Posted at 8:50 AM ET, 07/13/2009

LaToya Jackson Convinced Michael Was Murdered; Ryan Reynolds to Play Green Lantern

By Liz Kelly

Scarlett Johansson Monday in Madrid. (Reuters)

Monday

Headlines: LaToya Jackson tells London newspaper the News of the World that she is convinced brother Michael was murdered... Debbie Rowe to attend July 20 custody hearing... China getting its own Neverland... Angelina Jolie made secret June visit to wounded soldiers... Lindsay Lohan starts her own production company... Ryan Reynolds to play Green Lantern... Lauren Conrad's book tops bestseller list... Brangelina twins Vivienne Marcheline and Knox Leon celebrate first birthday... Jason Priestley and wife welcome baby boy... Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan marry... Undisclosed illness for Maura Tierney delays show's production.

Pix: Jon Gosselin and 22-year-old girlfriend hold hands in Paris, smoke it up in St. Tropez... Sandra Bullock: Dominatrix Audrey Hepburn?... Chaz Bono and girlfriend at Outfest.

Video: Mel Gibson directs girlfriend's latest creepy video.

Rumor Mill: Debbie Rowe agrees not to pursue custody of Jackson kids as long as Papa Joe stays away... Banned from swimming at St. Lucia resort, Amy Winehouse takes up golf... Victoria Beckham hoping to land "Sex and the City" sequel cameo.

By Liz Kelly  | July 13, 2009; 8:50 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Mary Louise Parker: Prude or Pin-up?
Next: Monday List: Trying on Celeb Souls for Size

Comments

Ixnay on the urdermay, aToyaLay. The lluminatiiay are ustjay roundaay the ornercay.

Will Lindsay Lohan's production company buy scripts to develop, or just stealthem?

Er, Liz Kelly - there are two pairs of words that should never appear in the same sentence as Sandra Bullock: "talented actress" and "Audrey Hepburn."

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 13, 2009 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Posh's SATC cameo will be holding an olive in Samantha's martini.

Why should China get its own Neverland? Can't it have "ours"? We can send Jon Gosselin over to work there.

Think about it: China gets a theme park, California loses an eyesore, Jon finally gets a job, and at least half of Jon & Kate go away. Everyone wins.

Dear Lord, Chastity (I'm not calling her Chaz just yet) is huge. I'm not usually one to comment on weight but, well, has anyone seen Cher lately?

Three words I never want to see together again: "Dominatrix Audrey Hepburn." Gives me an image of "Love in the Afternoon" I'd really rather not envision.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 13, 2009 9:18 AM | Report abuse

The Gibson-Oksana video was a little creepy, but I kinda liked the song. Until I heard the line "I want to wear your skin." And see, that line was considered such an artistic gem, it's part of the refrain, so it's repeated a LOT. And I'm not above a little lyrical "rough love" in my music...but THAT line just filled my head with images of Silence of the Lambs and Buffalo Bill. Too much.

Posted by: ishkabibbleA | July 13, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Okay, I read the Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan article and still don't know who they are? Are they mainstream celebrities? Super B-list? Step it Up? Was this a straight to video or wide release movie?
---
Other than the black tights, I liked the Sandra Bullock pic, though I liked the second one even more.
---
Way to go, Angelina!

Posted by: pras40 | July 13, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Not that she'd ever use it, but if they're so afraid of her drowning, shouldn't they ban Amy Winehouse from bathtubs too?

China getting its own Neverland is the creepiest headline today, IMO.

My Stepmother is hilarious. Outside her condo is a pond where a family of geese live. They're named Jon & Kate plus Eight. Getit? Goslings. Hahahaha. At least Jon is behaving in this group.

Posted by: hodie | July 13, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

LaToya's though process: "Damn, Janet got all the attention at the memorial service. Must do something to get it back on me. I know, I will call Michael's death murder. Look what it did for the Carradine family."

Who got married to whom? Should I care?

LiLo's production company -- she will talk about how many movies she produces but none will ever actually be finished.

Posted by: epjd | July 13, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

So, is that shot of Scarlett Johansson showing us her Angenlina Jolie phase? (I'm not much of a ScarJo afficianado; could those with a greater appreciation weigh in on the picture?)

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | July 13, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

MJ's situation could be a manslaughter charge, depending on what the doctor(s) did or didn't do w/controlled substances, some of which are not to be used outside of a hospital. and it doesn't appear there was any medical equipment at the house that would help with resuscitation, if necessary. so usually wacko latoya may not be that far off the mark this time.

Posted by: frieda406 | July 13, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

and i forgot, that one doctor at the house at the time of death supposedly told police he delayed calling 911 for 20-30 minutes because he didn't know the address. all who believe that statement please exit your home/office and proceed into traffic at once.

Posted by: frieda406 | July 13, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Lindsay's new production company, "Unforgettable Prods" sounds more like the subject of Eric Holder's new torture investigation than a production company.

One of the shows includes "'docu-cause' TV show the pair will produce in conjunction with a charitable organization.

What could Lindsay do....

- Air drop canisters of Sevin-Nyne into remote sections of Lapland

- Hang out with IT geeks in an underground bunker somewhere in New Jersey in a dramatic attempt to keep Twitter up and running for the Iranian protesters

- Taste test alcohol at Spring Break parties to make sure it is ok

- Donate unworn panties and leggings to earthquake survivors

- Give tips for creating a stormy relationship to gay couples so that gay marriages can look more like straight marriages.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 13, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Frieda 406 - comment of the day!

"all who believe that statement please exit your home/office and proceed into traffic at once"

Posted by: LTL1 | July 13, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: frieda406 | July 13, 2009 10:35 AM
==================
You left out the part about the cardiologist not having a defribulator.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 13, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Re: LaToya. I wondered how long it would take someone to come up with the idea that MJ was sacrificed. I don't see the docs deliberately killing the goose that laid the golden egg. I don't see the upside for them. Unless I missed something, which is difficult to do given the all-Michael news channels out there, Joe Jackson is the only one who stated he was only interested in this to the extent that it affected his own livlihood. The rest of the Jacksons are interested in making Michael a semi-deity so everyone forgets he was a probable pervert.

A double-play for the Republic of Brangelina today. (Triple if you count the twins individually).

I'm guessing Ryan Reynolds will be an OK Green Lantern, but who will play Kato? I guess Kato Kaelin is too old. I here Jon Gosselin is looking for work.

The pic of ScarJo had nothing to do with today's news. It is a secret message from Producer Paul of the chat.

Sandra Bullock is OK as a comedic actress. Her breakout role in Speed doesn't exactly qualify her for Shakespeare leads. And I didn't ever expect to see "dominatrix" followed by "Audrey Hepburn." She had too much class.

Glad I read why Amy is banned from the pool. Before I thought it was because her pores were oozing cocaine.

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 13, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

As far as today's snark, I got nothing. It's like Loser Central up there - Lilo, a Jackson sibling, Mel Gibson . . . all kinds of ick nast.

So I just wanted to send my belated Friday love to The Swayze. Didn't have access to a computer Friday (the horror!) but all y'all know I was thinking of him! Love you Patrick, stay strong.

Posted by: jaybbub | July 13, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: frieda406 | July 13, 2009 10:35 AM
==================
You left out the part about the cardiologist not having a defribulator.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 13, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

LOL! And the guy couldn't find a phone? What California doctor doesn't have a cell phone?

Posted by: jezebel3 | July 13, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Word to Jon and Mel: Keep your bimbettes under the covers where they belong. The only reason you guys aren't considered Woodies is that you are not related to them. As far as we know.

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 13, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

I deduce from the above comments that most of you are not treating the daily celebrity news with the proper respect. Don't you all know that celebrities are the face of America to the rest of the world? In this economy they are about the only valuable export commodity that we have left. Jackomania alone is worth more to us in foreign goodwill than a dozen foreign tours by Obama- yes, he's a celebrity too, but the boring, serious type.
But seriously, who the heck are Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan?

Posted by: justmike | July 13, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Ryan Reynolds getting the Green Lantern gig reminds me of the kid on Entourage signing to play Aquaman.

Posted by: tomtildrum | July 13, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

'But seriously, who the heck are Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan?"

I'll take this one! Channing Tatum was that young guy in, um, that movie, er, he's an up-and-coming talent, might've been on the cover of Vanity Fair. Or GQ, I think. Dark hair Oh you KNOW! He's THAT GUY.

OK, I have no idea either. And all I know about Jenna Dewan is that she's not the girl on that show with Thomas Gibson where she had some special talent or something. Her character was quirky maybe? Well she's not her.

"Debbie Rowe agrees not to pursue custody of Jackson kids as long as Papa Joe stays away"

Raises an interesting thought. Has Debbie actually met Joe? I mean sure, he has a horrific reputation as a child beater and all, but I can't recall if her and Michael's wedding was a family affair and have never seen her/Joe together.

Besides, I'm not seeing Thanksgiving around the Jacksons' dining room table:

MARLON: Debbie, more white meat?

DEBBIE: What kinda crack is that? Oh, the turkey. Sure.

LA TOYA: Anyone need green bean caserole?

TITO: Ugh, how can you eat that stuff. It's nasty.

JANET [singing]: Oh you nasty green bean caserole. Unh.

KATHERINE: Who's gonna help me with the dishes?

JERMAINE [singing]: Let's get serious. Let's get serious and wash some plates.

JOE: Shut up all of you before I start swatting.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 13, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

But seriously, who the heck are Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan?

Posted by: justmike | July 13, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Thanks justmike, I feel much better now about the time I kill on this site.

Posted by: hodie | July 13, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

I have no snark today either, but I do wish to nominate td for best screen play of the week! I will be singing "Oh you nasty green bean caserole. Unh." for the rest of the day....thanks.

Posted by: VaLGaL | July 13, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 13, 2009 10:54 AM
=================
So am I. But I shudder with the thought that she's walking around carrying metal clubs.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 13, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

How delighted must Dr. Glassman be that his 22-year-old daughter is dating an unemployed, not-yet-divorced father of eight?

Posted by: 44west | July 13, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

TD, thanks for clearing up who that guy is, but not her. I don't feel quite so out of it!

Posted by: kirstenpaulson | July 13, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Is anyone else just a but saddened by the fact that the number one best-seller is a book written by Lauren Conrad? Somewhere Johannnes Gutenberg is regretting his life's work.

Channing Tatum is in the new G.I. Joe movie, he was also in Stop Loss.

LiLo production company? Will it put out films of the same caliber of class and refinement that we've come to expect from a woman who brought us leggings with knee-pads?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | July 13, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Hi, Dorkus. Long time, no hear. Hope you're well.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 13, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Whoa, what happened to Amy Wine-o's hands? They look char-broiled.

Ick Nast Jon G.'s new girlfriend looks a lot older than 22. Maybe it's the smoking. And who the heck would date him, anyway? Ew.

"Posh's SATC cameo will be holding an olive in Samantha's martini." ROFL!!!! And the Quote of the Day goes to td!

Posted by: Californian11 | July 13, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

But seriously, who the heck are Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan?

Posted by: justmike | July 13, 2009 11:07 AM

If today's crop are a valuable export commodity, Lizards, how many from the Manhattan Project do you think we can sell? After all, revenue is better than even the best-intentioned expenditure.

Posted by: northgs | July 13, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Channing Tatum is considered one of those up and coming guys making his mark in ensemble pieces (like Stop Loss--thanks for that Dorkus, I couldn't remember the name) and presumably will become a "major" star if GI Joe is a big hit--although judging by the horrific writing revealed in the trailers for it I think it could conceivably take the prize for the biggest budget flop of all time. Seriously, some really good actors and (Quaid and Eccleston, for example) they sound like community theater walk-ons. As for his new wife, I can't remember seeing her in anything except the movie they did together. Which was a pretty terrible movie.

Well done, Angelina.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | July 13, 2009 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | July 13, 2009 10:28 AM
===============
I dunno. She's in Spain, so maybe she's showing us her best Penelope Cruz phase.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 13, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Jon dating the daugher of his wife's surgeon? Classy. Couldn't he expand his dating circle a bit more.

I'm w/previous poster about Channing Tatum and his bride- I clicked that link just to see who the heck they are.

Banning Amy Winehouse from just about anything, least of all a community swimming pool is a great idea, imo.

Maybe prior to sex reassignment surgery, Chaz should look into something for weight loss- she is ginormous on a really unhealthy level.

Posted by: plamar1031 | July 13, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

NY Daily News (5 minutes ago):
"Tony Romo dumps Jessica Simpson the night before her birthday"

Am no fan of JS, but jeez TR, that just ain't classy.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 13, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Here's the URL:

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 13, 2009 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Plus this from the Post's own Sourcettes this afternoon:

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 13, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Well, Nosy, what kind of behaviour do you expect from a Dallas Cowboy?

-The Poster Formerly Known as Snarky Squirrel, who admits to a sneaking fondness for Jessica Simpson, who seems harmless and is certainly much less annoying than her skanky sister.

Posted by: 7900rmc | July 13, 2009 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Get well soon, Maura. They just disclosed she has a tumor in her breast. Prognosis excellent. Just avoid any of Michael Jackson's reconstructive surgeons and you'll be just fine.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 13, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

"Simpson had planned a Barbie and Ken-themed bithday party but it fell through, according her Twitter page Saturday."

Nothing like telling your husband-to-be that you're planning a wedding around two neutered, plastic dolls.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 13, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

nosy, tony romo may be a toad (and in all likelihood is some form of toad), but i'm surmising something happened to cause him to give her the heave ho the day before her birthday. maybe the thought of the neutered ken/barbie party chilled his man parts to the nub.
and thank you LTL1 for the comment of the day shout out. my very first. i shall carry the honor w/dignity. har har.

Posted by: frieda406 | July 13, 2009 6:53 PM | Report abuse

also, must give frankie the dog a shout out. she went to hospice last week and visited a young man, 28, who had served 2 tours of duty in iraq and 1 in afghanistan. the military misdiagnosed a growth that turned out to be melanoma. he fought it bravely for 2 years, enduring several brain operations. he finally said "no more". he has a wife and 7 year old child. frankie came to his bedside to give him and his family comfort. she discharged her duty with love and kindness, as always. i know swayze gets a shout out, but in addition, i want to give one to michael. thank you for honoring us all for your valiant service and by your struggle to live.

Posted by: frieda406 | July 13, 2009 6:58 PM | Report abuse

Oh, Frieda, thank you for doing something so wonderful. Please give lots of lizard love to Michael and his family (and extra doggie treats to Frankie).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 13, 2009 7:05 PM | Report abuse

thank you, nosy. when i called to check on michael, they told me he died the evening frankie went to see him. his family appreciated everything frankie did. she got her treats. made me so sad to see someone so young dying.

Posted by: frieda406 | July 13, 2009 10:46 PM | Report abuse