Posted at 8:22 AM ET, 07/28/2009

Police - Doctor Administered Fatal Jackson Drug; Madonna Muscles Out Body Fat

By Liz Kelly

Meryl Streep and Amy Adams at a screening of their new movie "Julie and Julia" on Monday in Hollywood. (Getty Images)

Tuesday

Headlines: Doctor administered drug that caused Michael Jackson's death, says police source... John Travolta a Scientologist for life, says rep... Erotic Madonna phone messages up for auction... Brangelina hit Hollywood McDonald's... Judge orders oversight for Octo-kids' finances... Quentin Tarantino wanted to do "Casino Royale" with Pierce Brosnan... Joe Jonas and Camilla Belle break up... Kim Kardashian and Reggie Bush split... Diddy's Atlanta restaurant targeted by IRS for unpaid taxes.

Crime Watch: Killer of Kelsey Grammer's sister denied parole.

Pix: Madonna shows off muscular, gristly arms... Breaking news: Suri Cruise wears pants... More "Prince of Persia" pics.

Rumor Mill: Tony Romo blocks Jessica Simpson from his neighborhood... Jon Gosselin dating the 22-year-old and the ex-tabloid reporter... Katie Holmes escapes burning car on Australian movie set... Lauren Conrad's book headed for movie adaptation?... Ex says Amy Winehouse once stole drugs from Kate Moss... Dakota Fanning dating Freddie Highmore?... Tobey Maguire's mom lands reality show... Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson "together" at Comic-Con?

Say What?
"It's called circumstantial homosexuality." -- Robert Downey Jr. on his relationship with "Sherlock Holmes" co-star Jude Law.

"You're like Robo-Cop, you're half-human and nobody's given a [bleep] about you since 1986." -- Comedian Greg Giraldo at the Comedy Central roast of Joan Rivers.

Chat: Rich Sommer, who plays Harry Crane on AMC's "Mad Men," answers your questions about the show, the NBC miniseries "The Storm," his appearances on "The Office" and more at 11 a.m. ET.

By Liz Kelly  | July 28, 2009; 8:22 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: An Open Letter to Candy Spelling
Next: Five-Minute Memoir: Joel Madden

Comments

The name is Bond, James !@$%#@&^ Bond.

If Katie Holmes can escape a burning car AND manage to put pants on her daughter, surely she can help John Travolta escape Scientology.

What's with the Prince of Persia fascination?

Madonna. Erotic. Yawn. I bet even Lourdes is tired of hearing about this.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 28, 2009 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Dakota Fanning is dating? I'm not ready for that yet.

Posted by: ssg3 | July 28, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Actually, there is such a thing as "circumstantial homosexuality." On the Kinsey scale (where one end is completely heterosexual and the other side is completely homosexual), this is defined as someone who, under normal circumstances, is heterosexual but due to circumstances (such as being in prison) engages in homosexual behavior.

Posted by: Carrie1102 | July 28, 2009 9:24 AM | Report abuse

"Jon Gosselin's partying is making me feel sorry for Kate. How is that possible? I've spent all this energy annoyed with her and now look. Darn that guy!" Oh, I KNOW! He better stop it or I'm going to have to start siding w/ Kate 1.0. Maybe she has always seen that side of him.

Also.. Madonna's arms? EWWwwwww.. just ewww.

Posted by: Guest1234 | July 28, 2009 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Madonna, ick nast on both accounts.

What I would love to be the one to ask Brangelinga "you want fries with that?"

Pierce Brosnan is my favorite Bond!

Who the heck is Freddie Highmore? Should I know this?

Greg Giraldo's toast, I'll raise a glass to that.

Posted by: hodie | July 28, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

"Doctor administered drug that caused Michael Jackson's death, says police source... " That news will add to the health care debate: if America had had socialized medicine like Canada or England, Michael would still be waiting to see a doctor and he'd still be alive.

Liz Kelly, what have you wrought? The only reason I clicked on the "Suri Cruise wears pants" link was to check for pleats.

Tony Romo blocks Jessica Simpson from his neighborhood... Neighbours were complaining about her serenades beneath his window.

Katie Holmes' new movie is an 'art mirrors life' thing: she plays a woman stalked by gnomes.

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 28, 2009 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Wow, it's a good thing my breakfast was already fully digested when I opened that link to Madonna's arms. Even still, I feel a little queasy. Ick nast is right.

And darnit, that Suri Cruise is just adorable. It's really a shame she's an alien.

Well played, Messrs. Downey and Giraldo. Well played.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | July 28, 2009 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Madge has always been an exhibit of one kind or another.

Could a judge please order oversight on Jon Gosselin?

Finally we know who wears the pants in the Wee Tom family.

Would like to see the IRS operate Diddy's restaurant in Atlanta until the taxes are paid off.

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 28, 2009 9:42 AM | Report abuse

byoolin, the Suri / pants comment was priceless. So were there pleats?

hodie, Freddie Highmore is the up-and-coming Haley Joel Osment -- FH was in "Charlie and the Chocoloate Factory," "The Golden Compass," "Arthur and The Invisibles" (great movie) and "The Spiderwick Chronicles." You've seen him.

Before I forget, according to Facebook I believe today is Liz Kelly's birthday, yes?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 28, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

The bar is awfully high today.....

Posted by: memphis1 | July 28, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Wow, that ex-husband of Amy Winehouse has certainly gotten very chatty lately. Are we going to have to hear about all their binges? When will his 15 minutes be up?

Posted by: 44west | July 28, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Lauren Conrad's book, LA Candy, headed for movie adaptation?.
- I'll be waiting for the Lifetime movie of the week, "Candy from LA" starring Tori Spelling.

"Two cassette tapes that Madonna left in 1992 and 1993 on the answering machine of James Albright, the bodyguard who became her lover, are expected to fetch between $30,000 and $40,000."
- Had they been to Madeline Albright, they would have fetched a whole lot more.

"Defending Jon [Gosselin], one person who is friendly with him, said to RadarOnline.com: 'Look , is there something wrong with a man going through a divorce dating any woman he wants?'"
- Michael Lohan is still pretty unrepentant and clueless.

"John Travolta a Scientologist for life, says rep..."
- Right. And any day now, he'll be "renewing his vows."

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 28, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Madonna, who became famous for wearing her underwear outside of her clothes, now reveals that she will be wearing her skeleton outside her body in her new quest to adopt numerous African children. She wants to be known as Exso-Mom.

Posted by: kabuki3 | July 28, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the info, td.

Happy Birthday, Liz! Party in the tiki bar!

Posted by: hodie | July 28, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

There were no pleats. (As Ricky Nelson sang, "You can't pleat everybody/so you've got to pleat yourself.)

Liz Kelly's birthday present to herself is that she gets to produce another Weingarten chat. And now that she's finally old enough to drink, we hope she'll be bombed by the time it starts.

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 28, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

"After weeks of swirl in the press we are all shocked and amazed that drugs had anything to do with MJ's death."

"As a long time Sherlock Holmes fan, I've always wondered about him and Dr. Watson. Why else would the doc hang around a coke freak?"

Perhaps these two statements should be evaluated together?

And I don't know what it was, but today's entry had me giggling and I didn't even click on any of the links. Happy Birthday Liz?

Posted by: auntiemare | July 28, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 28, 2009 9:38 AM |

Had Blake Fielder-Civil been there to revive him, Michael would still be alive.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 28, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Now I have "Garden Party" running through my head on an endless loop along with imagined dirty talk featuring the former Secretary of State. Thanks a heap.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 28, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

In Quentin Tarantino's version, would Pierce Brosnan be playing the David Niven role or the Woody Allen part?

Posted by: yellojkt | July 28, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Buggery in the Snuggery.

Posted by: yellojkt | July 28, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Dakota Fanning is dating? I'm not ready for that yet.

Posted by: ssg3 |

------------------------------------

I went googling for a Dakota Fanning countdown clock once and nearly set off every safe search alarm on the internet.

Posted by: yellojkt | July 28, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Nice natural hat trick there, yello.

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 28, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Happy Birthday Liz.

Lauren Conrad's book headed for movie adaptation. I believe the correct term is "short short."

Posted by: epjd | July 28, 2009 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Liz sez, "Doctor administered drug that caused Michael Jackson's death, says police source".

Curmudgeon sez, " . . . and none too soon".

Can anyone imagine the ick nast of a 75-year old Michael Jackson?

His nose would have fallen off by then and he would look like Voldemort.

Your friend,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | July 28, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Mudge, you are so right. Perhaps from here on out we should refer to MJ as "he who should not be named". I think all of us who are tired of Jackson coverage could agree to that.

Posted by: hodie | July 28, 2009 12:11 PM | Report abuse

****

AND Daniel Craig is also in "The Golden Compass". I kept expecting him to pull out some James Bond gadget when he was in a jam. (But I guess that's why he did that movie, and a couple of others in between.)

Posted by: anonymouslurker | July 28, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm, I don't care much about Tobey Maguire. Why would I care at all about Tobey Maguire's MOTHER?

Posted by: jaybbub | July 28, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Help me understand, please. I love Meryl Streep and I love Amy Adams, and yet that movie holds absolutely no interest for me. Why?

Posted by: jaybbub | July 28, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

In "Growing Up Maguire" Bob DeBrino -- who produced "Find Me Guilty," directed by Sidney Lumet and starring Vin Diesel -- plans to show how Wendy, a single mother, sacrifices to shield her children from the downside of the entertainment industry.

--So we won't be seeing the kids because she'll be too busy shielding them? And isn't Toby full grown? Other than Weston, who else is there?

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 28, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Fun with punctuation...

I read this sentence

"Quentin Tarantino wanted to do "Casino Royale" with Pierce Brosnan... Joe Jonas and Camilla Belle"

And I thought, wow, that would be one weird movie.

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 28, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Oh, by the way, Liz, thanks for the "Prince of Persia" pecs.

Er, um, I mean pics.

Your red-faced pal,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | July 28, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Same here, jaybbub.

Happy Birthday, Liz!

Our resident Dr. hodie: is it a surprise that MJ's heart eventually stopped after years of using anaesthesia recreationally? Hearts can stop after "going under" only once, let alone for years. The whole MJ saga gets weirder and weirder.

Exso-Mom's (heh heh) arms defy description. How is that even possible? Is she human?

Is John Travolta only a $cientolocult member for life because he'll wind up dead if he tries to leave?

Posted by: Californian11 | July 28, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Happy birthday, Original Liz!

News from my neck of the woods: Brody Jenner posted some poor guy's number on Twitter & now he's flooded with angry phone calls.

Posted by: otherliz | July 28, 2009 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Californian--no suprise at all. I suspect w/the diprovan, he stopped breathing first, then his heart stopped. This talk of recreational anesthesia kind of reminds me of that movie yrs ago w/Kevin Bacon, Kiefer Sutherland, Julia Roberts, where they were med school students trying to prove life after death by putting themselves under, stopping their hearts and then coming back to report what they saw. What was that movie? Anyone remember?

Posted by: hodie | July 28, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

"Flatliners", Hodie?

curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | July 28, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Travolta's PR person is reading the statement that he's a lifer to distract everyone while he sneaks out the back door of the Scientology celebrity center in disguise...(I hope.)

Posted by: anonymouslurker | July 28, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: anonymouslurker | July 28, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

I hoope he doesn't sneak out the back door and become a Methodist, or something.

Talking about wreaking havoc.

Yours in fake faith,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | July 28, 2009 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Mentioning John Travolta and 'back door' in the same sentence is sort of why he IS a lifer.

Posted by: yellojkt | July 28, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

anonymouslurker

Any recent Edna Turnblad sightings?

Mudge, Methodists believe in conventional psychiatry, so they'd be a vast improvement over the $cientolocult any day.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 28, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

N_P,

Please don't misunderatand my snark.

It's just that Methodism is sooooo conventional and $cientology is sooooo not . . . havoc wreaking could occur.

John T should stay where he is and pay to play.

Sincerely,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | July 28, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Mudge, for the record I'm not now, nor have I ever been, a Methodist. I do, however, have a branch of inlaws who are.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 28, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse