Posted at 8:25 AM ET, 07/22/2009

Kiefer Sutherland Head-Butt Case Thrown Out; More Trouble for Lilo/SamRo?

By Liz Kelly
Wednesday

Headlines: Eddie Cibrian's wife leaves, citing LeAnn Rimes alleged affair... Seth Rogen calls "Entourage" creator a "moron"... Marc Anthony buys minority stake in Miami Dolphins... Rihanna and Jay-Z party in London... Mischa Barton planning return to work, says publicist... Kelis gives birth to baby boy... "Lost" props headed for auction block... Bam Margera says booze, not drugs, landed him in the ER... Claiming he owes #2.3 million, Stephen Baldwin files for bankruptcy.

Crime Watch: Kiefer Sutherland's assault charge dropped... Dane Cook's brother arraigned on new embezzlement charges... "Harry Potter's" Jamie Waylett gets community service for pot possession.

Pix: Jake Gyllenhaal and Ben Kingsley in "Prince of Persia"... Emma Thompson at son's (former Rwandan refugee Tindyebwa Agaba) college graduation... Lady GaGa's Kermit pelt coat... Snoop Dogg as Napoleon? Celebs reimagined as famous portraits.

Video: Kevin Spacey tutors David Letterman in Twitter...

More: Will Arnett reads Judy Blume.

Rumor Mill: Samantha Ronson throws Lindsay Lohan's clothes in the street... Networks reschedule President Obama press conference around Susan Boyle appearance... Family-requested Michael Jackson autopsy nets same results: needle marks and propofol... Jamie-Lynn Sigler joining "Ugly Betty" cast... Alleged Michael Jackson "love child" sat in front row at memorial... Jude Law, Leonardo DiCaprio vying for Cameron Diaz's affection?... Billy Joel dating former soap star?

Not News: Jennifer Love Hewitt and Jamie Kennedy not engaged, says rep.

Say What?
"He's a great cook. He cooks roasted veggies with special seasoning and sauces, and he grills pineapple with a butter concoction." -- 22-year-old Hailey Glassman describes her dreamy boyfriend, father of eight Jon Gosselin

"Our first day back was Wednesday and it was -- I'm going to keep saying this because I hope it embarrasses them -- a 17-hour day, which I think is cruel and mean." -- Katherine Heigl, again trying her best to nip her career in the bud, on her first day back on the "Grey's Anatomy" set.

By Liz Kelly  | July 22, 2009; 8:25 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Chris Brown's Apology -- Are You Buying It?
Next: Child Actors: The 'Mini Working Class'

Comments

I hope that Katherine Heigel gets fired. She makes how much and complains about her hours? My dad worked those hours while I was growing up and it wasn't sitting around a set getting hair and makeup done. It was working his bootie off to provide for the family.

Posted by: Mama1 | July 22, 2009 8:50 AM | Report abuse

If Lady Gaga made a Miss Piggy suit, she could about her porker face.

Posted by: GroovisMaximus61 | July 22, 2009 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Why oh why did not they not kill off Izzie when they got the chance? Someone with that attitude is just a cancer in a workplace - whether it be an office or studio set.

Posted by: danilynn17 | July 22, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse

she could "sing" about her porker face, dammit

Posted by: GroovisMaximus61 | July 22, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Hey - that Hailey Glassman quote didn't include the part where she raves about Jon's skill with fish stix and applesauce.

Posted by: GroovisMaximus61 | July 22, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Let's see...there's Seth Rogan who makes movies that generally appeal to 12-year old boys. And then there's 'Entourage' a smart, funny, wry comedy about Hollywood, but also about freindship and loyalty.

Who's the moron here?

Posted by: thinman1 | July 22, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Katherine Heigl has this special ability to get people who have never watched anything she's ever been in to hate her vehemently.

Posted by: zn123 | July 22, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

I am glad there is a warm and comforting place where I can share my Katherine Heigl hatred. She really just needs to shut up and suck it up.

Thank you, venting complete.

Posted by: allieb_seattle | July 22, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

I can't decide which I like best: the coat of many Kermits or the Animal Bubble skirt.

I would shed tears of joy if I could work 17 hour days and make the money that Katherine Heigl earns for her crap show. That awful hag doesn't know a good thing staring right in the face.

Posted by: jelo97 | July 22, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Kelis gives birth to baby boy...
- She was right about that milkshake.

Claiming he owes #2.3 million, Stephen Baldwin files for bankruptcy.
- I wonder how the Baldwin # compares to the American $.

"He grills pineapple with a butter concoction." -- 22-year-old Hailey Glassman describes her dreamy boyfriend, father of eight Jon Gosselin
- That ain't butter.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 22, 2009 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Stephen Baldwin won't be the first or the last celebrity to appear in "Get Me Out Of Here, I'm In Bankruptcy."

SamRo, LiLo, clothesthrow, ohno.

"Networks reschedule President Obama press conference around Susan Boyle appearance..." Except Fox, which said in a statement, "Why would we? She's wasn't born in America either."

Hailey, you're lucky he's a great cook - after the child support is paid, Jon won't have enough left over to take you to McDonald's.

I'm starting to like Katherine Heigl: it's like she's got some kind of speaks-in-full-sentences version of Tourette's Syndrome.

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 22, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

so lady gaga's fashion sense has a vector... i fear she'll soon be sporting a full body latex costume and firedancing to the Horror of Yig.

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | July 22, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Lady GaGa is trying hard to out björk Björk.

Posted by: MStreet1 | July 22, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

That pic of Jake G as the Prince of Persia belongs in the Gallery of Regrettable Publicity Stills.

The celebrity portraits, on the other hand, are pretty fun. The women all look good, but the men need some work. Liz, that could be a really fun Photoshop contest...

Lady GaGa's "Kermit pelt" coat: I thought it would be something like that horrible green shag carpet dress Madonna was photographed in a while ago. I didn't think it was literally a coat of Kermit pelts (felts?).

Posted by: northgs | July 22, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Lady GaGa's Kermit pelt coat.

Wow, someone had to eat a whole lot of Cuisses de grenouille just to produce that one coat. I'm sure Kermit's hoping this is one trend that doesn't catch on.

Bam Margera says booze, not drugs, landed him in the ER.

Bam, alcohol IS a drug, albeit one that most people can handle safely in small quantities. You might want to get some counseling along with that detox.

Snoop Dogg as Napoleon?

Gosh, I was thinking Wee Tom.

Re Katherine Heigl:
Mama1, I'm sorry that your father had to work so many hours just to make ends meet. That must have been really hard on him, as well as the rest of your family (who must have missed his company a lot).

To jelo et al.: Did you hear the interview with actress Beth Broderick titled "For Hollywood's Middle Class, 'Cut' Has New Meaning" on NPR's "All Things Considered" on Monday, in which she discussed how current econommic conditions were vastly reduced income for journeyman actors like herself? Some of us best remember Broderick for costarring as Aunt Zelda on "Sabrina, the Teenaged Witch" (although I confess to having had a soft spot for Salem the cat's running commentary). The transcript of the interview is posted at:

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 22, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

economic

More caffeine, stat!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 22, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

"Born-again Stephen Baldwin owes $1.2 million on two mortgages on the New York property and more than $1 million in taxes and $70,000 in credit card debt."

LOL!

Posted by: jezebel3 | July 22, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

So much excellent Katherine Heigl snark today! She's just the gift that keeps on giving, isn't she?

"Note to Hogwarts students: In light of Mr. Crabbe's encounter with the local Muggle police, we would like to remind our students that extra credit Herbology projects must remain inside school grounds at all times. We would also like to tell the Hufflepuff sixth years that despite all the Fresh Air Charms, the school staff can, in fact, smell what is coming out of your dormitory. Please make a note of it."

Enh, Jake Gyllenhaal isn't a bad Prince (and he is very nicely buff-well done!), but I miss my Prince who looked he was, y'know, actually from Persia. Yeah, they had to get a big-name actor to carry the film, and their choices were limited, but a girl can still dream.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | July 22, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Lost props for sale. Put me down for a case of Dharma beer.

Oh dear, what will the Peta people do about Lady Gaga's coat? If I were her, I'd give it back to Miss Piggy, asap.

Glad the networks have their priorities straight re not pre-empting Susan Boyle's appearance.

Loved the Celebrity Portraits. Only Nicole Kidman's looked as if she may really belong in the time period. Would like to see a Madonna and Child portrait.

Sam, change the locks this time and get a new phone number. And for the peace of your neighbors, might I suggest a restraining order?

Could this 25yo Michael Jackson "love-child" be what prompted the song Billie Jean?

And what does she think Gosselin likes most about her? "I'm a huge believer in not controlling someone," says Glassman. "I'll give my opinion but tell him to do what he wants to do. He said, 'I'm just not used to having an option.' I told him life is about options." --Saw the show just once about two or three yrs ago. My husband predicted this then based on Kate's behavior.

Posted by: hodie | July 22, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Aah yes, Seth Rogen that known intellectual discussing other people's mental faculties.

Seth, Heigl is the real moron. If you were a casting director would you even consider her? She does the work sure. Then she trashes the project every time she opens her mouth.

Guess that self-righteous, born again thing didn't work out too well there Stephen. I hear this is a distributorship of organic products available in England.

Posted by: epjd | July 22, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Sadly, I managed to catch a few minutes of Sabrina the Teenaged Witch while I was waiting for a Gilmore Girls rerun to come on (for us unemployed folks, Gilmore Girls reruns are mildly diverting, better than Wendy Williams, or whatever her name is). I found myself wondering what had happened to Aunt Zelda. Then I realized I didn't care.

Posted by: StuckatWork | July 22, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

So is JLo going to play Tight End or Fullback?

I heard headhunters were looking for Kiefer.

I can't see Lady Gaga's outfit causing all that much of a stir in the Land of Lederhosen. Unless Kermit has the same place in German culture that Jerry Lewis does in French.

Guess we are going to hear about it every time SamRo throw Lilo's clothes in the street. Gonna be a long summer.

C'mon, Susan Boyle is WAY more important that the Pres. Especially with the economy and everything.

Can we please, please not hear any more from any woman who has ever been intimate with Jon Gosselin? Didn't think so. Too bad, I wanted to arrange a hookup between Jon and Katherine Heigl.

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 22, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | July 22, 2009 10:57 AM

Bawlmer, I am right there with you! Unfortunately the biggest English-speaking "name" male actor with antecedents from anywhere near that part of the world is probably Tony Shalhoub. Who's great, but not exactly action-hero material.

Posted by: northgs | July 22, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | July 22, 2009 11:01 AM

***
No hodie, Miss Piggy's Kermit coat is made of another of Kermit's parts, not his head(s).

Posted by: VaLGaL | July 22, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Naveen Andrews could pass for Persian.

Posted by: VaLGaL | July 22, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the link Nosy. I read the transcript, and thank gawd I'm not an actor. $70k a year in Los Angeles is pretty chump changey.

Posted by: jelo97 | July 22, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Or what about this guy?!? Yum!

Posted by: VaLGaL | July 22, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Quick Google search, David Ackert is Iranian/American and has the good looks to pull it off. Sadly, just not yet the name recognition.

Posted by: hodie | July 22, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

ValGal you beat me on David Ackert. Agree, yum!

Posted by: hodie | July 22, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

I loathe Katherine Heigl almost as much as I heart Emma Thompson. And that's a lot.

Posted by: jaybbub | July 22, 2009 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: StuckatWork | July 22, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

__________________________________

Whenever someone mentions Wendy Williams, I think of Wendy O. Williams of the Plasmatics. It would probably be a much better show if it was hosted by Wendy O. Williams (except for the fact that she died sometime in the 90's). There aren't enough chainsaws on daytime TV for my taste. Does anyone remember W.O.W.'s appearance on SCTVs Gil Fisher's Fishin' Musician? Classic.

Posted by: GroovisMaximus61 | July 22, 2009 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Who knows, It might be a better show with the Plasmatics' Wendy Williams, even though she is a bit breathless right now.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | July 22, 2009 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Oooooo, David Ackert, look at him! That could work, that could work indeed.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | July 22, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

To be somewhat fair to Seth Rogan, they did start it by doing an episode of Entourgage badmouthing him. Now should Seth be the bigger man (no pun intended) and just ignored it? Sure, but if you've seen his movies, we all knew that wasn't going to happen.

Posted by: zn123 | July 22, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: GroovisMaximus61 | July 22, 2009 11:42 AM
==================
Yes. And I also remember her being arrested in Cleveland for lewd acts and indecent exposure, although she was later acquitted.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 22, 2009 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Reddragon writes:

"So is JLo going to play Tight End or Fullback?"

I'd play JLo as a Wide Receiver.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | July 22, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

a little GA haiku:

Why oh why oh why
did they not let Izzie die?
girl will not shut up

Posted by: memphis1 | July 22, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Lovely report. Misting up...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 22, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

What an incredible b*tch Heigl is--the LA Times featured a quote from someone close to the show saying that they were merely accommodating her publicity schedule for the movie she's promoting. So basically it's her fault that the crew also worked a seventeen hour day--more probably.

I really can't stand that woman. And it has nothing to do with being outspoken--I wouldn't mind that if it weren't for the fact that she trashes everyone around her without whom she wouldn't have a fracking career.

Arrrgh. I may need an early trip to the Tiki bar today.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | July 22, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Sorcerer's Cat, you are so right re: Heigl. I bet she treats the crew like crap... if she notices them at all. But if Heather Mills is right about how the world works, she'll get hers.

Posted by: northgs | July 22, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

couldn't post earlier -- testing, 1, 2 ...

Posted by: Californian11 | July 22, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

But if Heather Mills is right about how the world works, she'll get hers.

Posted by: northgs | July 22, 2009 4:42 PM

****

If Heather Mills is right about how the world works, Katherine Heigl will end up married to Heather Mills.

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 22, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

***
comment of the day. hat tip.

Posted by: frieda406 | July 22, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse