Posted at 10:42 AM ET, 07/24/2009

Paris Hilton's Doggy Style

By Liz Kelly

(Image courtesy fleurdepup.com)

Remember Beyonce's Dereon Girls line -- the range of clothes that finally made it possible for pre-tween girls to look like tiny club skanks?

Well, Paris Hilton took a similar idea and, instead of applying it to the age inappropriate, she's targeted a new untapped market: vapid fashion-obsessed dogs. Or, rather, vapid fashion-obsessed dog owners who have no qualms at all about forcing their pups into clothing. Her Paris Hilton for Little Lily line includes a Floral Hearts dress ($56), pajamas ($48) or a mini skirt ($52) that would probably make both dog and owner a prime target for zombie clowns or David Letterman (same diff).

As in the human world, larger breeds seem to have been given short shrift -- size large only accommodates dogs weighing 15-20 pounds. But boy dogs can rest easy -- Hilton's collection includes a doggie necktie ($15.60).

In other celeb brand news:

Mischa Barton's publicist apparently thought that Barton's recent hospitalization was the perfect opportunity to talk up Barton's Autumn/Winter '09 line of handbags.

Amy Winehouse was reportedly offered more than $800,000 to launch her own fragrance.

By Liz Kelly  | July 24, 2009; 10:42 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrity Products, Paris Hilton
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jolie Visits Iraq; Jackson Doctor at Center of Police Probe
Next: Jackson's Hair Turned into Diamonds

Comments

Re: large = 20 pounds max. My understanding is that that's pretty normal sizing for doggie haute couture. Just like human couture - the largest size any designer has ever heard of is wide toothpick. (A friend's French bulldog was the large-size tailor's model for the Ralph Lauren collection a few years ago - mutt earned a darn good salary for it, too.) Those prices are about right, too.

Posted by: northgs | July 24, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Who wants to smell like Amy Winehouse? I don't imagine that an addict smells very nice a lot of the time.

Posted by: auntiemare | July 24, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Paris Hilton will make a billion dollars selling dog clothing.

Posted by: MStreet1 | July 24, 2009 11:21 AM | Report abuse

And here's the pilot comemrcial for Amy Winehouse's new fragrance:

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | July 24, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

So in doggy haute couture world, my 40-45lb dogs are considered obese?

Posted by: zn123 | July 24, 2009 11:37 AM | Report abuse

It's too bad that my "plus-sized" lab/collie/mutt can't fit into that pink dress. She'll just have to wear a child-sized tu-tu as the flower/ring dog at my wedding.

Posted by: MzFitz | July 24, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse

I dunno...
something tells me that Amy may less concerned with how good the perfume smells as much as how smooth it goes down with a beer chaser.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 24, 2009 11:51 AM | Report abuse

First my dog is dissed because he is a mutt, now he is excluded because he is considered obese. I full support his decision to lift his leg on doggy couture and dog shows which cater to the doggy elite.

Posted by: hodie | July 24, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

I think Frankie-the-hospice-dog (mascot of Lizard Island) has a far more beautiful soul than any of Paris' skinny b!thces.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 24, 2009 12:07 PM | Report abuse

(b!tches) Well, that's what happens when one tries to bowdlerize words in order to circumvent censoring software.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 24, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

When I clicked over to this page, my first thought was "Hey, that's kind of a cute purse. I would totally carry that." I'm distressed that it's a)not a purse & b) for a dog.

I might try to make the purse I thought it was, though. Thank you, Paris!

Posted by: blahblah6b | July 24, 2009 12:22 PM | Report abuse

I think Frankie-the-hospice-dog (mascot of Lizard Island) has a far more beautiful soul than any of Paris' skinny b!tches.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 24, 2009 12:07 PM

So true!

On one hand, I feel badly for folks like MzFitz above who are looking to dress their larger dogs for events like a wedding - congrats MzFitz! - but on the other hand, do you really want to be the person who has to try to convince a Rottweiler it'll look cute in the dress pictured above?

Posted by: northgs | July 24, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Frankie has too much taste to be caught wearing anything Paris Hilton designed.

Sadly, other dog owners are not as discriminating.

Posted by: epjd | July 24, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 24, 2009 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Son of a !!!!

Posted by: jezebel3 | July 24, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

"do you really want to be the person who has to try to convince a Rottweiler it'll look cute in the dress pictured above?

Posted by: northgs | July 24, 2009 12:23 PM "

------------------------------------------
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, can dress any way she wishes.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | July 24, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Amy Winehouse can sell her Eau de Junquee to dogs. They like strange smells.

Paris should market doggy hats as Airheads for Airdales.

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 24, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Somehow launching high-end dog clothing during a recession seems misguided. Then again, she's Paris Hilton. Nothing succeeds like excess for her.

All these celebrity products! Once Victoria Principal was on TV mixing up beauty products in the lab, things got a little too out-of-hand for me. (Was Hank Aaron in the chocolate plant deciding semi-sweet or dark on the Oh Henry! bar? NO.)

Whatever happened to the days when celebrities just put their names on something, cashed the check, and then stayed out of the way?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 24, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Yeah...Amy...who wants to smell like booze and pot?...I mean...perhaps it will be for that "niche" market that hasn't been tapped yet...

Posted by: Ohyouknow | July 24, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Eau de Amy. Eeew...

Posted by: kabuki3 | July 24, 2009 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Amy Winehouse fragrance? Ah, the smell of sweat and vomit.

Posted by: jhershelredpuppy1 | July 26, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

I'm no fan of Mischa Barton, or any of these airheaded teenyboppers, but once someone enters the hospital for treatment, shouldn't they get a reprieve from snarky comments by the peanut gallery? Seems rather cruel to kick someone who's so down that they've been hospitalized involuntarily.

Posted by: Pupster | July 27, 2009 8:00 AM | Report abuse