Posted at 10:59 AM ET, 08/17/2009

Kristen Stewart is Hott, and You Can Be, Too

By Liz Kelly

The irresistible Kristen Stewart. (Getty Images)

As far as I can tell YourTango is some kind of online equivalent of Cosmo -- lots of "How to [insert ridiculous acrobatic/x-rated/over-analytic action here] Your Man!" And despite my strong inclination to lose myself in "Polyamory: What If You Keep Falling In Love?," I instead put my shoulder to the wheel and decided to find out about the "5 Kristen Stewart Traits That Robert [Pattinson] and Men Love."

Ignoring the headline's disturbing implication that Pattinson is not a man, it turns out that Stewart's attractiveness lies not in curves or sex appeal, but in her devil-may-care lack of glamour, her quirkiness and her smarts. And before you dismiss this as mere speculation, YourTango makes it very clear that their findings are the result of polling both American and English men. Irrefutable, you see.

So ladies, take a cue from Kristin and add a little quirk to your look. According to one guy (British? American?) surveyed, men "get bored very easily." Is it really asking too much for us to add the odd studded bracelet or spanking new CBGB's T-shirt to our repertoire when men go to such pains to keep us guessing? Why, only this morning I was snapped out of a drooling catatonia by the site of Mr. Liz attempting to leave the house in a rumpled button down. So unexpected. So quirky. So H-O-T-T!

Okay, so now that we've learned how to cop Kristen Stewart's mojo, I'm headed back to the polyamory article. After all, knowledge is power.

By Liz Kelly  | August 17, 2009; 10:59 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: George Michael Arrested (Again); No 'Ugly Betty' for Paula Abdul
Next: Nude Tape Leaked of Eric Dane, Wife and Former Beauty Queen; Paula Abdul Angling for 'Idol' Return

Comments

"According to one guy (British? American?) surveyed, men 'get bored very easily.'"

That man does not live in my house. Hub could eat Chinese food every day and the squirts could eat mac and cheese for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Oh, and the last thing American men need to hear is that their sweeties need to BUY SOMETHING NEW in order to spice up their love life.

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 17, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Checking my hott list:

Kristen Bell
Kirsten Dunst
Christina Aguilera
Chris Jansing
Billy Crystal
Bill Kristol

Not seeing a Stewart...Who'd you say she was again?

Posted by: yellojkt | August 17, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, that picture makes her look like an extra in the women's rugby episode of The L Word. Not that that can't be hot, but...

Posted by: yellojkt | August 17, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

yellojkt, Bill Kristol?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 17, 2009 1:08 PM | Report abuse

I tried to make it through that Twilight movie but Kristin Stewart acts like she's tweaking throughout. I read that list, but I still don't see the appeal.

Posted by: sarahabc | August 17, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

yellojkt, Bill Kristol?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1
-------------------------
In certain circles, Kristol-Meth is considered smokin' hot. Afterall, he gave us Sarah Palin. And he's the cover boy for Neo-Cons Gone Wild.

Posted by: yellojkt | August 17, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Liz
I was snapped out of a drooling catatonia by the site of Mr. Liz...

And where IS this website?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 17, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 17, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Oh, Sas, you're such a LITERAL cryptid! Better in this weather to be a littoral one, I suppose (must get hot under that natural fur coat, huh?).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 17, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

"...it turns out that Stewart's attractiveness lies not in curves or sex appeal, but in her devil-may-care lack of glamour, her quirkiness and her smarts."

Well, that, or the fact that she's got two X chromosomes.

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 17, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

There's better double X's out there.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 17, 2009 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, don't let the perfect become the enemy of the available and game for a quick knee-trembler.

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 17, 2009 1:50 PM | Report abuse

You guys are way to esoteric this PM. And sas, you know way too much about Madge's hoo-hah.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 17, 2009 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Byoolin, were you ever in the Navy? When it comes to assignation, the operating principle among sailors is, "If she doesn't meet your standards, lower them."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 17, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Nosy writes:

"Better in this weather to be a littoral one, I suppose (must get hot under that natural fur coat, huh?)."

I wonder if Kristin Stewart sells sea shells by the seashore.

I am confident she wouldn't know a C Shell from a Bourne Shell from a Korn Shell.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 17, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

"Polyamory," so that's what the kids are calling it these days.

Posted by: hodie | August 17, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

You playin' some sorta shell game this afternoon, Sas? Goodness, it's too miserable to do any real work.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 17, 2009 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Kristen Stewart is more like a fashion model than classically beautiful. She has an upturned nose, slightly buck teeth, and is too thin, but there is something alluring about her face that draws you in. Also, all the tabloid photos of her smoking pot give her the wild girl cred.

Posted by: buffysummers | August 17, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Oh lizards, how I miss you. My new job means I have to be in meetings all day almost every day. Changing the world one 8-hour Integrated Product Team meeting at a time.

Anyway...When I hear Kristen Stewart, I always think Kristen Bell. Then, I'm always surprised to see a girl with dark hair and think "Wow, Veronica Mars got her hair dyed!" Then I realize that it's the Twilight chick and immediately get bored. Then I remember that I've never really seen an episode of Veronica Mars, either, so I crawl back into my hole with my Friends and Simpsons reruns.

Posted by: eet7e | August 17, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Having only seen Kristen Stewart in "Zathura," I can tell you that she plays a teenage girl frozen for half the movie and does it very well. Beyond that, whatevs.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 17, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

If you do get the time to check out the piece at yourtango.com, I would love to hear what you think!

Best Wishes,
Jenny Block
Author of "Open: Love, Sex, and Life in an Open Marriage"
www.jennyonthepage.com

Posted by: jennyeblock | August 17, 2009 8:41 PM | Report abuse

I find her very resistible, and last time I checked, I'm a male. But I do get bored easily, often by girls/women who try to be quirky by spelling their name funny, like Kristen. OK, Wikipedia tells me it's "an alternative spelling of Kristin, a Scandinavian form of Christine." Still. And don't even get me started on celeb's baby names...

Posted by: kabuki3 | August 18, 2009 9:50 AM | Report abuse