Posted at 8:40 AM ET, 08/28/2009

Jeremy Piven Wins Sushi-Gate Arbitration; Madonna Booed in Romania

By Liz Kelly
Friday

Headlines: Jeremy Piven cleared in sushi-gate contract dispute... Mischa Barton blames post-wisdom teeth extraction nightmare for hospital stay, not mental breakdown... Michael Jackson's dermatologist has no plans to seek guardianship of Jackson kids... Heroin not found in search of Jackson's home... Beatles edge out Jackson on list of Wikipedia's most-searched terms... Claire Danes said she made choice to date then-attached Billy Crudup with "integrity"... Anne Heche's ex "disturbed" by her Letterman remarks... Madonna booed in Romania for featuring gypsy dancers... Megan Fox prefers kissing girls (at least on film)... "American Pie's" Jason Biggs attacked by monkey... George Clooney closed car door on hand, says rep... John Mayer owes TMZ $25,000 for posting mug shot... Parker Posey diagnosed with Lyme disease... Jon Gosselin gets stitches after cabinet collision... Laura Linney set for Showtime series "The C Word" (as in cancer).

Pix: Rihanna's Vogue Italy cover... A little PDA for Gerard Butler and Jennifer Aniston?... Amy Winehouse paints freckles on her nose.

Rumor Mill: Paula Abdul in talks to launch her own Las Vegas revue?... Did Chris Brown's post-sentencing night out violate his probation?

Say What?
"You see this whole thing isn't about Chris it's about God. He wants to show all of you the goodness of him through Chris." -- Joyce Hawkins speaks out after her son, Chris Brown, was sentenced to five years probation and community service for assaulting Rihanna.

Transcript: Thursday's Celebritology Live chat with special guest E! Online Answer Bitch Leslie Gornstein.

By Liz Kelly  | August 28, 2009; 8:40 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hey Starlets, Give This Trend the Boot
Next: DJ AM's Autopsy Inconclusive

Comments

Huh, the Madonna story was not what I expected. She was probably clumsy and heavy-handed about it, but go, Madonna, call those suckers on their bigotry.

Posted by: em15 | August 28, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Jeremy Piven may not be responsible for leaving Speed but he still owes us for Very Bad Things.

I'm all for letting Megan Fox kiss as many girls on screen as she wants.

According to Jason Biggs, being attacked by a monkey was still a better experience than working with Dane Cook.

If Chris Brown is the one to show us the goodness of God then I'm switching to Buddhism.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 28, 2009 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Sorry to get so serious this early, but...

em, I agree with you re Madonna: the Roma people are still the target of much bigotry. Madonna may have been a bit "clumsy and heavy-handed" as you say, but I do believe her views are commendable and that her heart's genuinely in the right place re this human rights issue (am I actually saying something that nice re her? OMG!). The same can never be said of those who booed her over this, however. Incidentally, the only North American celebrity I can think of offhand who's openly come out and admitted to part-Gypsy ancestry is Canadian Jill Hennessey, of "Law & Order" and "Crossing Jordan" fame. Can anyone think of anyone else?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 28, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

"Michael Jackson's dermatologist has no plans to seek guardianship of Jackson kids..." but maybe in 2 or 3 years when Paris starts to break out...

So the people who don't like Madonna include the Catholic Church and racists. She's sounding more and more like my kind of girl.

""American Pie's" Jason Biggs attacked by monkey..." Monkey proclaims, "But we're in LOOOOOOVE!!!!!"

Clooney has a busted hand and Jon Gosselin has stitches and the best the gossips can do is 'two separate acidents'? Come on, people...

Joyce Hawkins: more proof that some people will believe anything.

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 28, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Chris Brown's mom

NoNoNo, it's NOT! It's all about Chris taking personal adult responsibility for his own decisions and actions. Period. If this is how his mom thinks (despite having herself been a victim of domestic abuse) and presumably also how his father-the-abuser thinks, little wonder Chris turned out the way he did. Who will teach Chris to man up and behave responsibly in life?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 28, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Liz, I know these reports are about The Michael, but "Michael Jackson's dermatologist has no plans to seek guardianship" and "Heroin not found in search of Jackson's home" STILL belong under Not News. News outlets sure have a lot of nerve talking about Ted Kennedy all the time while MJ is still dead (or not).

Yeah, Mischa, "wisdom teeth." Yeah, George, "slammed in a car door." Those are the tickets, guys.

Liz, I don't see freckles as blemishes, whether real or not. Do you?

Heche's ex was "disturbed" but not "surprised."

Madge's will lecture Croatians on discrimination against Serbs, followed by complaints in Ireland about anti-English discrimination. It is certainly admirable for celebs to espouse causes, but there are times to STFU.

Sure Joyce, God told Chris it was OK to beat the s**t out of women.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 28, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse

PS I didn't know Jon Gosselin even KNEW Barack Obama.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 28, 2009 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Nosy,

I can't check on this b/c my work blocks IMDB, but I think I read that Fairuza Balk (sp?) from "The Craft" and "The Waterboy" has Gypsy heritage, and even has a tattoo for it. (Though I could be thinking of the wrong person entirely)

Can someone sum up the Claire Danes article for me? It's blocked for me.

Thanks!

Posted by: starbuck13 | August 28, 2009 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Chris Brown's mom ought to be thanking God that her son's not sitting in a prison cell for assault.

I seriously wish the paparazzi would give Aniston a break.

Sorry so grouchy!

Posted by: kvs09 | August 28, 2009 9:55 AM | Report abuse

kvs,
Normally I don't defend paps, but I think Jen has made herself fair game.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 28, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

reddragon1 is right about those being Not News items. Who thought MJ took heroin? And I'm not seeking custody of the kids either, in case you wondered.

Jeremy Piven also owes us for when he sumo-wrestled on prime time TV.

People pay money and travel to concert venues to hear Madonna sing and dance, not to hear her ill-informed opinions about local culture. When Madonna decides to live in Romania and campaign for gypsy rights and/or begins adoption proceedings for a gypsy child, I might change my tune. But don't bet on it.

Laura Linney is a fine actress, but if you want to see a much better actress tackle a cancer story, rent Emma Thompson in "Wit." Phenomenal. Though seeing Laura Linney and Parker Posey together in today's Morning Mix makes me want to dig out my VHS copy of "Tales of the City."

And hey, Chris Brown's Mother, tell me what goodness God is trying to show through Rihanna, because your son sure tried to make a mess of it.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 28, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

starbuck, here's a slightly expurgated part of a ¶ from the Danes article (but will Gwyneth Paltrow sue for libel?):

[Danes] waxed philosophical about how “we just can’t shake monogamy… It definitely demands a kind of rigor and discipline and selflessness.” Coming from the young woman who dumped Ben Lee to have an affair/relationship with Billy Crudup (who was with the then-seven-months pregnant Mary Louise Parker) and then dump/cheat on Billy for current squeeze/fiancée Hugh Dancy, well, it all seemed a bit rich. And by “rich” I mean “hypocritical asinine bullsh-t”. It gets worse, though. Because now the complete interview is out, and Claire seems so far stuck up her own a$$, she’s giving Dame Gwyneth Paltrow a run for her goopiness...

[Here's a quote from the interview referenced on the post]: The pair [Danes and Crudup] began dating after they met on the set of 2004’s Stage Beauty. “That was a choice I made to fall in love. It’s unpleasant to be cast in such an unflattering role, but I just had to remain steadfast..."

nosy_parker sez: Um, no you didn't.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 28, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

starbuck, you are right about Fairuza Balk, who I had never heard of before.

Here is the guts of the Claire Danes article,
"Last week, Jaybird covered an early excerpt from Claire Danes’ interview with BlackBook Magazine. The excerpt seemed to show Claire in an unpleasant light as she waxed philosophical about how “we just can’t shake monogamy… It definitely demands a kind of rigor and discipline and selflessness.” Coming from the young woman who dumped Ben Lee to have an affair/relationship with Billy Crudup (who was with the then-seven-months pregnant Mary Louise Parker) and then dump/cheat on Billy for current squeeze/fiancée Hugh Dancy, well, it all seemed a bit rich. And by “rich” I mean “hypocritical asinine bullsh-t”. It gets worse, though. Because now the complete interview is out, and Claire seems so far stuck up her own ass, she’s giving Dame Gwyneth Paltrow a run for her goopiness.

Claire answers questions about her relationship with Billy Crudup, and she uses words like “choice” and “integrity”. She whines about how the controversy that relationship caused was “unavoidable”. As in, she couldn’t avoid his wang? When she tries to explain how she feels knowing Hugh Dancy is The One, she says “I can apply myself in other ways now. I have more time and energy to get sh-t done.” Because her schedule was so grueling what with all the homewrecking? "

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 28, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

sorry liz, nosy submitted while I was still cutting and pasting.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 28, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 28, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Nosy and reddragon!

I was dying to know how she would be able to describe her actions as being carried out with integrity. Before the Billy Crudup scandal, I had always thought she seemed down to earth and sensible.

Guess I was wrong!

Posted by: starbuck13 | August 28, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Fairuza Balk starred in "Return to Oz" and was billed as this upcoming talent (she was really good as Dorothy). She also did "The Worst Witch" and "Valmont" and got good reviews. Then around the time of "The Craft" she started to come across as this unrestrained mess on-screen. But she's still working quite a bit, per IMDb.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 28, 2009 10:19 AM | Report abuse

I know Heincer wasn't mentioned in the Morning Mix, but I just had to share this from Anderson Cooper about Heidi's performance the other night.

Posted by: zn123 | August 28, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

This page (http://www.imninalu.net/famousGypsies.htm) says that Yul Brynner, Charlie Chaplin, Michael Caine, Zamfir and Elvis (!), among others, have Romany ancestors.

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 28, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

And in another sign that my childhood is dying, today is last day of Reading Rainbow.- Dorkus

DDDDDD:

I...I...BAAAAAAAWWWWWW! /retreats to corner, clutching "Winnie-The-Pooh" and sobbing

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | August 28, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

reddragon, it's just a matter that great minds think alike! Danes sounds truly appalling, based on her own words.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 28, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

i'm with nosy re Danes... though I wouldnt let Cruddup off this short little list of 'people you wouldn't want to know IRL'

What the hell is wrong with people - the 2 more months soon to be mother of his child isnt doing it for him - so Claire thinks to herself 'oh yeah, i want some of that'. No. Just no. I swear there's a whole swath of people who see relationships so totally differently than I do... god but they're shallow.

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | August 28, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Reading Rainbow canceled? Not only did Geordi never get laid, his best work gets canceled. *sigh

"Take a look. It's in a book. Its Reading Raiinn-boooooooow." :-(

Posted by: jelo97 | August 28, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

I'm feeling a whole lot of "meh" about the celebs today. So I'll just use my opportunity to send out the love to The Swayze. We love you, Patrick!

Posted by: jaybbub | August 28, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

I too have some Romany heritage... (which means soon to arrive little guy will too)

Posted by: LTL1 | August 28, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

How does she not realize she sounds like a b*tch? If you view love as a choice, then don't choose to fall in love with someone with a very pregnant girlfriend. I'm with the author of the article, I always hated Crudup for this and just thought what the hell is Claire Danes thinking. Now, I've got to join the Claire-hate team too. Does she not see how she is perpetuating/encouraging people's disdain by talking like this? Unreal.

On a note more in tune with reality and things that are important... so sad that Reading Rainbow is ending. I don't understand the rationale that teaching a child to love reading, or at least spark an interest, is no longer important. So sad...

Posted by: y1776 | August 28, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Note to men -- if Meghan Fox likes kissing girls, she won't be kissing you.

Apparently God wants people to party after becoming a convicted felon (Vick, Chris Brown).

Posted by: epjd | August 28, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Man, the comments people have made on that Claire Danes article are brutal. A few references to Gwynneth Paltrow; here's one that isn't NSFW:

"Can Goopy and mini-Goopy team up and make a terrible Gloopy mess somewhere so that the world hates them and they disappear?"

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 28, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Your favorite out-of-work educator here… I heard on NPR this morn, and it jives with what current thinking is, that Reading Rainbow’s model doesn’t square with current practices of teaching kids how to read. The current model focuses more on phonics and phonemes, whereas Reading Rainbow mostly focuses on getting kids excited about books, NOT how to read. The current PBS show “Super Why” is an example of teaching kids to read using current practices. (For the record, I see nothing wrong with a show that gets kids excited to read.) My sister was on Reading Rainbow recommending The Fire Cat. I’m still jealous.

Reading those Claire Danes quotes gives me the mental image of poor, tortured Angela Chase. Life’s not faaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr……

AKA River City Roller

Posted by: RiverCityVA | August 28, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Here's another one: "She makes Goop look attractive…she’s more like Gunk!!"

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 28, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Man, busy morning = people beating me to the punch this morning! TD brought up Ms Balk's debut in Return to Oz (which I had recently rented from Netflix).
Jaybub beat me to the Friday love for Swayze.
Reddragon beat me to the punch about Jon Gosselin and the presidental cabinet.

But!!!
Anyone else feel that Jason Biggs being attacked by the monkey was payback - or life imitating art - from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back? He got his butt kicked by a chimp in that movie, after alluding to the fact that the monkey was gay.

Posted by: eet7e | August 28, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Is it a coincidence that the Megan Fox item is right next to the Anne Heche item? I think not.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 28, 2009 12:14 PM | Report abuse

I hope no one misconscrewed my remarks about Madonna. The Romany rock. Madge just needs to STFU about stuff she knows nothing about.

Also gay monkeys. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 28, 2009 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Chris Brown is only twenty years old? Seems like he's been annoying me for almost that long.

Posted by: bobsewell | August 28, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Note to men -- if Meghan Fox likes kissing girls, she won't be kissing you.-ep

*********************************************

That's true but I already calculated the odds of Megan Fox kissing me are pretty low to begin with.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 28, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

I hope that dentist who worked on Amy Wine-o has had all his/her shots!

Claire Danes ... ugh. She and Megan Fox seriously need to STFU.

Incidentally, shall we start a pool right now on the over/under of the Danes/Dancy marriage's lifespan? Note to Hugh: if she'll do it with ya, she'll do it to ya ...

Posted by: Californian11 | August 28, 2009 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Maybe the dermatologist won't pursue guardianship because he knows he's not the bio dad. Am I the only one who sees a resemblance between the Jackson 3 and the rest of the Jackson clan? I will freely admit that I hope MJ's the bio dad because I think all of these people coming out of the woodwork are disgusting.

Posted by: TigerLily81 | August 28, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Hey River City Roller,

After I finished my M.Ed., I found myself unemployed at the start of the school year after working in public schools for 5 years. Let me know if you need some advice or a place to vent about your situation. My employment issues were a direct result of NCLB.

Mz. Fitz

Posted by: MzFitz | August 28, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

hey liz,

When will we know the Lizzie categories?

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 28, 2009 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Joyce Hawkins, your God is not mine.

Claire Danes needs to learn to keep her mouth shut. While it does take two to tango and all that... All we need to know about her is that she's pretty on the outside - we can do without the ugly on the inside.

Posted by: northgs | August 28, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Is the afternoon post called on account of rain?

Posted by: epjd | August 28, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Tigerliliy, I see a tiny resemblance with the older son, the one who was sitting in the front row at the funeral and maybe with Blanket. I don't see it with Paris and Prince.

Or it's my imagination.

Posted by: Guest1234 | August 28, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

pssst, ep, if Liz is away that means we mice, er Lizards, can play. Maybe type in foreign languages, or open up the Tiki Bar early. TGIF!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 28, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Everyone already gone to the tiki bar?

Ugh is right on Claire Danes. Does she seriously think she's doing herself any GOOD saying stuff like that? I used to like her as an actress but now I probably can't watch her without thinking what a overwhelming sense of entitlement and self-absorption she's got. And she looks dreadful on that cover.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | August 28, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Is it only us left-coasters left? ;-) I'm all for adjourning to the tiki bar with an ice-cold something, as it's hotter than heck here in Southern Cal.

I'd like to invite Mary Louise Parker to join us, so we can all raise our glasses to how much better off she is w/o Billy Crud.

Posted by: Californian11 | August 28, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Hi, cat and Californian! I'm still online, working hard on a Sep. 1 deadline, and glad of a little online company to keep me alert.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 28, 2009 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Californian, I agree that Mary Louise is better off with Crud, but feel sorry for their child, who's blameless in all this mess, but will doubtless suffer lifelong repercussions from his sperm-donor's behavior (I consider Crud unworthy of the appellation "Father").

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 28, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

i'm here. just finished reading everyone's witty comments. hard to keep up. it's 109 and climbing here in phoenix. we're stayed in the house like moles today. just read where the conclusion is homicide in the michael jackson case. yet another big surprise. next will be the dr's arrest. this is really a sorry tale of incompetence, money, pressure, you name it. suicide by doctor.
claire danes is a moron. she violated the all girl rule by snatching up someone else's boyfriend, while that woman was pregnant. terrible. i can't stomach her. or that twit gwyneth. ack. gack.
chris brown's mother is another moron. enabler. no responsibility. no sense. he'll do it again unless he really pays attention in his dv classes. we'll see. if he's already out partying, shows his perception is off.

Posted by: frieda406 | August 28, 2009 4:46 PM | Report abuse

it's so hot i had to enter 109 twice. sorry.

Posted by: frieda406 | August 28, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Is it monsoon season there, Frieda? How do the dogs bear it? Just hew to the A/C, I'd imagine.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 28, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Exactly what is it that some celebrity men find irresistible about Clare Danes? She certainly is not drop-dead gorgeous. Is she able to suck the chrome off a trailer hitch while balancing a cold beer on top of her head?

Clare Danes is obviously the person Chris Rock was talking about when he said:

"Men see one of their friends out with a great woman and say, 'I gotta get me a woman like her.'

"Women see one of their friends out with a great man and say, 'I gotta get HIM.'

As I read the Clare Danes article, I thought of the words her character screamed at the Kristanna Loken terminator:

"Just die, you beyotch!"

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 28, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

It's hot here in LA too--even by the beach, so probably dreadful in the Valley.

Agree frieda, Chris Brown's mother is a complete moron. This woman supposedly suffered from domestic violence herself and she's going to give her son a pass? Please.

First Danes sleeps with the guy then she dumps him for her next guy, who seems to be deluded enough to think she won't do the same to him. I am reminded of a great line -- "never put passion before principle, even when you win you lose."

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | August 28, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

My Dream Match-Up:

Chris Brown and the Gibraltar ape who attacked Jason Biggs.
Ultimate Fighting Championship.
12 Rounds.
Madison Square Garden.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 28, 2009 5:16 PM | Report abuse

cat, Are any of the wildfires anywhere near you? Are you suffering from Santa Ana winds yet, or is it too early in the season?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 28, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

And what kind of name is Coley Laffoon?
How'd you like to have your property listed with him? Imagine the sign on your front lawn:

Re-Max
Coley Laffoon

Perhaps HGTV should cast Coley in a new show called "Flip That Child Support Check."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 28, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Yo, cat, is the Palos Verdes smoke drifting your way?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 28, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Californian11 | August 28, 2009
-----------------------------------------
And I suppose you'll want her to bring the BC Bud.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 28, 2009 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Sas
And what kind of name is Coley Laffoon?

Glass houses, my furry friend, glass houses...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 28, 2009 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Sas, I would totally watch! Especially if they could get that Kirsten from Property Ladder to come and tell them off. I love her!

Some bad karma to come to Claire Danes. Keep you distance if you know what's good for you.

Ditto Chris Brown.

Weird Summer here in Ohio. Usually July through Sept are sweltering but has been unusually mild. This weekend hi's lucky to get 70. Very strange but won't complain. Have never had green grass in August before.

Posted by: hodie | August 28, 2009 5:27 PM | Report abuse

PSA
Live video stream of Ted Kennedy's memorial service 7 PM EDT (4 PM PDT)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 28, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

***
no monsoon this year. that's always been a misnomer for me. we average 7 inches a year. hahahahahahaha. monsoon. we've had very little rain this summer. the only bit we had was last weekend and i was in idaho at a family reunion hollering at my niece along the side of a road. hilarious.
thanks for the update on ted kennedy's memorial service. i cried like a baby.

Posted by: frieda406 | August 28, 2009 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Chris Brown and the Gibraltar ape who attacked Jason Biggs
****
taking wagers now at the tiki bar. frankie will serve as referee. she may have to take a nip or two out of mr. brown's nalgas. (refer to spanish dictionary for translation)

Posted by: frieda406 | August 28, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse

I'll take the ape at 40 seconds into Round 2.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 28, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Glass houses, my furry friend, glass houses...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker
------------------------------------------
I'm not one of Ann Heche's ex-es.

I'd rather have my cave listed with Nosy Parker than with Coley Laffoon.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 28, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

My virtual money's on Frankie.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 28, 2009 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Frankie would probably go for Chris Brown's cojones....if he had any......

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 28, 2009 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Frankie would probably go for Chris Brown's cojones....if he had any
****
frankie's very good at detecting the tiniest and most microscopic of crumbs, so she could find those shriveled dingleberries w/o much problem. built in honing device.
i say the monkey takes him in 15 seconds.

Posted by: frieda406 | August 28, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Palos Verdes smoke is reaching us but not too badly. I wouldn't really have noticed except there's ash on my car in the mornings. However, I'm really close to the beach and get a pretty good onshore breeze to keep us breathing relatively clear air--friends farther inland really having problems as they've got fire on both sides. One of them literally locked himself inside for a couple of days and ran the air conditioner full time.

Go Frankie!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | August 28, 2009 6:00 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and Nosy, no Santa Ana's at the moment, thankfully. The smoke is bad enough for people with allergy or asthma problems--Santa Ana's just make it about 100 times worse.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | August 28, 2009 6:02 PM | Report abuse