Posted at 7:30 AM ET, 08/12/2009

Liam Neeson Returns to Red Carpet; Channing Tatum -- Stripper?

By Liz Kelly
Wednesday

Headlines: Liam Neeson walks first red carpet since wife's death... Jennifer Hudson gives birth to baby boy... Stars mourn John Hughes at private funeral... Edie Falco calls healthcare town hall protesters "desperate"... Kelly Clarkson thinks Paula Abdul's "Idol" exit is a publicity stunt... Editors explain decision to digitally alter Clarkson's Self cover shot... Papa Joe says Michael Jackson has not been buried yet... Tameka Raymond (nee Foster) writes about dark vs. light skin discrimination... Dane Cook's Vanessa Hudgens dig cut from Teen Choice Awards broadcast... Daniel Radcliffe donates to gay suicide prevention charity... "Real Housewives of Atlanta's" Lisa Wu-Hartwell denies losing home to foreclosure... Castmate Kim Zolciak's 911 call.

Crime Watch: Police search Las Vegas pharmacy in Michael Jackson death probe... Cameron Douglas's (son of Michael) girlfriend arrested for attempting to smuggle heroin to him into prison... Gerard Butler's bodyguard accused of keying paparazzo's car.

Pix: PDA happy Bradley Cooper and Renee Zellweger are so dating... Inside Whoopi Goldberg's Soho loft... Kat Von D covers up tattoos for photo shoot.

Rumor Mill: LaToya Jackson in talks to join "Dancing with the Stars"... Paula Abdul negotiating "Ugly Betty" cameo... Source denies Britney Spears ignored her kids to grab swag at awards show... Justin Timberlake buys Connecticut mansion... Did married Jackson doctor Conrad Murray keep a girlfriend and kid on the side?

Video: Trailer for Heath Ledger's final movie, "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus"...

More: Channing Tatum was a cheesy male stripper? (careful, vid launches automatically).

By Liz Kelly  | August 12, 2009; 7:30 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Woman Claims Jacko Gave Her Baby to Tom Cruise
Next: Rachel Zoe Moves in on Gwyneth's GOOP

Comments

"Papa Joe says Michael Jackson has not been buried yet... "

Not dead, I tells ya.

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 12, 2009 8:18 AM | Report abuse

Why, oh why would you remove Kat Von D's tattoos? She is so much hotter with the body art.

Joe Jackson won't say whether or not Michael is in a crypt? byoolin, I don't think Michael isn't dead so much as he is un-dead.

Watched the Kelly Clarkson interviews. I am so in lurve with that girl.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 12, 2009 8:42 AM | Report abuse

"Cameron Douglas's (son of Michael) girlfriend arrested for attempting to smuggle heroin to him into prison"

Wow! Meth AND heroin. Heavy duty. This guy is really a messed-up junkie. Hope he gets the help he needs soon.

"Inside Whoopi Goldberg's Soho loft"

Ick. Who knew that MY place would be nicer than Whoopi's?

Posted by: jezebel3 | August 12, 2009 8:51 AM | Report abuse

I'm impressed that body make up can cover so much! wow. (Wait, is that why NONE of the hollywood moms have stretch marks?) I think she looks better w/ the tats but with the softer makeup from the first shot.

Posted by: Guest1234 | August 12, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Ummm. re ^^^ I'm talking about Kat VonD

Posted by: Guest1234 | August 12, 2009 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Several new theories about MJ:
1.) He is dead like Elvis (byoolin knows what I mean).
2.) He has become a zombie so he can remake Thriller. (What Papa Joe meant is that he won't stay buried.)
3.) And my personal fav: he has converted that hyperbaric chamber into a cryo-chamber and is now a popsicle waiting to be thawed in a century or two.

Posted by: hodie | August 12, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Announcement: Self magazine changes name to "Not Myself". So is Kat VonD the next cover?

Posted by: hodie | August 12, 2009 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Tom Waits as the Devil in The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus=my life is now complete.

Think Kat Von D is better w/o the tats, but then she would look like any other woman and not have a show and a perfume and a makeup line at Sephora.

Self editor's explanation for altering photos is all kindsa messed up. That woman has some serious body-hate issues.

Posted by: jelo97 | August 12, 2009 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Wow, that girlfriend of Cameron Douglas is not the brightest bulb. Honey, it's a JAIL, not a club with bars on the windows.

Still don't know who Channing Tatum is, still don't care.

Congrats to:
Liam Neeson -- hope you are doing okay.
Jennifer Hudson -- for naming her children something normal.

Posted by: epjd | August 12, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

I'm with Guest1234, like the makeup in pic #1, the rest of pic #2.

That first pic doesn't even look like her.

But really she's just hot in any picture.

Posted by: wadejg | August 12, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Paula's departure a publicity stunt. That would be, uh, crazy.

ep, Cameron Douglas' girfriend's Mensa invitation got lost in the mail. Near as I can determine from Google Images, Channing Tatum is an underwear model.

If Brit-brit didn't ignore her kids to grab swag, it was just a momemtary mental lapse.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 12, 2009 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Wow. That photoshoot of Kat von D is an effective testimonial for cover-up make-up. Makes me wonder what other before/after shoots Sephora could do....

-Lindsay Lohan after a night of partying, transformed by make-up to remove baggy, dark circles under eyes.

-Gov. Mark Sanford after a weekend on the "Appalachian Trail" is transformed into a stand-up state executive and model husband and father.

-Former Vice President Dick Cheney is transformed into...well...he disappears altogether.

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 12, 2009 10:17 AM | Report abuse

I don't know why, but I keep getting Channing Tatum and Tatum O'Neal mixed up.

Posted by: StuckatWork | August 12, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Also, if Kat von D without the tats looks like "an ordinary woman" I have been mistaken lo these many years about what most women look like. I know this "touches" on the fake-cover-is-OK thing, and I have no complaints about the ordinary women I've seen, but still.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 12, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse

I think Kat Von D is very pretty, but I think it is the tats make her unique, my question is - is this Kat before or after SELF got their hands on her photo? I mean secretely is she a 4 foot 10 inch rubenesque filipino man?

Because I think I just shouldn't believe anything I don't see with my own two eyes live and in technicolor.

I just have to understand that they are all doing it for my own good so I can try to be (how did that go in the movie Dodgeball?) the me I always wanted to be or something like that.

Anyway - in a completely unrelated manner, I would like to petition that we stop allowing Bradley Cooper to suck face with the lemon sucking face of Renee Z. I like him and have decided he needs to have fun with someone else before it starts impacting my ability to like him.

Renee Z may well be a wonderful person, but I really hate that she ALWAYS looks like she just sucked on a lemon. Seriously.

Posted by: LTL1 | August 12, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if that happens to Ryan O'Neal too?

Posted by: StuckatWork | August 12, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Tatum O'Neal should just marry Channing Tatum so she could be Tatum Tatum.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 12, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

"Dane Cook's Vanessa Hudgens dig cut from Teen Choice Awards broadcast..."

Liz, there are too many words in this sentence. Let me edit this for you:

"Dane Cook cut from Teen Choice Awards broadcast."

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 12, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Channing Tatum should get adopted by Stockard Channing so he can be Channing Channing.

Let's hope Bradley Cooper is less of a fraud than Kenny Chesney.

Posted by: yellojkt | August 12, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

I forget, do we call them Bellweger or Zooper? I heard "Cooger" was out already.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 12, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Channing Tatum, Tatum O'Neal, Stockard Channing, Carol Channing, Ryan O'Neal...my heads hurts.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 12, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 12, 2009 10:30 AM

I kind of like Cooger - isn't she something like twice his age? Barring that, I vote for Bellweger.

Posted by: northgs | August 12, 2009 11:38 AM | Report abuse

I believe it's a bellweger that a young actor's career is going nowhere when he's banging an actress who hasn't been in a hit movie in four or five years.

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 12, 2009 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1

*********************************************

Should we tell that to Ashton Kutcher?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 12, 2009 12:09 PM | Report abuse

With all her money, why can't Renee Z. afford a hairstylist?

I heart Edie Falco!!

It's still just too sad Natasha Richardson died. I guess the good really do die young.

Posted by: Californian11 | August 12, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Body ink is just ink. Somehow, I don't think it's tats that make Kat Von D unique.

Posted by: bobsewell | August 12, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

I prefer Kat sans tats, but she's fine, anytime.

Shouldn't it be about time for the first "official" Jacko sighting? I'm waiting for a sighting of Jacko and Elvis walking into a Vegas nightclub.....where Sinatra is performing.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 12, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

I have no idea who Kat Von D is. Seriously.

Zelwegger's got 6 years on Cooper. Not quite what we'd call cougar-ville but I like Cooger as a nom de couple. And for me it's not the lemon-sour-puss mouth, it's the squinty eyes. I just don't get her appeal, although I thought she was hilarious in the first Bridget Jones. On the other hand, I'm on record as not getting Bradley Cooper's appeal either, so they're well suited in my books.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | August 12, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Since Weingarten's not around to collect aptonyms I'll just leave this here, since there's some overlap in readership. Note: I initially misread the third letter of her last name as an "M."

The woman who's accused University of Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino of rape, then met with him later to shake him down for money, was named (before her subsequent marriage) Karen Cunagin.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 12, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, I would have supplied the missing "t" when I read it.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 12, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Sorcerer's Cat writes:

"And for me it's not the lemon-sour-puss mouth, it's the squinty eyes."

I suspect that the perpetual squint comes from grimacing as she protests, "You want me to suck WHAT?!?!?"

I was oot and aboot all last week. Found some news about your cat's medical issues. I hope that all is well.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 12, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Oh Crypid, I knew I could rely on you.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 12, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Er, coun on you.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 12, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Squatch. I had to be mean kitty mommy today and put his sailor's collar back on as he has started to mess with his staples. But he's doing well and Zabu didn't hiss at him when I put it back on, so we're making progress (provided he doesn't figure out how to take it off again).

Did you see the new Simon's Cat video? Priceless!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | August 12, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse