Posted at 8:10 AM ET, 08/21/2009

Michael Jackson Burial Postponed; Reality Show Contestant Charged with Murder

By Liz Kelly
Friday

Headlines: Michael Jackson's burial postponed two days, says Papa Joe... Kristen Stewart to strip in upcoming movie... Gwyneth Paltrow debuts fashion collection... Spencer Pratt praises Brad Pitt for deftly dumping Jennifer Aniston... Tameka Foster accused of plagiarizing Huffington Post essay... After Twittering her whereabouts, Lindsay Lohan complains about paparazzi crush... Nude photo of Jackie Kennedy found among Andy Warhol's possessions.

Crime Watch: Still missing VH1 reality show contestant charged with wife's murder; police confirmed he's fled to Canada... Police investigating "illegal activity" on Eric Dane nude-fest tape... Woman caught snooping at Britney Spears's home gets probation.

Pix: Courtney Love and a taxidermied turtle (in bed)... Billy Ray Cyrus and lots of mayo (not in bed)... Fishnetted Claire Danes on the cover of BlackBook... Lady Gaga gets in on the vampire craze.

Video: Benicio Del Toro as "The Wolfman"...

More: Fish-free Jeremy Piven says he's a changed man.

Rumor Mill: Paula Abdul demanded private jet in now-off "Ugly Betty" deal... Hayden Panettiere dating Hard Rock heir... Miley Cyrus spotted making out with "Last Song" co-star.

Say What?
"You know what? I just think that Miley loves entertaining people." -- Billy Ray Cyrus responds to criticism of daughter Miley's Teen Choice Awards pole-dancing.

By Liz Kelly  | August 21, 2009; 8:10 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: VIDEO -- 'Twits': Wisdom from Diddy, LiLo and BrookeHo
Next: Why Jen Should Feel Screwed Over by Us

Comments

Gwyneth's fashion line: Overall fug/WTH was she thinking? The long dress might look all right on some women. The short dress won't work on 98 of 100 women wearing it. The romper outfit - why are these being sold to adults? - is maybe okay for yoga, if you can navigate the neckline. The tank and pants, however, I wouldn't even wear to the supermarket. Certainly not in that horrid sweatsuit-gray color.

Posted by: northgs | August 21, 2009 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Spencer, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I see Billy Ray is still trying for his Woody.

Posted by: epjd | August 21, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

MJ's burial postponed... why? Could it be because he's still not dead? (Reminds me of "I've just had two hours burying the cat... he wouldn't sit still, howling, wriggling about.")

"Kristen Stewart to strip in upcoming movie..." This ties in nicely with the topic from a couple of days ago, "Why men like her."

"Miley Cyrus spotted making out with "Last Song" co-star."

Say no more, nudge, nudge, know what I mean? Say. No. More.

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 21, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

MJ's burial postponed? I'm starting to believe byoolin's theory that he's still alive. (Probably hiding in canadia with that VH1 guy).

Hey Lady Gaga stole Claire Dane's look.

Is it possible to be cruel to a taxidermied animal?

Miley is just practicing for her future career of entertaining lonely men who happen to carry lots of dollar bills.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 21, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

I hope Kristen Stewart is not sporting the Pat Benetar look because of her upcoming movie as a stripper. The spiked black hair is not an attractive look for her. I predict this will end up a dud like the Jessica Biel movie where she played a stripper. For years guys were begging to see her nude, but the movie went straight to DVD and she got no buzz out of it.

Posted by: buffysummers | August 21, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Every time the Cyrus family farts...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 21, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

"Fish-free Jeremy Piven says he's a changed man."

By 'fish', he means 'cocaine' and by 'changed' he means 'only off the asses of hookers two days a week.'

Posted by: yellojkt | August 21, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

I want to know how extensive James Galdofini's casting process was in picking Kristen as the lucky lap dancer that gets to offer to service him. Perhaps they can just release the audition tape.

Posted by: yellojkt | August 21, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse

buffy, Kristin Stewart is sporting the Joan Jett look because she is playing Joan Jett in the upcoming The Runaways.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 21, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse

The next full moon isn't until September 4, so I predict yet another delay in nailing down the coffin lid on Whacko.

Posted by: yellojkt | August 21, 2009 9:40 AM | Report abuse

The MJ delayed burial story reminds me of the line... ahem... clearing throat... ( in my best Cockney accent) "I'm not quite dead yet!"

Anyone catch Lilo on Project Runway last night? Anyone else suspicious the girl they kicked off looks a lot like Sam?

ep, I agree about Billy Ray. He wins the runner-up Woody award, and maybe Miss Congeniality for that photo with the mayo.

Posted by: hodie | August 21, 2009 10:00 AM | Report abuse

byoolin, isn't that "four hours burying the cat"? :)

Friday love to The Swayze!

Posted by: jaybbub | August 21, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

"'You know what? I just think that Miley loves entertaining people.' -- Billy Ray Cyrus responds to criticism of daughter Miley's Teen Choice Awards pole-dancing."

--Billy Ray, the correct quote would have been, "Hey, at least she wasn't pole dancing in one of my videos!"

"If I weren't me, I'd hate me," Spencer Pratt announces.

--Finally, something on which Spencer and I agree.

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 21, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

the details of that VH1 'body of ex wife found without teeth or fingers in a suitcase' story is really disturbing... almost as much as the twitter pics of courtney love with the dead turtle...

boy those 2 would make a pair

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | August 21, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

For the love of God, Billy Ray, STFU.

Poor Michael Jackson can't even catch a cab to a burial plot. Mark my words, California is getting a U.S. version of Lenin's tomb in Moscow. MJ will be laid out in a dedicated building like where they moved the Liberty Bell, and rest like Snow White (heh) in a glass casket, surrounded by armed guards doing crowd control.

"Woman caught snooping at Britney Spears's home gets probation." -- but had she brought a pack of cigarettes and a Starbucks latte when she came, she would've been hired as a personal assistant.

"Fish-free Jeremy Piven says he's a changed man." -- though getting him to stop telling people their temperature is a bit troublesome.

"Courtney Love and a taxidermied turtle (in bed)" -- sounds like one of the options in a bizarro celebrity version of "Clue." (Nope; I'm sorry. The correct answer is "Miley Cyrus, with a pole, at the Teen Choice Awards.")

hodie, I saw "Project Runway" last night. I gotta say, LiLo was a little nasty to the girl who was auf'd -- who does look, a LOT, like SamRo -- good observeration! (Granted, the dress (?) was horrific, but who the heck is Lindsay Lohan to critique fashion so harshly?)

The PR All-Stars was fun too. Never would've picked Sweet P over Santino for top four (ooh, BURN), and Korto was ROBBED. Again.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 21, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

td

Actually, I was expecting to find some Carnak and Ed McMahon dialog on this riff here (but what would the third item be?).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 21, 2009 10:53 AM | Report abuse

It's another cut and paste day. Just saying!

Posted by: wiatrol | August 21, 2009 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Okay, Nosy, I will try:

Karnac: A taxidermied turtle with Courtney Love, a pole dancing Miley Cyrus.

Ed: A taxidermied turtle with Courtney Love and a pole dancing Miley Cyrus.

Karnac: May your daughter date Jon Gosselin while nannying the Octomom's kids.

Karnac: A taxidermied turtle with Courtney Love and a pole dancing Miley Cyrus.

What will be buried and forgotten before Michael Jackson is.

Posted by: epjd | August 21, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Sheesh, wiatrol, the *whole point* of the Morning Mix (as Liz's first post of the day used to be called) is to catch readers up on the latest celebrity news; hyperlinks are provided for those wishing to read more on a topic.

Stick with the day's second post if you want an essay. In fact, here's today's.
"Why Jen Should Feel Screwed Over by Us"

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 21, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Holy smokes, what a truly stunning collection today: Spencer Pratt, Kristen Stewart, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Aniston, Lindsay Lohan, Eric Dane, Britney Spears, Courtney Love, Billy Ray Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Paula Abdul, Hayden Panettiere, Miley Cyrus. Total IQ: 11. The whole lot of 'em couldn't beat one of Andy Warhol's soup cans in a game of Scrabble.

Posted by: ChuckFi | August 21, 2009 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Excellent, ep! And just cuz it's you (and about 20 other Lizards)...

Happy anniversary of the founding of the American Bar Association (August 21, 1878, in Saratoga Springs, NY, no doubt whilst "taking the waters"!). In honor of the august occasion, let's all adjourn early to Lizard Island's Tiki Bar so we can propose a toast and listen to Dave Frishberg sing his classic "My Attorney Bernie," OK? (or Susannah McCorkle's rendition, for those who prefer).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 21, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

wiatrol was a lot funnier when he/she was luvlindsey. Just sayin'.

Posted by: yellojkt | August 21, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Which one's the tamidermied turtle?

Posted by: kabuki3 | August 21, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

From today's WaPo article, "Keep Celeb Vows Veiled In Secrecy? It's No Snap
Clinton Wedding Rumors Prompt Advice From Pros"

"[I]f Madonna or Jessica Simpson were to announce the date and locale of their next wedding, the crush of paparazzi would be so thick that neither bride would make it anywhere near the altar."

Now THERE's a capital notion: Stop 'em before the vow again!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 21, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

I'm afraid if my turtle was in bed with Courtney Love it would pull in its head and never be seen again.

Posted by: ChuckFi | August 21, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

It's another cut and paste day. Just saying!

Posted by: wiatrol | August 21, 2009 10:59 AM
---------------------------------------------
Do we get to see you in pasties?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 21, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

... Kristen Stewart to strip in upcoming movie...

After seeing the fugly outfit she was wearing in the picture earlier this week, I should hope so.

Posted by: memphis1 | August 21, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 21, 2009 10:43 AM
=================================
I thought Uli should have been in the top four and not Daniel. And why fault Uli for not using prints? Her looks were beautiful.

Had sleepy Chris March's gown been a bit more flowy, he would have won it. I thought Nina was ready to marry him right then and there.

I like how Diane Von Furstenberg covered up her face when Santino's stripperwear walked out.

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 21, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

don't bother trying to explain anything to wiatrol. he/she is just like the birthers, deathers, teabaggers, no matter how much you explain something to them, they'd rather believe their own version.

Posted by: zn123 | August 21, 2009 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Um, maybe wiatrol would be more comfortable over on the CNN site:

Posted by: memphis1 | August 21, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

You know what, Billy Ray? I think your daughter's a skank-in-training.

Spencer Pratt, whoever you are, STFU.

"Actress stripping" has become a cliche.

Posted by: Californian11 | August 21, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Yes indeed, Brad Pitt's handling of his split with Jennifer Aniston was one of the great PR manipulations of all time.

My theory: First Brad and Angelina lied and claimed they were just friends. After that was proven to be false, they were careful that every time they were photographed together, they kept a good distance away from each other--no hand-holding, cuddling, etc.

Most importantly, they were almost always photographed with a baby or young child in their arms. No one is going to vilify a man or woman holding a baby--especially a female audience. Showing off a cute baby is always good for one's image.

In addition, both of them talked of kids and little else for several years. They projected this image of the happy family, and they still do.

Some people would question the ethics of stars who use their children to get good PR, but it definitely works.

Posted by: PJinBoston | August 21, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Trenchant analysis, PJinBoston! When I read Spencer's comment, all I could wonder was whether Heidi was contemplating installing a male chastity belt on him, or ditching him.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 21, 2009 1:20 PM | Report abuse

... "whether Heidi was contemplating installing a male chastity belt on him, or ditching him"

I don't think she's smart enough to do either.

Posted by: Californian11 | August 21, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

You know what, Billy Ray? I think your daughter's a skank-in-training.

Posted by: Californian11
------------------------------------

I'd say that she's working on a graduate degree in skank by now.

Posted by: yellojkt | August 21, 2009 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, a motion to adjourn early to the Tiki Bar is always in order. No need for special ocassions likes the ABA's Birthday.

Posted by: epjd | August 21, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | August 21, 2009 2:47 PM
======================
OK. How about Hawaii's 50th birthday? Ice up that tiki glass and make mine a Mai Tai.

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 21, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

The breathtaking inanity and self-delusion of Spencer Pratt is truly a sight to behold. That he has the sheer audacity to even put himself in the same sentence as Pitt, Aniston and Jolie ... well, I'm just speechless.

"If I weren't me, I'd hate me," Spencer Pratt announces.

--Finally, something on which Spencer and I agree.

Posted by: mdreader01 |

YOU SAID IT!!!!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | August 21, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

mdreader01- I've had a stressful week. Can I tag along? No need to travel all of the way to Hawaii - surf's up on closer home with hurricane Bill coming.

If you all happen to see Billy Ray on your way to the Tiki Bar, please tell what his daughter is doin' is really not what I'd like to see my tweener do when she's 16.

Mostly bothered by her dating guys so much older than she is. I guess it's ok for hillbillies though? What's the legal age for marrying in hillbilly-land?

(Hasn't he milked her enough yet to just let go? He must be getting ready to release another album or somethin')

I also heard that Lady Gaga is not a female - did I miss a discussion while I was away on a fabulous vacay with the little lurkers?

Posted by: anonymouslurker | August 21, 2009 4:16 PM | Report abuse

A member of the Eric Dane Movie Ensemble has a new deal: designing clothes. (my hope is that they will look better than Gwyneth's)

Posted by: anonymouslurker | August 21, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

anon, you're saying that someone best known for nakedness will be designing clothes? For whom, the Emperor? Owe, the Humanity!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 21, 2009 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 21, 2009 5:16 PM
=================
They're made with that new invisible thread developed by Monsanto.

Posted by: anonymouslurker | August 21, 2009 4:16 PM
=================
No, but I heard that Katy Perry assured us all she has lady parts... however, there's a Kenyan female sprinter that they are currently investigating....

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 21, 2009 6:05 PM | Report abuse