. And either the sound on the video is off or her lip-syncing is terrible.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I'd kill for those legs.

Posted by: memphis1 | July 24, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

You are all correct, Katie Holmes did not dance in her SYTYCD appearance. The lip syncing did seem to be off as well. Hopefully the producers and choreographer haven't set their foundation back too much with this stunt.

Posted by: jes11 | July 24, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

I thought Ann Coulter's post-coital breakfast was her partner.

Posted by: northgs | July 24, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Comment of the week for sure!

Posted by: jes11 | July 24, 2009 11:16 AM | Report abuse

dang. jaybub stole my line, too. my timing is seriously off today.

Posted by: memphis1 | July 24, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Why did the Russian girl get a Britney Spears tattoo on her chest? You never know when you'll need a spare boob.

Amy Winehouse acquitted of striking fan. Court determines that this is one time that the feces did NOT hit the fan.

Okay, Paris, I won't think of you as an airhead. I'll think of you as bottle of Summers Eve.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | July 24, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Liz
Digitally-aged celebrities.

I'd have loved to have seen one of Cher if she hadn't had any cosmetic surgery. The ones of celebrity victims of domestic abuse are sobering, however.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 24, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Considering Gwynnie's recipe, I suppose you could call her attire chicken shirt.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | July 24, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Kendra Wilkinson wore a WHITE gown at her wedding? How many bottles of Clorox were required?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | July 24, 2009 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Re: Katie Holmes on SYTYCD

She didn't really dance and it was obvious that she was lip-synching to the song. Plus, it was taped and not done live unlike all the othe performances on the show.

Posted by: LittleRed1 | July 24, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Notice that the digitally aged celebrity pictures did NOT include Keith Richards. You can't age a man who's already embalmed.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | July 24, 2009 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Poor Cat Deely must have felt really awkward consistently having to refer to Katie Holmes' performance as "the most exciting thing that's ever happened on this show" and such. Seriously: not dancing, not singing. Blech.

Each any every one of the dancers on that show has far more talent than Mrs. Wee Tom

Posted by: ASinMoCo | July 24, 2009 12:00 PM | Report abuse

That "Love Boat" clip made my day!! Giant hearts for Ethel Merman....

Posted by: undercover_hon | July 24, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

ASinMoCo

Shhhh! The sycophants at $cientolocult are required to tell Katie regularly that she's talented, so if she finds out it's untrue, Wee Tom will wreak Thetan revenge on the universe.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 24, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Just when I thought the Miss Universe pageant could not get anymore vapid.

Daniel Radcliffe grew up entirely around gay people? I didn't know his parents were gay.

I think we all have the same thought about Paris. And Katie.

Posted by: epjd | July 24, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

ep, I had the same thought when I saw that Radcliff quote--his mom and dad must be delighted to read that.

Hubby and I really like SYTYCD and I agree poor Deely had to talk about that pathetic walk through as if it were some great performance. Just ugh. Especially as there have been some mind-blowingly good numbers this season (I think four emmy noms, although they didn't pick our favorites).

Coulter as preying (sic) mantis, priceless snark.

Paris as airhead. And in other news, the Olsens need to eat, Lohan is a trainwreck and the Gosselins are overexposed.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | July 24, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Using Jon Gosselin for what exactly?

$40K a month? What exactly does that baby eat?

Posted by: Californian11 | July 24, 2009 1:50 PM | Report abuse

I think the cybershoops are blocking celebritology, b/c I couldn't get an update til after 1.

td, I thought the same thing when I read re Wee Tom and Becks. Posh might want to start going out with Leann Rimes. Or Katie.

Can't decide if this is a Jon Daily Double or Trifecta, but I'm betting being "used" by Kate Major is just what he had in mind.

I'm thinking about getting Brit's face tattooed on a part of my anatomy that is not my chest.

The words "Britney Spears" and "cooks up cheese" just don't go together. Except for the cheese part.

Never thought I'd read about Ann Coulter's post-coital behavior in this chat. Maybe I'll check out Dr. Ruth and see what she has to say about Gwynnie.

Airhead Paris is a good name for a rock band.

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 24, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

That aged photo of Jude Law sorta looks like Jude now!

Hey Liz, any truth to the rumour I heard on one of the news stations last nite that Kate Gosselein was shopping around Rockville for condos?

Posted by: wadejg | July 24, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

SYTYCD Emmy noms were from last season (the Duffy/Door dance being my favorite)

I think that her performance was not that good, although it was fun to see Mark and Joshua up there from last season.

Posted by: mcleve | July 24, 2009 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 24, 2009 2:01 PM

Probably something interesting about ice cubes that *nobody's* little German grandma should know.

Posted by: northgs | July 24, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

The original version of Come On Get Happy by Judy Garland.

In a teeny tiny defense of Katie, Garland didn't really dance much in the original either but it was still a billion times better than Katie's version. You will also notice that Garland looked very under dressed yet showed zero skin while Katie, well, her performance & her outfit speaks loudly for itself & it screams "HELP I'M BEING HELD HOSTAGE AS A BABY FACTORY FOR A TROLL $CIENTOLOGIST!!"

This version, by Rufus Wainwright, is also a billion times better:

Posted by: wadejg | July 24, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Not a blond heiress airhead? Is she really just a hotel in France? One that a lot of guys have been in?

Posted by: kabuki3 | July 24, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

wadejg
"HELP I'M BEING HELD HOSTAGE AS A BABY FACTORY FOR A TROLL $CIENTOLOGIST!!"

sploot!