Posted at 11:00 AM ET, 08/ 5/2009

Introducing: 'The Unclickables'

By Christian Pelusi

"Octomom" (AP/Nick Ut); Chris Brown (Getty Images/Jason Merritt); Trista and Ryan Sutter (AP/Nam Y. Huh) Omarosa (Reuters/Phil McCarten); Katherine Heigl (AP/Mark J. Terrill)

In the business of online content production, journalists like myself aim to make the articles that we edit as attractive as possible to users. Sometimes that means creating a photo gallery to accompany a piece. Other times it's writing an interesting headline to grab a reader's attention. But for some subjects, it means engaging in a Sisyphean task: Drumming up interest in some celebrities that people just do not care about. To many, these (loosely-categorized) stars buzz in and out of the public eye, mere annoyances in their day. At home, they act as visual kryptonite, for when they appear on television, a Pavlovian-like response is initiated with viewers reaching for the remotes like Luke Skywalker grasping for his lightsaber.

Online, I've come to view these people as "The Unclickables." These persons cannot -- no matter their exploits or tribulations -- coax me into even one pageview. They've risen above any schadenfreude and are the veritable space junk that orbits the entertainment world.

Here are five and their stories are well-known so we can dispense with the formal introductions:

1. "Octomom": According to Wikipedia, her full name is Nadya Denise Doud-Suleman Gutierrez. Whatever. The unimaginative media which affixes every scandal with the suffix "-gate" gets points for her nickname. At last bed check, she has a total four daughters and ten sons, each of which will bag $250 a day to star (?) in a reality show that's set to start filming on Sept. 1. You say "exploitation"; Calif. law says "tax base." Give her this: She's the first person to make Ann Curry look effective and tolerable. Try getting through two minutes of this without closing the browser.

2. Chris Brown: As National Organization for Women President Kim Gandy said at the time of his sentencing, where he received five years of supervised probation and six months of community service: "Paris Hilton got more jail time than Chris Brown did for beating a woman to a pulp." Nice to see that some bloggers would rather stay out of the singer's "personal troubles" and prefer to move on to his professional and societal rehabilitation, thanks to the recent viral video of a couple's wedding that incorporated Brown's "Forever." Yeah, nothing like a five-minute choreographed routine to make all of his past transgressions seem frivolous. Guess we should set Nordburg's highlights to "The Sound of Music" to get O.J. back in society's good graces. Sure, some people deserve a second chance, but read the police report and transcript and see if this willful, knowing abuser deserves one.

3. Trista and Ryan Sutter: Through a hunger for all things free, the ABC promotional machine and sheer will, I give you the most sickly visible "Bachelorette" couple that actually survived life after the reality cameras stopped rolling. Much like Punxsutawney Phil, they pop up once a year during the newest incarnation of "The Bachelor"/"The Bachelorette" to show that love can indeed find a way. They make the list as a couple but really, how can I dislike Ryan since he's a mere marionette and probably had no say in having their seven-figure (paid for by ABC), Pepto-splashed wedding televised for a national audience? Twenty-six million viewers will disagree with this one, but I'm okay with that.

4. Omarosa Manigault Stallworth: Another hatchling from reality television, this woman proves that being a miserable shrew without any sort of marketable talent can be enough to produce a pseudo-career. Think two stints on "The Apprentice" isn't a career? Check out her Web site, which proclaims that she is the only former contestant "EVER to be invited back into the boardroom." Keeping her prominently self-promoted charity work in mind, Omarosa is more in the realm of an annoyance and a tightly packaged product than a blight on society. But after allegedly appearing on over 20 other reality shows, I think we've seen the entire range of this one-note performer.

5. Katherine Heigl: This outspoken actress's public lambastings of "Knocked Up" and "Grey's Anatomy" have been red meat for entertainment blogs, with the latter resulting in a fat new contract and a months-long story arc that had her on death's door longer than "The English Patient." Her persona and comments shove her across the line that divides hard-working, strong-willed, independent women and into the camp of rude, abrasive and spoiled actresses. That that perception was recently reaffirmed with her appearance on "The Late Show With David Letterman." Her spot as the top woman in AskMen.com's 2008 poll was even more of a head-scratcher until I voted in the poll, only to find that 85 percent of the more than 69,000 voters would not have placed her there. No one has outlined the person that Heigl appears to be better than New York Magazine's Emma Rosenblum.

Honorable mentions: Amy Winehouse, Shia LaBeouf, Lady Gaga, Michael Bay. Drop in the celebrities that you cannot bear in our comments section.

Christian Pelusi, a Senior Producer for Entertainment News and Books, still misses Phil Hartman.

By Christian Pelusi  | August 5, 2009; 11:00 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Pop Culture  | Tags:  chris brown, katherine heigl, octomom, omarosa, trista sutter
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Paula Abdul Bids Adieu to 'Idol'
Next: Steven Tyler Injured After Stage Fall

Comments

Christian, since you are a guest, I will go easy on you. The unimaginative media did not coin "Octomom." The incredibly imaginative, witty and wonderful Lizards right here did.

Posted by: epjd | August 5, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Oh and the couple who walked down the aisle to the Chris Brown song are now fundraising for a domestic violence organization Minn. So, they are not trying to rehab Chris Brown, they are actually using his music against him.

Posted by: epjd | August 5, 2009 11:10 AM | Report abuse

As someone who actually knew Trista Sutter when she was shaking her pom-pons in Junior High, I have to say there was no clue she would actually become a nationally-known (and avoided) non-celebrity. The whole neighborhood did know that her mom was a big-time protoypical Stage Mom.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 5, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Hey epjd,
Actually, I said some bloggers are looking to move Brown along publicly, not the wedding party people.
Best -- Christian

Posted by: Christian_Pelusi | August 5, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Hmmmm. I seem to remember commenting the other day about William Shatner, saying I just couldn't click on the video link. Just couldn't do it. Does this mean Liz reads this stuff? (If so, I'm still waiting to see if it's okay that I wear cargo shorts 'cause they're almost like pleats.) But, for more unclickables, I'd have to go with Lost. I'm just not Lost. Even if Julie Burke lives here on Bainbridge Island. Oh, yeah, and pretty much anyone clothed who was born after 1985.

Posted by: kabuki3 | August 5, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Oh, a guest. Well, maybe he reads the comments. Was he born before 1985?

Posted by: kabuki3 | August 5, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

If the above list of folks represent categories of non-stardom, I would replace Chris Brown in the "Hip Hop Thug" category with R. Kelly.

In the "Couples" category, Heincer.

In the "Single Reality TV Star" category, Richard Hatch.

In the "Actress" category, Ms. Heigl is definitely in first place, but Denise Richards gives her a strong run for her money.

Posted by: northgs | August 5, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Speidi--I loathe them and wish the coverage would stop.

Posted by: jcb1978 | August 5, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse

I would choose Borat, Bruno, Cohen, whatever his name is, as someone who takes up more space and uses more oxygen than he deserves.

And don't get me wrong, I'm sure she's a dear but I really don't want to hear anything else about Susan Boyle. Wasn't it enough that I had to hear this morning that she has done a "glamorous" Vanity Fair spread?

And I am with you on Heincer, northgs. For "nobodys" they get a lot of time here on Lizard Island.

Posted by: hodie | August 5, 2009 11:45 AM | Report abuse

In no particular order:

1. Heincer, Heincer, Heincer and Heincer.

2. Lindsay Lohan and the entire Lohan family.

3. Andy Dick (he could spontaneously combust on the freeway and unless there were other casualties, I wouldn't care.)

4. Hugh Hefner. Then Playboy Mansion has become a nursing home. How is this interesting?

5. CNN Headline News Network. I'd watch Richard Simmons on QVC before I'd watch anything on HLN, as they insist on referring to themselves.

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 5, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse

I also agree with the assessment on "Lost." Don't get it, never will. Feel the same about "24" and pretty much all of the vampire tv shows.

Now TURN THAT NOISE DOWN! I'm trying to watch my Mary Tyler Moore Show reruns....

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 5, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

i have to agree with Shia LaBeouf. i just don't get it. the few time i've "clicked" him, he comes off as a spoiled brat who thinks he's the sh*t. now that is behavior that i can tolerate in a more attractive - or even more talented - actor. but he isn't hot (at best maybe kinda cute) and he isn't that talented as far as i can tell. Besides being boyishly charming in Holes has he done anything else decent? Someone please fill me in if i am missing something. And don't even suggest Indiana Jones!

Posted by: y1776 | August 5, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

I don't want to click on any of it (except for Eminem's latest attack on Mariah Carey, that was awesome). That's why I come here to get it wrapped up in a nice little soundbite form in the mornings. :)

Posted by: eet7e | August 5, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Ashton Kutcher,
Mischa Barton,
Madonna,
Gwynneth Paltrow,
Any and all Lohans
Any and all Spears
3/4 of the Baldwin Brothers

Posted by: memphis1 | August 5, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Is it revealing a trade secret to point out that one can snark on just about any Celebritology subject without clicking on a single link?

Of course, the men *all* click on ScarJo links and the women on the Daniel Craig ones.

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 5, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Liz, this is an excellent idea for an entry. Are you able to count who brings your blog the most/least clicks when their mugs are at the top of your page?

My unclickables- Jim Carrey, Madonna, Oprah, and any E!/VH1 celebronaut (Denise Richards, Brett Michaels, Kendra, etc)

Posted by: molsonmich | August 5, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

memphis
3/4 of the Baldwin Brothers

Are you speaking in the Solomonic sense?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 5, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Easy- Jon & Kate Gosselin. I wish they would dry up already.

Did anyone else have a really hard time choosing only one option for the poll? I still can't decide. They're all disgusting.

Posted by: surlychick | August 5, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

surlychick, I agree it wasn't easy to decide, not to mention all the deserving candidates omitted from the poll. However, it eventually came down to Octomom's behavior potentially adversely affecting the most other people (her 14 kids).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 5, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Being a mother of teens that have LOVED watching Chris Brown since he first came on the scene, I would like to disagree 100% with him being demonized any more than the mainstream media has already done. I am sure I'm the only person on this post that had ever seen or heard of this kid before the Rihanna incident. And what I saw always was a very respectful,humble,fun loving, drug free kid who's love of dance,amuzement parks, comics- and all things fun,but wholesome for teens was a breath of fresh air from the spoiled,druggie,dui,shopaholic young celebs out today.It disgusts me that he is being so outcast when A-list celebs such as Jack Nicholson,Charlie Sheen,Sean Penn,Christian Bale,Mickey Rourke,Rob Lowe have done so much worse to their mates and not one time did I hear that they were 'unclickables'.Look at how their careers have flourished.So I'm sick of the refences to O.J, why not bring up Robert Blake and I'm sick of the demonization of this kid. I read the police report - but it did not say one word about what Rihanna was doing. It's just a one sided description given by a 20 year old that was hysterical and obssessed with her 'boyfriend' and, yes hurt way more emotionally than physically, that her 19 year old boyfriend had the audacity to receive a text message from a former lover - even though he had broken off a relationship with her. The fact that he tried to get her out of the car and that she had slapped him before and most likely escalted this to violence that night, were never mentioned. None of that can excuse him for over reacting to her violence and hysterics. But they will both mature and live on after this incident. And I am one humdred percent sure, that this was totally out of character for Chris, that he truly didn't know how to deal with Rihanna's agressivenss and her obsessiveness and that, unlike Paris Hilton, who could have killed many by driving drunk, it will only take one warning for him to never fall into this type of situation again.Paris did have several dui's and warnings BEFORE she went to jail. It's not like they sent her to jail for one dui - she was just rich,spoiled and arrogant and wasn't going to stop because she knows that she is the 'elite' of this society and won't be treated harshly like Brown has been treated. And she was right. Even after wrecklessly driving while intoxicated several times and putting many people's lives at risk,she has moved on with TV shows and with her fabulosity even though she in all honesty, posed a greater threat to society with her drunken driving than Chris Brown 'fighting' with Rihanna.

Posted by: asdf53 | August 5, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Good point, Nosy. Those poor kids.

asdf53, way to blame the victim! Of course it's all Rihanna's fault; she MADE him bloody her face up. She was just asking for it.

sheesh.

Posted by: surlychick | August 5, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Paris Hilton
Jon & Kate
Jackson family members

Posted by: jjohnson222002 | August 5, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Uh oh, the crazies are starting to show up.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 5, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Jennifer Anniston. Why she continues to make news is beyond me.

And Jon & Kate.

Posted by: marybindc | August 5, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Paris Hilton, Oprah and what Nosy said.

Posted by: kirstenpaulson | August 5, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Miley Cyrus and the Olsen twins. Yuck.

On the other hand, for those of you who play "Apples to Apples" - I like to use "Miley Cyrus" as the example for adjectives like "horrifying," "unspeakable," or "frightening."

Posted by: GroovisMaximus61 | August 5, 2009 1:03 PM | Report abuse

asdf53 -- yeah, one sided -- except for the HOSPITAL records. This was not a he said/she said thing. She was hospitalized from the severe beating Brown gave her. Domestic violence never gets a pass.

OJ was demonized even after acquittal. Same with Robert Blake, you don't see people giving a darn about him now (okay they probably were not before).

Paris Hilton did not hurt anyone. Unlike Chris Brown.

I could go on. The point is Chris Brown admitted that he beat Rihanna. He was punished with probation for it.

If you are going to hold him out as a role model because he doesn't smoke, drink and likes comic books and amusement parks, then you also have to take into account that he beat his girlfriend bloody. The same person does all those things.

Posted by: epjd | August 5, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

asdf53, I get what you're saying. I would agree to this degree-- it is too early to completely demonize him. We need to see what he makes of himself from here on out. I'd say the same for Michael Vick, who appears to be tentatively attempting to re-establish his athletic career.

Maybe I'm naive, but I still believe in redemption. I just wonder how easy it is to achieve when you are always in the celebrity spotlight. It's hard sometimes when you're not. John Waters has a fascinating series on one member of the Manson family on The Huffington Post this week that is well worth reading.

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 5, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Hey Groovis, I love Apples to Apples. What a great idea to make a Celebritology edition with cards of all Celebrities and noteworthys to choose from to exemplify the adjective card. That would be fun. Who wants to play?

Posted by: hodie | August 5, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | August 5, 2009 1:43 PM

Sounds like a fun game for the Tiki Bar, and we've already got a "starter kit" of celebs: Celine Dion, Dane Cook, Woody Allen, and John Mayer.

Posted by: northgs | August 5, 2009 1:58 PM | Report abuse

hodie - can we use deceased celebrities? I always like getting the "Princess Diana" and "Eleanor Roosevelt" cards. They cover a lot of ground.....

Posted by: GroovisMaximus61 | August 5, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 5, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Daniel Craig in a swimsuit is.......nice.

Posted by: jezebel3 | August 5, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

I just want to point out that I voted for Katharine Heigl here.

OctoMom? Sensationalist media hype that she glommed onto opportunistically. For a woman that troubled, it's not surprising.

Chris Brown? What? A 20 year old rapper with a background of domestic violence in his family is violent towards his girlfriend? I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.

Trista/Ryan - as Liz pointed out, they aren't in the press that much - just trotted out as a successful Bachelorette pairing. Since I don't watch The Bachelor or The Bachelorette, I could give a cr@p.

Omarosa - don't get her, don't like her. But I can understand why she keeps popping up. She's an attractive, obviously smart and devious woman who is good for the occasional un-PC/snide remark that generates traffic to a web site. In other words, people love to hate her.

And Ms. Heigl. Ms. Heigl is a professional actress. She has been so since she was a teenager. She should know by now how the industry works and what is expected of her. She sees more money from filming 22 episodes of one show or starring in one movie that most average families will retire upon (even minus commissions, fees and taxes). Yet she feels the need to complain about it. A lot.

If what feels like this last chance they are giving her on "Grey's Anatomy" hasn't woken her up to the incredible amount of luck she possesses, then she just doesn't get it. Which is why she annoys me the most - because she should know better and she doesn't.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | August 5, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Chris Brown - I think he horribly beat Rhianna, but I also hope that things get better. I hope he understands that he did something that is completely wrong and that he learns how to control his temper and to never act like that again.

I hope Rhianna learns how to avoid abusive relationships. I don't blame her for anything UNLESS he hit her before. The beatings only get worse. Leave the first time.

To me, Chris Brown represents the difficulty of breaking the abuse cycle - WAY before he beat up Rhianna, he described how his stepfather beat his mother and how horrible that was. He probably never wanted to repeat this behavior. He reminds me of Robert Downey, Jr who I had no sympathy for b/c I couldn't understand why he was such a drug addict, UNTIL I learned that his father started giving him drugs at age 10 or 11.

So, I guess I'm sort of rooting for Chris Brown - break the cycle. Use your community service to explain the damage done to the specators (not only to the targets) of domestic violence. Heal yourself. He pled guilty and has a felony conviction - I think he's paying his debt to society. I hope he can learn how to have a healthy relationship.

Posted by: Amelia5 | August 5, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Courtney Love
but you all know that

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | August 5, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Groovis we can definitely use the old, retired and/or deceased as well. Hey, and just for kicks, we can put our own screen names in as well in case we have to put down a card for hirsute or something like that.

Posted by: hodie | August 5, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 5, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

I am also all for redemption. But how about they (Brown and Vick) do something to deserve my forgiveness before I forgive them. They are celebrities in the public eye, and whether we like or or not, that makes them role models. Kids see these guys making tons of money and getting everything they want and they are going to emulate that behavior. Getting caught and serving their criminal sentences does not mean they have accepted that they did something horribly wrong (in both cases they abused and harmed other living, feeling beings). I have seen nothing from either celebrity that shows me they are truly sorry and want to make changes in their lives. In fact it seems that both have mostly been sorry for getting caught, not for what they did. Maybe once I have seen them do something to change I can consider letting these issues go.

Posted by: mwalkerg | August 5, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

mdreader, I get you on the redemption thing. Hopefully, Chris Brown can turn it around.
(Frieda, don't let the wonderdog read this part)
Michael Vick however does not deserve another chance. His crime was not a one time thing. He and his buddies said long ago that the first one to make money will use that to finance a dog fighting operation. His FIRST bonus check from the NFL went to set up the dog fighting business. He continued to fight dogs for 7 years, electrocuting or slamming to the ground or drowning the dogs deemed not tough enough to fight. If his cousin had not been busted for drugs which led to the VA farm where the dogs were, he would still be fighting them. It was not a mistake. It was not his first time fighting dogs. It was a lifestyle for seven years. His only regret was getting caught and it cost him the millions of dollars he used to fund that lifestyle.

He still doesn't get either, as you can see by his bankruptcy filing. In that filing he basically wanted to keep all his toys (literally) and leave his creditors with nothing.

So, yeah, no redemption arc for Vick.

Posted by: epjd | August 5, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Could someone propose names of any celebs who have genuinely reformed their once criminal or cruel ways (and I'm not talking just about getting clean and sober, although that's also admirable, but it's well-covered ground already)?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 5, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

mdrreader, maybe it's just me, but I will never ever get over my fear and loathing of Michael Vick. It takes a seriously sick, sociopathic personality to torture animals to death. It's no coincidence that most murderers have a history of animal abuse. Prison doesn't fix that.

As for Chris Brown, as far as we know this was a one-time incident (although it's hard to believe). He snapped, became violent. He got caught, he will serve his punishment and presumably get counseling. Given time and good behavior and lack of repeat offense, one could give him the benefit of the doubt on the "one-time" rage incident.

As for the unclickables, tetradacamom makes me gag. Heincer. Heigl. Jon and Kate. Miley. Lindsay. Paris. shudder. Just typing their names.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | August 5, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

okay - so for the word "gallant," I'm throwing in the Chris Brown card. For either "compassionate" or "tenderhearted" I'm going to use Micheal Vick.

Posted by: GroovisMaximus61 | August 5, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Wonder why no one said Megan Fox. Guess she's OK if you turn down the sound.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 5, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Nosy - How about Sean Penn? As far we know, he doesn't beat on Princess Buttercup, but weren't there indications that he did beat on Madonna? He also hasn't hit any photogs lately that I am aware of.

Or Eminem? He hasn't been arrested lately has he?

Posted by: VaLGaL | August 5, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: VaLGaL | August 5, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

That's because she's guarded by Fezzik and Inigo Montoya. Plus, she's got that crazy fire swamp where she can hide.

Posted by: GroovisMaximus61 | August 5, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

VaL.GaL.
He hasn't been arrested lately has he?

This raised additional issues: How well behaved does a celeb have to be to be considered a reformed character, and for how long?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 5, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Not to mention the Dread Pirate Roberts

Posted by: VaLGaL | August 5, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker

Yes, exactly! Is Britney reformed? Paris? Neither one has flashed her lady bits or shaved her head or had a driving "incident" or whatever recently. So, are they reformed, or just on hiatus?

Posted by: VaLGaL | August 5, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Sometimes it's just old age that carms down a randy celeb. Think of Charlie Chaplin, once he married 18-year-old Oon O'Neill when he was 54 and proceeded to father a passel of kids with her.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 5, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Gah! Oona.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 5, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

I was having this conversation with my family this past weekend about Michael Vick. Although I believe in second chances, blah blah blah, I just don't want him to be able to be able to go back and make millions. Couldn't he get his second chance working at McDonald's?

Posted by: zn123 | August 5, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Agree whole heartedly on non-forgiveness for Vick. My sister who lives in SC had her dog stolen right out of her yard which they suspect was to be a bait dog for the local dog fighting rings. They knew she was stolen because someone had removed her collar she wore for the underground fence and left it in the middle of the yard. Apparently several others in the area lost their dogs in the same manner. It is horrible! ---Groovis, I see you play opposites on Apple to Apples. I have a 12 yr old niece whom I can rely on to always pick the card (when she is judge) that is the most funny or idiotic, like "picking one's nose" or "limburger cheese". I suppose she would just have to settle for Octomom.

Posted by: hodie | August 5, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Let's not bash the wedding party dancing to "Forever" any more than we beat up the English professor who assigns "Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening."

Robert Frost was well-known in his time for being immeasurably cruel to his family and friends.

We still haven't come to terms on if we can, or should, separate the accomplishments from the felon. But let's leave the newlyweds out of it until we do.

Posted by: cfow1 | August 5, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Val Gal, I'm not sure that serial whack-jobs are ever "reformed" they just fly under the radar from time to time.

zn, I agree 100%. The "he's paid his price to society" crowd all seem to think he's entitled to an NFL career and all of its attendant glory and money. The hell with that.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | August 5, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | August 5, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

We absolutely play opposites! There are some cards in the deck that are comic gold - including the nose picking card. For maximum effect, the game should be played with actual teens/pre-teens or their mental/emotional equivalents. I'm the latter.

Posted by: GroovisMaximus61 | August 5, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

May I please join the Apples to Apples game? It's my favorite!

Posted by: Osteph | August 5, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Osteph, you're in!

Posted by: hodie | August 5, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

1. chris brown
2. chris brown
3. chris brown
4. chris brown
you get the drift. he's a criminal, a beater of women. the rest are just annoying people.

Posted by: frieda406 | August 6, 2009 2:20 AM | Report abuse

Frieda, don't let the wonderdog read this part)
****
frankie is in complete agreement. she'd love to give him an attitude adjustment.

Posted by: frieda406 | August 6, 2009 2:27 AM | Report abuse

also, epjd, love the wonderdog appellation for frankie. she will wear it well. frankie the wonderdog. and indeed she is.

Posted by: frieda406 | August 6, 2009 2:28 AM | Report abuse

Madonna
Jennifer Anniston
Britney Spears

Katherine Heigl looks like Jiminy Cricket to me.

Posted by: rw-c | August 6, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

"Katherine Heigl looks like Jiminy Cricket to me.

Posted by: rw-c | August 6, 2009 11:27 AM"

Comment of the week! Awesomeness, rw-c!

Posted by: auntieW | August 6, 2009 6:38 PM | Report abuse