Posted at 11:05 AM ET, 07/30/2009

William Shatner + Video = Reliably Funny

By Liz Kelly

Sometimes I recognize that I am merely a conduit, this blog a vessel through which the throbbing force of pop culture streams unchecked. Today is one of those days. No preamble could possibly do anything to make the video embedded below -- a mash-up of a William Shatner interview and techno music -- any more perfect. So, without further ado, I bring you "Shatner of the Mount." My work is done here:

(P.S. No proper Shatner video post would be complete without a link to the classic Celebritology Video Hall of Fame inductee, Shatner's "Rocket Man.")

By Liz Kelly  | July 30, 2009; 11:05 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Miscellaneous
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jude Law Expecting Child with Unnamed Woman; Jackson Autopsy Results Delayed
Next: Katherine Jackson Gets Full Custody of Jackson Children

Comments

Did you see the clip of today's bigger version of Shatner reading Sarah's tweets on the Conan Show?

He's found his post-Kirk, Boston-Legal-add-on-role at last.

VTY,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | July 30, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

priceless.

Posted by: CentreofNowhere | July 30, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

His recitation of Palin's farewell speech to bongo drums on Conan was just absolutely hysterical.

I got give the man props. He just keeps on rolling.

Posted by: LittleRed1 | July 30, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

The gayest thing I've ever seen. Gay, gay, gay, gay.

Posted by: jezebel3 | July 30, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

I lolled in my pants a little!

Posted by: otherliz | July 30, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Shatner is going to owe Palin songwriter royalties.

Posted by: yellojkt | July 30, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

jez, are you actually Kid Rock in drag?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 30, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

How can you not love Shatner? It's obvious he knows that he's considered to be the world's biggest ham, or maybe Canadian bacon, yet he has no trouble playing along with it, as on the Conan thing the other night. Plus he was on the all-time awesomest Twilight Zone episode, which was the first one I ever saw when I was 13 years old. Pardon my babbling- I am just blown away by his greatiness!

Posted by: justmike | July 30, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

As much as I love Andy Richter, imagine Conan's ratings if Shatner was his sidekick.

It would be "Goodnight Letterman."

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 30, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mdreader01 | July 30, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

A masterpiece! Dunno about the ratings.

Posted by: jezebel3 | July 30, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Loved it. Baby loved it so much he was dancing. Shatner rocks.

Posted by: Guest1234 | July 30, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

dammit, mothership is using video-cloaking technology

Posted by: hodie | July 30, 2009 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: HardyW | July 30, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

i might actually watch conan if shatner were his sidekick.....

Posted by: memphis1 | July 30, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

I couldn't click the Play button for the Shatner clip. I just couldn't. And I even voluntarily clicked on Madonna's ectoskeleton. And Brit's nekid hoo-ha...

Posted by: kabuki3 | July 30, 2009 2:03 PM | Report abuse

If you like the Palin piece, check out "Has Been". "Has Been" is Shatner's greatest work, IMO. Brilliant, funny, engaging. I've been listening to it for years - still very fresh.

Posted by: DROSE1 | July 30, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

This was pretty funny, but I loved the Palin/Shat on Conan.

Posted by: northgs | July 30, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse