Posted at 8:22 AM ET, 08/19/2009

Michael Jackson's Doctor Posts Video Statement; Celine Dion Pregnant

By Liz Kelly

Video: Michael Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray, says "truth will prevail" in new video statement...

Wednesday

Headlines: Robin Wright Penn files for divorce from Sean Penn... Celine Dion pregnant with second child... Nicole Kidman to appear on Thursday's "Project Runway"... Joe Jonas to be "Idol" guest judge... Brad Pitt signs on to animated movie for his kids... Ben Stiller stars in film for Smithsonian visitors... Judge: Paris Hilton not responsible (at least not $8.5 million responsible) for movie flop.

Crime Watch: Alleged Miley Cyrus stalker appears in court... "Survivor" winner Richard Hatch says he was jailed for being gay... Former "So You Think You Can Dance" choreographer Alex Da Silva charged with rape.

Video: Bikini-clad Britney Spears delivers "Late Show" Top 10 list....

Rumor Mill: Emaciated Christian Bale disappears from "Fighter" set between takes.

Say What?
"I'd be out there, and it would be scorching hot, so I would take off all of my clothes and garden. And then I would jump in the pool and swim -- and I always get in the pool naked." -- Alicia Silverstone, in Health Magazine, on her love of nude gardening.

By Liz Kelly  | August 19, 2009; 8:22 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Celebrity Sex Tapes: A Brief History
Next: Going Full Tilt for Bill Paxton

Comments

Stunningly dull stuff today.

Posted by: jezebel3 | August 19, 2009 8:59 AM | Report abuse

So many people were responsible for the failure of the Paris Hilton movie it would be difficult to assign a numerical value to each.

I see Britney is still delusional about how hot she looks.

Alicia -- TMI. Leave some mystery about you.

Posted by: epjd | August 19, 2009 9:03 AM | Report abuse

Hey, thanks Liz for reminding me Project Runway premiers Thursday! I nearly forgot and I would have been kicking myself.

I take it the judge didn't actually watch the movie.

Oh I hate to think of all the uncomfortable places one could get bug bites while nude gardening.

Richard Hatch, STFU, your 15 minutes were up long ago.

Posted by: hodie | August 19, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Does Conrad Murray actually have supporters? Aside from his family, I assume...

Posted by: katthomas | August 19, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

"Alicia Silverstone,on her love of nude gardening"

Think I'll pass, I already have a creepy neighbor that watches me while I garden fully clothed.

Posted by: zn123 | August 19, 2009 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Ditto to what hodie said about Project Runway!

I knew something was missing in my life, now I realize it was Tim Gunn telling me to "make it WORK!"

Posted by: wadejg | August 19, 2009 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Alicia has some vegan makeup brushes and a raw cookbook coming out. I guess this is her way of generating a buzz?? Maybe we should be happy she too didn't go with sex tape.

Posted by: sarahabc | August 19, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Richard Hatch, I'm pretty sure you went to jail because an entire nation saw you win a million dollars and yet you failed to tell that to the IRS. Just sayin...

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 19, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Celine Dion has Michael Jackson's doctor? Oh, it's a semi-colon. Nevermind.

Tax evasion, being gay. Same difference, Richard.

Brad Pitt signs on to animated movie so he can show up for looping wearing sweats and carrying a bag of his kids' Cheetos.

I sure hope the "Project Runway" lighting has improved from previous seasons. Then again, they can always use Nicole's blinding white skin to light the runway.

Joe Jonas is judging "American Idol"? Is it for a Backstreet Boys/'N Sync theme night? Hanson unavailable? Has this show ANY standards anymore? Will Gwynneth Paltrow be judging "Duets" night because she sang one once in a movie? Miley Cyrus selecting Barbra Striesand songs for the contestants? Barrel, you have officially been scraped. Honestly.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 19, 2009 9:18 AM | Report abuse

I would love to watch Alicia trim her topiary. Or even do some gardening in the nude.

Posted by: yellojkt | August 19, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

"Celine Dion pregnant with second child."

At least we know Rene can still drive all night with the power of love. And it's not just his heart that goes on.

Posted by: yellojkt | August 19, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Celine Dion pregnant with second child."

Posted by: yellojkt | August 19, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

They keep some of Rene's frozen sperm in the fridge and use a turkey baster.

Posted by: jezebel3 | August 19, 2009 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Let's hope Robin & Sean have some sort of frequent-user card dealie thing with their law firms.

"Celine Dion pregnant with second child."
Rene Angelil's must be hoping the kid's wailing will drown out her singing around the house...

"Brad Pitt signs on to animated movie for his kids..." We can only hope that it's an animated version of "Inglourious Basterds."

"Richard Hatch says he was jailed for being gay." C'mon, Richard. You know that's not true. After all, this is an American jail, not the U.S. military. But The Lovely Mrs. byoolin tells me that the reason he was arrested this morning *is* that he was gay.

yellojkt is the presumptive winner of the Alicia Silverstone snarkery. Chin-chin, dude.

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 19, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Per Radar (http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/08/survivor-winner-richard-hatch-arrested---again):

"Hatch was taken into custody at his sister’s home in Newport, Rhode Island where he is under house arrest for tax invasion [sic]."

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 19, 2009 9:46 AM | Report abuse

yellojkt
"Celine Dion pregnant with second child."

In the TMI categoty, yesterday's article indicated that both children were conceived through IVF. I so wish I didn't know this.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Should read "category." Need more caffeine.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

yellojkt
"Celine Dion pregnant with second child."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Rene's sperm was frozen prior to cancer surgery/treatment.

Posted by: jezebel3 | August 19, 2009 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Richard's self-nom as a gay spokesperson is an offense to gay people everywhere. And straight people too, for that matter.

Miley's alledged stalker never shoulda left the sawmill.

byoo, I'm with you on yellowjkt and the COTW. Still TMI from Alicia tho.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 19, 2009 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker

****

Isn't it preferable to holding in your head the alternative image? There's a beast with two backs that NOBODY wants to see.

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 19, 2009 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker

****

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 19, 2009 9:58 AM | Report abuse

When I first heard, I thought "wow, impressed Renee still has it going on" while trying to ignore the image byoolin suggested. But then I saw Jez's comment and figured she was probably right and Nosy confirmed. Thanks all for sparing me from wasting 2 min of my life reading the article. Now any suggestions for a name?

Posted by: hodie | August 19, 2009 10:14 AM | Report abuse

As far as Alicia's TMI, I don't mind her gardening in the buff, but I had to draw the line when she brought up Woody Harrelson being the one who taught her that behavior.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 19, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Alicia, try some nude gardening in one of the mid-Atlantic states. You can buy OFF in bulk at Cosco and you can get TECNU in gallon sized bottles online.

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 19, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Now any suggestions for a name?

Posted by: hodie
----------------------------------

Icicle
Baster
Petri

Posted by: yellojkt | August 19, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

They keep some of Rene's frozen sperm in the fridge and use a turkey baster.

Posted by: jezebel3
----------------------------
So his theme song is "All By Myself"?

Posted by: yellojkt | August 19, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 19, 2009 10:16 AM
============================
That gives me a good idea of what their crop is.

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 19, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse

There's a beast with two backs that NOBODY wants to see.

Posted by: byoolin1 |
____________________________

Or HEAR. Those have to be some real glass shattering high notes she hits doing her scales.

Posted by: yellojkt | August 19, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

They keep some of Rene's frozen sperm in the fridge and use a turkey baster.

Posted by: jezebel3
----------------------------
So his theme song is "All By Myself"?

Posted by: yellojkt | August 19, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Is it in English?

Posted by: jezebel3 | August 19, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Paris is irresponsible? Unreliable? Yes, it's undeniably true...

Nude gardening sounds dirty.

Posted by: kabuki3 | August 19, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Is it in English?

Posted by: jezebel3 |

----------------------------------------

You can be a Svengali in any language.

Link NSFE (Not Safe For Eardrums)

Posted by: yellojkt | August 19, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Bet you $10 that the second child of Celine Dion and Rene Angelil will be named Rene-Charles II.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 19, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

re: Celine - How is it possible that a plasticized woman can carry a child?

Brad Pitt - saw him in "Burn After Reading" the other night. He was really good. He played believable "dumb blonde trainer"

and lastly - Alicia - I'm sure her yard is sheltered. I don't thing I could do the kind of gardening I do in the nude (especially with poison ivy around), but the skinny dipping - I can totally relate to that!

Posted by: anonymouslurker | August 19, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Conrad Murray really needs to get an attorney. I would think if he did have an attorney, said attorney would tell him to STFU.

I'm just sorry I'm not as clever as the regulars.

Posted by: anonymouslurker | August 19, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Oh, anonymouslurker, anyone who could come up with the image of Alicia Silverstone contracting poison ivy (or oak, in California) has a most fertile imagination indeed! Sick to be sure, but fertile nonetheless.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Summer of Death update:

Earlier this week, the "Your in Good Hands with Allstate" guy.
Tuesday: Robert Novak of a brain tumor.
Today: Don Hewitt creator of 60 minutes.

Posted by: epjd | August 19, 2009 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Summer of Death update:

Earlier this week, the "Your in Good Hands with Allstate" guy.
Tuesday: Robert Novak of a brain tumor.
Today: Don Hewitt creator of 60 minutes.

Posted by: epjd | August 19, 2009 12:07 PM
=========================
Please with the melodrama... we have more celebrities than ever before. And when I'm old and in my rocking chair, we'll have one dropping every 15 minutes.

However, all the dead 50 year olds this year has been quite disturbing.

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 19, 2009 12:17 PM | Report abuse

ep, Someone death is a bit easier to bear when one knows that the deceased led a long, productive and fulfilling life. Don Hewitt was with Ed Murrow at the dawn of TV network news, and did much to create the juggernaut it became in the era of Murrow and Cronkite (newscasting of a quality nowadays largely found only on the New Hour with Jim Lehrer on PBS).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 12:26 PM | Report abuse

On the bright side, yesterday was The Swayze's 57th birthday. Hang in there, Patrick!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

"When I first heard, I thought "wow, impressed Renee still has it going on" "

Charlie Chaplin fathered children in his 80's the old fashioned way. But still, talk about a mental image that requires major amounts of brain bleach.

If Richard Hatch can be arrested for being gay then why is Perez Hilton still on the loose?

Posted by: onlytheshadowknows1 | August 19, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

WaPo censorship filter is holding this for review, so here's a sanitized version.

Now for something completely different...

"Catfight on catwalk as Google ordered to name Skanks of New York blogger"

New York (NY) - A thin Canadian woman, who has made a career of renting out her body as a clothes horse for designer garments, has taken umbrage at an anonymous blogger's description of her as a sk@nk, h0 and wh0re.

Liskula Cohen is a Canadian-born fashion model based in New York, who has appeared on the covers of several fashion magazines including Vogue and Elle. Now a judge has ruled that Google must reveal the name of the disenchanted blogger who posted pictures of Cohen in 'provocative poses' and described her as 'The sk@nkiest in NYC'.

The Manhattan Supreme Court judge has announced that placing such epithets as 'h0' and 'sk@nk" alongside such images might create 'a negative implication of se*ual promiscuity'.

Back in January, Cohen sued Google to discover the name of the person behind the "Sk@nks in NYC" blog on its Blogger.com service. Now Justice Joan Madden of the New York State Supreme Court has rejected the blogger's argument that blogs serve as a modern day forum for conveying personal opinions, including invective and ranting, and that the statements in this action when considered in that context, cannot be reasonably understood as factual assertions.

The judge ruled that Cohen is entitled to know the name of the person who posted remarks such as: "I would have to say the first-place award for ‘Sk@nkiest in NYC’ would have to go to Liskula Gentile Cohen."

Said Cohen: "Why should anybody let it go? If somebody attacks somebody on the street, you're not going to let it go - why should I just ignore it?"

When Google supplied the IP address of the un-named blogger, it turned out to be an old, female, friend of the model. The gracious Cohen told ABC News: "Thank God it was her. She's an irrelevant person in my life. She's just somebody that, whenever I would go out to a restaurant, to a party in New York City, she was just that girl that was always there."

The blog contained two photographs of Cohen and an unidentified man in 'se*ually suggestive' positions. The accompanying captions described her as 'a psych0tic, lying, wh0ring sk@nk', adding that 'desperation seeps from her soul, if she even has one.'

Cohen's legal team is now planning a defamation suit against the blogger.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Liz,

Nice job with today's cut and paste. Can my six year old fill in when you go on vacation?

Posted by: wiatrol | August 19, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

wiatrol
Can my six year old fill in when you go on vacation?

Nope, but he surely has enough talent already to fill in for your one-note posts.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

From above ....

I see Britney is still delusional about how hot she looks.

Yes I agree, she's absolutley hideous.

Sometimes I think that I'm the only one that moves in Quasimodo-like circles.

Posted by: TonyMostyn | August 19, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Liz,

Posted by: wiatrol | August 19, 2009 1:24 PM
===========
I try to keep my six-year-old far away from news about Britney Spears and Dr. Conrad Murray.

I mean, he's never even heard of Celine Dion...and I'd like to keep it that way!

Posted by: mdreader01 | August 19, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

onlytheshadows, it was not Renee's age that would have impressed me, it was the fact that he was on death's doorstep not too long ago and then able to father a child. Oh well, now we know, and not impressed.

wiatrol, are you new to this site? The morning post is always a collage of links to celeb news, posted in such a way as to produce the most snark in the comment section. The second post contains the journalism you are seeking. Carm down!

Posted by: hodie | August 19, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Holy cr@p, is that picture really Christian Bale? Yikes. He really looks hideous.

It is my considered opinion that the only reason any media pays any attention to Richard Hatch is that his name is the same as the once hunky actor--every time I see it I think it's about the actor and not the fat exhibitionist tax evader until I read further. I mean seriously, is there a single other "survivor" winner anyone can name by name?

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | August 19, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

srocerers_cat I agree, Richard Hatch is no Apollo. He's not even a Tom Zareck.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | August 19, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Dorkus for that little trip down memory lane...one of the prettiest guys on TV back in the day! ;-)

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | August 19, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

In case anyone doubted that Brit is still bat-sh&t crazy ... deluded about her looks yes, as well as suffering from the same can't-leave-the-house-decently-clothed malady as Mariah Carey.

Posted by: Californian11 | August 19, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat, don't forget James Garner, totally hawt in his day.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

"re: Celine - How is it possible that a plasticized woman can carry a child?"

There must be something in celeb water that allows some people to conceive against all odds. Exhibit A: anorexic Nicole Richie. Exhibit B: Lance Armstrong's latest. Isn't he sterile?

Posted by: Californian11 | August 19, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Does Conrad Murray actually have supporters? Aside from his family, I assume...

Posted by: katthomas
-------------------------------------------
He can purchase a supporter at almost any drug store.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 19, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Californian, it's possible that Lance had some seeds frozen before his surgery.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Sas
He can purchase a supporter at almost any drug store.

Or on K Street.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

True dat.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 19, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Heck Nosy, there were a ton of great looking men on TV back then and yes, Garner ranks right up there. Still handsome for his age, and the great voice remains. ;-)

I have to agree with katthomas--supporters? Really? Who even knows who this guy is? And who would have thought Chris Brown would start a trend of people putting up apology/thanks/explanation videos on YouTube? The whole situation is just bizarre.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | August 19, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat

Congratulations! You've just taken your first step down the slippery slope to geezerhood (not that you'll ever catch up with me).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Nosy_P - I think he & the mother of his son born this summer were a little surprised when the stick came back with 2 stripes. (I think his first were freeze dried.)

Posted by: anonymouslurker | August 19, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse

anon, it only takes 1 seed.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Best Celine headline I've seen today, courtesy of the San Jose Mercury News:

"SOON TO COME — ANOTHER SET OF VOCAL CHORDS TO BLAIR AT US WITHOUT A HINT OF NUANCE"

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 19, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

anon, it only takes 1 seed.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

And it only takes one testicle. Not likely he had both removed. Dr. Hodie out.

Posted by: hodie | August 19, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

LOL td! Did they really misspell "blare" or was that a typo? Actually instantly brings to mind Blair Witch, so perhaps it's apt ;-)

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | August 19, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat, I was thinking of Tony Blair.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

That's the actual headline, "BLAIR" [sic] and all.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 19, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

To quote the late lamented Laurence Urdang, "Sic! Sic! Sic!"

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 5:16 PM | Report abuse

it's possible that Lance had some seeds frozen before his surgery.
*****
yes, he did nosy. again, tmi. but this i remember. where the car keys are? no clue.

Posted by: frieda406 | August 19, 2009 5:20 PM | Report abuse

About midway down this page there is a fantastic example of Renee Zellwegger's lemon mouth expression we were discussing the other day: http://news.yahoo.com/entertainment

Amazingly, her eyes are actually visible in this picture!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | August 19, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Frieda, just as long as you don't forgot where you store the dog-food!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse

Should read, "don't forget."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 19, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Lance's first set of kids were born from the seeds frozen before his surgery, but he claims the latest was "conceived naturally". I took that to mean the old-fashioned way, but perhaps I misunderstood. Maybe to him, frozen via turkey baster is "naturally".

Posted by: Californian11 | August 19, 2009 7:54 PM | Report abuse