Posted at 8:30 AM ET, 08/20/2009

Celine Dion Impregnated with Embryo Stored for 8 Years; 'Jon and Kate' Ratings Slide

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: Celine Dion impregnated with embryo stored for eight years... Whitney Houston to sit down with Oprah... Ursula Andress voted "ultimate bikini goddess"... "Jon and Kate" ratings continue slide... Jason Schwartzman ("Rushmore") married in July... Phil Spector hopes to be transferred away from "lowlife scumbags" to new prison... Soon to be exes Robin Wright and Sean Penn agree to division of property... Newly-single Billy Joel selling Hamptons homes for $35 million... Seattle woman sues David Copperfield for alleged assault... John Hawkes signs on for final season of "Lost."

Celebrity Real Estate: Julianne Moore's New York townhouse (pix) for sale.

Pix: Ricky Martin and his twin sons... Danity Kane reject Aubrey O'Day almost manages to class up her look... Frances Bean Cobain, paisley pantsuit... Sherri Shepherd, bathing suit... Celebrities on invisible bikes.

Video: Jay-Z's bodyguard scuffles with Croatian paparazzi...

More: Some jerk secretly films Brad Pitt on cross-country flight.

Rumor Mill: Michael Jackson's doctor to be charged with manslaughter?... Rep claims British paper fabricated the Robert Pattinson "I'm single" interview... Brooke Hogan having anxiety attacks... Jon Gosselin trying to get out of contract to join Michael Lohan's "Divorced Dads Club"... Sting's tantric sex stamina a rumor started by Bob Geldof, says Sting's daughter.

Not News: Paris Hilton not engaged.

Say What?
"Everybody's had enough of Brad Pitt. I've seen enough of him for a lifetime." -- "Thelma and Louise" co-star Michael Madsen.

Chat Day: Join me at 2 p.m. ET for this week's hour of celebrity chat power, Celebritology Live. Then stick around for The "Lost" Hour at 3 p.m. ET.

By Liz Kelly  | August 20, 2009; 8:30 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Going Full Tilt for Bill Paxton
Next: VIDEO -- 'Twits': Wisdom from Diddy, LiLo and BrookeHo

Comments

liz,

Wow; excellent job with your effort in cutting and pasting today's input!

Are you ever worried that, in today's newspaper climate, people who's job it is to cut and paste will be the first to be fired?

Posted by: wiatrol | August 20, 2009 8:51 AM | Report abuse

wiatrol

With that grammar gaffe, it's a sure thing that wiatrol would never get a job in journalism.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 20, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Ursala's headshot does not do anything to prove her deserved (if dated) goddessness.

Way to suck up to "Tiny," Phil. Call him a lowlife scumbag in the press. Hope you've got a shank hidden under your pillow.

David Copperfield shouldn't be worried. He can just disappear.

Just one more commitment Jon Gosselin needs to get out of.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 20, 2009 8:59 AM | Report abuse

I agree with Michael Madson. And take Angelina with ya when you leave, Brad.

Posted by: Amelia5 | August 20, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Frances Bean Cobain: cute & happy looking

Sherri Shepherd: scared to look

Wiatrol: Can't live with Celebritology, can't live without it. Such angst.

Posted by: mat00 | August 20, 2009 9:12 AM | Report abuse

You are correct:

What I meant to say was:

Posted by: wiatrol | August 20, 2009 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Who is Michael Madsen? On second thought, don't bother to remind me. Talk about jealousy...

Yeah, because convicted murderers are so high-class.

Sherri Shepherd, bathing suit.

I'm not even gonna look.

Soon to be exes Robin Wright and Sean Penn agree to division of property.

Even when a marriage is irretrievably broken, civility is always in style.

Ursula Andress voted "ultimate bikini goddess."

It's so nice when those "all-time" surveys recognize that the world didn't start in the 1990s. How many Lizards were aware that Harry Hamlin was Ursula's baby-daddy, and that she was a cougar compared to him in age?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 20, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

"Celine Dion impregnated with embryo stored for eight years..." I'm pretty sure this is how Jurassic Park started.

Phil Spector hopes to be transferred away from "lowlife scumbags" to new prison... ("It's a horrible place," says Frank Zappa in 'D*ng Work For Yuda', "painted all green on the inside, where record company executives spend all day snorting detergent and plooking one another.")

Little-known fact: 'Brad Pitt' is Michael Madsen's code name for 'wiatrol.'

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 20, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Ursula in a bikini to Sherri Shepard in a bathing suit, my how standards have fallen.

You know, I am giving Jon the benefit of the doubt here. He probably wised up that hanging out with a Lohan parent would not help in a custody battle.

Nosy, didn't know that. How interesting.

Posted by: epjd | August 20, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Should the line under "Rumor Mill" about Jon Gosselin read, "Jon Gosselin trying to get out of J&K + 8 contract to join Michael Lohan's 'Divorced Dads Club'"? Or perhaps add the phrase "in order to" in front of join. The way it reads now I thought he was trying to get out of a contract for the Divorced Dads Club. However, it may be that I am not fully awake yet, despite having driven into work already!

Posted by: JinNJ | August 20, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

I have got to find a Michael Madsen group on Facebook so I can "Become a Fan" (that is, of the "Reservoir Dogs" MM and not the "Free Willy" one).

Is anyone who's old enough to remember the ratings dive of "Sonny and Cher" post-split really surprised by the "Jon and Kate" ratings news now? (Hey, maybe one day Kate'll hook up with Gregg Allmann and Jon'll run for office. Could happen. Just avoid the slopes there, JG.)

While Brad's secret videographer might be a "jerk," Liz, I imagine Brad is used to it by now. This guy can't be the first. News? Doubt it.

When the "age" of Celine Dion's embryo is considered news, Armageddon is officially upon us. I am completely disgusted by that "headline." For SMAME.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 20, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

wiatrol, who pisses in your corn flakes every morning?

Says David Copperfield, it wasn't assault, just a little slight of hand.

I guess Billy Joel felt it was time for him to be Movin' Out. (yeah I'm sorry for that one)

Nosy, Michael Madsen was the psycho bank robber in Reservoir Dogs who cut off the cops ear.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 20, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse

I'm happy John Hawkes will be in Lost! I first noticed him in The Perfect Storm. Can't wait!

Posted by: JLRGG | August 20, 2009 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Never saw that movie, Dorkus. Sounds like I'm just as glad I didn't, judging by the violence.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 20, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

It is what it is; cut and paste. How can that be disputed?

Posted by: wiatrol | August 20, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

wiatrol, there's such a simple solution. If you don't like it, just leave.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 20, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Byoolin:
To quote Dr. Ian Malcom:

"Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming."

Posted by: memphis1 | August 20, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

wiatrol,
you are the one who should be worried. if this blog goes away, how will you be able to share all your witty repartee with the rest of us?

Posted by: memphis1 | August 20, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

I read the Gosslin-Lohan article. It's so hard to figure out what's going on because you have to wade through Lohan's twisted logic--

- Jon is upset because TLC won't let him do "different things" on his reality show? Like what? Run around with his girlfriends?

- Jon is upset because TLC makes $130 M and he makes "a pittance." Then the last thing he should do is be on another reality show. He should go into production.

“If TLC picks up the show, there’s no problem with Jon’s contract, so we’ll see.”

If he's so angry at TLC, why are they shopping the new show to TLC? And what makes him think that TLC is going to want to continue to have him on J+K=8 if he's on another show trying to pick up chicks with Dennis Rodman and Jose Canseco?

"Lohan said The Divorced Dads Club is now in development at Endemol."

Never has there been a more appropriate name for a reality TV production company.

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 20, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Setting aside the obvious "if you hate this site so much, why do you come here?," I believe it actually can be disputed that it's cut and paste, wiatrol. I'm fairly certain that the action you're referring to is, in this case, COPY and paste.

Posted by: WesternShore | August 20, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

I believe "wiatrol" is pronounced, "Why, a troll!"

Sting's daughter should not be commenting on remors about her father's sexual stamina - this is the Ick. Nast. winner of the day. Worse even than Sherri Shepherd in a bathing suit(yes, I looked).

For $12 mill, I'll take Julianne Moore's brownstone over Billy Joel's bungalow any day of the week.

Phil Spector, good luck with that. If you're very, very nice to the warden, maybe he'll find you a cell by yourself with no mirrors - that way you'll never have to look at another lowlife scumbag again.

Posted by: northgs | August 20, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Phil Spector hopes to be transferred away from "lowlife scumbags" to new prison

- He's probably begging to go to South Korea so that he can learn the "Thriller" dance and wear those cool orange jumpsuits.

"The bigger of the two homes once belonged to the late "Jaws" actor, Roy Scheider. [Billy] Joel bought it for his newlywed wife in 2004."

- At the time, Katie Lee saw it as a lovely gesture. In retrospect, it was just foreshadowing.

"Celine Dion impregnated with embryo stored for eight years..."

- Is that how long they make you wait for IVF in the Canadian Public Health System?

"Soon to be exes Robin Wright and Sean Penn agree to division of property."

- I wonder if she's going to keep the hotel Sean bought her that used to be owned by Anthony Perkins?

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 20, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

mdreader01 -- I hadn't heard of the Perkins hotel before; did it come with a lot of stuffed birds and a lovely old house on a hill? :)

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | August 20, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, I did not know that about Ursula Andress either. Rowwrrrrrr.

And let me say how much I like the "Not News" section. I kind of wish WaPo would expand on it in their main coverage, as a way to prove or disprove general rumors.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | August 20, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I looked at the Sherri Shepard pics and that woman is just built oddly. It's like her lower half is from one body and her upper half is from some other totally different body. Granted, this, unlike her unapologetic ignorance, is not her fault, but still she could decide to just keep her clothes on in the future. I do, however, congratulate her on the weight loss and I hope she is able to maintain the healthier lifestyle (I'm lookin at you Kirstie).

Posted by: VaLGaL | August 20, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

That Jay-Z / bodyguard video makes me laugh. I *love* it when these celebrities act like they don't want to be photographed.

Posted by: jaybbub | August 20, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

OK, Celine's baby was a popsicle for a while. So lets name it Crystal for a girl or Rin for a boy? Other suggestions?

David Copperfield has a chance to show just how good of a magician he really is. Let's see if he can make this disappear.

Ricky's twins, adorable. Aubrey's twins not so much.

Sting's tantric sex stamina a rumor started by Bob Geldof, says Sting's daughter. And she would know this how?? Agree, Ick. Nast. Major skeeviness to comment on one's own father's sex life.

Posted by: hodie | August 20, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

A propos of absolutely nothing, just thought I'd share this with y'all. It's ben a while since we had enjoyed ourselves a little beefcake.

Posted by: jaybbub | August 20, 2009 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Ahhhhhhhhhh, thanks jaybbub. Here, let me share some too (okay, it's not beefcake, but I love his grin):

And for the gentlemen (this is worksafe cheesecake):

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | August 20, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Michael Madsen more recently was Bill's brother in both Kill Bills. He has a 27 year career as a character actor. His sister is Virginia Madsen. He was also in Thelma & Louise with somebody called Brad Pitt, who is now a movie star, but will never be an actor.

Ursula Andress, or Undress as she was known in the old days, did a fabulous spread (no pun intended) for Playboy in the mid 60's and all of the pages graced my college dorm room for years.

And I always thought Paris was not fully engaged.

Posted by: kabuki3 | August 20, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Why, thanks jaybbub, you've brightened my day considerably!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 20, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

"Are you ever worried that, in today's newspaper climate, people WHOSE job it is to cut and paste will be the first to be fired?"-- wiatrol

Considering most local newspapers are already "cutting and pasting" national and international news from the AP, I think Liz's job is in no more jeopardy than any other journalist.

Posted by: zn123 | August 20, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Amelia5, ditto for me. The sooner the better.

If Celine Dion is "very early" in her pregnancy, why announce it?

Hey Phil Spector, people in glass houses ...

Posted by: Californian11 | August 20, 2009 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | August 20, 2009 10:55 AM
==========================
Not sure, but I'm told the mother-in-law suite is outstanding. Just pay no attention to the banging in the pipes when you run the shower.

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 20, 2009 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | August 20, 2009 11:19 AM
============
Thanks. Now I'll have "Ice, ice baby" in my head for the rest of the day.

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 20, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 20, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Oh man, I forgot how horrible Vanilla Ice really was.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 20, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Finally got my hands on the random name generator. Check it out.

Posted by: hodie | August 20, 2009 2:16 PM | Report abuse

I missed the chat today, but in case Liz reads these comments, I'd like to say THANKS for the critter pics. Andy sleeps in adorably funny positions and that pic of Opie's (very impressive) paw was hilarious. Nice talons.

And say hi to camera-shy Page for us. :o)

Posted by: Californian11 | August 20, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

I had the same reaction to Opie's talons--wowsa. Reminds me I have to clip the boys' claws later--the face patting wake up call this morning was a little scary.

Wonder why Liz thinks the Gwynnie-ScarJo conflict is manufactured? There's been quite a few references to it by numerous sources. I guess Liz has been truly GOOPified.

Please, someone, make Jon Gosselin just go away. I totally blame the MSM--article in the LA Times today about the guy on the lam for murdering the "former swimsuit model" was referred to as a "reality tv star". There is NO SUCH THING as a reality tv "star"!!!!!!! They are contestants, or figures, or participants, they are NOT STARS!!!!!

Sorry. Rant over.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | August 20, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

"Whitney Houston to sit down with Oprah" -- let's hope Oprah is already seated, otherwise poor Whitney will go flying off the other end of the couch.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 20, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

td, maybe Oprah can invite Wee Tom to the show, for ballast.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 20, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

td, maybe Oprah can invite Wee Tom to the show, for ballast.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 20, 2009 5:02 PM

He jumps around too much to be effective ballast.

Except possibly in his marriage.

Posted by: northgs | August 20, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse